Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 28, 2015 5:59 AM

Feb 2014
In episode 4, he just gave a hint for the girl he likes, which is Y. However, in the light novel when he was about to confess he got cut off, with the initial being "Yu" (pretty vague)

Do you guys think it's actually Yukino?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 28, 2015 6:03 AM

Jan 2015
Probable options: Yukinoshita Haruno, Yukinoshita Yukino

Plausible options: Yumiko (Miura), Yuigahama Yui

Improbable options: Yoshiteru (Zaimokuza)

Impossible options: You, Your Mama
Apr 28, 2015 6:04 AM

Sep 2012
Are they're an other characters whose name starts with Y?

Because if not, who else would it be? They wouldn't go through the trouble of making it all mysterious and dramatic and whatever if it was just gonna end up being some random ass person we don't even know or care about.

Edit: oh, like everybody's name starts with "yu" lol
Apr 28, 2015 6:05 AM

Jul 2012
I misread that as Heymn

How disappointing
Have some Heyman cuteness
הלב שלי כבר מת
Apr 28, 2015 6:08 AM
Apr 2013
Most probably Yukino since he went out of his way a few times just to help her.
Apr 28, 2015 6:18 AM

Apr 2012
My guess is on haruno
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 28, 2015 6:32 AM
Aug 2012
"Yukino wasn't chosen again"................a certain Yukinoshita Haruno said that in the first season.

My guess is Haruno.

Apr 28, 2015 7:23 AM
Apr 2015
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
"Yukino wasn't chosen again"................a certain Yukinoshita Haruno said that in the first season.

My guess is Haruno.

I think so too. He's practically at her beck and call.
Apr 28, 2015 12:29 PM
Jan 2015
I am currently convinced it is Haruno, although I could change my mind if a decent enough theory is made against it.
指が折れるまで!
Apr 28, 2015 12:30 PM

Sep 2014
Haruno is the most plausible one. I would be happy if it was Miura though
Apr 28, 2015 10:29 PM

Jan 2010
even hayama likes hikigaya,

maybe its you*

hikigaya x hayama/ poor saika
Apr 28, 2015 11:19 PM

May 2010
supracseduch said:

Why do you think it is?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 28, 2015 11:45 PM

Apr 2013
Hayama and Yukino were childhood friends (?)
Hayama obviously admires Haruno
Hayama makes sad face when he tells Hachiman that Haruno annoys/teases/messes with people she takes interest in. Pretty much implying that she has no interest in Hayama as a person.
Yukino "wasn't chosen." So...might have had a crush on Hayama, but Hayama wanted Haruno instead..?
>Does whatever Haruno tells him to. Her bitch.

So yeah, definitely Haruno.
Apr 29, 2015 3:21 AM
Aug 2012
Probably not Yumiko, was mentioned in LN by Tobe or Yui... forgot who said it lol
Apr 29, 2015 7:27 AM

Jan 2011
supracseduch said:

rofl.

jokes aside, it should be probably yukino since he mentioned he wanted to fix something that was broken in the past.
Apr 29, 2015 8:10 AM
Apr 2015
moyang said:
Probably not Yumiko, was mentioned in LN by Tobe or Yui... forgot who said it lol

I think it was 8man
Apr 29, 2015 7:18 PM

May 2012
worldeditor11 said:

Are you reading the same novel as I am ?

You know he did planned out the student council position to push to someone else right ?

Dude is saving his own ass. He always watch yukino get slaughter and will just say ''now now enough''.

And tell me how he help her at volume 9 and 10. Other than ignoring the rumors ?

Jesus
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Apr 29, 2015 7:19 PM

May 2012
crezden said:
yukino is the only girl he seemingly can't get close to at all, so i think it's her (plus the way he was talking sounded like he felt she was out of his reach)

cause she hates pretentious people

In the novel , its clear hayama likes haruno @@
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Apr 29, 2015 7:26 PM
Apr 2013
Tommk said:

You know he did planned out the student council position to push to someone else right ?

Dude is saving his own ass. He always watch yukino get slaughter and will just say ''now now enough''.

LOL

Tommk said:

And tell me how he help her at volume 9 and 10. Other than ignoring the rumors ?

LOL

Tommk said:

Jesus

Now now don't bring Jesus into this.

Tommk said:

In the novel , its clear hayama likes haruno @@

Very clear LOL.
Apr 29, 2015 8:14 PM

May 2012
LOL JESUS JESUS LOL

Its in the song already, get over with it.

Please don't talk shit if you know nothing and start reading. Come up with some counter arguments or make a list of what hayama did to help her instead of being haruno's pet.

