Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 4, 2015 10:01 PM

Apr 2015
Because I couldn't give less of a shit about mine.
My waifu, do not steal.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 4, 2015 10:07 PM
Feb 2014
I found OP's biography

OT: Hell yeah I love my country's (more specifically, my state's) culture.
AqutanOct 4, 2015 10:14 PM
Oct 4, 2015 10:08 PM

Aug 2011
You're the biggest Japanophile on MAL.
incisorr said:
i love it when people start acting like some neutral almighty unbiased godly judge and they even believe their own shit, suddenly its not their thoughts and opinions anymore but the righteous justice god way, they are unbiased, non-subjective, they just are! To be honest, everyone is like this quite often, me included, but i don't forget myself and i still post a lot of personal shit which is what forums are made for , if they didn't want us to have our own style and posts it would be an article instead a forum thread.
Oct 4, 2015 10:11 PM

Apr 2015
NekkoArc said:
You're the biggest Japanophile on MAL.
Does that mean i'm "The Ultimate Weeaboo"? I should be in Danganronpa 3.
My waifu, do not steal.
Oct 4, 2015 10:13 PM

Jan 2014
As far as I am concerned Canada is too large and varied to have a singular culture. Each province/region seems to have its own. I absolutely love the culture we have on the southern coast/islands in my province which is very different from even the interior or northern coast the exact same province.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Oct 4, 2015 10:16 PM

Jun 2015
America kind of has two large cultures and a bunch of sub cultures branching off of these large cultures. And then there's the countercultures too. I hate all of them.
Oct 4, 2015 10:16 PM

Jun 2014
Wapan is great
Oct 4, 2015 10:17 PM

May 2013
The U.S culture is unique, and blended like some sort of off-menu add on smoothie from Jamba Juice. I can't say I dislike it. I dislike no culture, unless there was a culture that stressed the importance of worshiping the movie "The room".
Oct 4, 2015 10:17 PM
Jan 2013
SAAAAAMBAAA!!! SAAAAAAAAAAAMBAAAA!!!!!

SAAAAAAAAAAMMMMBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
gone bai bai
Oct 4, 2015 10:21 PM

Jan 2009
nope too many religious and voters that vote bad politicians for the sake of temporary rewards like vote buying, but the number of irreligious and good voters are becoming vocal on social media like facebook though, the internet is doing good work for this country
Oct 4, 2015 10:22 PM

Apr 2015
khunter said:
The U.S culture is unique
Yes, but not in a good way. "Howdy, would you like to buy a hot dog? You get a free gun with every order."
My waifu, do not steal.
Oct 4, 2015 10:26 PM

Apr 2009
I love my country. But not my government.

Philippines here!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2015 10:26 PM

Aug 2010
From Canada, from the GTA. Our culture is "if it costs tax dollars we ain't doing it" Politicians are exempted from the rule
Oct 4, 2015 10:29 PM

Apr 2015
I don't talk in third-person.
My waifu, do not steal.
Oct 4, 2015 10:36 PM

May 2013
Azumaoru said:
khunter said:
The U.S culture is unique
Yes, but not in a good way. "Howdy, would you like to buy a hot dog? You get a free gun with every order."

Well, that doesn't entail the American culture. That's just a stereotype. But funny and relevant enough. That part of the U.S i hate as well
Oct 4, 2015 10:48 PM

Nov 2009
Yeah. It's pretty dank.

And for funsies

And if you aren't mad enough yet

Oct 4, 2015 11:04 PM

Jan 2015
America doesn't really have any culture.
Oct 4, 2015 11:10 PM

May 2013
LionCake said:

It's a blend of cultures, which is, in fact, a culture.
Oct 4, 2015 11:18 PM

Aug 2013
LionCake said:
Every country has culture, material and non material culture. Hollywood movies, super hero comics, Rap, Hip Hop, Jazz, Rock, American fast food, American cartoons would fall under American culture (American pop culture to be exact).

OT. Yes I do.
Oct 4, 2015 11:37 PM

Sep 2011
Taken as a whole, mostly. There are pieces I like and others I don't, but I guess that's to be expected.
Oct 4, 2015 11:53 PM
May 2010
I find Singapore's culture to be incredibly boring. Asian culture, for the most parts, kind of turn me off. It's sometimes more interesting to know about the French revolution, the American Civil War, or even better, the battles against Nazis. The Rape of Nanking is an exceptionally interesting subject though. The Japanese have a history of bloodshed that can be interesting to get into.

