Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 1, 2015 2:59 PM

Jul 2014
Any hopes? Do people want it? Or satsfied with open ending??
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jul 1, 2015 3:18 PM

Jan 2012
I would love a second season. The show itself has a lot of potential, and with only one cour it feels like we only skimmed the surface of what the series could offer.

That said, even if it never gets a continuation, its still a fantastic show on its own. More of it would be good though, especially considering there is more material to adapt.
Jul 1, 2015 3:20 PM

Nov 2013
We'll get a movie if we're lucky. There would be no reason for Kyoani to make a second season for Hibike when they could do it for Amagi, which sold twice as many discs.
Jul 1, 2015 3:21 PM

Apr 2015
There are 3 more Volumes to cover it Kyoani plans to make a sequel. But I wonder if SOME fans will be prepared for the unavoidable......

#CHEXIT
Jul 1, 2015 3:26 PM

Jan 2014
Well I would actually want one but I don't think that sales are good.

Jul 1, 2015 4:03 PM

Nov 2007
If it's about satisfaction, then I am very satisfied with this anime. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to see more. If they end up making a sequel following the original novel, I somewhat have an idea of what to expect. But that's all the more reason why I am sure I would like it. See, I already knew the outcome of the final episode yet they managed to keep me on my toes. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 1, 2015 4:11 PM

Nov 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Lollo36 said:
We'll get a movie if we're lucky. There would be no reason for Kyoani to make a second season for Hibike when they could do it for Amagi, which sold twice as many discs.

Amagi Vol 1 7,144
Hibike Vol 1 6,555

You mean like....marginally better within a difference of less than 600? Last time I checked twice as much would be 13,110 but I keep track of these things even though I'm not an initiate.

According to this, Amagi v1 sold 8.300, but yeah, I was still way off the mark. I'm happy to be wrong, though, maybe the chance for a second season isn't 0%.
Jul 1, 2015 5:11 PM

Nov 2007
I don't think sales number is much of an issue. It's not disastrous. The number is well above the cutoff margin so it was profitable (but not as much as some other KyoAni shows). Tamako Market and Kyoukai no Kanata had much lower sales numbers yet they both got sequel movies.

The producer for Hibike! Euphonium, Nakamura Shinichi, has more shows that had sequels than not under his belt. Almost all the shows Ishihara Tatsuya (one of the reasons why I pinned high hopes on the anime from the start) and Yamada Naoko worked on together had sequels.

But that being said, none of that probably matter. I remember the producer of Chihayafuru saying something along the following lines "It is not about money. We wanted to work on it because we loved it." on S2. The chances of a sequel (movie or TV series) will largely depend on KyoAni wanting to go for it which will also depend on getting permission from the author and the original novel license owner.
shanimebibJul 1, 2015 5:14 PM
Coronavirus.
Jul 1, 2015 5:48 PM

Jun 2008
Imeon said:
There are 3 more Volumes to cover it Kyoani plans to make a sequel. But I wonder if SOME fans will be prepared for the unavoidable......

That's okay by me. That's what life is all about, people coming in and out and a little romance on the side. These characters aren't robots without feelings.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jul 1, 2015 6:04 PM

Oct 2007
Lollo36 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Amagi Vol 1 7,144
Hibike Vol 1 6,555

You mean like....marginally better within a difference of less than 600? Last time I checked twice as much would be 13,110 but I keep track of these things even though I'm not an initiate.

According to this, Amagi v1 sold 8.300, but yeah, I was still way off the mark. I'm happy to be wrong, though, maybe the chance for a second season isn't 0%.

Yes that's likely the over time accumulation as opposed to the data from Oricon top 10 weekly. Also people overestimate how important disc sales are when it comes to deciding a second season because not every franchise is dependent on such things. For example one of my favorite shows of late Garo got a full 2 cour of 24 episodes and is getting another season of 24 episode down the line. It's discs didn't even sell enough to chart, not that kind of show.
Jul 1, 2015 8:30 PM

Jun 2015
theres hope.. kyoani will find the way
Jul 1, 2015 8:31 PM

Feb 2014
Apples2 said:
I would love a second season. The show itself has a lot of potential, and with only one cour it feels like we only skimmed the surface of what the series could offer.

