Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 7, 2015 4:35 AM
Mar 2012
Initially titled "Tales of 20th Anniversary Animation"

Key visual:

Official site: http://20th-anime.tales-ch.jp/

Info on the anime adaption announcement PV: http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=1382

Game opening to tease what is coming:
-Karoshi-Dec 15, 2015 12:12 AM
Jun 7, 2015 5:01 AM

Jan 2013
Somehow the worst one of the series gets an adaptation.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 7, 2015 5:05 AM
Mar 2012
Higher quality key visual:

PV:
-Karoshi-Jun 7, 2015 5:09 AM
Jun 7, 2015 5:09 AM

Dec 2013
This looks very cool actually.
Jun 7, 2015 5:58 AM

Sep 2009
DawnJ said:

People still butthurt that they have to buy a patch to play as Alisha.

No one cares about your opinion. The game still were one of the best-selling parts of Tales of...
Jun 7, 2015 6:07 AM

Jan 2013
Nachtwandler_21 said:
DawnJ said:

People still butthurt that they have to buy a patch to play as Alisha.

No one cares about your opinion. The game still were one of the best-selling parts of Tales of...

That totally answers why game shops in Japan bought the used packages for <100 yen after release and how it is a third of the releasing price now and is a KOTY candidate.

Nachtwandler_21 said:
No one cares about your opinion.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/product-reviews/B00O9SR9NK/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_link_1/378-3010005-4384801?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending
why not. the stars, do you even count?
DawnJJun 7, 2015 6:11 AM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 7, 2015 7:44 AM

Jun 2012
How bad Zestiria is or not...

Eyyy ufotable animation. I am curious how they're handling it since it's tagged as "beyond Zestiria" and including a new character.
Tutturu ~
Jun 7, 2015 8:09 AM

Jul 2014
DawnJ said:

20th anniversary.

Edit: Seems you haven't played Tempest.
"Hi!"
Jun 7, 2015 9:03 AM

May 2013
Although the pv didn´t impress me I´ll stay positive.

I´ll put my faith in Ufotable
Jun 7, 2015 1:33 PM

Jun 2014
Somehow I suddenly became sceptic about this. I was so hyped when they announced it but after taking a close look, that "The Shepherd's Journey transcends Zestiria" thing and the new character, it seems to be... a filler story? Idk, but I'm a huge fan of ToZ and think highly about ufotable, so I'm still looking forward to this. And the PV was quite OK, there's surely gonna be more. I'm just going to wait for more info.
Jun 7, 2015 1:54 PM
Mar 2012
Niyane said:
Somehow I suddenly became sceptic about this. I was so hyped when they announced it but after taking a close look, that "The Shepherd's Journey transcends Zestiria" thing and the new character, it seems to be... a filler story? Idk, but I'm a huge fan of ToZ and think highly about ufotable, so I'm still looking forward to this. And the PV was quite OK, there's surely gonna be more. I'm just going to wait for more info.
There are speculations that Zestiria will be adapted and ufotable will also go beyond and animate a sequel.
Jun 7, 2015 11:33 PM

May 2014
Hopefully this'll be good.
Animation is godly as usual, but I was a bit disappointed in their Fate/Stay night work, so I hope God Eater and this are consistently good.

Jun 8, 2015 11:07 AM

Oct 2007
Tales of Drama and Jumping To Conclusions 20th Anniversary Animation
Jun 8, 2015 11:12 AM

Sep 2011
YEEART said:
DawnJ said:

20th anniversary.

Edit: Seems you haven't played Tempest.
or innocence, god damn that game was a trainwreck and worst of all it taunts you by getting good about 28 hours into the game then promptly ending at the 29th hour

I dont care how supposedly bad zestiria is, its gameplay at least isnt the fustrations of being stuck in a corridor 100% of the game as incredibly frequently randomly spawned enemies fly towards you so you cant get around them forcing you to tediously fight almost every 5 seconds. For fucks sake the final "dungeon" of that game was a fucking single spiral staircase and thats it, not even exagerating its 1 hour of the same fucking staircase. Fuck innocence

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 10, 2015 2:32 PM
Aug 2012
UFOHYPE
Jun 14, 2015 7:13 PM

May 2012
nice to see ufotable finally putting some of that fate money to use :p
Jun 25, 2015 2:53 AM

May 2014
Hmm.. Haven't played all the "Tales of" games yet, but I have heard of the bad rep this one gets..

Oh well, just the fact that ufotable is animating it is enough for me.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Sep 2, 2015 3:16 PM
Oct 2014
Lungs said:
Extrieve said:
Although the pv didn´t impress me I´ll stay positive.

