Forum Settings
Forums

What would you do if eating meat was banned in your country?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 1, 2015 8:46 PM

Aug 2013
my mom told me to not to be a picky eater.. so..
Jul 1, 2015 8:47 PM

Aug 2014
Eat other people's meat
Jul 1, 2015 8:51 PM

Mar 2014
I would start a riot.
Redheadphones said:
The 'Children' continue to flock around me. They see me as a guide on their path to salvation. They wish to transcend their powerless existences, to grow from mere boys and girls into men and women of worth and value.

Pick a number between 1-4 and hope to get lucky.
1 2 3 4
Jul 1, 2015 8:53 PM

Sep 2014
Jul 1, 2015 8:54 PM

Aug 2014
guywholikesanime said:
Fuck veggies. Eat dick.

Where's Gholy's signature when you need it?
Jul 1, 2015 8:54 PM
Apr 2014
Enharmonic said:
guywholikesanime said:
Fuck veggies. Eat dick.

here
Jul 1, 2015 8:55 PM

Aug 2014
Gholy said:
Enharmonic said:

here

Thank you.
Jul 1, 2015 8:55 PM

Sep 2014
Gholy said:
Enharmonic said:

here

lol
Jul 1, 2015 8:56 PM

Feb 2015
Go fishing. I don't normally like fishing but if it was made illegal I bet it would be much more fun.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Jul 1, 2015 8:56 PM

Oct 2014
MidnightLPA said:
I'd start an underground meat ring. Then charge absurd prices per OZ.
You'd have to. The government pays for meat production, so you'd be losing money if you sold it for the same price as supermarkets.
Jul 1, 2015 8:57 PM
May 2015
I'll join the riot with those working the meat industry or all kinds of sports.
We need animal protein.
Jul 1, 2015 9:02 PM

Oct 2014
prkbjoctght said:
I'll join the riot with those working the meat industry or all kinds of sports.
We need animal protein.
Honestly, that's a good point. A lot of people don't actually know how to eat in a healthy way without eating meat, so people who used to eat a lot of meat wouldn't be very good from it. If they instead had a limit per person per week slowly decreasing it over the years and teaching people how to eat with less meat it could work.
Jul 1, 2015 9:02 PM

Aug 2014
Move to Argentina or Uruguay :p
Jul 1, 2015 9:05 PM

Sep 2014
alkchf said:

Jul 1, 2015 9:06 PM

Jun 2015
I'd be happy, since I absolutely hate the concept of eating meat.

I get that it has protein and what not, and banning it would be a stupid desicion, but I'd still be happy.

Far too many animals die every day in horrible ways.
-_-
Jul 1, 2015 9:10 PM

Jan 2015
icirate said:
Go fishing. I don't normally like fishing but if it was made illegal I bet it would be much more fun.
lucky u coz u hav no China to deal with
with our territorial waters in the West Philippine Sea are overcrowded with illegal occupants who are stupidly aggressive, u will hav a bad time :(
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jul 1, 2015 9:23 PM
Jul 2018
Move to Indonesia
You safe here
Jul 1, 2015 9:33 PM

Aug 2014
guywholikesanime said:
alkchf said:

Couldn't speak Spanish to save my life though xD

DramaticBucket said:

I get that it has protein and what not, and banning it would be a stupid desicion, but I'd still be happy.

We humans actually only need some aminoacids, not the whole arranged proteins, iirc.
Jul 1, 2015 9:36 PM

Jan 2015
I would be able to accommodate eating vegetables tbh.
Jul 1, 2015 10:11 PM

Mar 2012
Know said:
Aurali said:

I embrace a plant-based diet, and the last time I ate a salad was around a month ago. Meat/egg/dairy alternatives enable me to eat most dishes that are traditionally made with animal products.
I don't really call it a diet, it was the only thing i could make since i can't cook not that i disliked it.

I wasn't implying that you had a plant-based diet; I was talking about myself. I'm sorry that you took my words the wrong way. The reason I posted that response was because a lot of meat-eaters (such as RedTie47) assume that a meatless diet consists mostly of salads, which isn't true for me. I can't even count how many people I've encountered that have that misunderstanding.

My Iranian relatives, for instance, have trouble grasping my diet. When I tell them that I don't eat meat, they ask me if I eat fish or chicken. I then answer by saying that I don't eat flesh from any animals. My response leaves them with dumbfounded expressions that basically scream, Then what do you eat? Meat has become such as staple in foods to the extent that many people can't even imagine living without it. They aren't aware of the vast array of food options available in a meatless diet.

Thanks to them, I can relate to this scene:

Know said:
Indian cuisine have delicious veggie dishes though.

I've tried Indian food on a few occasions. It's pretty good, but it's a bit too spicy for my preferences.
Jul 1, 2015 10:19 PM

Apr 2011
Vanschia said:

^ Same

If it's edible and tastes edible, it's food.
Jul 1, 2015 10:21 PM

Jan 2015
yomachi said:
Vanschia said:

^ Same

If it's edible and tastes edible, it's food.

