Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 9, 2015 6:08 AM

May 2015
I started watching World Trigger about two weeks ago, and it totally caught my attention since the first episode. It had all the elements I wanted mostly, a cast of both strong male and female characters, backstory for most characters, weak main character (not overpowered or stereotyped), and a decent plot for a shounen. Even if the animation is honestly crap and the development is very slow, the action doesn't really disappoint me.
The thing I noticed is that even though this show has a lot of potential, it's highly unpopular unlike other shows like Owari No Seraph etc. I have only seen 18 episodes of it, but I can give it a solid 9 in a review especially because it's not a overly stereotyped shounen.
Once again, Toei literally sucks, probably even DEEN would have handled the show better (kidding lol), but I'm glad they didn't screw up the series with fillers. Does anyone agree? Another thing about the animation, this is one of the worst shows I have seen for its animation. But there are other popular shows like JJBA that have a horrible animation too, yet they don't get disliked for it. Isn't this hella unfair?
TohyaHachijoJul 9, 2015 6:11 AM
Jul 9, 2015 12:07 PM

Oct 2010
TohyaHachijo said:
But there are other popular shows like JJBA that have a horrible animation too,

are you serious? or did you mean the old OVA/movie?
Jul 9, 2015 12:49 PM

May 2015
Crimson_V said:
TohyaHachijo said:
But there are other popular shows like JJBA that have a horrible animation too,

I mean Stardust Crusaders, seriously, look at the animation. The first two arcs were decent but since SA the animation went really bad. People don't complain about it yet they complaing about WT having bad animation.
Jul 9, 2015 3:56 PM

Sep 2011
TohyaHachijo said:
Crimson_V said:

I mean Stardust Crusaders, seriously, look at the animation. The first two arcs were decent but since SA the animation went really bad. People don't complain about it yet they complaing about WT having bad animation.
What eyes are you using, jojo 2012 was all still frames and quality, stardust crusaders had actual movement

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 10, 2015 2:31 AM

May 2015
NotJizzyHitler said:
TohyaHachijo said:
What eyes are you using, jojo 2012 was all still frames and quality, stardust crusaders had actual movement
Probably because I saw the Blue-Ray version of 2012 lol. Even if it was actual movement, gosh people get very butthurt when it comes to say how badly animated a popular anime is, I've read the manga and I disliked totally how David Production handled it. Are we even talking about World Trigger or are we going to talk about how butthurt one is because David Production animation is bad?
TohyaHachijoJul 10, 2015 2:54 AM
Jul 10, 2015 2:12 PM
Feb 2015
Manga wise, I believe WT sells more than Owari no seraph.
Jul 12, 2015 9:26 AM

Jun 2012
I think a lot of people dropped it due to the slow pace on the first episodes and i mean serious slow pace when the characters would stay still for seconds that you would have to check if the video was paused or not( When that happens multiple times there is something wrong with the animation).

Either way im enjoying and WT is slowly becoming one of my all time favourite animes, i will def check the manga once the anime ends.

On other matters are you crazy Tohya Hachijo? Jojo 2012 has a better animation compared to some of the anime out there...
Jul 12, 2015 10:04 AM

May 2015
f4b10 said:
I think a lot of people dropped it due to the slow pace on the first episodes and i mean serious slow pace when the characters would stay still for seconds that you would have to check if the video was paused or not( When that happens multiple times there is something wrong with the animation).

Either way im enjoying and WT is slowly becoming one of my all time favourite animes, i will def check the manga once the anime ends.

On other matters are you crazy Tohya Hachijo? Jojo 2012 has a better animation compared to some of the anime out there...
I heard the reason why JJBA animation isn't as good as manga's is that they have a limited budget while Toei is being an asshole and not even correcting a single frame to save budget when they actually have more than enough. They're treating the show like children's crap. Even if characters don't often die or there isn't blood and it's aired in the morning it doesn't freaking mean they must treat it like this.
Jul 13, 2015 11:10 AM

Sep 2013
Children don't care about animation as much, so why waste the budget with normal scenes? atleast they do the action scenes justice.
The 5 minute intro thou XD

It is popular in Japan, not mainstream but still popular.
Jul 13, 2015 11:51 AM
Jul 2015
memes
I'm a shitty troll, don't mind me.