And on a slightly off-topic note, I don't appreciate how some history-elitists think a lack of knowledge about your country's history makes you dumber than the average person. Some of us enjoy music, some of us enjoy history, others science and math; different interests don't make you less intelligent.
Oct 5, 2015 12:16 AM

Jun 2012
Nope. Just because I was randomly born into a country and exposed to it from a young age automatically means I am obliged to like it?

Nationalism at it's finest.
Oct 5, 2015 12:19 AM

May 2013
i live in the southeast US and I have definitely grown to like it. I'm fucking listening to Lynyrd Skynrd right now I mean I definitely dig the culture. Very naturalistic and laid back. Can be messed up to with all the racism and stuff, but a lot of people aren't like that, they are just chill and have their own perspective on things.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Oct 5, 2015 12:20 AM
May 2010
Substep said:
Nope. Just because I was randomly born into a country and exposed to it from a young age automatically means I am obliged to like it?

Nationalism at it's finest.

Agreed with this so much. The prejudice your own people would put you through just because you're not patriotic is just laughable and stupid. Yeah, it's too bad my culture is boring as hell, people, but you just have to accept that America and Japan are more interesting than you.
Oct 5, 2015 12:25 AM

Sep 2015
America doesn't have a culture. It has many.
America isn't a melting pot, its more like a layered dip or a salad.
Oct 5, 2015 1:24 AM

May 2012
Finland? Culture? LMAO.

I seriously cannot say much about it, really. Mfw I actually type "Finnish culture" on google

Oh

We have the most awesome metal music here. Best metal bands come from Finland.
There. Probably the only thing about Finland I like, other than the nature.
Oct 5, 2015 1:33 AM

Sep 2015
viktimm said:
Finland? Culture? LMAO.

I seriously cannot say much about it, really. Mfw I actually type "Finnish culture" on google

Oh

Indeed Finland has some awesome metal bands.
Oct 5, 2015 1:40 AM
Jul 2018
I guess I like many things which is considered classic in my native culture.
This includes: some movies, some literature, some music and that's it..
I don't care about what's happening with these arts now in my native culture.
BUT I do like what's happening with them in general in the rest of the world.
In other words - I like our heritage, but I'm not obsessed with it at all.
Oct 5, 2015 1:50 AM

May 2015
viktimm said:
Finland? Culture? LMAO.

Oh

Sauna ja jääkiekko vittu saatana
Oct 5, 2015 1:51 AM

Jul 2014
I should probably just abstain, because whenever you get Australians together on the internet they have some sort of identity crisis and just wallow in stereotypical "Aussie culture". It's as if we're super insecure about the lack of a true independent culture. Sometimes I fear the only reason we're on the world stage is because of our HDI and powerful friends.

I mean, there's like what? Two Australians that anyone ever cared about? And one of them made a living by molesting animals.
Oct 5, 2015 1:55 AM

May 2012
Ben-Hur said:

Nauroin.

I mean, "I lol'd"
Oct 5, 2015 2:06 AM

Jan 2015
Average conversation in Australia

Skoin cunt? You look a bit how ya goin'. Anyway, lets go down to the fuckin' pub and get some grog and then get some duzzas from behind woolies. We can get a root in the arvo and eat some bangas from the bunnings sausage sizzle. Then we can go walkabout for a bit and beat on some bloody drongos. Yeah nah for maccas later?

What's not to love?
Status_EffectOct 5, 2015 2:11 AM
Oct 5, 2015 2:10 AM

May 2013
ToastofJustice said:

Skoin cunt? You look a bit how ya goin'. Anyway, lets go down to the fuckin' pub and get some grog and then get some duzzas from behind woolies. We can get a root in the arvo and eat some bangas from the bunnings sausage sizzle. Then we can go walkabout for a bit and beat on some bloody drongos. Yeah nah for maccas later?

What's not to love?

Is that really how people talk? I'm sure to me it seems like this, but that seems like a real sort of redneck, uneducated way to talk. But obviously it's a different culture from here.
Oct 5, 2015 2:15 AM

Jan 2015
khunter said:
ToastofJustice said:

What's not to love?

Is that really how people talk? I'm sure to me it seems like this, but that seems like a real sort of redneck, uneducated way to talk. But obviously it's a different culture from here.