I think this is a good quality. Being picky with food preferences really limits your choices and options in the food world.
Jul 1, 2015 10:37 PM
Jul 2018
zombie_pegasus said:
RedTie47 said:

I agree. I can't see a future where vegetarians are the norm. There is nothing wrong with eating meat. I'd probably hate eating if all I had were leafs on my plate
Same here and I'm vegetarian. There is a way to make something identical to meat from plants.

It could be identical but it doesn't taste like meat nor does it have the same nutrients. It's kinda just faking it and would make me miss meat even more.

The idea that something like meat could be banned just flies over my head. It has been the central piece of the meal for many people and families out there. Instead of reducing meat consumption or banning it I think people should just eat what they want individually.
Jul 1, 2015 10:43 PM

Dec 2014
DramaticBucket said:

I love how people assume only Animals feel pain and don't deserve to die, but fuck how plants feel.
Jul 1, 2015 10:43 PM
Feb 2014
I'll move to another country.
Jul 1, 2015 10:52 PM

Feb 2012
People would be eating more carbo shit. Pasta&cheese with tomato sauce. I mostly eat meat because I don't like eating flavored carbo everyday.
Jul 1, 2015 11:47 PM

Oct 2014
RedTie47 said:
zombie_pegasus said:
Same here and I'm vegetarian. There is a way to make something identical to meat from plants.

It could be identical but it doesn't taste like meat nor does it have the same nutrients. It's kinda just faking it and would make me miss meat even more.

The idea that something like meat could be banned just flies over my head. It has been the central piece of the meal for many people and families out there. Instead of reducing meat consumption or banning it I think people should just eat what they want individually.
Actually it does taste exactly like meat and has the same nutrients. The only problem with it currently is how expensive it is, but with some more research that should be fixed within the next decade or two. People actually should eat less meat. In other countries people tend to mix it in with their food instead of eating it as a meal itself, which is healthier, better for the planet, and more ethical.
Jul 2, 2015 12:23 AM

Jan 2014
I would celebrate. Yay for the animals that won't be killed for food anymore
Jul 2, 2015 12:30 AM

Oct 2014
Fluttersny said:
I would celebrate. Yay for the animals that won't be killed for food anymore
Not only will they not be killed but they won't even have to exist. All the generations of animals that would have been raised in terrible conditions with a sole purpose of being slaughtered would no longer be necessary.
Jul 2, 2015 12:32 AM

Jan 2014
Instead they can be raised in good conditions and live long, lovely lives c':
Jul 2, 2015 1:18 AM

Jun 2015
MidnightLPA said:
DramaticBucket said:

I love how people assume only Animals feel pain and don't deserve to die, but fuck how plants feel.

You do realise that if plants aren't harvested and fruits aren't plucked, a lot of those trees will die? Animals on the other hand are killed at a very young age because their meat tastes 'soft' at that time.

Also, plants don't really 'feel' pain like animals do, they're easier to plant and take care of and don't release methane into the air.

Don't give me this argument. It makes no sense.
-_-
Jul 2, 2015 1:53 AM

Oct 2014
Open-Dice said:
Read my post, you're twisting my words again. I said I hate the habit of eating meat, not the people who eat meat. Unless they take pride in killing animals I guess.

I "take pride" in "killing animals" as much as any vegetarian "takes pride" in "killing plants".

Though I actually am half-vegetarian myself as in I usually never eat any meat for breakfast and only rarely eat meat in the evening. The only semi-regular meat dishes are the main dishes in the afternoon.

I guess I would survive, somehow, but I'd enjoy the food all the more whenever I am out of country.
Grey-ZoneJul 2, 2015 1:58 AM
Jul 2, 2015 1:56 AM

Nov 2011
move
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Jul 2, 2015 1:58 AM

Aug 2014
How about become a meat smuggler? :V
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Jul 2, 2015 2:01 AM
Apr 2013
Does pussy count as meat?
Jul 2, 2015 2:04 AM

Aug 2014
Grey-Zone said:
I "take pride" in "killing animals" as much as any vegetarian "takes pride" in "killing plants".

I think there is nothing wrong with killing animals or killing plants. There is this thing called "food chain" that exist, remember??
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Jul 2, 2015 2:07 AM

Sep 2014
Switch to veggie bacon and die slowly from lack of protein.

P.S. That last bit is a joke, I know very well it's inaccurate. Please don't kill me vegans!
Jul 2, 2015 2:08 AM

May 2008
I'm fine with not eating animal meat.