Not changing this sig until Gedata-senpai notices me and Death Grips releases Bottomless Pit.
Jul 19, 2015 2:49 PM

Jun 2014
It seems unpopular from the discussions I've had about it on myanimelist, but I do believe some of the hate this show gets is severly pushing it. WT is NOT perfect by any means, but the anime isn't that bad.
Jul 19, 2015 3:13 PM

Jun 2014
I don't know. At first I was really thrown aback with the neighbor's designs, and the art in general. But after I gave it a shot, I can say that it is not as bad as people claim it is. For example the last arc, was really long and was the best so far of the anime and manga. It is very popular in Japan, and IMO it deserves a little bit more respect, than it's getting.
Jul 20, 2015 6:50 AM

Jan 2014
Technically its Mahouka KNR with slow pace and explained well with short clip at the end of episode.

Trigger (CAD)
Trion (Psion)
Black Trigger (Strategic Class)

Well it have plus and minus, but I enjoy it.
Binge Watching highly suggested.
Jul 22, 2015 8:23 AM

Sep 2013
LOL it's popular as hell if it's getting this type of treatment XD

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1408462
Jul 28, 2015 6:06 PM

Jun 2012
TohyaHachijo said:
but I can give it a solid 9 in a review especially because it's not a overly stereotyped shounen.

First, "not being a overly stereotyped shounen." is not a reason to give a solid 9 to an anime. The reason for the unpopularity it's probably pretty much what you told, I'm not seeing why you are even asking that when you know the answer. It has terrible animation, and to make it worse the pace is to much slow... the dialogs and characters interaction are bad too.
Even the studio itself doesn't believe in what they made, cause they are planning to do a original sequel to this, which is a pretty bad sign might as well say that this season never existed...
SnaitaJul 28, 2015 6:10 PM
Jul 28, 2015 6:17 PM

Jun 2014
Toei caused the drops
Jul 29, 2015 3:10 AM
Aug 2012
Not being popular in MAL means less whining and shitposting which is a good thing actually.

It's still popular in Japan, the only problem is the author's health issue.

Jul 29, 2015 4:56 AM

Jun 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

That makes sense, maybe that explains the Studio planning to do an original sequel.
Jul 29, 2015 5:06 AM
Aug 2012
Snaita said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

That makes sense, maybe that explains the Studio planning to do an original sequel.

Well there aren't enough chapters out for another course and the manga takes break from time to time because of the author's health problems.

Since it seems Toei want to continue WT as it's popular, they are going for a original series. Maybe they will go back to the canon after when enough chapters are out. As long as it's not as bad as Naruto/Bleach level fillers then i am good with it. Toei anime-only added scenes were pretty good.

Jul 29, 2015 10:59 AM

Jun 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Well there aren't enough chapters out for another course and the manga takes break from time to time because of the author's health problems.

Since it seems Toei want to continue WT as it's popular, they are going for a original series. Maybe they will go back to the canon after when enough chapters are out. As long as it's not as bad as Naruto/Bleach level fillers then i am good with it. Toei anime-only added scenes were pretty good.

Hmm... going by that I think the sequel will be the last WT, series with multiple seasons never go back to canon when they go original. If it's Bleach early fillers I wouldn't mind but if it goes Naruto way, it will spell disaster for me.
SnaitaJul 29, 2015 11:12 AM
Aug 3, 2015 1:22 AM
Jul 2015
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Not being popular in MAL means less whining and shitposting which is a good thing actually.

I don't know if they anime and manga are "connected"? I don't think the "author" is any responsible for the quality of the anime (well manga yes). As long as he's ahead in drawing his manga than the anime; i think thats all his responsibility. And i don't think he has dropped the balls on that, as compared to for example like One Piece, WT has 21-24 pages rather than 15-17 pages. And also each page has more info, like OP has 3 stacks (rows) and lots of times just one big ass picture with 2 words; while WT has 4 stacks (rows) in most pages, and lots of words/information/detail. Sometimes it makes me think 1 chapter > 1 episode...

