Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 9, 2009 11:53 AM
Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

This episode was quite hectic and fast paced, with a few cuts here and there. They at least touched up on the most important bits, but I know some are gonna be disappointed with this episode.
HaiShangDec 9, 2009 12:01 PM
Dec 9, 2009 11:54 AM

Jun 2007
I wouldn't call that drunk.
Dec 9, 2009 11:57 AM
Mar 2009
^Edited for less confusion.
HaiShangDec 9, 2009 12:02 PM
Dec 9, 2009 11:58 AM

Apr 2008
any links to RAW? >_>
Dec 9, 2009 11:59 AM
Mar 2009
Darklight0303 said:
any links to RAW? >_>

http://himado.in/11408
Dec 9, 2009 12:02 PM

Apr 2008
Thank you ^_^ *goes to watch*

Rushed like heck. Cut out a good chunk of the Metaworld scene as well as the switch between Meta Beato and piece Beato.

Of course Goat-kun got cut completely.
Again no Miragecoordinator =_=

On the plus side. The deaths were freakin brutal and intense as they should have been.

the bit of dialog cut out from the Battler Denial scene I believe had quite the clue to why Battler could not say he was born from Asumu. another bad move Deen

Also NOW everyone sees you CANNOT lie with the RED TEXT
Darklight0303Dec 9, 2009 12:53 PM
Dec 9, 2009 12:31 PM

Jun 2007
But now people will question Battler's sin since it wasn't said in red.
Dec 9, 2009 12:32 PM
Mar 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Also NOW everyone sees you CANNOT lie with the RED TEXT

I wouldn't be surprised if people still didn't believe in it.
Dec 9, 2009 12:33 PM

Apr 2008
MarthX said:

Crap! that's a very good point. CURSE YOU DEEN!!
Dec 9, 2009 12:35 PM

Jun 2008
This episode was pretty bad. And it's not just because of cutting Goat-kun and Krauss' Crowning Moment of Awesome. I knew they'd cut that. It's the part at the end that completely ruined the episode.

Them being able to escape from the dungeon that easily was silly. Seeing Kanon smile was creepy. Having a laser sword sure is useful. The Siestas and Moegilia hardly got any screentime ;_;

I really liked the new music they used for the fight scene. I wish Gaap had a better troll face. I was laughing so hard when George and Jessica killed each other. That part was always funny to me.

Jessica sounded totally insane during that phonecall. She sounded like she was having an asthma attack. It makes me wonder if she really did have an asthma attack and then someone came and destroyed her head. The others dying was pretty funny. The way Nanjo was running was hilarious.

Kyrie escaping is suspicious~ Didn't she die in a different room in the VN? And wasn't she supposedly being shot at by the Siestas? That's the thing that made me sure she was just lying.

I almost liked crazy Maria this time. I'm so glad that they kept some of Beato's engrish. CONGRATULATIOOONS~

Why did they cut out Battler finding George's body? It looks like Beato really is just Beato and not Shannon or Jessica. Good.

And now we get to the really poorly done part. Beato was supposed to be unusually calm at the part when she's asking him about his sin but she's yelling instead. And they completely skip over Battler talking about his family problems AGAIN. I thought for sure they'd keep it here since they never mentioned it before. And now the worst part of all, she didn't say that he had a sin and that he's one of the causes of the tragedy in red. That makes that whole part completely pointless. What were they thinking? And then they cut out the talk between Dress Beato and Suit Beato. I always thought that scene was important. Dress Beato was supposed to burn Kinzo. (at least him burning was funny but I think they spent too much time on that part)

I had forgotten about her turning Gaap to glass. I guess that means Gaap's vessel really is an object and not a person but I'm still not completely convinced of that yet. Maybe she is Maria's rose. Ange just standing there with a blank expression when she knew Beato was trying to erase Battler was stupid. The way Battler disppeared didn't look any different than usual so it's hard to tell that he erased himself. And Ange hardly reacted to it.

The very last bit was nice. Maria looked really cute. Poor Beato ;_;

I'm not really looking forward to the next episode since it has one my least favorite parts in all of Umineko and I was hoping they'd shorten it but it looks like they will spend a lot of time on it. I just hope the last episode isn't done as poorly as this one.
Dec 9, 2009 12:37 PM

Oct 2008
As it has been said before : rushed as hell episode. DEEN cut Krauss counter and Goat-kun as well as Beato and Gaap high five among many other things.
Well at least the anime-only viewers are now aware that Battler isn't Asumu's son.
Dec 9, 2009 12:41 PM

Apr 2008
hirahira said:
I guess that means Gaap's vessel really is an object and not a person but I'm still not completely convinced of that yet. Maybe she is Maria's rose./quote]

Hmmm that would make sense @,@

hirahira said:
The very last bit was nice. Maria looked really cute. Poor Beato ;_;

Yeah her sad face got me in the novel and I have to say that at least in that the anime didn't let me down ;_;
Dec 9, 2009 12:46 PM

Oct 2008
hirahira said:
she didn't say that he had a sin and that he's one of the causes of the tragedy in red.

