Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2009 5:06 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 13, 2009 9:39 PM

Jun 2008
RIP Kanna >__<
Dec 14, 2009 10:43 AM

Jan 2008
*sigh* Subs are late this week. :(

Ah well, the group Kanketsu-hen has spoiled me with their usual Sunday morning releases. Now I just feel like it's taking forever in comparison.
Dec 14, 2009 1:50 PM

Nov 2008
Finally the official sub version is up. I got used to a Sat release. But I'll get used to the new schedule.

This episode surprised me. I felt like it had a feel of sadness. Something that I did not feel in the manga and it it lacked in episode 9.

It was a great episode, Kana had to go eventually and we will soon be getting to the more interesting stuff. Can't wait for next week!
Dec 14, 2009 6:15 PM

Jun 2008
watched the sub now.

Sango, Miroku, Shippo = side commentary XDseriously they're like sports commentators giving out play by play >__>

and Kagome's arrow stopped Kanna's Mirror Shadow attack, so why didn't she do it earlier, like on the second attack, instead of letting Inuyasha take the hit so many times before deciding to shoot? >__>

and I dunno why Inu-group thinks Kanna can just stop attacking, or be free after that,. Naraku has control over her, so it's not like she can stop attacking whenever she wants, or that she can just walk off after losing...

anyone else noticed Byakuya wears lipstick? XD He reminds me a bit of Jakotsu, but less open about his.. preferences xD

Next ep is my fave!! Sango x Miroku ftw! though I'm kinda surprised they're giving just one ep for it considering it was kinda long in the manga.. so I guess will have to see how they squish it in. So far Final Act has been one ep per arc, hmmm...
Dec 14, 2009 11:17 PM

Sep 2008
I wish Tetsaiga would have shattered, it'd be a lot cooler that way... or at least have a real shard fly into Kagome's eye so she could lose one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2009 11:31 PM

Nov 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
... or at least have a real shard fly into Kagome's eye so she could lose one.

LOL That is pretty harsh. I have not encountered someone that hates Kagome that much.

But true, it could have made things interesting.
Dec 15, 2009 12:38 AM

Apr 2009
ClementIV said:
HawthorneKitty said:
... or at least have a real shard fly into Kagome's eye so she could lose one.

LOL That is pretty harsh. I have not encountered someone that hates Kagome that much.

But true, it could have made things interesting.

It's not even a matter of hating Kagome, it's what should have happened LOL...
Dec 15, 2009 8:19 AM

Feb 2009
My god. Shippo and Kagome's obvious statements thrown in the situation randomly really killed half the mood for me. xD

Even that weird guy, "And Kagome could've just fired her arrow into the center without warning, she didn't need to announce it. This group is weird."

Seriously!

And yet again, another character was struck down by the pen of the author, and I'm still wondering why we're falling into the pattern of "good episode ----> someone dies" It's starting to upset me. Who's next!? Shippo, Sango, Miroku!?

Probably everyone but Kagome. >.>

But ignoring all that, Kanna's death was sweet, and I wished her last words would've been with more meaning like Kagura's, helping the plot out a bit was good too. :D So I like this episode.

Dec 15, 2009 6:30 PM
Nov 2007
HawthorneKitty said:
or at least have a real shard fly into Kagome's eye so she could lose one.

Dec 15, 2009 7:43 PM

May 2007
Shotafill said:
hmmm...
I wasn't even touched when she died... weird. This episode was just... too unimotional :(.
lol, but kanna is soo cute!
But it's really seems like... there was no other way the team would figure out what to do... so kanna told kagome oO.
But I WANTED KAGOME TO LOSE HER EYE! that'll be too cool (no hating, just awesome turn).
Then her and Kaede would have something in common.
Dec 15, 2009 9:34 PM

Aug 2008
I agree, Kagome should have lost an eye. I was bored.
Dec 16, 2009 3:46 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
So Kanna dies, eh? She was an okay character. I prefer Kagura more than Kanna.