Like this last episode 40, at the end Yumaa fight, it's total crap here; but the manga's actually better. You see Yuma's "movement" in the manga (he jumps from the gunners left to right) and as the gunner sees Yuma "getting ready" to jump to the right, so he aims. But the anime, the gunner just blink the look up to the right (while Yuma's taking 3 4 steps), as if he predicted Yuma's movements by 3 4 moves ahead of time (while in the manga, its just 1 step). And the picture after the gunner was sliced was total crap too. I realize he's supposed to "slide" and move a little "robotic"; but he looked like freaking picture... (moving down). That's just wrong... It kind of sucked (the quality of the anime, not the manga).
Aug 8, 2015 11:54 PM
May 2015
I actually quite enjoy this show. I had read most of the manga when there was only around 30+ chapters and so watching the animated version is alright, but for some reason I get so annoyed at how every episode seems to have the opening which is like a recap of the series. I don't know why they would keep using it as new episodes air weekly. It's not like we don't know the story already?
Aug 9, 2015 8:35 PM
Feb 2010
bacabec said:
I actually quite enjoy this show. I had read most of the manga when there was only around 30+ chapters and so watching the animated version is alright, but for some reason I get so annoyed at how every episode seems to have the opening which is like a recap of the series. I don't know why they would keep using it as new episodes air weekly. It's not like we don't know the story already?

It's because the anime is really, really close to the manga, and they have to squeeze it out enough to get the scheduled 50 episodes to cover what's currently available.
Aug 10, 2015 6:43 PM

Oct 2013
KilluaPwns said:
bacabec said:

It's because the anime is really, really close to the manga, and they have to squeeze it out enough to get the scheduled 50 episodes to cover what's currently available.

It has nothing to do with that!

The main objective of the series is to grab TV viewership. So their target audience is fans that following every week, people that failed to watch some episodes and returned, people that never seen it before, and so on.
Giving a way to guarantee a certain level of watcher enjoyment and understatement of the episode, not mattering who is the watcher, is a priority.
Series, specially long series(1 year or more), have used the recap technique since way before Dragon Ball in 1986.

Note that night time anime main objective is getting people to buy the DVDs/BDs and merchandise and they expect the people that watch the anime are strong fans of the series that will not skip any episode nor forget anything between a week.
Though, some nighttime anime also use recaps, that guarantees a following and easy point of entry for new fans. One of those is the super popular Love Live! series.

And a person can forget a lot of stuff of an anime during just 1 week. Specially when you take in consideration the age of the watcher. Kids forget stuff really easily, and you have to note that the target audience of World Trigger is kids.
Aug 19, 2015 1:18 AM

Aug 2012
The entire first episode was pretty ehhh until the ending fight but even then the enemies look terrible and the fighting was lack luster.
I might keep watching but it doesn't look like anything different or special.
And yeah the animation is mediocre.
Aug 29, 2015 12:30 AM

May 2010
Animation is definitely not the best but not the least.
the first episode sure is slow but the more you watched it, the more it gets interesting and slowly getting into the right phase.
the special thing about this anime is that the main guy is so weak but have an intelligent and hardworking, you will either hate him or love him. and he knows that his weak without anyone telling him, his not some who do things for attention but just do what he thinks is right..
Aug 29, 2015 2:40 AM

May 2015
hellion13 said:
Animation is definitely not the best but not the least.
the first episode sure is slow but the more you watched it, the more it gets interesting and slowly getting into the right phase.
the special thing about this anime is that the main guy is so weak but have an intelligent and hardworking, you will either hate him or love him. and he knows that his weak without anyone telling him, his not some who do things for attention but just do what he thinks is right..
Lately it became slower as hell.
Aug 29, 2015 8:58 PM
Feb 2010
TohyaHachijo said:
Lately it became slower as hell.

Yeah, they're really close to the manga so they have to stretch it out and then do an original anime-only side-story season.
Aug 30, 2015 5:09 AM
Oct 2011
I don't know about MAL but this show isn't as bad as some people make it out to be,I've been recently marathoning it.