Well, words are often shortened in average conversation for every social class.

Quite a bit of slang is used too. With my friends, it's sometimes ironically, but more often than not, it's common vernacular. We don't write like that, obviously.

But your upper middle "Bogan" (our equivalent to red-necks, I guess) and lower class bogans speak like that on a regular basis.
Status_EffectOct 5, 2015 2:18 AM
Oct 5, 2015 2:17 AM

Sep 2010
khunter said:
ToastofJustice said:

What's not to love?

yeah we all talk like that when we're off the internet
if I don't call my mate a cunt every 10 seconds what's even the point
not everyone you fuckin egg
Oct 5, 2015 2:19 AM

Jan 2015
animeoshiri said:
khunter said:

I can confirm that cunt indeed means friend in Australian.
Oct 5, 2015 2:25 AM

May 2015
Contemporary Portuguese culture isn't my cup of tea but I am indeed proud of our heritage throughout the world.
I don't really identify with Portuguese culture nowadays and feel out of place most of the time, mainly because I don't have the same habits as everyone else around me. I don't drink, smoke or do drugs, neither do I enjoy going out clubbing at night so there is not much I can do to fit in.
And supposedly we have a big football/soccer craze. Everyone smokes too much to be able to last 10 minutes in a game.
We don't really have much of an identity nowadays apart from our wine and desserts, hence why I'm just talking about habits.
Oct 5, 2015 2:26 AM

May 2015
viktimm said:
Ben-Hur said:

Nauroin.

I mean, "I lol'd"

Not to mention the excessive alcohol and coffee consumption.
Oct 5, 2015 2:29 AM

Apr 2014
Kiwi culture chill af, until we lose to Australia at sports than we all salty as fuck.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2015 2:35 AM

Sep 2010
ToastofJustice said:
animeoshiri said:

I can confirm that cunt indeed means friend in Australian.
to foreigners: if you get called a cunt by someone you don't know while being a dickhead they're not being friendly

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
_Ghost_Oct 7, 2015 1:39 PM
Oct 5, 2015 2:48 AM

Jul 2015
Yep, love all the rampant political correctness and white guilt.

JK we don't have a culture.
Oct 5, 2015 3:06 AM

Apr 2014
America has no culture. There are only pockets of inspiration here and there that defy this cultureless wasteland.
Oct 5, 2015 3:12 AM

May 2013
Altairius said:
America has no culture. There are only pockets of inspiration here and there that defy this cultureless wasteland.

..oh my...Of course America has culture.
Oct 5, 2015 3:26 AM

Jan 2015
khunter said:
Altairius said:

..oh my...Of course America has culture.

Yeah, like Jazz, Blues, Hollywood, rap, hip-hop, American pop culture, diabetes, heart attacks ect.
Oct 5, 2015 3:28 AM

Jun 2009
German culture is SEKAIICHI!!!
Oct 5, 2015 3:35 AM

May 2012
Ben-Hur said:

Not to mention the excessive alcohol and coffee consumption.

Basically I was supposed to mention the alcohol and being shy as fuck and grumpy and depressed.

Then I thought I wouldn't wanna make everyone think finns suck.

Then again... IDGAF
Oct 5, 2015 3:46 AM
Jul 2018
mi no leik :(
Oct 5, 2015 3:57 AM

Aug 2013
Altairius said:
America just like other countries in the Americas has cultural syncretism due to a history of colonialism and mass immigration.
http://study.com/academy/lesson/what-is-cultural-syncretism-definition-examples-quiz.html

"Syncretism is a combination of separate concepts into one new, unique idea". "Cultural syncretism is when an aspect of two or more distinct cultures blend together to create a new custom, idea, practice, or philosophy." " Cultural syncretism can occur for many reasons, from immigration to military conquest to the marriages between groups, and results in a culture finding ways to blend new customs into their own."

I swear people on MAL are completely daft when it comes to culture and what it is.
DrGeroCreationOct 5, 2015 4:00 AM
Oct 5, 2015 4:16 AM

Nov 2012
It's okay. I like some aspects of it, but as a whole I don't think it's something super special.
Come here and play with my darkness
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

28 by _Nette_ »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

67 by 3miL »»
39 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

30 by rohan121 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 11 hours ago

16 by traed »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

23 by cody »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.