Dec 17, 2009 12:25 PM

Oct 2009
Kagura, Kikyo, now Kanna... This is sad, this truly is the Final Arc.
Dec 18, 2009 5:40 PM

Oct 2009
No KANNA!!!!!!!!!
she was my favorite of all naraku's incarnations.
Dec 28, 2009 6:50 PM

Sep 2008
Poor Kanna... But Byakuya is right. Inu's group is weird in their thinking that Kanna has control over her actions or that she can be free... Obviously in the end she disobeyed Naraku a little bit, but it really only was a little bit. She did still explode. Nice of her to help out a tiny bit with that final message.
Jan 6, 2010 11:06 PM

Dec 2007
Its been a long run kanna, now you really happened T_T

Feb 10, 2010 7:30 PM

Feb 2009
Everyone wants Kagome to lose her eye, I knew they would kill her after killing Kagura, Naraku is so cruel Kanna never once disobeyed him so why?
Jul 21, 2010 6:38 AM

Jul 2007
waaa poor kanna, she was so kawaii and know her feelings now it's so sad, she wanted to be free like kagura, and now she is TT-TT.
it would kill me if inuyasha killed her, naraku is such an awful being, he has to die for all the people he killed, including the parts he created TT-TT
Aug 15, 2010 7:55 AM
Jun 2010
Another episode where I already knew something sad was gonna happen, yet I cried anyway.

This episode was really good, and upsetting. When Kanna got cracks on her, and especially when her hand fell off, it brought back some unpleasent memories from my past. I feel like I can relate to Kanna in some ways.

Anyway, I think that the main reasone Kanna told Kagome how to defeat Naraku, is because she wanted revenge for Kagura. Before she told Kagome how to defeat him, she said, "Kagura." She really did love Kagura, even though she herself didn't realize it. She was Kagura's big sister, so she couldn't help but be upset by it.

Really good episode, and I think we realize Kanna isn't emotionless, she just didn't know what she wanted. I also like that we learn a little something. We now know that Naraku posseses the hearts of all his incarnations, and not just Kagura.
Nov 14, 2010 12:51 PM

Jun 2008
six dead characters so far, this is awesome

RtheO
Nov 30, 2010 4:15 PM

Dec 2008
Naraku, you BASTARD!!!
Jan 6, 2011 11:24 AM

Jan 2010
I'm almost cried................

Kanna rip

This episode reminds me of Kagura's death....which is sad to me (since she is one of my favorite)

Fav characters in this series
1st fav: Inuyasha
2nd fav: Kikyo
3rd fav: Sesshomaru
4th fav: Kagura
5th fav: Sango

^________^
Apr 5, 2013 3:56 PM

Sep 2010
I was actually expecting Kagome to go blind. Oh well.
Kanna's death was interesting, actually.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Sep 23, 2013 1:32 PM

May 2009
BLeakXBuRSTX19 said:
No KANNA!!!!!!!!!
she was my favorite of all naraku's incarnations.

mine tto
sad):
Apr 29, 2014 5:43 AM
Mar 2013
With this all of Naraku's incarnations are gone except for Byakuya.

You want to know something ironic? Every single incarnation of Naraku has ended up betraying him (except Byakuya).

Kanna - She told Kagome that the light would defeat Naraku
Kagura - She was never on Naraku's side in the first place ^^
Goshinki - Sesshomaru used Goshinki's fangs to make the Tokijin which he used against Naraku
Juromaru/Kageromaru - They had no loyalty to Naraku and even destroyed his demon puppet in the first season
Muso/Onigumo - He tried to kill Naraku so that he could be free to pursue Kikyo
The Infant - He betrayed Naraku and built Moryomaru as protection from him
Hakudoshi - He was the same as the infant, he betrayed Naraku to use the jewel for his own ends

After I realized this I kinda felt feel sorry for Naraku ^^
Apr 25, 2015 11:33 PM

Nov 2014
So the ONE incarnation that Naraku actually trusts decided to betray him too. I love Kanna, she will be missed. T_T

Why was her hair cracked too? How is that even possible? Or was it just her skin under her hair but it was showing through her hair?
Sep 21, 2015 10:35 PM

Dec 2009
Fuck, I loved Kanna so much ;-; RIP
Oct 21, 2015 1:56 AM
Apr 2015
I knew something like that would happen with Kana. There is a massive change of pace in The Final Act compared to the original series, though I kind of like it how it is all suddenly coming together.
(⇀‿‿↼) ( ͠°‿‿ °) ( ͡°‿‿ ͡°) (⍜‿‿⍜) (๏‿‿๏) (■‿‿■) ( ͡⎚‿‿ ͡⎚) (◕‿‿◕) (x‿‿x) (ᵔ‿‿ᵔ) ( ̄‿‿ ̄) (⪩‿‿⪨)
Dec 24, 2015 9:37 AM
Dec 2014
emeraldrosary said:
With this all of Naraku's incarnations are gone except for Byakuya.

You want to know something ironic? Every single incarnation of Naraku has ended up betraying him (except Byakuya).

