Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2015 8:04 PM

Dec 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That reveal.... I need the next chapter lol
Oct 5, 2015 8:57 PM

Dec 2014

HOLY SHOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! THAT WAS UNEXPECTED!! TOO MANY REVEALS!!
So... Yu's friends, including SassyQueen2015, escape from the battle only to find themselves caught in a mutiny between the factions of the army. And when they decide to save Guren...

Goodness... After ten chapters worth of nearly pointless warfare we're getting reveals in record time. I guess they really wanna try to cram this in the anime...?
Oct 5, 2015 11:43 PM

Sep 2014
The chapter translation is here: http://imgur.com/a/X97gl
Hasn't been released on manga sites yet.

Now.

MOTHER.FUCKING.M A H I R U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-OUTWARDLY SCREAMING-

Holy cow, this just got 10001% better.

Gotta love how Ferid just knows everything, lol. Ofc, we already knew he was leaking the info. His excuse for now seems like a lie, tho. That beautiful bastard is full of surprises.
Finally the things 3/4 shown in the LN are revealed~~!

Loved it when Guren's harem wanted to save him by themselves. I think Shinya snapped, lol.

Oh man, Guren's waifu is just too gud. I don't think I can wait for more MOTHER.FUCKING.M A H I R U/G U R E N pair~~~<3333333!!!! ;__;
mira-pyonOct 6, 2015 12:08 AM
The sun is a deadly laser
Oct 6, 2015 10:49 AM

Dec 2012
Shiniya was like "aw fuck this,gonna save my bf finally" haha

Two chapters worth of mikayuu and we finally see how Guren is doing(thank god) and welp,what we got..

So,is it clear that
I feel like I missed something
Oct 6, 2015 2:32 PM

Sep 2014
kawaii-despair said:

Two chapters worth of mikayuu and we finally see how Guren is doing(thank god) and welp,what we got..

So,is it clear that

You didn't, dw.

I was sure the anime's last scene cleared that up, lol.
Oct 6, 2015 8:59 PM

Apr 2008
kawaii-despair said:

So,is it clear that
Could also be Mahiru.

Although, it would be interesting isn't it. Mahiru and Krul trying to get the Seraph, while Guren and Ferid are actually trying to stop it.
Oct 6, 2015 9:23 PM

Mar 2015
I'm sure it was Mahiru!
But I love how this is going!
So many reveals and the season 2 starts within the weeks with everything we've read up until now being adaptated, I'm so happy!
But now, this chapter was full of revelations, It was really good!
Oct 6, 2015 11:53 PM

Sep 2014
nseika said:

Although, it would be interesting isn't it. Mahiru and Krul trying to get the Seraph, while Guren and Ferid are actually trying to stop it.

I know why Mahiru wants it. But I dunno why Krul would.

That said, Ferid is actually very interested in the experiments. Guren is [willingly] helping Mahiru, so I don't think he's trying to stop it.

Tho, it's not like Guren and Mahiru want to destroy the world. It's also possible that Krul and Mahiru+Guren are trying to make vamps and humans co-exist through the use of the Seraph.

Who knows. >.>
Oct 7, 2015 9:34 PM

Oct 2014
Was surprised to see Ferid had more influence than I'd expected. We finally see what most of us surmised early on in that they were collaborators, though seeing Krul seeming to be in on it as well was peculiar, I'd assumed Guren and Ferid were independently seeking power rather than having benefactors as well.

Deciding to screw the plan and save Guren was amazingly predictable, as well as the gang failing to really get consequences for their actions despite it being brought to the forefront.

Though I DO wonder how their plan will be thrown through a loop when they run into the rescue troop in a different location than anticipated, since they are leaving the meeting place where the experiment is likely prepared. I'm guessing having Yu kidnapped was likely accounted for, so the last bit of LN spoilers should come to forefront in the next few chapters.
Oct 7, 2015 9:44 PM

Apr 2008
It's Kureto who made the plan. Guren just decided to tag along and kill his own soldiers.

Seems like, Kureto's plan is
What I tell them:
Retreat to airport. We have airlift waiting. Let the vampires chase you to Shinjuku and we'll ambush them there.

What I don't tell them:
Retreat to airport. Sorry, no airlift waiting, but you're nice bait to gather the vampires to the kill zone. Don't worry, I'll drob batshit crazy seraph to kill those bloodsuckers, although it would likely kill you all.
Good for me, no witness.