Replying LoL does not solve anything @_@
Apr 30, 2015 5:52 PM

Nov 2007
He actually wanted to say

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 30, 2015 6:32 PM

May 2008
Tommk said:

Please don't talk shit if you know nothing and start reading

Please use spoiler button. Not everyone like read novels or mangas so stop think you are better just because you read the original story...
Apr 30, 2015 8:12 PM

May 2012
Haou-Judai said:
Tommk said:

Please don't talk shit if you know nothing and start reading

Please use spoiler button. Not everyone like read novels or mangas so stop think you are better just because you read the original story...

then don't assume without a point. @_@

So far in this anime series, I don't remember hayama going out of the way to help yukinon ?

Thus, that leaves to the novel, which leads to my post.

FALLOUT4Apr 30, 2015 8:25 PM
Apr 30, 2015 8:37 PM

Nov 2007
Tommk said:
Haou-Judai said:

then don't assume without a point. @_@

So far in this anime series, I don't remember hayama going out of the way to help yukinon ?

Thus, that leaves to the novel, which leads to my post.

If you want to reveal something from the novel, you can always use a spoiler tag. It shows a bit of consideration towards fellow fans who only follow the anime. :)

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 30, 2015 8:40 PM

Sep 2013
Tommk said:
worldeditor11 said:

Jesus
DeigerApr 30, 2015 8:47 PM
- My creativity is plummeting. -
Apr 30, 2015 9:49 PM

May 2012
Deiger1111 said:
Tommk said:

Jesus

not sure we are reading the same novel or not
FALLOUT4Apr 30, 2015 9:57 PM
Apr 30, 2015 10:02 PM

May 2012
Apr 30, 2015 10:10 PM

Jan 2015
NudeBear said:
Hayama and Yukino were childhood friends (?)
Hayama obviously admires Haruno
Hayama makes sad face when he tells Hachiman that Haruno annoys/teases/messes with people she takes interest in. Pretty much implying that she has no interest in Hayama as a person.
Yukino "wasn't chosen." So...might have had a crush on Hayama, but Hayama wanted Haruno instead..?
>Does whatever Haruno tells him to. Her bitch.

So yeah, definitely Haruno.
May 1, 2015 12:53 AM

Jan 2012
Deiger1111 said:
Tommk said:

Jesus

Helping out campaign speech = Helping yukinon genuine. Are you retarded ?

I'm not sure whether you are reading the same novel or are you desperate in finding points.

As for the main point of this post, it's obvious hayama likes haruno. Stop derailing the thread
Kappa-ingMay 1, 2015 1:01 AM
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
May 1, 2015 12:55 AM

Jan 2012
Tommk said:

and this
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
May 1, 2015 3:15 AM
Apr 2013
Hmm, two idiots spewing nonsense in the same thread. Oh well, I will take the bait.

First off, the initial mentioned by Hayama, "Yu". What does it mean? Who does it refer to is the key in deciding who does Hayama likes. Let's use this post to get our list of candidates shall we?

supracseduch said:

Now, since both improbable and impossible options are close to zero in terms of possibility, it is safe for us to leave those two options out. This leaves us with only two options.

supracseduch said:

"Yu". If people asked you to name a person with only her/his initial, which name would you use, her/his family name or her/his given name? Again, I assume based on my own observations and logic that most sensible people will always refer to their given name rather the family name. Myself included and I think most of you will be the same. In both mediums, Hayama refer Yukinoshita Haruno as Haruno, so why would he suddenly refer Haruno as Yukinoshita by using the inital "Yu"? This just doesn't make any sense. Unless Hayama is as retarded as fender/spacebar/undecisive/bandwagon user here, the chances of this happening is extremely rare. Then there is the point where Hayama clearly differentiate those two sisters as well, mixing them up by using their family name as an initial, making it even more unlikely. This inevitably leaves us with only 3 characters, Yumiko, Yui and Yukino for us to choose from.

Anything further than this is just plain assumption since no one actually knows who the girl is but at least we do know who isn't. This is what I am trying to prove here that nobody knows for sure.

Though I will admit all of these are based on my reasoning using my given knowledge in LNs so there is a chance I might be wrong. Unless you think I am not reading the same novel as you are or possessing the reading comprehension ability akin to those of a 6 year-old or both, you may think I am full of shit. Like the user named Tommk so to speak. He called me out several times to present my evidence while claiming Haruno is the one without presenting anything himself. What's more, he even avoided questions posted before him and chose to apply more claims without any basis whatsoever. Like "he is always putting a facade.". Or even "Its pretty clear that he don't want to be the student council president if you actually read properly." for example. Big words I say but no actual examples to support his claims. Hayama is always putting a facade what? How on earth you can reach that conclusion? You claimed so with no concrete support to follow through your statement. Are you implying you are just making things up as you go? Or maybe you know "But that's just me, judging things." again excuse?