Kanna - She told Kagome that the light would defeat Naraku
Kagura - She was never on Naraku's side in the first place ^^
Goshinki - Sesshomaru used Goshinki's fangs to make the Tokijin which he used against Naraku
Juromaru/Kageromaru - They had no loyalty to Naraku and even destroyed his demon puppet in the first season
Muso/Onigumo - He tried to kill Naraku so that he could be free to pursue Kikyo
The Infant - He betrayed Naraku and built Moryomaru as protection from him
Hakudoshi - He was the same as the infant, he betrayed Naraku to use the jewel for his own ends

After I realized this I kinda felt feel sorry for Naraku ^^

Naraku don't care about any of his incarnations, why his incarnations would like him
Dec 7, 2016 8:08 AM

Feb 2015
Well, Naraku is using all his resources to finally kill InuYasha but nothing is going like he wants. Kanna is dead now but only remains one fragment of the pearl. Seshomaru should care of Kohaku cause there's the last fragment.
Dec 17, 2017 5:43 AM

Apr 2009
So much love of people for Kanna here, when she barely speaks in the series. lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2019 6:34 AM

Jul 2015
RIP Kanna, she never got to live a life she wanted herself

At least she carried information on Naruku's weakspot onto Kagome

Aug 2, 2020 7:52 AM

May 2020
Kanna: Out, next, Byakuya
Aug 25, 2020 7:58 AM
Aug 2020
This whole battle against the mirror demon seemed tired and worn out, but overall not too bad. Nice to have some Kanna episodes, now that she's dead. That was inevitable.
Nov 11, 2020 7:26 AM

Dec 2007
in the end kanna was the most used tool of naraku, which only destroys his minions from the start of the season.

we didn't get to know much about kanna, as naraku said, she was without emotions, so her death wasn't that sad.

great battle, though once again tessaiga's power only get stolen every time, really like inuyasha to trust like this on his tessaiga.

and we always see this byakuya appear but we never know much about him or rather he never makes good scenes.
Jun 28, 2021 8:24 PM

May 2019
Piece of shit kills another one of his incarnations. At the end of the day almost all of the incarnations will most likely to against Naraku in some way. Rip Kanna

Nov 17, 2021 11:40 AM

Apr 2013
Since when do they care about Kanna? In comparison to Kagura they barely had any contact with Kanna.
Dec 25, 2022 11:25 PM

Jan 2018
Farewell mini Oyuki, I mean Kanna. 

I was right. The group DID care about Kanna enough to allow her to escape. And they were right in doing so because in the last second Kanna betrayed Naraku despite being an emotionless doll. Naraku now has only a single incarnation left. It's only a matter of time before he betrays him I guess. I wonder how Naraku feels that not a single one of his creations loved him? I guess for a half-demon like Naraku it doesn't matter. 

I almost lost my shit when a shard pierced into Kagome's eye. But through her immense spiritual power it caused her no harm. Of course it didn't. It'd be far too cruel if it did. 

It was also really cool to see Inuyasha in his demon form again. It'd be great if he was able to switch between his forms easily. 
Mar 9, 2023 8:34 PM

Feb 2020
I do not understand why Kanna had an emphasis now (perhaps I just did not pay attention), but this shows how cruel Naraku is! Even his hardest workers get disowned, as long as it is apart of his ultimate plan. Thankfully the "light" is the key to finally kill him.
gunk.
Sep 21, 2023 3:31 AM

Jun 2020
Kanna should have been more fleshed out throughout the series and her death would have had more impact. Why is it that just now we learn that Naraku designed Kanna so that she wouldn't feel any emotion? This could've been revealed sooner, along with Kanna feeling for Kagura's death despite this. Like, you would just assume that Kanna was simply introverted before this episode, aka the majority of the show.

Nontheless, the episode does well at conveying the emotion that does occur and mostly serves as another piece of the key to destroying Naraku.

One moment I really liked is when Naraku expressed his disgust over how Inuyasha and everyone else were able to empathize with Kanna despite everything she's done throughout the show. It demonstrates Naraku's flawed understanding of emotion and its complexity, which is perhaps the reason he was not able to completely strip Kanna of emotion when he created her.
Jan 3, 3:25 AM

Sep 2018
Oh jeez, did they really have to portray Kanna's final message like that? With a shard of glass wedged into Kagome's eyeball? Made me squirm a little lol, especially with how the eyeball changed design slightly showcasing that, yes, a shard glass has gone into her eye XD

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 23 Discussion

ClementIV - Mar 8, 2010

40 by prozyne »»
Apr 18, 4:15 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClementIV - Oct 10, 2009

96 by prozyne »»
Mar 25, 5:30 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Chimasternmay - Nov 21, 2009

128 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 1:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2009

63 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 2, 9:21 PM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 3, 2009

143 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 1, 1:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.