When Shinya said it's Kureto's plan, the whole team know they're forsaken there. What they're still not sure is if Guren took part knowing this or is tricked like they do.
Oct 7, 2015 11:28 PM

Sep 2014
nseika said:
When Shinya said it's Kureto's plan, the whole team know they're forsaken there. What they're still not sure is if Guren took part knowing this or is tricked like they do.

M A H I R U K N O W S E V E R Y T H I N G
A
H
I
R
U
K
N
O
W
S
E
V
E
R
Y
T
H
I
N
G

That explanation about Kureto is solid tho.
Killing two birds with one stone. Tho if his experiments with Mirai(Kimizuki's sis) failed, his other test subjects would already be dead...
Oct 8, 2015 2:36 AM

Feb 2011
nseika said:
while Guren and Ferid are actually trying to stop it.

dunno if they are interested in stopping it, seems they're more interested in becoming the leaders of their factions

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 8, 2015 3:47 AM

Nov 2014
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT WAS GUREN!! Well, sort of... so he's being possessed by his old girlfriend and has no idea??
Oct 8, 2015 4:16 AM
Apr 2014
So Mahiru/Guren's the one pulling them strings.
Wonder how it'd go with Krul.
Oct 8, 2015 5:34 AM

Apr 2009
WOAH WOAH WOAH.
But anyway.
1) Did you actually notice that Guren hinself was about to talk about Shinjuku. But then Mahiru possessed him and changed what he wanted to say.

My suspiscion is that it's actually Mahiru who collaborates with Ferid.

2) Crowley figuring out that it was Ferid all along, not bad, I have an even better impression of him now.

3) On the other hand, Kureto. I knew he was a d***, and it was obvious. I do love bossy guys like him, and I could even think of an excuse he used Kimizuki's sister because no matter what his ultimate goal is, Kureto DOES protect humans from vampires. But the way that he seriously left these guys to die like this, I can't help but started seriously hating him.

Like sensei stated in Owari no Seraph Q&A, Kureto often looks at gravure mags. Continue doing that, boy, because you're not going to get a girl until you quit behaving like the world's biggest jerk.

4) No matter if it's Guren or Mahiru (but I'm 90% sure it's Mahiru) who cooperated with Ferid, I really find Guren's position very sad. He's so obssessed with the past (if you read the novel), Mahiru that he couldn't save, because he's powerless, and he still is, and the fact that she's still with him, even though in a demon form only makes things worse for him, because obviously Guren hasn't moved on at all since Mahiru *died*.
I believe he finally starts to realize hope in Yuu even though he originally only wanted to use him, and apparetly Yuu's words to resonate in his heart. But his obsession with Mahiru is too big for him to handle.

There's a song on the OST to the anime "Insanity Love". I'm pretty sure it's about Guren and Mahiru.

The story's becoming more interesting. I have also come to like Shinya a lot in manga because he's matured a lot since the time in the novels. I can't say same thing about Guren though.
What are your thoughts?
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Oct 8, 2015 8:20 AM

Sep 2014
kuro-ooji said:
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT WAS GUREN!! Well, sort of... so he's being possessed by his old girlfriend and has no idea??

Oh he knows.
LeeNoriega said:

What are your thoughts?

Guren's brokenness is killing my heart. On the other hand, MOTHERFUCKING M A H I R U.

Tbh, I don't think Guren needs to mature. I mean, he hasn't let go of his crush for ~19 years, but he's been strategic and a gud leader since he was younger.

I have the crushing feeling that this will all end with Guren, Yuu and Mika dying. >.>
Oct 8, 2015 9:53 AM

Apr 2009
mira-nyan said:
kuro-ooji said:

Oh he knows.
LeeNoriega said:

What are your thoughts?

Guren's brokenness is killing my heart. On the other hand, MOTHERFUCKING M A H I R U.

Tbh, I don't think Guren needs to mature. I mean, he hasn't let go of his crush for ~19 years, but he's been strategic and a gud leader since he was younger.

I have the crushing feeling that this will all end with Guren, Yuu and Mika dying. >.>

The whole point is that he does know about it.
Well, Yuu's definitely gonna die. Afterall, all his intestines raptured after he took the pill so only the owari no seraph is supporting his existence because Ashuramaru said that even he can't fix it.
Mika's existence as a vampire is unnatural so I also think he'll die.
Guren - there's no point for him to live since he's unlikely to fall in love again and the only (maybe) mission he has right now is to get rid of what's inside him. So yeah, there's a big probability he will die, I guess.
He HAS become a good leader, that's something actually that's different from Guren from the beginning of the novel series. He treasures his friends. Or at least he says so. Because his actions show the opposite.

