Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 27, 2014 6:35 PM

Jun 2012
i got to say it is a pretty decent ending i did like it better then season 1 only in the end it was a bit stupid tat the fallen angel could be defeated so easy because some holy milk got on him that was just stupid.

i am happy everybody is back again and wonder what the next season will bring us one thing is for sure this season did get better then i expected it would be it had its echi moment it had good actions in it. it had exactly what i was missing in season 1 only it got there half way in the season not in beginning. the art was pretty good it had good characters aside the oversized boobs.

in the end they showed it pretty nice how Aldra's body grew and i am hoping she will be there next season her new look seemed nice and she seemed interesting maybe a season about them going to find her sister??
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
May 20, 2014 8:24 PM

Apr 2011
Somehow or another, a rewatch after over four years has given me a greater appreciation for this show.

Yeah.
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."
Sep 23, 2014 2:59 AM
May 2013
The ending was so anticlimactic .
I hope we get to see Aldra's sister .
I expected that angel to be a handsome guy not a bunch of darkness .
Oct 28, 2014 10:58 AM

May 2012
Pretty damn awesome ending if you ask me! This second season sure is way better than the first one, the action and the development of each episode combined with a not too over the top fan service like in the first season was pretty damn good! All in all a very good second season so let's see what the third season will offer us!
Jul 25, 2015 12:23 AM

Sep 2012
Great season. The memories hit me hard. Just as great as I remember the series. First anime to watch and first that I have completed. Time to watch Queen's Blade Rebellion.
Aug 6, 2015 6:01 PM
Jun 2013
+ animation
+ story (didn't expect a solid story, as the first season was mediocre at best)
+ comedy parts
+ fanservice
+ feels
+ soundtrack
+ absolute improvement to s1

- fanservice (just a tad too much, better than in s1 but still too much)
- too much of a happy ending for me (it's an adult series. Very few people actually died here, all get banished or turned to stone and in the end, everyone survives... not my cup of tea)

All in all it was a pretty good second season. Improved most of the flaws of season 1 and got a great mixture of action, comedy, suspense and the occasional boob flashing.

I'd go for a 7/10 but the soundtrack kicks it up a notch to a 8/10. Best ending theme since cowboy bebop and NHK.

Still, I think many people ignore this anime, because the first episodes of the first season are laughable at best. Congratulations to everyone that watched until here for discovering a good anime!
Feb 9, 2017 1:54 PM

Apr 2013
So I have to say this season started off better than the last one, in the end I have to give it the same score though. The music was really great this time though. 7/10
Jun 8, 2019 4:14 PM

Nov 2016
Way better than expected overall. Had likeable and determined characters, a focussed story( yeah, despite tons of fanservice), kickass fights and emotions. Nice.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 20, 2019 9:46 PM
Dec 2017
I was very hesitant about continuing watching the series after the 1st season. I'm glad I took the plunge and drove on in. Season 2 was way better than the 1st. Queen's blade is a really enjoyable series to watch. Now on to Beautiful Warriors then Rebellion. Score 7/10.
Jun 27, 2019 11:16 PM

May 2014
I found the last ep. a bit rushed. The fight with the queen vs. Reina should have been a bit longer. The rest of the ep. was well done. Interesting fights overall, nothing special to brag about tbh. The animation was superb (which I think was the highlight of this anime). The OSTs was meh. So a fair 5/9 imo.
Feb 12, 2020 3:19 PM

Nov 2013
That's just unfair.
Nanael interrupted the fight and unpetrified Reina, so the result is not legit.
Aug 6, 2021 10:52 AM

Feb 2020
Airi is back! ^^ I'm so happy.

The ending was a little rushed, but otherwise a solid finale.

Overall, this was as great as the first season.

Nanael, Ymir, and Airi are the best girls.

SerafosDec 13, 2023 10:37 AM
Aug 8, 2021 8:00 PM
Apr 2019
Fun show, but I kinda wanted Aldra to die at the end 6/10
Jun 19, 2022 10:54 PM

Jul 2016
Rushed conclusion is rushed. Not to mention the whole deal with Leina being able to use others' techniques was stupid af.