That said, even if it never gets a continuation, its still a fantastic show on its own. More of it would be good though, especially considering there is more material to adapt.

Yes yes yes. All of the above.

I really appreciate the whole peeking into the situation role we are given as the audience but I think some of the loud 'comic relief' characters could definitely do with a little more story/character just so they don't appear hideously one dimensional compared to the main characters; because being a loud genki chara does not automatically exclude depth. A good example would be how they sketched out Asuka and Hazuki to be outgoing but also having their own issues and ways of dealing with those issues. It just makes for a better viewing experience I think...
Jul 1, 2015 11:11 PM

Oct 2013
I would have loved for this to be a 2 cour and I'm really hoping for a second season. There's definitely so much to explore with the characters and their relationships and that last episode really felt like a season finale not a series finale.
Jul 2, 2015 12:01 AM

Jul 2015
shanimebib said:
I don't think sales number is much of an issue. It's not disastrous. The number is well above the cutoff margin so it was profitable (but not as much as some other KyoAni shows). Tamako Market and Kyoukai no Kanata had much lower sales numbers yet they both got sequel movies.

The producer for Hibike! Euphonium, Nakamura Shinichi, has more shows that had sequels than not under his belt. Almost all the shows Ishihara Tatsuya (one of the reasons why I pinned high hopes on the anime from the start) and Yamada Naoko worked on together had sequels.

But that being said, none of that probably matter. I remember the producer of Chihayafuru saying something along the following lines "It is not about money. We wanted to work on it because we loved it." on S2. The chances of a sequel (movie or TV series) will largely depend on KyoAni wanting to go for it which will also depend on getting permission from the author and the original novel license owner.

You did not read the matter of Newtype magazine January,
The two movies created to Kyoukai no Kanata, were created as an apology of KyoAni to the author Nagomu Torii.
For those unaware KyoAni completely rewrote the history created by Nagomu Torii, and as a way of apology, created the movies now following the source material created by Nagomu Torii.
Cr7_vi_BritanniaJul 2, 2015 1:02 AM
Jul 2, 2015 12:06 AM

Apr 2015
Angela33 said:
shanimebib said:

The two movies created to Kyoukai no Kanata, were created as an apology of KyoAni to the author Nagomu Torii.
For those unaware KyoAni completely rewrote the history created by Nagomu Torii, and as a way of apology, created the movies now segindo the source material created by Nagomu Torii.

That is interesting.... Pretty much the same if they sway from the original source with this one huh?
#CHEXIT
Jul 2, 2015 1:24 AM

Jul 2015
Imeon said:
[spoiler]
Angela33 said:

For those unaware KyoAni completely rewrote the history created by Nagomu Torii, and as a way of apology, created the movies now segindo the source material created by Nagomu Torii.

That is interesting.... Pretty much the same if they sway from the original source with this one huh?
[/spoiler]

Completely different.

Kyoukai no Kanata, was absurd, KyoAni totally changed the characters and completely rewrote the story, changed the plot and all the events of Light Novel. Kyoukai no Kanata It was practically a anime totally unique.

Hibiki had very few changes about Light Novel, an addition of yuribait in episode 8, and two original episodes 11 and 12, alé é claro do colorido tipico da KyoAni nas cenas yuribait, and the designer of the characters added the famous filter, waifu moeshit KyoAni .The rest is pretty sememlhante the Ligth Novel, including the end episode is exactly the same as the final chapter of volume 1 of Light Novel.

As I said Kyoukai no Kanata practically was a anime totally unique.
It was practically rewritten from scratch, only the loving pairing of the protagonist and the name of the characters were kept.
Cr7_vi_BritanniaJul 2, 2015 1:32 AM
Jul 2, 2015 1:36 AM

May 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Lollo36 said:

Amagi Vol 1 7,144
Hibike Vol 1 6,555

Japan liked the finale and vol.1 is again in top 100 preorders. Sales will rise.
Jul 2, 2015 2:40 AM

Jan 2008
You guys are forgetting something. Unlike almost every other studio, KyoAni own the right to the material they adapt, so for them, profit comes much sooner then for studios that have to pay royalties and such. Everything they do is in house, so for them, 6000 units is actually really good, well worth a second season.
Jul 2, 2015 3:43 AM