One thing I can't figure out is his relationship with Yuu. Is it evolving? Is it not? Where does Mahiru stand in it? How much has she messed with his head? I can't wait for the new volume of the novel because the Guren in the 5th volume didn't look like someone that would be so easily driven by a demon even if it's Mahiru if it meant hurting people important to him. I wonder what happened.

I wonder if Ferid wants to get rid of Krul by siding with Mahiru.
And Mahiru's messing with Guren and the world even after her death.

I wonder if the humans side is actually becoming more antagonistic despite the sad scene we witnessed in this chapter.
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Oct 8, 2015 2:16 PM

Sep 2014
LeeNoriega said:

He HAS become a good leader, that's something actually that's different from Guren from the beginning of the novel series. He treasures his friends. Or at least he says so. Because his actions show the opposite.

I was gonna change that, but decided not to. xD
Nah, he does treasure his friends. Considering the things he went through for them. It could just be Mahiru that makes him seem like that. >.>

One thing I can't figure out is his relationship with Yuu. Is it evolving? Is it not? Where does Mahiru stand in it?

In what sense? I mean, they started as strangers, but now they're more akin to father and son. Tbh, whether Mahiru likes their relationship or not, she's gotta deal with it if she wants to complete her mission, lol.

I wonder if Ferid wants to get rid of Krul by siding with Mahiru.
And Mahiru's messing with Guren and the world even after her death.

Taking the word 'Yandere' to another level.

I wonder if the humans side is actually becoming more antagonistic despite the sad scene we witnessed in this chapter.

Yup, definitely. That said, they still side with Guren, rather that now going with Kureto and following his ideology. That's cute, imo.
Oct 9, 2015 11:21 AM

Jan 2014
So Kruel knows Mahiru. Need the next chapter ASAP!.
Oct 10, 2015 4:22 AM
Sep 2013
nseika said:
It's Kureto who made the plan. Guren just decided to tag along and kill his own soldiers.

Seems like, Kureto's plan is
What I tell them:
Retreat to airport. We have airlift waiting. Let the vampires chase you to Shinjuku and we'll ambush them there.

What I don't tell them:
Retreat to airport. Sorry, no airlift waiting, but you're nice bait to gather the vampires to the kill zone. Don't worry, I'll drob batshit crazy seraph to kill those bloodsuckers, although it would likely kill you all.
Good for me, no witness.

It's so sad, but a nice plot device. I hope Kureto get his in a really bad way. I hope it's Yu or Mika that run in him.
Oct 13, 2015 8:39 AM

May 2014
This chapter was brilliant! So many plot twists, it's delicious~
Oct 13, 2015 9:04 PM
Mar 2013
The internal struggle for power within the Japanese Imperial Demon Army is what recently transpired in this chapter as of now. It seems that the Moon Demon Company's loyalty lies with purely Guren's leadership and his alone to initiate orders for them. More so, I didn't realize that the Hiiragi family were going to get a lot of hate from reading this chapter especially to Shinya and Shinoa.
Oct 22, 2015 11:43 AM

Feb 2013
Krul you sexy little beast
Oct 22, 2015 7:34 PM

Oct 2015
The fact this reveal is synched with the release of the new novel speaks of the planning by the author.
Jun 23, 2016 11:27 PM

Feb 2013
Finally, Mahiru appears!
Feb 26, 2017 1:56 PM

Apr 2016
I'm most curious about Mahiru's involvement with the Seraph of the End project. >< I get the feeling that Guren allows Mahiru to live in his body - out of love? Guilt? It's complicated. It is tragic that the Narumi Squad lost their friends... Allowing Rika to let out her frustration and sadness is the least anyone could do. :( I'm glad Mika and Yu are on their way! :)
Jul 19, 2017 10:23 AM
Mar 2015
So Guren's demon finally shows herself? The next chapter's gonna be great.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Chapter 136 Discussion

Xiao - Apr 3

4 by TheDerpyVenom »»
Apr 18, 3:03 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Chapter 112 Discussion

FANTOMX - Mar 5, 2022

13 by SomeGuyWithHair »»
Apr 1, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Chapter 135 Discussion

Xiao - Mar 3

4 by Musashi_123 »»
Mar 7, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Chapter 134 Discussion

Red_Ranger_Wien - Feb 1

9 by Xerneas_Pharoah »»
Feb 4, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Chapter 133 Discussion

NinjaStuart115 - Jan 9

6 by iDateMikasa »»
Jan 26, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.