Overall, better sense of story progression but still as awful as S1.
Aug 25, 2022 10:51 PM

Mar 2016
Nice episode. :) 10-10
Feb 10, 12:32 AM

Dec 2022
pure good feelings man every story wrapped up as it should it all felt damn good and the comic relief was just right yup it was a good finale
and hooOOO boy Aldra got a glow up hope she's gonna be okay and judging by that epilogue the dirty girls are gonna keep it up
gonna miss those god tier EDs from this season so bad
Feb 24, 12:02 AM
Dec 2021
great anime!! lebesgu!
Mar 3, 5:11 PM

Jan 2020
What a way to ruin Akira Ishida.

His presence just re-affirms how stacked of talent this anime was when it came to Voice Acting.
They really spared no expense.

Which is why it is sad how much they rushed over areas.
Especially the plot and characters.

Focus on more than 10 girls already limits what they could've done immensely, which makes me question their choices for screen-time.

• What was the purpose of Leina's father going against the Queen it did absolutely nothing for the plot. Elina disappearing also came out of nowhere and wasted time.
  • Did we really need to see Nynx that often, even after she was eliminated?
  • Didn't we get more than enough scenes of Ymir ripping off people (which makes her come of as hypocrite) and especially that little boy?

Why was so much time devoted to him?
They know their audience wants to see skimpy glad woman fight, but they give so much of their precious screen time to this boring kid.

Now this brings us to the absurdest decision.
Killing Shizuka. In the end it served absolutely no purpose.
Sure, Tomoe became ruthless and still lost to Leina. Nothing would have changed, if she just lost. Because she doesn't do anything that affected the plot afterwards.
She is just there.
Why focus so much on that scene and build-up such an emotional climax to Shizuka's death if there is absolutely no pay-off?
And no her ghost appearing to save Leina isn't pay off. It comes completely out of nowhere and could've been done with basically everything else.

They could've also cut down the number of participants to reserve more time for the more important fighters. Elina and Jynx are the easiest cuts to make since they don't contribute anything and weren't even important in the prior season. Well aside from fetish fuel, but they didn't need to be fighters for that.

All that is to say that they had more time, but chose to devote it on questionable things.
What really could've need more time is Leina's character. She goes from fighting others to carry on their feelings off-screen if I remember correctly.
Queen Aldra could also have needed a bit more resolution, then being unceremoniously tossed aside and growing her boobs while unconscious.
Finally there is the Fallen Angel, who goes down like a total wimp.
Which is such a shame, since it could've given everyone the time to shine.

Closing out plot, I just wanted to mention that there are many headscratchers in this anime. Like why Albra imprisoning Leina is considered inhuman, whereas summoning little demons, or lightning, or shrugging off lava is not?
But let's be honest the writers didn't care about this so let's move on.

Another complaint I have is how despite this series' entire premise being the battles, they weren't all that great. Especially, the last three just revolved around Leina being saved by Deus Ex Machina every single time. The last time literally by a god-like being (an angel).

The power progression is also questionable. In season 1 Leina is constantly a push-over. She trains for 2 days and becomes incredibly powerful. Then in season 2 she struggles with fighters she shouldn't before challenging Tomoe and beating her. Then struggles again with Risty, which she shouldn't and finally she becomes even more powerful against the queen.

Having an understanding of how strong the characters are and keeping it consistent is very important in series that is focused on battles.

Really I was a bit disappointed with the series following Tomoe's defeat. This could have been an underrated gem, but turned out rather rushed and unsatisfying in the end. Not awful, but not good either.
No Blood. No Bone. No Ash.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Queen's Blade: Gyokuza wo Tsugu Mono Episode 10 Discussion

francismeunier - Nov 26, 2009

29 by Sasutaschi »»
Mar 3, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Queen's Blade: Gyokuza wo Tsugu Mono Episode 11 Discussion

argilium - Dec 3, 2009

25 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 10, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Queen's Blade: Gyokuza wo Tsugu Mono Episode 9 Discussion

francismeunier - Nov 19, 2009

25 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 9, 12:06 AM

Poll: » Queen's Blade: Gyokuza wo Tsugu Mono Episode 8 Discussion

francismeunier - Nov 12, 2009

38 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 8, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Queen's Blade: Gyokuza wo Tsugu Mono Episode 7 Discussion

francismeunier - Nov 5, 2009

37 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 7, 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.