SEAFOOD all the way!
Jul 2, 2015 2:09 AM

Feb 2012
Fluttersny said:
Instead they can be raised in good conditions and live long, lovely lives c':

How many cows are you going to raise?
Jul 2, 2015 2:09 AM

Oct 2014
Ravarae said:
Grey-Zone said:

I think there is nothing wrong with killing animals or killing plants. There is this thing called "food chain" that exist, remember??
The food chain doesn't include animals raising other animals for food. The closest in nature is ants and aphids, but that relationship is mutual. Humans were only technically made to eat plants, insects, and fish. Giant pandas are carnivores biologically, so we're not alone for eating things we're not supposed to.
Jul 2, 2015 2:21 AM

Jun 2015
I wouldn't mind if the whole world became vegeterian.

I'm fine with people that eat meat. It's NOT fine when people are adamant about eating meat and do not respect the animals and life they are taking to satisfy their gluttony.

It isn't necessary to consume meat at all. It is also becoming quite unsustainable. Livestock require a lot of resources to raise and they produce a lot of methane (and probably CO2).

If people want an alternative source of protien then try insects.

• Easy to farm
  • Requires little land
  • Less resources to raise
  • Nutritious as @@@@

EDIT: To those arguing plants could feel pain,
Plants are prepared for it, animals have been eating plants since the dinohsauuse. Plants also rely on animals eating them or their fruit to disperse seeds. Plants that don't want to be eaten have their own defences, such as toxins, and we don't eat those anyway.
TomatoJul 2, 2015 2:28 AM
Jul 2, 2015 2:22 AM

Dec 2014
DramaticBucket said:
MidnightLPA said:

You do realise that if plants aren't harvested and fruits aren't plucked, a lot of those trees will die? Animals on the other hand are killed at a very young age because their meat tastes 'soft' at that time.

Also, plants don't really 'feel' pain like animals do, they're easier to plant and take care of and don't release methane into the air.

Don't give me this argument. It makes no sense.

Where is your evidence that plants cannot feel pain? Also, your "plants will die soon anyway" logic is invalid. If we didn't eat the animals, we'd need to kill them to control their population anyway. Animals were literally designed to be consumed, and humans, being omnivores, were literally designed to consume them. Just because natural design doesn't fit your ideals, does not mean it alters the design.
Jul 2, 2015 2:28 AM
Jul 2018
I believe in the food chain. It just so happens that some animals are meant to be eaten by the top dog in the chain: humans. Denying this is pretty much going against nature itself
Jul 2, 2015 2:31 AM
Jul 2018
plants don't really 'feel' pain like animals do

Plants can't talk, mate. How did you know that plants can't feel pain?

Go to Indonesia, you will see countless trees burned by scumbags.
Jul 2, 2015 2:31 AM

Jun 2015
RedTie47 said:
I believe in the food chain. It just so happens that some animals are meant to be eaten by the top dog in the chain: humans. Denying this is pretty much going against nature itself

Did you know humans taste like pork? (according to cannibals of the past)

People should try eating themselves. It could evolve humans into ghouls. LOL
Jul 2, 2015 2:49 AM
Jul 2018
RumRaisin said:
RedTie47 said:

They teach us the food chain in elementary school for a reason. I can't help it if you want to ignore the fact that humans are omnivores by nature. Humans would be herbivores if they were destined to only eat plants.

I am not going to ignore that there is cruelty in the way some animals are raised, in poor conditions that really are unacceptable. I believe that instead of cutting off meat as a whole we should improve that. But regardless they will get killed to sustain the population. You don't see lions crying over zebras they killed or sharks flipping out over fish they swallowed.

Also the eating healthy thing is completely off the table. Someone's health conditioned by what they eat is no one's problem except the individual's.
Jul 2, 2015 2:50 AM

Oct 2014
RumRaisin said:
RedTie47 said:

I've heard from one account that human meat tastes like good veal. If we really are the top of the food chain than we should be able to eat each other. We weren't actually meant to be at the top of the food chain. We aren't even carnivores, in fact we're barely even omnivores (biologically). We were originally meant to be down at the level of other apes which mostly eat plants but will also eat some insects. More animals would have considered humans as ordinary prey. Our large brains give us the ability to cultivate grain as well as created animals for the purpose of killing for food. With great power comes great responsibility. The human race is pretty immature for the control we have over the world.
Jul 2, 2015 2:53 AM

Oct 2014
I've seen a squirrel eat a butterfly, yet they are supposed to be herbivores. Sloths will sometimes eat birds and they are also supposed to be herbivores. Pandas eat only leaves, yet they were meant to be carnivores. The food chain works in mysterious ways.
Jul 2, 2015 3:02 AM

Jun 2015
Urm, keep eating meat? Lol it's not like they're gonna bring in the SWAT team to search my house. Or will they.....
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

80 by LoveYourEyes »»
49 seconds ago

» Does knowing how MAL user looks like change how you see/treat them?

barababas - 16 minutes ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
11 minutes ago

» (Nearly) Dying in your dreams

TheAngryNerd - Oct 18, 2022

27 by Soverign »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture? ( 1 2 )

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

51 by MalchikRepaid »»
52 minutes ago

» Hottest non Hollywood actor on YouTube?

scarydragon - 55 minutes ago

0 by scarydragon »»
55 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.