Forum Settings
Forums

is it bad that i don't exactly have friends?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 6, 2015 1:57 PM

Dec 2008
I used to have friends. Now, I'm a loner, and I feel much better this way. My friends got busy with life, and so I.
Jul 6, 2015 4:29 PM

Jan 2015
Oh dear thanks everyone to responding, may it be negative or positive. Anyway, I may of lost control of my wording. Once again I will repeat the fact I was actually always popular but never got too attached to anyone, I never met up with anyone outside of school nor did anyone ever bother to contact me unless it was for house parties in which I didn't want to attend as I saw house parties as an inconvenience because I remember after one the next day an incident happened where 8 people I knew had received chlamydia in my year, it seems a couple of guys caught it and went with a few of the girls afterwards. So na didn't really want to watch people getting wasted and having sex. I actually studied Drama during school and got a B despite all the falling out between those in my group. I'm pretty sure I'm not depressed too, I enjoy spending time with my family too much to be depressed.
Jul 6, 2015 4:55 PM

Apr 2015
No it's not. You don't need friends. If you love yourself, that is enough.
Jul 6, 2015 5:01 PM

Jun 2014
Yes. You don't necessarly need to develop a special bond with people, just have a couple of friends here and there, it could help you a lot. You don't want to spend the rest of your life without friends, do you ? The mere fact that you're posting about it on MAL means it bothers you a little bit.

On a side note, i find it hilarious that people who don't have friends irl tend to be "sociable" on the internet.

And the ones who say you don't need friends just say it to make themselves feel better.
Jul 6, 2015 5:35 PM
Apr 2010
Not really. The ones who tell you that you need friends are the type of people who feel like they're suffocating if they're not around someone for more than a couple hours. From the looks of it, you aren't that type, but you also have a small need for friends seeing as how you're posting here and asking whether or not it's a bad thing. Go out and meet a couple people, but don't try too hard. Or get a dog or an affectionate cat. A talking parrot would be nice too.
Jul 6, 2015 5:42 PM
Apr 2014
Working_Designs said:
No.

You don't need friends. I only have one, and we only hang out roughly 3 times a year, because we'd probably hate each others guts if we spent any more time around each other.

Being by yourself I find, is much more productive, and the hobbies you can take up are endless.

give this man a nobel for peace.He fuc*in deserve it O.O
Jul 6, 2015 6:14 PM
May 2015
I don't have real friends, sometimes I do talk to some guys of my class and hang out with them, but that's it.

Interrrrrpetgyu said:
My boyfriend calls my dick a clit when he's fucking my boy pussy.

Noice.
Jul 6, 2015 6:42 PM

May 2015
Heh, you're not the only one who doesn't have friends. I lived in a military family, and that means after every 3 years or so, I had to relocate to another country or city. I had to do this four times before my dad retired. The friends I made in the four locations that I've been to? All gone and forgotten. In college, I was a shy guy, but at least I was friendly enough to make a small group of "friends". You know what sucked? After graduation, I never heard from them again, ever. Today, I only have one friend who I still keep in contact with (and we don't even talk that much). This is an online friend too, so at the moment I have no real-life friends in my vicinity.

I remember a quote from Mutatsu in Persona 3 where he mentions something about friends. It goes like this:

"Don't worry if ya don't have any friends. Most of life's troubles have to do with others… Let's define a "friend" as… someone you hold dear. True friendship is seen through the heart, kid, not the eyes… People always want somethin' in a relationship. They only really love themselves. You don't call someone who doesn't like you your friend, do ya? No, you don't… cuz you know you won't get nothin' from him, right? Which means, in this world, there's no one you can hold dear. At the end of the lonely road of love, kid, you're the only one left standin' there."

After all the crap that I had to deal with in college and all the relocating I had to do, I honestly didn't care about making friends anymore. What mattered to me was getting my life straightened out (Get a job, be stable, etc.). My problems come first. Friends can wait.
Jul 6, 2015 6:55 PM

Dec 2013
Honestly, i don't know what's wrong with you people that you actually think not having friends is healthy or 'ok'. While i'm not saying there's anything wrong with you op, friends ARE worth having and worth going after, because when the shit hits the fan it's not MAL that's gonna have your back, it's them.
Jul 6, 2015 7:06 PM
Sep 2014
Don't dwell on it just live life
Jul 6, 2015 7:23 PM
Jun 2013
Eh friends are important. If you have serious ambitions in something it's really hard to get anywhere without other people supporting you (not just like moral support like in anime but actual networking and collaborating with people is important)

I think I am quite lucky to have made the few friends I have, they mean a lot to me and we are far beyond bitching and complaining.

