The Golden Age is over or your perfect anime

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 26, 2015 12:19 PM

Sep 2014
Tylaen said:
SSSadistic said:

thats not a gold you see thats piss

That's not piss you see, that's your own butt.

that's not a butt that's your face
Aug 26, 2015 12:21 PM

Jun 2015
So basically, since animu lacks originality it is dying?

I think for a person to strive(in this case, animu), you must utilize knowledge from the past and re-create it or improve it towards something new.
Sure, series this days looks redundant. But it's all part of the process.
___
Animu is dying because it doesn't match your taste/hurts your morals? LOL no.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2015 12:27 PM

Jul 2011
We need anything that's not:
a) A VN adaptation
b) Moe
c) Harem
d) Written by Urobuchi(ok, if they make Saya no uta an anime, im all for it)
Aug 26, 2015 12:28 PM

Mar 2008
I believe great anime will continue to come, not many, but a few every now and then

but I doubt someoe like Satoshi Kon will come along again, RIP
Aug 26, 2015 3:01 PM

Apr 2015
It's getting better and better. Yes, this year so far has been a bit on the disapponting side but 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 were amazing, one bad year (that still gave birth to some very good anime) won't shake my opinion. I have high expectations for 2016 as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2015 3:02 PM

Apr 2013
TerriccotaPie said:
a) A VN adaptation
b) Moe
c) Harem

The fuck is wrong with moe?

Moe pretty much revitalized the anime industry m8.
Aug 26, 2015 3:19 PM

Aug 2014
ichii_1 said:
Kruzy said:

Overlord is the tale of the gary stu of gary stus. Seriously, the series is a big Ains Ooal Gown circlejerk.

Only the butthurt haters use that excuse.
Ainz was not even among the strongest players in the game before he got send to another world.
He's a business man/gamer turned overlord, and overlord will be one of the best selling anime of the year.

Oppos1te said:

and it will be 70% filler.

Even if it is, it'll still be better than most anime ever made XD

Overlord is just so meh. I couldn't even be bothered to watch the latest episode so I dropped it.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Aug 26, 2015 3:23 PM

Apr 2015
SSSadistic said:
Tylaen said:

That's not piss you see, that's your own butt.

that's not a butt that's your face

That's not my face, that's Batman doing ballet on top of a rhino.
Aug 26, 2015 4:23 PM

Jul 2013
omfgplzstop said:
Kruzy said:

Lol. So you're saying that a fantasy premise that turns into full-blown mystery while still keeping the action and supernatural elements intact and relevant isn't unique? aight m8.

The Overlord adaptation is going slowly, so it's going to take a while before someone who was among the top players in the game (and ends up getting even stronger since he takes the guild weapon with him) gets to an actual challenge. Even though the elements that I liked so much about it from the LNs are significantly less apparent in the anime, it's still unique and far from what you describe it as.

As for Souma, just because the MC 'can never get expelled' doesn't make the show bad. For all your suspense needs, there are plently of contests and competitions in the show, where Souma does NOT always come out on top. You know you were exaggarating.

A full blown unnecessary mystery. Like why can't they just fucking move on to the actual enemy instead of wasting their time on this bullshit? Also not everything unique is good, not that this really is.

Overlord is just another stuck in game adaptation, I want to see what is so unique about this.

A series that is about proving yourself in the hardest cooking school ever and forcing your way to the top does need a lot of suspense and Soma came out winning or in a tie in every important match so far, all he has to do is put on his bandana.
Aug 26, 2015 4:25 PM

Jun 2014
TerriccotaPie said:
a) A VN adaptation
b) Moe
c) Harem

Saya no Uta is a VN lol
Aug 26, 2015 4:30 PM

Apr 2015
Kruzy said:

A full blown unnecessary mystery. Like why can't they just fucking move on to the actual enemy instead of wasting their time on this bullshit?

A story written as a mystery should focus on something it's not? I guess you missed the thing holding them there.

Shingeki No Bahamut Is what you're looking for, if it's not that sort of evil versus good you're searching for.
Aug 26, 2015 4:34 PM

Jul 2013
Tylaen said:
Kruzy said:

A full blown unnecessary mystery. Like why can't they just fucking move on to the actual enemy instead of wasting their time on this bullshit?

A story written as a mystery should focus on something it's not? I guess you missed the thing holding them there.