Seriously? Goddammit DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!
Dec 9, 2009 12:49 PM

Dec 2008
This was a really bad job on DEEN's part,(Especially the scene with Ange) at least Kyrie's phone call was left in, but still weakest episode so far.
Dec 9, 2009 12:56 PM
Mar 2009
Hopefully some anime viewers can look past the whole not saying Battler having a sin in red thing and believe what she says.

Dec 9, 2009 1:00 PM

Apr 2008
PsychFreak said:
Hopefully some anime viewers can look past the whole not saying Battler having a sin in red thing and believe what she says.

wouldn't hold my breath on that sadly >_> people are looking for ways to show the red ain't necessarily the truth after all >_>

Another thing they cut out was Beato's slightly mad ramblings about her not minding to become Battler's possession once he would become head >_>
Guess that would be too much forshadowing >_> yeah right.
Dec 9, 2009 1:06 PM

Jun 2008
Since embracingthesky's videos have been taken down I hope a VN player puts "The Cause of the Tragedy" on youtube so the anime-only people can see it.
Dec 9, 2009 1:15 PM

Apr 2008
Youtube strikes again =_= sheesh. It might take a while sadly
Dec 9, 2009 1:56 PM

Jun 2007
YouTube is dumb.

07th Expansion allows the fans to do whatever they want with their properties. They sure a hell wouldn't care about people posting videos of it on YouTube. I wonder if people are reporting it and YouTube is taking them down without knowing better, because they're paranoid of lawsuits.
Dec 9, 2009 2:03 PM

Apr 2008
LOL no one rated this episode with a 5 yet. not that it even deserves it =_=
Dec 9, 2009 2:04 PM

Jun 2007
I get the feeling this is going to be one of the episodes where the VN fans hate it and people who haven't read the VN will love it.
Dec 9, 2009 2:11 PM

Apr 2008
probably. though they might be dissapointed at the sudden ending of the fight for George and Jessica so that alone might drop the mark
Darklight0303Dec 9, 2009 2:14 PM
Dec 9, 2009 3:16 PM

Jul 2008
MarthX said:

Was it red in the VN?
Dec 9, 2009 3:25 PM

Jun 2007
GarLogan78 said:
MarthX said:

Was it red in the VN?

The sin I am now demanding that you remember is not between Ushiromiya Battler and Beatrice.
Ushiromiya Battler has a sin.
Because of your sin, people die.
Due to your sin, a great many humans on this island die.
No one escapes, all die.
Dec 9, 2009 5:05 PM

Jul 2008
MarthX said:
GarLogan78 said:
MarthX said:

Was it red in the VN?

The sin I am now demanding that you remember is not between Ushiromiya Battler and Beatrice.
No one escapes, all die.

Thanks, I had forgotten.

Also, my question now is are they going to end this anime like the VN? Or come up with some sort of anime-original ending that would give the plot closure if there was never a season two?
Dec 9, 2009 5:09 PM
Mar 2009
GarLogan78 said:
MarthX said:
GarLogan78 said:
MarthX said:

Was it red in the VN?

No one escapes, all die.

Thanks, I had forgotten.

Also, my question now is are they going to end this anime like the VN? Or come up with some sort of anime-original ending that would give the plot closure if there was never a season two?

I doubt they'll do that, they've been adapting the source material faithfully so far, and they're still holding out whether they'll animate Chiru or not.
Dec 9, 2009 5:39 PM

Jul 2009
well, that was another twist i didnt quite see it coming. though that Battler actually has something to do with the murders (not directly) isnt really surprising, taking the fact that he always survives until the very last, there has to be a reason for that no matter how the author would like to explain it~

hirahira said:
Why did they cut out Battler finding George's body? It looks like Beato really is just Beato and not Shannon or Jessica. Good.
I dont see why. I actually thought the other way around (due to the too obvious resemblance of beatrice's uniform and certain someone else's)

so...so far none of the dead has his corpse found by battler except for gohda and kumosawa (well, no surprise they are going to die lol~) and a certain someone is talking to battler on a balkon who battler cannot recognize at the time....so conclusion:
everyone who called battler knows more than he did but wont tell him. The fact that Battler is part of the reason to these murders, can be taken into account as well as what those phone calls are trying to pursuance him to do:
(pure speculation) the sin battler made 6 years ago was because he didnt believe somebody's witch story...

anyway, suspiciously acting persons this time around:
Kyrie, Jessica, Krauss, Shanon, Kanon, Nanjo, and rest not sure (Rosa, Genji, Maria, Kinzo)
staying on the innocent side are still:
Eva, Hideyoshi, George, Natsuhi, Rudolf, Battler, Gohda, kumosawa,

yeah, Jessica and Krauss went right from innocent to suspicious for me in this ep~
Dec 9, 2009 5:43 PM

Dec 2008
PsychFreak said:
GarLogan78 said:
MarthX said:
GarLogan78 said:
MarthX said:

Was it red in the VN?