It really depends on the type of person you are, but good people in the world do exist and you can find them.
Jul 6, 2015 7:28 PM

Oct 2013
It's different for everyone. For me, I need to have friends around. I'm used to having a social life both online and in real life. It's strange if I'm not talking or communicating with someone on a daily basis. It's alright if you feel a bit more of a drifter. At some point, you realize you would rather have closer friends, or a more drifting relationship with friends. It kind of depends on what suits you.
Jul 6, 2015 8:53 PM

Jan 2015
I don't have friends because people are flaky and shady. I'd rather be friendless.
Jul 6, 2015 8:59 PM

Jan 2009
if its making you suffer all the time then yes, but some people are just way introverted they are fine being alone most of the time
Jul 6, 2015 9:02 PM
Feb 2014
Rebel_Roo said:
I don't have friends because people are flaky and shady. I'd rather be friendless.
Jul 6, 2015 11:23 PM

Apr 2013
I didn't have friends for two years until I came out of my shell. All I did was watch anime and play video games by myself. After all that, I can safely say that.....

.....no, it's not bad, but it fucking sucks. What you really need to do is find like-minded people who share in your same interests and hobbies and actually do stuff with them. It's not as hard as you might think, but from my experience, being friendless and always being alone actually gave me two years of my life that I regret.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jul 6, 2015 11:47 PM

Jun 2013
It's not always about sharing similar interests/hobbies. I'm the complete opposite of my friends. They were the "bad" ones in school who engaged in not so good activities. They had no interest at all for anime/manga, only "money and bishes". Even though they were labeled as "thugs" they genuinely cared about my well being and would look out for me. Not all friends are the way you described (backbiting one another). No offense to anyone, but from what I noticed in school, this kind of behavior is found mostly among the girls. Girls seem to be really mean to other girls despite being friends and talk behind their back. Guys can be jerks to other guys but we eventually squash whatever beef we have with each other and go back to being bros. Just continue being yourself and I'm sure you'll make some great friends. You just had a little bad luck and encountered the wrong type of people.
Jul 7, 2015 12:04 AM

Jun 2015
If you're content then that's all that matters. However, I do hope you make some good friends down the road. :]

Jul 7, 2015 12:06 AM

Jul 2014
If that is what you are content with then I can't say it's bad. Ask your self this though, are you comfortable being alone? That's the important thing. There are some people out there that are satisfied with the solitude of not having any friends so idk. Think about not having any friends for the rest of your life though. I'm thinking about it right now. Seems miserable to me.

What vexper said was pretty spot on btw your expectations seem pretty high. My friends will fight and bitch about each other from time to time but at the end of the day they still have each others backs. They all have their flaws and i have mine. We will fight and bitch once in a while but we still love each other.
Jul 7, 2015 12:06 AM

Oct 2011
Oxalias said:
I don't have any friends atm. I got rid them all because I had a best firend but he left me so I'm going to die alone now

*cries*

Damn I hope you find another best friend who isn't such an asshole.
Jul 7, 2015 12:07 AM

Jun 2015
The hell i care !?!..

:3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2015 12:18 AM

Apr 2013
-Slick- said:
It's not always about sharing similar interests/hobbies.

I was going for easy mode.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jul 7, 2015 12:19 AM

Aug 2009
Even if you don't agree 100% with someone on everything you can still get a long with them and be friends.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jul 7, 2015 12:41 AM
Jul 2018
battosai-01 said:
Even if you don't agree 100% with someone on everything you can still get a long with them and be friends.

Yep.^

Also I talk shit about my friends all the time we talk shit about each other each time we are in the same room. that's just what niggas do.
Jul 7, 2015 12:46 AM
Jul 2018
Oxalias said:
Leviathon said:

Yep.^

Also I talk shit about my friends all the time we talk shit about each other each time we are in the same room. that's just what niggas do.
And what about when you're not black?

I'm not black I'm Mexican , nigga.

Doesn't change the fact that niggas talk shit about each other and still get along perfectly, nigga.
Jul 7, 2015 12:54 AM
Jul 2018
you don't need friends.
Jul 7, 2015 12:56 AM
Jul 2018
Leviathon said:
Oxalias said:

Doesn't change the fact that niggas talk shit about each other and still get along perfectly, nigga.

is nigga that bad?
Jul 7, 2015 12:57 AM

Oct 2011
Leviathon said:
Oxalias said:

We get it your black. Stop shoving the n word down our throats any chance you can get to prove your "blackness".
Jul 7, 2015 12:59 AM
Jul 2018
_Charl said:
Leviathon said:

is nigga that bad?