Till now, Tommk is still spewing shit he ate from McD without backing up since his first post in this thread as I will prove now. No worries as it is spoiler free.

Tommk said:

Started off with questioning my ability to read and comprehend literature. A pitiful insult in other words. Totally a great way to start up a proper discussion.

Tommk said:

I will spare questioning your writing ability as I am more concerned with your source of information. Nowhere in both the anime and the LN provide such information. Again, spewing nothing but shit. Dieger asked you this but you reply vaguely by just going roundabout the main issue.

Tommk said:

Yup, slaughtered by Haruno that is. Both of them to be more accurate. How the hell you expect him to save Yukino when he can't even save himself? No, Hayama is not Hachiman and there is the admiration including superiority factor as well. Hachiman even admitted he can't deal with Haruno and usually keep quiet throughout their conversation. Is Hachiman any different compared to Hayama? No.

Tommk said:

Oh please the reason why he helped yukino in her campaign speeches was just not to enter the campaign . Its pretty clear that he don't want to be the student council president if you actually read properly.

Oh please, the possibility of him running as a student council president is near zero anyway. Why would he become a student council president when he was loaded with club activities being a president of the soccer club? All three members admitted Hayama is not a viable candidate despite his ability due to his busy schedule and aforementioned responsibilities. That's why Yukino planned to ran as a candidate. Hayama doesn't need to do anything because people will be against it, especially the teacher-adviser of soccer club and its members. So, why would he need to do anything in the first place when he knows that he already can't given the circumstances? It's the matter of he can't do it rather he don't want to do it so to speak.

Tommk said:

Hayama main motive in the entire novel is to protect his face and maintain his image. I won't call that as helping yukino. Seems like a good guy, but isn't.

Uh huh. Everyone has some image to maintain and expectations to be fulfilled, not just Hayama. By your logic, no one is helping Yukino. Not even Hachiman considering he too has an image to maintain and obligations as a club member.

Tommk said:

As with Haruno, did u even see a time where he helped yukino in any of their conversation (Not just once, but many times ) ? Don't avoid this topic, the only thing he did is shake it off and laugh it off. Some of it is the truth but does that mean all of it is ? Favoritism or obedient ?

The one who is avoiding the topic is you. You are cherry-picking on the fact whether Hayama helped Yukino or not whenever a situation involves Haruno. Both Yukino and Hayama admire Haruno since they were kids and believe they can't surpass her as a person. As such, Haruno is like some sort of an idol to them. Haruno is aware of this fact and tend to tease them about it. Can they do anything about it? Not really because both Yukino and Hayama know it as truth and attempt nothing to deny it.

Tommk said:

So basically from your conver, the only time when he help is the camp ? That's called always helped when its counted ? Ey lmao, read your entire conver, and tell me the only time he helped was the small matter at the camp. That's basically my point.

No, your point basically amounted to nothing. You have proven nothing and presented nothing to support your theory on why Haruno is a more likely candidate than Yukino. First is the Kawasaki case. Second is the summer camp. Third is the festival committee(the anime omitted the part where Hayama actually wanted to visit Yukino when she was absent from school). Fourth is the camping speech. Small matter? Can't be classified as helping? When you consider a person went out of his way just to assist another person is not helping, I don't know what is.

Tommk said:

not sure we are reading the same novel or not

What a tenacious guy he is! Maybe this is an assumption, but you know, this Tommk user might be reading the wrong novel altogether. Or maybe he can't read. Man, I don't know because most of the information I have provided here are easily obtained from the anime itself.
May 1, 2015 4:59 AM
Aug 2011
I don't know, but wouldn't it be fun if were like this: Hayama (the popular guy) confesses to Yui, Yui declines saying she has someone she likes, Yui confesses directly and starts dating 8man (the loner). It would go something like this: sometimes being popular doesn't mean you have luck with love (love I mean the person you like)
May 1, 2015 5:27 AM
Apr 2015
This topic made me read the wikia of Hayama.

Haruno and Hayama call each other by their first name. It was mentioned in the light novel that he and Yukino look up to her. Haruno would also watch over them when both of their family are on business. Hayama is open towards her as much as he is open towards Hachiman.

Dear LN readers, is this right?
"I wasn’t a victim so things like pity and compassion weren’t necessary. Even though I was the one who arrogantly said that."
May 1, 2015 6:18 AM

Feb 2015
i_fauzee said:
This topic made me read the wikia of Hayama.

Haruno and Hayama call each other by their first name. It was mentioned in the light novel that he and Yukino look up to her. Haruno would also watch over them when both of their family are on business. Hayama is open towards her as much as he is open towards Hachiman.