No one escapes, all die.

Thanks, I had forgotten.

I doubt they'll do that, they've been adapting the source material faithfully so far, and they're still holding out whether they'll animate Chiru or not.

I'm kind of iffy on them animating Chiru, DVD sales haven't been so hot for Umi lately.
Dec 9, 2009 5:58 PM

Jun 2008
vinesage said:

hirahira said:
I dont see why. I actually thought the other way around (due to the too obvious resemblance of beatrice's uniform and certain someone else's)

In the VN, Battler said her face looked like the woman in the portrait and that he didn't recognize her voice. I don't know if Jessica could really change her voice that much and she would have had to change her hairstyle too. And in the VN, Beatrice threw down her umbrella. I don't think that someone would do that if they were trying to pretend to be someone else. I guess I just don't want Beato to be Jessica.

I'm still suspicous of Jessica though. I don't think she's a murderer or anything like that but she's probably a liar. I think she's just following her dad's orders.

Kyrie is the most suspicious this arc.
Dec 9, 2009 6:25 PM

Dec 2009
Why do I see a "This episode was rushed" comment on every single episode discussion when it's not?
Dec 9, 2009 6:42 PM

Jun 2007
Because it always is to some degree.
Dec 9, 2009 7:20 PM
Mar 2008
Lemonpie said:
I'm kind of iffy on them animating Chiru, DVD sales haven't been so hot for Umi lately.

At this point I'm expecting -- or hoping -- that Hidden God does well enough sales-wise and AIC adopts the franchise whenever Ryukishi07 decides to finish it. Really it's sad to see a work from a bankable talent flop this hard. Did the 2nd volume even rank on Oricon? Sales generally don't improve for latter volumes.
Dec 9, 2009 7:32 PM

Dec 2008
PlatinumHawke said:
Lemonpie said:

At this point I'm expecting -- or hoping -- that Hidden God does well enough sales-wise and AIC adopts the franchise whenever Ryukishi07 decides to finish it. Really it's sad to see a work from a bankable talent flop this hard. Did the 2nd volume even rank on Oricon? Sales generally don't improve for latter volumes.

The numbers only show 600 in sales so far. That's the only information i'm finding.

See AIC hasn't done any significant outstanding anime before, we can't really give them a shot until we see how they handle Ookami Kakushi.
Dec 9, 2009 7:46 PM
Mar 2008
Lemonpie said:
See AIC hasn't done any significant outstanding anime before, we can't really give them a shot until we see how they handle Ookami Kakushi.

AIC used to be a fairly big player in the 90s and right now in the middle of a bit of resurgence. Not an outstanding, but fairly consistant and capable of pulling in better budgets. That and they aren't notoriously cheap and lazy like Studio DEEN historically is.

Regardless, as long as the root of the problem -- a certain Chiaki Kon -- doesn't follow Chiru to whoever might animated, I don't care which studio animates it.

/pointlesscommentary
Dec 10, 2009 12:36 AM

Sep 2008
Uuuuuuuu~
Beatrice looks sad; I want to just give her a big hug. Dumb Battler, not living up to expectations.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2009 12:51 AM

Feb 2008
So Asumu is not Battler's real mother, and Battler has certainly committed a sin in the past all evidenced by the red truth. Why the anime chose to not use the red truth for Beatrice is something that is a mystery.

The question then becomes. Who is Battler's mother? Something so crucial can not be without relevance in the greater scheme of things.

Looking back on things now, in episode 1, is THAT what Rudolph was going to tell Battler?
seraphjeiDec 10, 2009 12:56 AM
Dec 10, 2009 1:10 AM

Oct 2008
seraphjei said:
So Asumu is not Battler's real mother, and Battler has certainly committed a sin in the past all evidenced by the red truth. Why the anime chose to not use the red truth for Beatrice is something that is a mystery.

The question then becomes. Who is Battler's mother? Something so crucial can not be without relevance in the greater scheme of things.

seraphjei said:
Looking back on things now, in episode 1, is THAT what Rudolph was going to tell Battler?