I´ll put my faith in Ufotable

^

With you on that.
Sep 2, 2015 3:18 PM

Jul 2015
Looking forward to this.

Oct 17, 2015 12:59 PM

Sep 2013
after playing for about 10 hours i gotta say zestiria has one of the more....simpler stories from the tales of series, but its still a pretty fun game and i like it anyway
i got no gif for my signature..... imagine some cool swords clashing and light and fighting everywhere!
Oct 22, 2015 8:19 AM

Aug 2012
THE GAME IS ON PC

CAPS LOCK REQUIRED.

OMGOMGOMG.
Oct 23, 2015 9:05 PM

May 2013
ufotable will most likely do really well drawing out the fantasy element of a Tales of Series, but I just fear for a Game to Anime element, most of these series never really turned out really well.
One of the biggest question that I have is about the development of the MC(Sorey) of how they'll show their way into making him grow stronger and stuff(are they gonna be doing a lot of action to show his development or just rush on into the story and showing is development quickly?), honestly if the series is put into a 12ep, I think it will be a failure(plot wise), but I still do look forward to the anime(I prob do prefer it as a game overall still), what I look forward to most is how uforable will work it's magic and bring a good fantasy action like how they did with fate series. (the short 40min ep was pretty decent too)

ToZ didn't have much of a story(there were a few events that did got me all excited, but there wasn't that element of an unexpected twist to the plot, the plot pretty much stayed all the way to the end), but I still did enjoyed the game xD(Tales fan)

uforable pretty much also did all the other Tales Of Ovas, etc. and they were pretty good for going from a Game to an Anime

Animations from the game cut scenes were really nice too, as expected from uforable, looking forward to what they'll bring us in the anime

Note: I ship SoreyxRosa, forget Alisha :D
Edna so kawaii
xBrokenOct 23, 2015 9:16 PM
Nov 1, 2015 6:46 AM
Jul 2018
I will most likely watch this, but couldn't they have made a Tales Of Xillia anime first?
Nov 3, 2015 1:56 AM

Sep 2011
Even more excited this got an adaptation, now that I just finished the Game on PC recently. While the story is pretty simple, I can still see this being pretty good... depending on how they adapt it.
Nov 14, 2015 11:28 AM

Sep 2013
happyfaceZX said:
I will most likely watch this, but couldn't they have made a Tales Of Xillia anime first?

yes!! thank you!
i got no gif for my signature..... imagine some cool swords clashing and light and fighting everywhere!
Dec 4, 2015 3:27 AM

Jul 2009
I just want a Tales of Graces anime is that too much to ask. ;~;
Dec 15, 2015 12:07 AM
Mar 2012
Newly titled "Tales of Zestiria the X," coming 2016.

Official site: http://toz-thex-anime.tales-ch.jp/

Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/TOZtheX

Source: http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/179/1179256/
-Karoshi-Dec 15, 2015 12:23 AM
Dec 15, 2015 1:06 AM
Mar 2012
New key visual:

Dec 21, 2015 2:49 AM
Jul 2018
I'm wondering if it will be some kind of crossover between Zestiria and the Xillia games (thus the "X" in the title and showing Xillia scenes in the preview), and because those are the only Tales games ufotable has done animated cutscenes for. Tales series also LOVES doing crossover type spinoff games featuring characters from all of their mothership titles in one game.

It's probably a stretch but I also wonder if it's a crossover, if it will link the two games together somehow? Neither Xillia or Zestiria had a full world map... Zestiria all took place on one continent and Xillia was on an island. Zestiria could have taken place in the distant past or something. idk... I'm just trying to think about how they could make a story that may make a crossover of these games become plausible lol.

...Assuming it is a crossover, but that is what it hints at to me at this point.
Dec 21, 2015 4:24 AM

Jul 2013
I like Xillia and Vesperia more but I'll give this a try. Not too hopeful though because I didn't like the Symphonia adaptation.
Dec 24, 2015 8:47 AM
Aug 2008
I haven't played any, but I've seen all the animated Tales of out there apart from Phantasia. I liked all of them. That's why I'm really looking forward of watching this. I'm also interested in watching Phantasia, as from what I've seen they really know how to adapt there thing.
Dec 24, 2015 8:49 AM

Sep 2011
Zestiria was shitty so im salty that the much better xillia 1 and 2 arent getting an adaption. Zestiria wasnt as bad as people built it out to be but its definitely on the low end of the franchise.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 24, 2015 9:19 AM

Oct 2014
JizzyHitler said:
Zestiria was shitty so im salty that the much better xillia 1 and 2 arent getting an adaption. Zestiria wasnt as bad as people built it out to be but its definitely on the low end of the franchise.

