Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 1, 2015 6:47 PM

Jan 2015
Kokoro-kun said:
I really hate how people look down on people who commit suicide. I hear it all too often. Things like "If that idiot killed himself, then he probably deserved it. What a selfish prick."

Yes of course, suicide is selfish. But it's still a valid fucking choice. If a person doesn't want to live, then they have every right to choose to do so.

So yes. Suicide should be legal, and it shouldn't be looked down on. People need to stop acting like guru's on life, and let people do what the fuck they want.

Took the words right outta my mouth......sorta.

The only problem I have with suicide being legal is that a lot of people who want to commit suicide (I've had to talk to a few friends about it, so I know.) don't fully understand the impact that it will have on others. Now, I'm not saying I have a solution for this problem, (maybe a some kind of legal form that has to be signed by the participant detailing all the consequences or something. Maybe someone else here can do the heavy lifting for me.) but It's still an issue that needs to be addressed before it becomes legal.
Jul 1, 2015 6:49 PM

Mar 2014
_Generik_ said:
Kokoro-kun said:
I really hate how people look down on people who commit suicide. I hear it all too often. Things like "If that idiot killed himself, then he probably deserved it. What a selfish prick."

Yes of course, suicide is selfish. But it's still a valid fucking choice. If a person doesn't want to live, then they have every right to choose to do so.

So yes. Suicide should be legal, and it shouldn't be looked down on. People need to stop acting like guru's on life, and let people do what the fuck they want.

The only problem I have with suicide being legal is that a lot of people who want to commit suicide (I've had to talk to a few friends about it, so I know.) don't fully understand the impact that it will have on others. Now, I'm not saying I have a solution for this problem, (maybe a some kind of legal form that has to be signed by the participant detailing all the consequences or something. Maybe someone else here can do the heavy lifting for me.) but It's still an issue that needs to be addressed before it becomes legal.

Just reading the form may make someone want to kill themself.
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
Jul 1, 2015 6:52 PM

Jan 2015
Rumanshi-xanic said:
_Generik_ said:

Just reading the form may make someone want to kill themself.

Again, that was just a suggestion off the top of my head. A form obviously wouldn't work for a multitude or reasons. But some kind of safety net or legal barrier would have to be installed if legal suicide were to become a reality.
Jul 1, 2015 6:55 PM

Oct 2013
No, please do not make suicide legal. It'll just let more people kill themselves and not think about the consequences.

No...
Jul 1, 2015 7:00 PM

Mar 2014
So, because I'm lazy, I'll just direct you here.

Before you simply say yes because it's a right, I'll ask you to consider the implications more deeply and actually research into the problem. Thanks.

Yes, this is in reference to people with diseases, but it's the most I can offer for the moment.
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Jul 1, 2015 7:48 PM

Jan 2015
Ur making suicide legal but not death penalty????? Smh
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jul 1, 2015 8:28 PM

Feb 2015
If you have suicide booths, it'll be less than a year before a case shows up where someone's bereaved family want to persecute someone else for insulting their child moments before that child entered the booth.

Freedom of speech will be stuck with another mighty blow.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Jul 1, 2015 8:29 PM

Mar 2014
suicide is illegal because murder is illegal.
Redheadphones said:
The 'Children' continue to flock around me. They see me as a guide on their path to salvation. They wish to transcend their powerless existences, to grow from mere boys and girls into men and women of worth and value.

Pick a number between 1-4 and hope to get lucky.
1 2 3 4
Jul 1, 2015 9:12 PM

Jun 2015
Meh. If some idiot wants would kill themselves, they should be able to do that.

Obviously, there needs to be a limit and a checker of sorts or else half the teenage population will be dead in six months.

Suicide itself seems like a disgusting thing to do IMObut it's better than a person who doesn't want to live wasting what could be my share of resources.
-_-
Jul 1, 2015 9:13 PM

Mar 2014
DramaticBucket said:

Obviously, there needs to be a limit and a checker of sorts or else half the teenage population will be dead in six months.

Suicide itself seems like a disgusting thing to do IMObut it's better than a person who doesn't want to live wasting what could be my share of resources.

