Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 23, 2015 1:57 PM

Jun 2013
So recently I got into a debate with several others about beer and how much one was willing to pay for it.

One of them said that he saw no reason to buy nicer beers and was perfectly fine with the cheaper stuff since he only drank it to get drunk.

The others said that they would be willing to pay more to drink beer that tasted better.

I was in the middle ground, if I was trying to get drunk then yeah I'll stick to Coor's or the like but if I'm drinking beer just to drink beer then I actually want to taste something good, not piss-water.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 24, 2015 6:57 PM

Oct 2011
Most I've paid for beer was a mead so I'm not even sure if that counts.

If I'm paying too much though, I'll just get whiskey.

Aug 25, 2015 9:58 AM

Jul 2013
I mostly only buy expensive beer. Actually, I do only buy expensive beer. >.> Most I've paid is $15 for a four pack. Most of the time I spend $11 for a six pack, though, and the least amount I spend is $9 for a six pack. I don't really like the taste of cheap beer, and they are so watered down that it takes multiple ones to get me tipsy. I normally buy ones that are 7%+ alc. The more expensive ones are 9%+, but they are also my favorite. :) I get the benefits of the alcohol, AND most imporantly, I get to enjoy the taste. Buuutttt... it does cost more money. >.>
Aug 25, 2015 10:48 AM

Jun 2013
vokisa said:
I mostly only buy expensive beer. Actually, I do only buy expensive beer. >.> Most I've paid is $15 for a four pack. Most of the time I spend $11 for a six pack, though, and the least amount I spend is $9 for a six pack. I don't really like the taste of cheap beer, and they are so watered down that it takes multiple ones to get me tipsy. I normally buy ones that are 7%+ alc. The more expensive ones are 9%+, but they are also my favorite. :) I get the benefits of the alcohol, AND most imporantly, I get to enjoy the taste. Buuutttt... it does cost more money. >.>

I like drinking Corona and Shiner Bock so I usually spend $8-$12 for a 6 pack.

A lot of the times though I'll go to an ale house and spend a lot more though.
Sep 11, 2015 2:05 AM

Jul 2014
I drink beer for the taste and not to get drunk, so of course I go for pricier beers. Especially when I go out.
Though I also buy cheap, light beers for my everyday needs.
Oct 4, 2015 2:33 PM

Sep 2013
I don't drink a lot of beer, but when I drink it, I want the best quality I can get. I have paid as much as US$12 or so for a single bottle, but that was in Utah where punitive state taxes make full strength beer more expensive than it should be. Even quality beer is cheap compared to wine, which is my usual drink of choice. I have paid as much as US$300 for a bottle of wine.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
May 17, 2019 9:32 PM

Jun 2016
I went to a concert a few days ago and beer was $7.50! Fuckin ridiculous! I did get a free beer from fellow concert goers though so that was cool! (even though I couldn't bring it in with me unfortunately)
May 22, 2019 10:51 AM

Jul 2013
I've paid $25 for a bottle of Game of Thrones beer. Lol
Jun 18, 2019 7:47 AM
May 2009
I tend to avoid anything from the tap. And just order a bottle of something not common.
In most cases it will be cheaper and the quality is usually there unlike the popular stuff.
Jul 2, 2019 4:09 PM

Jun 2015
I only drink craft from microbrwies, n its mostly stout or gingerale or well.... I mean I dont drinki normal beer, dislike its taste
Jul 13, 2019 4:08 PM

Jun 2016
If I'm paying anything over $5 for a beer I'm having a minor anxiety attack.

I was out last night and they had Tecate for $4. That's more my price.
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Aug 14, 2019 2:43 PM

Aug 2018
If I'm still sober and sane I'll buy cheap beer for economic reasons... however when I'm drunk I always tend to spend a stupid amount of money on some stupid shit. Like paying 60$ for 20 shots, when you can literally get a bottle for about 20$ ΰ²₯_ΰ²₯
Nov 27, 2019 2:09 PM

Aug 2018
I always buy the cheapest stuff. The only exception is maybe one fancy beer to start the night off with
Sep 23, 2022 10:36 PM
Jul 2022
My personal limit is 2.5 dolllars per glass, can or bottle if its higher than that I would rather spend it in a cocktail or another bottle of booze

I live in Mexico so beer is mostly cheap at around 1 dollar per can (2022), however it is very common to see the same brands go up in price when its sold in concerts or stadiums, the highest I´ve seen was $15 dollars for 2 cans of the same cheap beer you find in a gas station
Dec 8, 2022 8:49 AM

Aug 2018
I understand that everyone has their reasons when it comes to the choice of beers. I generally don't care about price that much but I have that weird hobby where I compare everything from different pricings etc. and it's not different with beers.

But for some reason after trying most products I automatically gravitate to the cheapest ones and then try to find out the best cheap beer and try to rank them into the list of higher quality beers just to see if it's actually worth paying more.

You can call me the Cheapest Connaisseur.

So yeah I'm absolutely for cheap beers as long as they deliver more than that beer for almost 1€ that tastes like nothing ong.
And tho I like cheaper beers more because of the price to taste ratio... My favorite beer is a russian brand called "Baltika" and they have a whole line-up of different beers from light to dark to strong beers..
And all of them are flippin' solid not gonna lie. They cost more than the average german beer here (in germany) BUT it does deliver. So I can't complain.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Drunk selfies

Voki - May 10, 2015

24 by Dnisify »»
Dec 8, 2022 4:17 PM

» Drunk posting

Voki - May 3, 2015

48 by Dnisify »»
Dec 8, 2022 4:09 PM

» Favorite anime to watch while drinking?

Kled11 - Nov 27, 2019

6 by sk8head »»
Dec 15, 2021 9:01 PM

» Best Bottom Shelf Liquors

AngryCactus - Apr 8, 2019

1 by Alcoholicide »»
May 26, 2020 7:53 AM

» What hangover cures do you use at morning?

mara_ - Dec 25, 2015

16 by Alcoholicide »»
May 26, 2020 7:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.