Shingeki No Bahamut Is what you're looking for, if it's not sort of evil versus good you're searching for.

The story is about 6 heroes going to fight the big evil boss and the introduction of this "mystery" will just delay the main plot of the series of happening resulting in just another incomplete story.
Aug 26, 2015 4:39 PM

Apr 2015
Kruzy said:
Tylaen said:

Shingeki No Bahamut Is what you're looking for, if it's not sort of evil versus good you're searching for.

The story is about 6 heroes going to fight the big evil boss and the introduction of this "mystery" will just delay the main plot of the series of happening resulting in just another incomplete story.

If the most important thing for you to experience Is a quick slaying of a big bad, then you're looking for the wrong things In the wrong show.

Expecting this sort of fantasy setting to adhere to common tropes Is not always healthy.
Aug 26, 2015 4:44 PM

Jul 2013
Tylaen said:
Kruzy said:

If the most important thing for you to experience Is a quick slaying of a big bad, then you're looking for the wrong things In the wrong show.

I'm not looking for a quick slaying, I'm just looking for a show that doesn't waste time on pointless stuff.
Aug 26, 2015 4:47 PM

Apr 2015
Kruzy said:

I'm not looking for a quick slaying, I'm just looking for a show that doesn't waste time on pointless stuff.

Sounds like you're just not In agreement with the authors priorities and their current situation, which you deem as unimportant because it does not appeal to your sweet spots.
Aug 26, 2015 4:56 PM
Mar 2014
Kruzy said:
omfgplzstop said:

Lol. So you're saying that a fantasy premise that turns into full-blown mystery while still keeping the action and supernatural elements intact and relevant isn't unique? aight m8.

The Overlord adaptation is going slowly, so it's going to take a while before someone who was among the top players in the game (and ends up getting even stronger since he takes the guild weapon with him) gets to an actual challenge. Even though the elements that I liked so much about it from the LNs are significantly less apparent in the anime, it's still unique and far from what you describe it as.

As for Souma, just because the MC 'can never get expelled' doesn't make the show bad. For all your suspense needs, there are plently of contests and competitions in the show, where Souma does NOT always come out on top. You know you were exaggarating.

A full blown unnecessary mystery. Like why can't they just fucking move on to the actual enemy instead of wasting their time on this bullshit? Also not everything unique is good, not that this really is.

Overlord is just another stuck in game adaptation, I want to see what is so unique about this.

A series that is about proving yourself in the hardest cooking school ever and forcing your way to the top does need a lot of suspense and Soma came out winning or in a tie in every important match so far, all he has to do is put on his bandana.

XD
They can't deal with the actual enemy if one of them is working for that actual enemy. I don't care whether you find it good or not, but please keep in mind that I provided it as a UNIQUE anime, as per the user's request. I don't have anything else to say, as Tylaen already posted with most of what I had in mind.

Overlord is another stuck in game adaptation, except this time the MC has a personality and tries to abuse the power he had while in the game to make up for his loneliness after all his actual friends leave him alone in that world. By doing shit none of the characters in other stuck in game adaptations would ever do.

As long as it's enjoyable, I really couldn't care less about suspense. You might be looking for a different show, but I'm going to enjoy Shokugeki the way it is.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Aug 26, 2015 4:58 PM

Mar 2013
No such thing as Golden Age because Golden Age is base on People opinion. Say you like 90's Anime and your friend like 00's Anime then each Golden Age is different. Pointless argument I think.
Aug 26, 2015 4:59 PM
Mar 2011
i v sated man tes what othe golden age based on facts based ideld and the maonut of risks taken by studios unlike now veyr few studios are will ot take risk otday
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 26, 2015 5:07 PM

Jul 2013
Tylaen said:
Kruzy said:

Sounds like you're just not In agreement with the authors priorities and their current situation, which you deem as unimportant because it does not appeal to your sweet spots.

It's unimportant because the series only has so much time and spending it on a game of Cluedo instead of world building and introduction of the antagonists as well as their and the protagonists motives. Meanwhile the "mystery" is introducing conflicts that could have happened at a better/more crucial time and not during the build up of the series.
I'm more interested in knowing why you would think that the current thing they're doing is in anyway good.

omfgplzstop said:
Kruzy said:

XD
They can't deal with the actual enemy if one of them is working for that actual enemy. I don't care whether you find it good or not, but please keep in mind that I provided it as a UNIQUE anime, as per the user's request. I don't have anything else to say, as Tylaen already posted with most of what I had in mind.