Why don't we just kill everyone who's not contributing to society.
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Jul 2, 2015 8:38 AM

Jun 2015
Rumanshi-xanic said:
DramaticBucket said:

Maybe because a lot of those people want to live? It's the people who act like their life is meaningless and that there's no other option except for suicide that my post was for.

NEETS and others are still cool.
-_-
Jul 2, 2015 8:56 AM

Jun 2012
DramaticBucket said:
Rumanshi-xanic said:

Maybe because a lot of those people want to live? It's the people who act like their life is meaningless and that there's no other option except for suicide that my post was for.

NEETS and others are still cool.

So people who "waste your resources" (whatever that means) deserve to be killed, but NEETs who do it while laughing at you deserve to live? That doesn't make any sense.

"Meh. If some idiot wants would kill themselves, they should be able to do that.

Obviously, there needs to be a limit and a checker of sorts "

Another contradiction which shows you have no idea what you're even talking about
People who are suicidal are not "idiots", they are mentally ill. It seemss the concept of mentally ill is difficult for your shallow little brain to comprehend.

Also, NEETs aren't "cool" they are also mentally ill, or mindlessly selfish, or at least butthurt about society for some reason. And either way they need help, if that means getting kicked out like the parasites they are then so be it if that helps them become members of society.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
TyrelJul 2, 2015 5:43 PM
Shoot first, think never.
Jul 2, 2015 9:16 AM

Dec 2014
Where is suicide illegal? Who is being prosecuted for killing themselves?
Jul 2, 2015 9:18 AM

Aug 2014
MidnightLPA said:
Everywhere, apparently. This is the first time I've ever heard of this so the people here might be lying.

Nice double post, by the way.
Jul 2, 2015 9:24 AM

Apr 2014
MechaKiryu said:
MidnightLPA said:
Everywhere, apparently. This is the first time I've ever heard of this so the people here might be lying.

Nice double post, by the way.
There are some countries where you can legally be euthanised by injection. I think it's like that simpsons episode, they play you music you like and show scenes on a screen that are comforting to you while you're being injected and dying.

It's a really tricky subject, on the one hand it may appear merciful to let someone put themselves out of misery, on the other everyone can find something to live for with the help of other people. Plus do we really have the right to kill ourselves?
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Jul 2, 2015 9:42 AM

Jun 2015
I would prefer not to have this suicide booth. Although suicide is a valid choice that can be made by a mature adult, but I doubt that the drawback and side effect will come really quick.

Every life is equal. Think of your love one and the one who love you before deciding to suicide. There is nothing right or wrong with suicide, but I would be prefer everyone not giving up your own life until your last breath.
Jul 2, 2015 10:34 AM

Jan 2014
ShyDeath said:
I would prefer not to have this suicide booth. Although suicide is a valid choice that can be made by a mature adult, but I doubt that the drawback and side effect will come really quick.

Every life is equal. Think of your love one and the one who love you before deciding to suicide. There is nothing right or wrong with suicide, but I would be prefer everyone not giving up your own life until your last breath.

There is a lot wrong with suicide.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 2, 2015 11:16 AM
May 2015
PoeticJustice said:
Open-Dice said:

Wrong, we can't do whatever we want in life, it's called morality. In most countries it's illegal to kill people. We don't own our bodies, because we didn't create them. Our parents created us but they don't own us either, because they used their bodies to create us, which they don't own. And it goes on forever. Meaning you can't kill yourself because you don't have the right.

This logic makes no sense. If I bought something from the store, it is MINE. If you take it from me, you have stolen something I own. Just because I didn't create something, doesn't mean I don't own it.

And lol at we do not own our bodies. I can cut of my dick, I can get tattoos, I can do as much drugs(legal) as I want and no one can stop me.

Did you think this through?