Preach.

Seeing Alvin's fully animated antics would send me to heaven and back.
Dec 24, 2015 9:21 AM

Sep 2011
D3pthCharge said:
JizzyHitler said:

Preach.

Seeing Alvin's fully animated antics would send me to heaven and back.
I more want to see xillia 2 adapted more than anything so we can all enjoy ludger suffering but with him as an actual character

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 14, 2016 12:21 AM

Jul 2010
I'm so excited for this!! I hope it will be a full series and not just a special.
Feb 8, 2016 2:03 AM

Sep 2011
JizzyHitler said:
Late post here, but I'm kinda confused why Xillia didn't get a story instead. The only good thing about Zestiria imho was the different way of using skills. The story was very, very rushed and bad.
TyrelFeb 8, 2016 2:43 AM
Feb 8, 2016 2:42 AM

Sep 2011
Tyrel said:
JizzyHitler said:
Late post here, but I'm kinda confused why Xillia didn't ger a story instead. The only good thing about Zestiria imho was the different way of using skills. The story was very, very rushed and bad.
my only guess is that they stupidly greenlit this anime before the game ever actually came out and the reception was so bad, same for berseria though i dont think that one is going to suck automatically like some do just cause its in the same world as symphonia and phantasia show how little that actually means in relevance to eachother, i doubt most people even realize those are the same world.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 22, 2016 1:11 AM

Nov 2011
Mar 22, 2016 1:34 AM

Nov 2012
Tales of Abyss, best story
Tales of Symphonia, best overall world
Tales of Vsperia, did not play :(
Tales of Grace, best gameplay
Tales of Xillia, replay value
Tales of Zesteria, best soundtrack

I'm on the other hand am not so negative about Zestiria. The leveling up system for example was the best one yet in the tales series imo. Of course the soundtrack too but als the overworld setting felt kind of special and there is quit a lot to do in it also. Also on characters these series never really did disappoint. If i ha to choose Grace F had the worst characters. The characters in zesteria turned out quit nice when you got used to them.
Mar 22, 2016 3:14 PM

May 2013
I hope they will add Rising up! song, including one scene when it plays ^^
Hype!
Let justice be done, though the heavens fall.
Mar 24, 2016 11:51 AM

Sep 2010
HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

The only tales I played was this one and because I can't compare I can't have the comment like, this game was worse than others. With this I can only scream.

Well... I am played Tales of Zastria this February so my memories of it is still fresh, and I also still have some of the emptiness in myself left after finishing the game. And now I find out that there will be an anime adaptation, just a month later, by ufotable non the least.

Now then, before god eater I had large faith in ufotable because of Fate, currently my fate is somewhat lower but it stills hold high for the quality of the anime. In any case if the quality is as good as in game cutscenes, I would be okay with that. Based on few visuals we got though it should be on ufotable level, which is as high as it gets.

Next there is music, which once again shouldn't be a problem especially with Tales of Zastria already having beautiful soundtrack to which I still return from time to time.

*** (no spoilers, a little run down on the game)

So now the story... well we still don't know whatever it will be full adaptation or side episode but my guess is 12-13 episode long anime which will try to tie up the whole story. If that will be the case then there will be a lot of skipping and rushing but truth to be told it's not like everything is worth adapting.

My biggest problem with the game was first and foremost it's game's elements as the whole equipment upgrading gathering felt like a chore and also I am not fan of button smashing slashers. But I did button smash my way through the whole game as the story even though has a very simply concept:

"Let's save the world from the darkness" + plus explore some ruins for a hobby.

Is still not that bad. It's been done over and over again what's more the main character Sorey, for the most part is also that goody good hero wannabe who wants to save everyone without sacrificing anything. Typical naive hypocrite.

Still the story was good enough for me to play through it and enjoy it and while any dark element of it was covered underneath theme of the happy adventure , there are actually many dark themes inside the story that eventually even were uncovered at the very end.

Now for me the best element of the game was definitely exploration as even though it far from nowadays graphic standards, the whole world was quite sight to look at. Exploring the world with great soundtrack in the back ground that's all I wanted.

Now as for characters in general. Well Sorey is MC, it's truly hard to defend him, but I guess his character and personality were necessary for the whole story to work out and for the whole story to have "kind of good ending". Well MCs often have a lot of forced quirks. Still he isn't that bad, and at the very least his hobby for exploration was something I could relate to as that was also what I wanted to do.

Other characters. There is Mikulio, he also has a lot of typical personality quirks but they work in confrontation with Sorey and even though I am deffinitelly not of Yaoi, their bromance was very, extremly, gloriously well made. The two of them make the story going.