Overlord is another stuck in game adaptation, except this time the MC has a personality and tries to abuse the power he had while in the game to make up for his loneliness after all his actual friends leave him alone in that world. By doing shit none of the characters in other stuck in game adaptations would ever do.

As long as it's enjoyable, I really couldn't care less about suspense. You might be looking for a different show, but I'm going to enjoy Shokugeki the way it is.

aka unnecessary elements. Venus Project is more unique because it's about idols fighting with VR mechas that are controlled with their singing. Doesn't mean that it introduces anything good that makes it worth remembering.

Abusing his powers would mean to take over the world in an instant which he could do with how powerful he is but naaah. Also Log Horizon's character have more personality and they explore the game a lot more than Overlord.

That's a stupid comeback. In other words "I've nothing to say so I'll try to get out of the discussion by mentioning enjoyment because I can't agree that a show I like has issues".
Aug 26, 2015 5:14 PM
Mar 2011
i have stated mnay a time why i thin the golden age ws the golden age

like studio ad the spare money to take risks cause the Japanese economy was doing so well
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Aug 26, 2015 5:27 PM

Apr 2015
Kruzy said:
It's unimportant because the series only has so much time and spending it on a game of Cluedo instead of world building and introduction of the antagonists as well as their and the protagonists motives. Meanwhile the "mystery" is introducing conflicts that could have happened at a better/more crucial time and not during the build up of the series.

Rokka No Yuusha Is adapting volume 1 of the LN of the same name. The build up already happened and it was towards the main plot of the first novel, which is now being translated very faithfully into 1 cour. What you're asking for Is a rushed sprint towards the middle of the show which I can't even begin to comprehend because from what I've heard, literally every volume of the LN has mystery as the core of it's entertainment. The mystery Is the core of the story, even if it seems to be In a misplaced fantasy world.

Kruzy said:
I'm more interested in knowing why you would think that the current thing they're doing is in anyway good.

A part from the misleading start, I've found that I enjoy the tension that the mystery provides.

Etc. That's probably the short version, though.
Aug 26, 2015 5:42 PM

Jul 2013
Tylaen said:
Kruzy said:

Rokka No Yuusha Is adapting volume 1 of the LN of the same name. The build up already happened and it was towards the main plot of the first novel, which is now being translated very faithfully into 1 cour. What you're asking for Is a rushed sprint towards the middle of the show which I can't even begin to comprehend because from what I've heard, literally every volume of the LN has mystery as the core of it's entertainment. The mystery Is the core of the story, even if it seems to be In a misplaced fantasy world.

The build up didn't happen if we know so little of the world and the enemies. We don't even know why some of the main characters are actually bothering to fight or the motives for some of the other actions.
And I'm just asking for a good story with proper development. If the mystery is lackluster and doesn't serve an actual point then there's no need for it.

Tylaen said:
Kruzy said:

A part from the misleading start, I've found that I enjoy the tension that the mystery provides.

Etc. That's probably the short version, though.

Except that it's been pretty obvious since the beginning of the mystery who the 7th is and it wasn't necessary to pay that much of attention.
Aug 26, 2015 5:43 PM

Apr 2015
Kruzy said:
Except that it's been pretty obvious since the beginning of the mystery who the 7th is and it wasn't necessary to pay that much of attention.

You know that "Why" and "How" are essential parts of a mystery, right?
Aug 26, 2015 5:46 PM

Jul 2013
Tylaen said:
Kruzy said:

You know that "Why" and "How" are essential parts of a mystery, right?

As essential as being actually mysterious and not plainly obvious. And the "Why" is revealed by the characters themselves when they realized that there was a fake amongst them.
Aug 26, 2015 5:54 PM

Apr 2015
Kruzy said:
As essential as being actually mysterious and not plainly obvious. And the "Why" is revealed by the characters themselves when they realized that there was a fake amongst them.

We'll see If you're right, then. That you find the mystery boring because you have a main suspect and possibly know why, but not how Is all dandy with me albeit I'm unable to see how that makes their current predicament worthless and have to be skipped.