Probably, yes.
Dec 10, 2009 1:18 AM

Feb 2008
dioptase said:
seraphjei said:

Dec 10, 2009 1:29 AM

Oct 2008
seraphjei said:

Dec 10, 2009 2:41 AM

Apr 2008
dioptase said:
seraphjei said:

Darklight0303Dec 10, 2009 3:00 AM
Dec 10, 2009 2:56 AM

Oct 2009
Ok so this episode was the most graphical if I am not mistaken other than the DVD versions. I was impressed a lot with Bruce Lee George and fist fighter Jessica (just personal nicknames) until Gaap's cheap trick and how did she also do the same to Jessica to have a coincidence like that. Is Ronove trying to show kindness to Jessica by giving her that three minutes so she can convince Battler about a truth? I am wondering why Ronove and not someone else....Also what is up with Kinzo saying that Maria passing the test without saying how nor why. It would have been a fun end if Beatrice would have died when Battler proposed the letter name to be Beatrice as the person he loves the most. So people have been talking about this Sin and since the red truth....is not allowing Battler to say Asumu Ushiromiya...I am going with Kyrie and switch theory or that Battler was adopted with Ange but that would make no sense (maybe since Beatrice says he is not a Kinzo grandchild). Well, this was nice since I am a fan of Bernkastel and Lambdadelta but why none of them did something yet to stop Beatrice of not giving up the game? I though Bernkastel would help Ange somehow..... Also the cruel stuff was far worse shown than in 11 eyes so far but I have yet to see the DVD versions of that show.....just a big O_O with :O
The siestas were also cruel as usual. I also forgot to mention how Virgiliia was cute here when she got angry
anyone else finds her cute like that? For moment I do but other times no. I also liked the animation sequence here..anyone else even if it was short

Darklight0303 said:
dioptase said:
seraphjei said:

Interesting debate but what about the adoption possibility?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 10, 2009 3:06 AM

Apr 2008
Adoption is out of the question. I can tell you why but I don't think it's worth it since it may happen next ep.

Also I HATE THAT THEY TOOK OUT GAAP'S VICTORY BRAND ON GEORGE. FUCK'S SAKE STABBING ONE OF THE STILETTO HEELS IN GEORGE'S FOREHEAD WOULD BE TAME COMPARED TO THE GORE THEY SHOWED THIS EP
Darklight0303Dec 10, 2009 3:10 AM
Dec 10, 2009 3:14 AM

Oct 2008
francismeunier said:

It will be explained next episode (haven't read EP4 in a long time)
dioptaseDec 10, 2009 3:24 AM
Dec 10, 2009 3:15 AM

Apr 2008
dioptase said:
francismeunier said:

It will be explained next episode (haven't read EP4 in a long time)
******************SPOILER**************

I would spoiler tag that if I were you >_>
Dec 10, 2009 3:21 AM

Oct 2009
dioptase said:
francismeunier said:

Really so Beatrice is wrong about Battler not being Kinzo's grandchild?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 10, 2009 3:25 AM

Apr 2008
francismeunier said:
dioptase said:
francismeunier said:

Really so Beatrice is wrong about Battler not being Kinzo's grandchild?

Darklight0303Dec 10, 2009 3:29 AM
Dec 10, 2009 4:53 AM

Dec 2007
If it wasn't for there being so few episodes left and my general inability to drop most series this one gets so close to my list. Most disappointing episode since the episode 3 finale.

Notable things missing (no need for spoilers since if it wasn't in this one it's on the cutting room floor.)
1) Krouss vs. Goat-kun.
2) Goat chase.
3) kyrie key hole.
4) Beatrice's red sin.
5) Comic relief Virgil.
6) Explanation for gapgapgapgapgap.
7) Gap's teleporting kick.
8) Heel in the face.
9) Sexy masochist Beatrice.

It's understandable that a few of those were cut but by the sheer volume it takes away almost all excitement for the finale. We could have easily gotten another episode out of this, not to mention that a few of these things could have taken mere seconds if just animated.

All in all i can't wait for episode 5 too finish translation so I can forget all about this anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2009 5:28 AM

Feb 2009
francismeunier said:
Ok so this episode was the most graphical if I am not mistaken other than the DVD versions. I was impressed a lot with Bruce Lee George and fist fighter Jessica (just personal nicknames) until Gaap's cheap trick and how did she also do the same to Jessica to have a coincidence like that.

Yeah indeed it was realy graphical.
And just how bad Jessica and George were screwed :X
francismeunier said:

anyone else finds her cute like that? For moment I do but other times no.

Yeah she was realy cute!

"Gapgapgapgapgapgapgap!!" ROFL

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Dec 10, 2009 5:36 AM

Dec 2009
Well, the episode wasn't that bad, though i wonder why Battler isn't son of his "mother" :|
I hope that in the 2 remaining episodes anime will turn awesome :D
Dec 10, 2009 6:15 AM

Jan 2009
it's in bullet train speed

The jailbreak scene is heavily cutted. No Krauss VS Goat-kun or Kanon-Shannon combination against 410-45. Deeply dissapointed for DEEN.

The tea party is the climax, i didn't hope much but. DEEN has dissapoint me, a lot.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.