Yeah! You can do whatever you want with your body.I DON'T CARE.But if you have the right to do whatever you want with your body doesn't make the thing you are doing right or correct.You see suicide is wrong.I am telling you people who suicide are mentally ill,THEY NEED TREATMENT.THEY ARE GOING THROUGH HARD TIMES.THEIR DECISION TO SUICIDE IS WROOOOOONG.NOT CORRECT.They are not aware enough to think correctly.SO THEIR DECISIONS ARE NOT CORRECT.And seriously? We are talking about suicide.Suicide can branch into self harm.Those are wrong decisions.We are not talking about your tattoos here.That's clearly a different thing.Don't mix things! I can eat whatever i want,i can say whatever i want,i can do whatever IN THE RIGHT WAY.GUYS.no one is telling you what you must do.We are just stating the obvious here.
Jul 2, 2015 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
MidnightLPA said:

It's not something they'll try to prosecute someone for. It's "illegal" so that first responders have an immediate warrant to enter a property to try to revive them if they've attempted it.
Jul 2, 2015 3:42 PM

Jan 2015
PureBlueSF said:
MidnightLPA said:

It's not something they'll try to prosecute someone for. It's "illegal" so that first responders have an immediate warrant to enter a property to try to revive them if they've attempted it.

I didn't know that. Interesting.
Jul 2, 2015 4:31 PM

Aug 2013
This thread is silly. What does it matter if suicide was legal and had a booth? anyone can suicide anyway, regardless of law or a device to do it. You can suicide at 14 with a kitchen knife, seriously how is this a topic of conversation if its right or not.
Jul 2, 2015 4:33 PM

Feb 2015
There can be no laws over suicide.

Even if you make suicide illegal..do you think the person who is going to be committing the act will give a fuck? He/she will not cease to exist, the law will have absolutely no impact over them.
Hello
Jul 2, 2015 4:56 PM

Jan 2015

Spooks_McBones said:
This thread is silly. What does it matter if suicide was legal and had a booth? anyone can suicide anyway, regardless of law or a device to do it. You can suicide at 14 with a kitchen knife, seriously how is this a topic of conversation if its right or not.
teruu said:
Even if you make suicide illegal..do you think the person who is going to be committing the act will give a fuck? He/she will not cease to exist, the law will have absolutely no impact over them.

By making suicide legal a governing body would show that they approve of suicide on a moral level. Yes, the person committing suicide isn't affected by the law directly, but showing public approval for something can have an effect regardless.
Jul 2, 2015 5:12 PM

Mar 2014
_Generik_ said:

Spooks_McBones said:
teruu said:

By making suicide legal a governing body would show that they approve of suicide on a moral level. Yes, the person committing suicide isn't affected by the law directly, but showing public approval for something can have an effect regardless.

Showing support for suicide is a negative for those going to try and commit it. (This is depending on the situation, but mostly, negative)
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Jul 2, 2015 5:48 PM

Aug 2013
_Generik_ said:

I can tell you that the law doesn't even come into consideration with a suicidal individual.
Jul 2, 2015 5:51 PM

Jan 2015
Spooks_McBones said:
_Generik_ said:

I can tell you that the law doesn't even come into consideration with a suicidal individual.

I never said it did. The person committing suicide is not the only one affected by their actions and whether or not a governing body approves of those actions can change the effects they have on other people.
Jul 2, 2015 5:58 PM

Aug 2013
_Generik_ said:

I never said it did. The person committing suicide is not the only one affected by their actions and whether or not a governing body approves of those actions can change the effects they have on other people.

You know the real reason is most likely:

PureBlueSF said:
MidnightLPA said:

Jul 2, 2015 6:02 PM

Mar 2013
MrHawkeye said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember suicide booths in futurama.

probably where op got it from

the idea of suicide booths seems pretty funny to me but suicide sucks
Jul 2, 2015 6:03 PM

Jan 2015
Spooks_McBones said:
_Generik_ said:

You know the real reason is most likely:

PureBlueSF said:

mhm, among other things. Such as the possible negative political backlash received by approving of something that many people consider "immoral". Or the fact that no country wants its own workforce to kill itself.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

21 by Taiyaa »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 6 hours ago

10 by BitChilly »»
24 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 12 hours ago

9 by tsukareru »»
1 hour ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

39 by ProGoddess »»
2 hours ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

25 by KitsuFrost »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.