Other than that, the fire girl = please no... but on the other hand the earth loli, OH!! YES!! I already see all those pixiv pictures returning when the anime starts.

Then the both wind dudes are beastly, and while I am at it and I just have to mention that Zaveid has one awesome piece of soundtrack out there. ( Truey if someone is reading my long commonet here then just type in "Tales of zastria Zaveid the exile" in youtube.... DO IT)

Then there are Alisha.
Quite average and I seen this type many times but not bad by any means. Then Rose is extremly likable.

Lastly the main villan is terrible and so typical and so bad and so boring. Starting from his personality and ending at his motives and origins.

In any case, while playing the game and button smashing through it, multiple times did I thing... "ah if only I could skip the fighting part and get to the storyline, or better learn this story in different format"... now this wish has been answered. What's more, the anime has an extreme high potential for it's fighting scenes as well.

I only learned about this news before starting writing this comment but I guess right now Tales of Zastria the X suddenally became my most ancicipated anime of right now... no wait a second there is LOTGH cominc as well... ok... second most ancicipated anime of right now.

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Mar 25, 2016 6:30 PM

Mar 2015
New PV and cast + staff in the site

->http://toz-thex-anime.tales-ch.jp
Mar 26, 2016 4:39 AM

Sep 2010
Anyone really interested in the series probably already noticed but those (like me) who didn't should realize that there exist a 40min OVA called Tales of Zestiria: Doushi no Yoake

Originally it was supposed to serve as a promotion for the game but generally now it can serve as a promotion for the anime.

I generally expect the same from the anime to come.

Goodly animation and music that shows a decent but somewhat cliche story about saving the world.

Generally if that OVA was the episode zero of the series that would be rerun, I would have nothing to complain about as the only thing people will mostly complain about is something that is unavoidable in the series which is it's story and somewhat childish look on the world.
eso18Mar 26, 2016 4:44 AM
Mar 30, 2016 6:50 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
July can't get here quick enough...!

Apr 7, 2016 1:26 PM

Sep 2010
I'm only watching to see my Rose animated Tales of waifu. <3

I know her and Sorey's relationship was meant to be played out as bros/besties, but there were some scenes that made me play with the idea they could have become more than that so thats like my favorite pairing in the game next to DezeRose and SorMik.

Alisha should have been an NPC instead of a playable character she is one of the worst PCs in the Tales of franchise and her sequel DLC was shit the only thing amusing that came out of it was Rose being a boss ass bitch that she is while Alisha whines or is indecisive the entire fucking time. Don't miss her at all especially since Rose is more my type of lady anyways.

Mikleo and Dezel I loved the rest of the cast I was okay with.

Xillia had the best PCs in my opinion it needs to have an anime adaption too mostly cause I want to see Alvin's antics animated on screen and Jude looking at him like he is done with all his BS. WHERE IS ITS ADAPTION AND I WANT LUDGER TO HAVE ACTUAL SPEAKING PARTS AND HAVE DEVELOPMENT INSTEAD OF BEING A SELF INSERT.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 11, 2016 11:55 AM

Sep 2013
Roloko said:
I'm only watching to see my Rose animated Tales of waifu. <3

I know her and Sorey's relationship was meant to be played out as bros/besties, but there were some scenes that made me play with the idea they could have become more than that so thats like my favorite pairing in the game next to DezeRose and SorMik.

Alisha should have been an NPC instead of a playable character she is one of the worst PCs in the Tales of franchise and her sequel DLC was shit the only thing amusing that came out of it was Rose being a boss ass bitch that she is while Alisha whines or is indecisive the entire fucking time. Don't miss her at all especially since Rose is more my type of lady anyways.

Mikleo and Dezel I loved the rest of the cast I was okay with.

Xillia had the best PCs in my opinion it needs to have an anime adaption too mostly cause I want to see Alvin's antics animated on screen and Jude looking at him like he is done with all his BS. WHERE IS ITS ADAPTION AND I WANT LUDGER TO HAVE ACTUAL SPEAKING PARTS AND HAVE DEVELOPMENT INSTEAD OF BEING A SELF INSERT.

i agree with all most everything you say (except the shipping part, just dont....) except with the last part
no matter what path you pick for ludger and even if you mix it up, ludger got a personality and a pretty good one.
of course you can act to the two choices as two different ludgers but you can still feel a bit of "ludger" in those choices

ludger got a freaking awesome personlity even if he is doing what you say, you can still feel his personlity there

maybe you should re-play it..... and do a new game+ because you can play it with a option that enables a voice actor for ludger so....... enjoy

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

188 by bushman66 »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

138 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

105 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

128 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jul 10, 2016

220 by bushman66 »»
Nov 22, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.