Will eventually read the manga but a quick question-how's this adaptionwise?Except for the obvious censors and cut parts here and there.
Nov 11, 2015 5:41 AM

Aug 2015
f4b10 said:

True It makes me sad when people dropped WT because it was done by Toei.
Nov 11, 2015 5:41 PM

Sep 2013
It's decently popular.
It's being watched by alot of people on crunchyroll and other sites.
Got more seasons too.
Nov 11, 2015 6:48 PM

Mar 2013
ichii_1 said:
It's decently popular.
Got more seasons too.

It really isn't , some of the sites I use tracks views and WT viewer ship it pretty low.

For example a popular show like one punch man will get 1-2 million views in the first week and medium to low interest show like Shinmai Maou no Testament gets 400-500k views frist week, it takes world trigger a month to get 200-300k views.

Hell more people watch total tripe like Lance N' Masques than WT, god knows why....

Nov 14, 2015 5:05 AM
May 2011
Eh show is okay, though if it wasn't for kuga and jin i wouldn't have kept watching

Mikumo annoys me, mostly because he's a generic white knight, but its even worse since hes so damn weak and has barely progressed in 50 episodes.

I was kind of hoping for one of those shounen powerups back when he first took chika's trion, and it made it permanent or something.

There really isn't anything in the show that made me excited to watch it, it just wasn't terrible enough for me to drop it.
Nov 14, 2015 4:58 PM

Jul 2015
Newhopes said:
ichii_1 said:
It's decently popular.
Got more seasons too.

It really isn't , some of the sites I use tracks views and WT viewer ship it pretty low.

For example a popular show like one punch man will get 1-2 million views in the first week and medium to low interest show like Shinmai Maou no Testament gets 400-500k views frist week, it takes world trigger a month to get 200-300k views.

Hell more people watch total tripe like Lance N' Masques than WT, god knows why....

The show is runnig for almost an year... of course it will not attract many views as new anime with just one cour... if you see most of the 2 cour animes that start with high number of view always decline a little until the last episode.
As you see... I watched most of the world trigger in a brazilian site...
Until the 30 ep it had a 300-200k views... which is a quite good number here... not astonishing but good, now it's around 100k, due to the filler arc and so on.

For comparison the first season of Shin Maou got around 500k in the first ep and 300k in the last one here... the second season is barely reaching 150k... One Punch Man that is really a success is around 800-700k but probably will drop a little too. So World Trigger has good numbers for it's length, at least here.... Other interesting point is that some of the people who watchs World Trigger do not fell need to watch right when it's released, they can wait somedays... or give some time and then catch up, because they are no long hyped about the show like they were in the first eps.
Apr 30, 2016 10:04 PM
Oct 2009
You want to know why it unpopular, for an action pace anime it sure run like tortoise, awkward pause make it so cringe that you wish you watch it alone and nobody know bout it, filler,filler, filler, it like shingeki no kyojin v1.0 alpha without noteworthy action scene.

Tbh, i watch wt thank to manga, it fun like bnha, but this studio make action shounen anime turn into shoujo slice of life. it too cringe , stop the madness pls.
May 2, 2016 7:17 AM
Feb 2016
I don't understand why it's unpopular.
I love this show more than many other shows. It's something I look forward to every Sunday.

Maybe because it doesn't have sexy girls/ ecchi scenes.

By the way, what happened to Episode 74? When is it going to air again?
Jul 5, 2016 8:03 PM

Jul 2014
Hell I'm on ep30 as of this post but the show is doing very good, one cliffhanger after the other especially in the battles. I don't mind the crunchy animation as long as the plot keeps me interested.
Aug 18, 2016 5:56 AM

Sep 2013
This show is quite good even though the pacing is incredibly slow sometime
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2015

50 by HiraNyanNyaw »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:00 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

29 by ArcCryptid »»
Oct 24, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2015

62 by spitinyourmouth »»
Sep 28, 2023 2:57 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

56 by kx2x »»
Sep 11, 2023 6:54 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

48 by kx2x »»
Sep 10, 2023 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.