Infact, you haven't given me anything on your opinion a part from that they should move on because it's not good enough for you. That the series hasn't even finished airing yet just makes this conversation harder.
Aug 26, 2015 6:01 PM

Jul 2013
Tylaen said:
Kruzy said:

We'll see If you're right, then. That you find the mystery boring because you have a main suspect and possibly know why, but not how Is all dandy with me albeit I'm unable to see how that makes their current predicament worthless and have to be skipped.

Infact, you haven't given me anything on your opinion a part from that they should move on because it's not good enough for you. That the series hasn't even finished airing yet just makes this conversation harder.

I don't just suspect that character, I was 100% sure of it before I looked it up.
It's worthless and has to be skipped because the anime doesn't have time to spend on that and even the novels could have spent the time better. It would have been a complete different thing if it was a 2 cour show.
Aug 26, 2015 6:03 PM

Apr 2015
Kruzy said:

I don't just suspect that character, I was 100% sure of it before I looked it up.
It's worthless and has to be skipped because the anime doesn't have time to spend on that and even the novels could have spent the time better. It would have been a complete different thing if it was a 2 cour show.

Yeah, you're just repeating yourself now.

See you at the end of the season Kruzy.
Aug 26, 2015 6:03 PM

May 2012
ichii_1 said:
Even if it is, it'll still be better than most anime ever made XD

is it joke? or sarcasm maybe?
sorry for my bad English
Aug 26, 2015 6:09 PM

Jul 2015
The industry will survive so long as people are willing to create and support.
Drop an anime recommendation on my page or inbox.
Aug 26, 2015 6:10 PM

Jul 2015
Also if it "dies" it will resurrect at some point, industry is too big to go away forever.
Drop an anime recommendation on my page or inbox.
Aug 26, 2015 6:13 PM

Jul 2013
Tylaen said:
Kruzy said:

That's what we've been doing the whole time and I hope I can survive the last 5 episodes.
Aug 26, 2015 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
Anime is still alive and well. All it needs is a few tweaks to fix the animators's conditions.
Aug 26, 2015 6:16 PM

Apr 2015
Kruzy said:
Tylaen said:

That's what we've been doing the whole time.

Thanks for that, by the way.
Aug 26, 2015 8:50 PM

Sep 2013
black1blade said:
ichii_1 said:

Only the butthurt haters use that excuse.
Ainz was not even among the strongest players in the game before he got send to another world.
He's a business man/gamer turned overlord, and overlord will be one of the best selling anime of the year.

Overlord is just so meh. I couldn't even be bothered to watch the latest episode so I dropped it.

Good, overlord doesn't need fake fans so you won't be missed.
Aug 26, 2015 9:33 PM

Sep 2014
You realize that the industry is dead when No Game No Life is considered a masterpiece
Aug 26, 2015 9:43 PM

Sep 2014
Godhood said:
SSSadistic said:
You realize that the industry is dead when No Game No Life is considered a masterpiece

ngnl was very entertaining and smart

it was full of cliches
Aug 26, 2015 9:44 PM

Jul 2012
Its more main-stream now. Out with the old fans in with the everyday people soon anime will just be another art form and it will have pages on IMDB and such and a site like this will seem pointless.
Aug 26, 2015 9:46 PM

Sep 2014
Coolspot said:
Its more main-stream now. Out with the old fans in with the everyday people soon anime will just be another art form and it will have pages on IMDB and such and a site like this will seem pointless.

shots fired
Aug 26, 2015 10:01 PM

Sep 2014
Godhood said:
SSSadistic said:

it was full of cliches

what cliches and why is that bad?

genius sociophobic siblings, the world full of shit that only those two can solve, some fucked up in the head shota entity, and a street magic..
something with incest pedo propaganda and sexism, you can't in the right state of mind to call it a masterpiece
Aug 26, 2015 10:04 PM

Dec 2014
I'm ready for the Platinum Age. We in dis bitch
Aug 26, 2015 11:38 PM
Mar 2014
Kruzy said:
The issue is that some studios/anime makers are afraid of trying something out of the box to bring something fresh and special to the medium. I would prefer shows like that over generic harem LN adaptation #569.