What do you mean nigga is bad? Charles in charge?
Jul 7, 2015 1:02 AM
Jul 2018
Gov said:
Leviathon said:

We get it your black. Stop shoving the n word down our throats any chance you can get to prove your "blackness".

Ayyyyy nigga you the one wasting your time reading my post.

The fact that y'all assumed I was/am black because I used the word nigga makes you racist and disgusting.

Seems like I don't need to go to Alabama to find racism.

Truly despicable.
removed-userJul 7, 2015 8:19 AM
Jul 7, 2015 3:08 AM

Apr 2014
I had a group of friends like 2 years ago, but we are not together anymore for some problems. I havent been able to make other friends since then. I just talk and joke with people sometimes, but i never feel the trust and all those feelings that friends give.
Also, i never talk to them outside school.
It is hard to feel alone although you are surrounded by people. Sometimes i think i will never feel like i have a friend anymore.
Jul 7, 2015 3:12 AM

Dec 2014
If your ovaries are itching, then I can be your friend.
Jul 7, 2015 3:28 AM

Jan 2015
No, my only friend is my very own penis he'll never leave me, unbreakable bond. When I'm satisfied he's satisfied, that's true friendship.
Jul 7, 2015 3:39 AM
Apr 2014
Having no friends means you are a free man.
"Chinese cartoons was a mistake"

Hayao Miyazaki
Jul 7, 2015 3:44 AM

Jul 2015
Well it doesnt really matter so dont change to have friends be yourself. Besides most popular kids that are dicks are stupid and get no where.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2015 3:52 AM

Jul 2014
Rakaxo said:

What is free about building a wall around yourself, never letting anyone in, and not venturing outside of it?
Jul 7, 2015 4:11 AM

Apr 2014
ginfoxface said:
No, my only friend is my very own penis he'll never leave me, unbreakable bond. When I'm satisfied he's satisfied, that's true friendship.

That was romantic af.
Jul 7, 2015 12:01 PM
Dec 2014
Look, I have many people I know, such as classmates or practice mates... but I have only one friend I talk to on a daily basis. I haven't talked to anyone except him in the last 3 weeks.
j
Jul 7, 2015 3:13 PM

Jan 2015
CookieNCreamd said:
Rakaxo said:

What is free about building a wall around yourself, never letting anyone in, and not venturing outside of it?

Coming from a person who's been burned too many times by 'friends' and family alike, I would rather have a wall than a broken heart.
Jul 7, 2015 3:24 PM
Jul 2018
I only have acquaintances.

But someday I will find something genuine.

As for the question it isn't bad to be alone. Basically, you move at the beat of your own drum.
Jul 8, 2015 1:42 AM

Apr 2013
Interrrrrpetgyu said:
My boyfriend calls my dick a clit when he's fucking my boy pussy.

ROFL
Jul 10, 2015 11:28 AM

Mar 2014
shintai88 said:
No. You don't need a lot of friends.
Just a lot of connections to get you to the top in life.

THIS. Shrewdness is mistaken to be friendship most of the time, but imo, one can have only 2-3 friends who are worth cherishing
Jul 10, 2015 12:00 PM

Jul 2015
VJhayashi said:
shintai88 said:
No. You don't need a lot of friends.
Just a lot of connections to get you to the top in life.

THIS. Shrewdness is mistaken to be friendship most of the time, but imo, one can have only 2-3 friends who are worth cherishing

why did you have to bump this thread? its apparent that OP is just attention whoring
Snapchat: jt.kelbe
Jul 10, 2015 12:03 PM

Dec 2010
People hang out w/ each other because being a loner is socially looked down on

Jul 10, 2015 12:03 PM

Oct 2012
It's better to have a few friends you're very close with, rather than sticking with large groups all the time. You get to know people a lot better when there's less of you. Compare a group of 3 friends to, say, 10. You'll get to know each other as the 3 of you much easier than as 10 because you spend a lot more time with each other, rather than someone different.

It's how I've always made friends. Remember, more isn't necessarily better. There's a difference between a close friend and a mere acquaintance.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» is blocking users a admitance of cowardice?

vasipi4946 - 2 hours ago

6 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
5 minutes ago

» How many of your friends are friends with you just to make fun of you?

LenRea - Yesterday

17 by LoveLikeBlood »»
8 minutes ago

» The Nsider has come back to the forums!

The-Nsider - 11 hours ago

11 by Serafos »»
28 minutes ago

» How are your cooking skills

ST63LTH - 10 hours ago

15 by Serafos »»
29 minutes ago

» What is the proper way to wipe your ass?

vasipi4946 - Apr 28

11 by WaffleMaster89 »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.