Forum Settings
Forums

Entry for Time Jam: Valerian & Laureline?

New
Jun 30, 2015 7:48 PM

Mar 2013
Why has this show not been added mal? from my understanding it was animated by satelight though it was a french-japanese collaboration based of a french comic book series and airedon french tv but wasnt it also aired in japan?

Jun 30, 2015 7:53 PM
Jul 2018
You should ask mods, OP.
Jun 30, 2015 8:03 PM

Mar 2013
I guess i'll have to do that then , I just found it a bit of odd that a chinese anime was getting an entry but this one couldn't.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/29876/Chu_Feng:_BEE
Jun 30, 2015 8:20 PM

Feb 2010
Just read the Database Guidelines.

1. The following entries are allowed in the anime database:

Professionally produced, animated works created:
in Japan for the Japanese market;
in Korea/China for the Korean/Chinese market;
as a joint production between Japan/Korea/China and another country.

That's why chinese anime are in the MAL Database.

2. The following entries will be automatically denied:

Additions that cannot be confirmed to exist/no official announcement has been made.
Shows where all work, aside from the animation, was done outside of Japan/Korea/China (e.g. directing, script, etc.). For example, if a US company outsources only the animation of a particular work to Japan, it will not be included in our database.
Foreign edits or cut versions of an anime that was broadcast outside of Japan. Information about such edits can be placed in the More Info tab.
Trailers/ads of upcoming or aired anime. Animated commercials produced for the Japanese market will be allowed only if they are of decent length and have substantial plot. (e.g. Superflat Monogram)
Game cut-scenes.
Live action shows.
Manga panels or visual novel style stills, with and without voice acting.

And that's probably why Time Jam isn't in the DB. From what I can tell the directing and script writing was all done by the French.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 30, 2015 8:34 PM

Mar 2013
Ahhh I see ,never noticed that before so time jam was never actually released in japan, I noticed the wiki mentioned that it was also in japanese so I assumed it was . Thanks for the info man
Jul 1, 2015 9:32 AM

Apr 2010
Thread moved

Thread moved to the Anime DB board.
Sep 8, 2016 10:43 AM

Jan 2014
I get why it doesn't have a MAL entry, but it should have, and it had in the past.

It deserves to be on MAL and both production and direction were anout 50% Japanese. Besides, classifying 'anime' based on geography is silly, it's a style. Especially, if you're going to group Japanese, Korean and Chinese together anyway.

Necroïng this thread because the original episodes have officially been released in 480p on YouTube:

"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 9, 2016 1:08 AM

Jan 2011
Laionidas said:
It deserves to be on MAL and both production and direction were anout 50% Japanese.

They helped with the production; less than half though. And took no part the direction.
You'd know if you read the opening and ending credits in the actual show like I did.

It's no different than 99% of American cartoons being animation in South Korea.

Styles are subjective.

I don't think Time Jam's art style looks like anime.
Anime looks like this: https://vimeo.com/19956167
Minamo is my favourite! That means 99.9% of MAL's database isn't anime and should be removed.
/s

We should go back to our roots of anime. Anime's looks like this because it was invented it looked this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlmgatGa63A
Urashima Tarou (1931)
Anything made past 1950 that doesn't look like that black and white style isn't anime because it's not pure real original anime. Everything modern is just a Disney knock off Betty Boop cartoon.
/s

Excuse you. Anime is very distinct with its style of pointy chins. Your piece of crap cartoons of K-ON and Berserk aren't anime. Code Geass and Kaji are. It's only anime if the character can poke your eye out with their chin.
/s

Just because you think anime looks like XYZ doesn't mean someone else thinks the same. But a country is concrete. Geographical borders don't change from person to person (sorry Tibet). Databases are meant for concrete information. Not willy nilly emotional subjective things "styles". Anime right now in 2016 (as a whole) looked nothing like anime in 1970 (as a whole) and both of those looked nothing like anime in 1930 (as a whole). Anime styles change.
lanbladeSep 9, 2016 1:13 AM
Apr 18, 2020 3:42 PM
Aug 2019
I might be (a few years) late to the party but by what I understand from MAL rules & guidelines this should have a MAL entry since the show had at least
2 Japanese production coordinators,
the design staff seemed to involve a significant portion of Japanese character and mech designers
and the assistant director was also Japanese.

Which makes it a collaborative production between French and Japanese and at least it's pretty certain that not *all work* (aside from animation) was made outside of Japan.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Modification Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - May 15, 2016

8686 by Psychomorphosis »»
10 hours ago

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

681 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Apr 24, 7:33 AM

» My Daemon ( 1 2 )

marcolacson - Nov 26, 2023

50 by veduHMY »»
Apr 23, 3:36 PM

» will the Scott Pilgrim anime be added to the database? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GanjiTheDude - Mar 30, 2023

756 by YoshiYogurt »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

» Could we stop having Justin Cook at the start of every anime entry's staff list?

El-Melloi - Jul 29, 2023

10 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 20, 11:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.