I can see where you're coming from, but again, I doubt that it takes a series that is so influential that it spawns copycats along the way to bring something "fresh and special" to the medium. A series can be subjectively great without really having any influence on the medium whatsoever, so it ultimately doesn't really matter whether or not it'll have the kind of historical value that you're apparently longing for.
Aug 27, 2015 12:28 AM

Jul 2011
Jerkhov said:
TerriccotaPie said:
a) A VN adaptation
b) Moe
c) Harem

Saya no Uta is a VN lol

Yes it is. Im not saying VN adaptations are bad by default, but 99% of recent ones are so bad.
Aug 27, 2015 12:41 AM

Apr 2013
TerriccotaPie said:
Jerkhov said:

Saya no Uta is a VN lol

Yes it is. Im not saying VN adaptations are bad by default, but 99% of recent ones are so bad.

Saya no Uta will be another Pupa like adaption.

It will be horrible.
Aug 27, 2015 12:50 AM
Mar 2014
Kruzy said:
Tylaen said:

omfgplzstop said:

XD

aka unnecessary elements. Venus Project is more unique because it's about idols fighting with VR mechas that are controlled with their singing. Doesn't mean that it introduces anything good that makes it worth remembering.

Abusing his powers would mean to take over the world in an instant which he could do with how powerful he is but naaah. Also Log Horizon's character have more personality and they explore the game a lot more than Overlord.

That's a stupid comeback. In other words "I've nothing to say so I'll try to get out of the discussion by mentioning enjoyment because I can't agree that a show I like has issues".

I'm sick of arguing for Rokka no Yuusha. You clearly don't understand the point of the show, nor do you understand what 'the guy asked for a unique show, not a good one' means.

Without going into spoilers, you're so wrong about Overlord.

I've already said what I've had to say about Shokugeki. The fact that you used 'lacks suspense' as a reason for why the show is bad and denied everything else I said for no reason just discourages me from arguing any more on this show's behalf as well.

and i am tired as fuck so yeah.
omfgplzstopAug 27, 2015 1:00 AM
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Aug 27, 2015 2:53 AM
Feb 2014
lol exceptionalism

once again, western anime "fans" proving they're not bright intellectuals after all
Aug 27, 2015 3:02 AM

Apr 2015
I don't understand why there is so much arguing on this topic. If you think all anime nowadays are generic piece of harem and moe shit then just stop watching and find some new hobby since "anime is just a waste of time now" or just watch the right anime. It's really that simple because the industry won't take your arguing into consideration and make shows that "suit" your taste.
Aug 27, 2015 3:34 AM
Feb 2014
CG-Silver said:
I don't understand why there is so much arguing on this topic. If you think all anime nowadays are generic piece of harem and moe shit then just stop watching and find some new hobby since "anime is just a waste of time now" or just watch the right anime. It's really that simple because the industry won't take your arguing into consideration and make shows that "suit" your taste.

Couldn't have been said better than this.

I love how on the "anime isn't meant to be for Western fans" thread more than half of the thread was trying to justify their misinformed opinions as if they were trying to completely prove the OP wrong under the guise of "their facts."
Aug 27, 2015 4:59 AM

Jul 2011
I don't know whether I think of a particular golden era when anime humanized our intellect,
or whether all the things I genuinely enjoy just conveniently happens to fall into a time frame revered as such.

I know I don't enjoy anime for the sake of anime though, but as a good story with interesting concepts and ideas to feed the mind and the creative urge. I'm sure it's still out there.

Don't think there's any kind of anime that could save 'the industry'; It's all capital and business after all, it's the consumer base that needs saving.
Aug 27, 2015 5:03 AM
Mar 2011
over all anime has made more money but each anime per head has made less profit since more anime has been made and produced if all of them make profit when they will make more money over all but less profit per head

Aug 27, 2015 5:18 AM

Feb 2013
dboy13 said:
the golden age of anime was when toonami in adult swim started to air back in the late 1990s to the early 2000s
indeed
Jalleia said:
As long as Cory in the House is the best anime around, we need not worry about the anime industry.
XD
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What Will It Take for You to Quit Anime?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

21 by ProGoddess »»
1 minute ago

» How did you get into anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Cudlyyy - Sep 28, 2023

112 by Mishiia »»
3 minutes ago

» Why do some people watch anime in 1.5x or 2x speed?

Rinrinka - 4 hours ago

24 by ProGoddess »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime you wished could be forgotten

ST63LTH - 6 hours ago

10 by EpicO4 »»
7 minutes ago

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6? ( 1 2 3 )

Akuya - May 1

112 by RainAndLava »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.