Jan 2008
I hope there will be a 2nd season or at least a movie. I want to see more of Shuichi and Kumiko. I ship them so hard. :D
Jul 2, 2015 5:04 AM

Jun 2008
bastek66 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Amagi Vol 1 7,144
Hibike Vol 1 6,555

Japan liked the finale and vol.1 is again in top 100 preorders. Sales will rise.
I'm ready to purchase the whole series as soon as the videos are made available in the states.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jul 2, 2015 12:18 PM
May 2015
Right now, yes. 13 episodes felt kinda short and I want to see them make the nationals.
Shameless plugging a review site I help out with: http://www.almostmainstream.net
Jul 2, 2015 12:38 PM

Jan 2015
I'm fairly certain that there will be a follow-on. Asuka's feelings in episode 13 are far from resolved (she spent the last 10 minutes looking like a misery... also, why is she depressed at getting one step closer to Nationals?) Whatever it is, KyoAni needs to announce it soon. Need... Hibike... *insert noises of despair should follow-on not occur*

Jul 2, 2015 1:02 PM

Nov 2007
^ so you noticed. Of course you would! You can also think of other key moments — that photograph, the two blushes (and I am not talking about the moment of tying a ponytail).
Coronavirus.
Jul 2, 2015 11:17 PM
Jul 2012
It was definitely a good anime but I don't think season 2 will be that great. TBH, what are they goona do with it? I feel like if there is a second season, its not gonna be as good because it feels like all the character drama got solved in the 13 episodes.. I guess Asuka is still a mysterious character, but that's just it. A movie sounds much more concise and better than a full on season with a bunch of fillers.
Jul 3, 2015 12:15 AM

Apr 2015
If you go by the novel there is still plenty, plenty of drama and development to go through, so much that I think if they make it this needs at least two seasons
Jul 3, 2015 2:42 AM

Jul 2015
crazy ta more yuribait and having to endure these delirious fans of yuri.
I'd rather you did not.

I'd rather you did not.

The same bait scenes yuri have been used in other anime.
KyoAni not even bother to create new yuribait she used those that existed in other anime.

Cr7_vi_BritanniaJul 3, 2015 2:48 AM
Jul 4, 2015 4:17 AM

Mar 2015
They'll compete at the nationals, so there is a good chance for season 2.
Jul 4, 2015 2:05 PM

Dec 2008
Angela33 said:
I'd rather you did not.

I'd rather you did not.

The same bait scenes yuri have been used in other anime.
KyoAni not even bother to create new yuribait she used those that existed in other anime.

As a Yuri Fan I thank you for all those great GIFs and Pics :D (also for the one with Haru & Rin too xD) For someone who's so opposed it, you have quite a nice collection :D
SolitaryDarknessJul 4, 2015 2:09 PM
Jul 4, 2015 9:02 PM

Mar 2012
Angela33 said:
Imeon said:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Completely different.

Kyoukai no Kanata, was absurd, KyoAni totally changed the characters and completely rewrote the story, changed the plot and all the events of Light Novel. Kyoukai no Kanata It was practically a anime totally unique.

Hibiki had very few changes about Light Novel, an addition of yuribait in episode 8, and two original episodes 11 and 12, alé é claro do colorido tipico da KyoAni nas cenas yuribait, and the designer of the characters added the famous filter, waifu moeshit KyoAni .The rest is pretty sememlhante the Ligth Novel, including the end episode is exactly the same as the final chapter of volume 1 of Light Novel.

As I said Kyoukai no Kanata practically was a anime totally unique.
It was practically rewritten from scratch, only the loving pairing of the protagonist and the name of the characters were kept.

Okay now I'm interested in the movies. I liked what I read of the translated source but really hated all the changes they made for the anime.
Jul 5, 2015 7:17 AM

Jul 2008
I hope we have a continuation in some sort of way, anything is better than nothing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2015

453 by Hearn »»
Yesterday, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2015

394 by shichirouji »»
Apr 22, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2015

193 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Apr 18, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2015

286 by luisfunes99 »»
Apr 2, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2015

242 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 28, 3:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.