Dear LN readers, is this right?

Yup. Although I'm not sure what being open actually means here. If it means showing his true self/being honest, then yeah, Haruno knows exactly what kind of person Hayama is.
May 1, 2015 8:01 AM

Mar 2014
nitro_cyanide said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

My guess is Haruno.

I think so too. He's practically at her beck and call.

Yup, this is correct i agrree,
May 1, 2015 8:42 AM

Dec 2014
shanimebib said:

If you want to reveal something from the novel, you can always use a spoiler tag. It shows a bit of consideration towards fellow fans who only follow the anime. :)

Is there even any point in this spoiler bbcode? People is going to read anyway.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
May 2, 2015 7:56 PM

Sep 2013
aLotQuestion said:
shanimebib said:

Is there even any point in this spoiler bbcode? People is going to read anyway.
Only those who dont mind being spoiled
Which is obviously most people, but i beg to differ
- My creativity is plummeting. -
May 2, 2015 8:19 PM

Mar 2015
It could be Yukino that Hayama likes, she have good scores, she's rich, also a great worker during the whole event in season 1.

It could also be Haruno, but I doubt it, because when someone ask who you like, you'd use their first name as in Yukino or Yui, I'm not sure if it works like that in Japan.

Yukino also an elite and a high class person, I think Hayama would be attracted to such girls. Hayama's entire harem seems to always giving him unnecessary attraction, while he could like Yukino because she's cold and different from most girls.

May 4, 2015 11:20 PM
Jan 2013
It's Haruno, clear as day. A direct quote from Hayama in the LN
Not a spoiler happened at the training camp

If it isn't obivious now, then i don't know what will convince you....
May 5, 2015 11:42 AM

Jan 2015
better not be haruno because
[spoiler]
8man x haruno
Jun 19, 2015 10:54 PM

Sep 2012
Haruno. . .
NukigeJun 19, 2015 11:03 PM
Jun 19, 2015 11:12 PM

Jun 2015
Zaimokuza Yoshiteru obviously
Jun 20, 2015 2:39 AM

Jul 2014
supracseduch said:

"Yu". If people asked you to name a person with only her/his initial, which name would you use, her/his family name or her/his given name? Again, I assume based on my own observations and logic that most sensible people will always refer to their given name rather the family name. Myself included and I think most of you will be the same. In both mediums, Hayama refer Yukinoshita Haruno as Haruno, so why would he suddenly refer Haruno as Yukinoshita by using the inital "Yu"? This just doesn't make any sense. Unless Hayama is as retarded as fender/spacebar/undecisive/bandwagon user here, the chances of this happening is extremely rare. Then there is the point where Hayama clearly differentiate those two sisters as well, mixing them up by using their family name as an initial, making it even more unlikely. This inevitably leaves us with only 3 characters, Yumiko, Yui and Yukino for us to choose from.

Anything further than this is just plain assumption since no one actually knows who the girl is but at least we do know who isn't. This is what I am trying to prove here that nobody knows for sure.

Though I will admit all of these are based on my reasoning using my given knowledge in LNs so there is a chance I might be wrong. Unless you think I am not reading the same novel as you are or possessing the reading comprehension ability akin to those of a 6 year-old or both, you may think I am full of shit. Like the user named Tommk so to speak. He called me out several times to present my evidence while claiming Haruno is the one without presenting anything himself. What's more, he even avoided questions posted before him and chose to apply more claims without any basis whatsoever. Like "he is always putting a facade.". Or even "Its pretty clear that he don't want to be the student council president if you actually read properly." for example. Big words I say but no actual examples to support his claims. Hayama is always putting a facade what? How on earth you can reach that conclusion? You claimed so with no concrete support to follow through your statement. Are you implying you are just making things up as you go? Or maybe you know "But that's just me, judging things." again excuse?

Till now, Tommk is still spewing shit he ate from McD without backing up since his first post in this thread as I will prove now. No worries as it is spoiler free.

+ nice opinion

im prefer
Y = Yukino

simple
Because He's Always There in every "big event"
except from "genuine think"
abgJun 20, 2015 2:48 AM
Jun 20, 2015 3:19 AM
Jun 2015
Supracseduch: it may be a translation difference since I have not gotten to that point in the novek yet, but if the original question was the first letter of the person's name, then Haruno is an equally likely choice.

Names are written with surname first in Japan, so "What is the first letter of her name?" for Haruno is Yu for Yukinoshita Haruno.

Hayama refers to Haruno by first name only to people he knows who Haruno is. Since it is uncertain if his usual rat pack knows Haruno, he will also not refer to her by first name either.
Jun 20, 2015 10:17 AM

Apr 2015
internet is a cruel mistress
Jun 20, 2015 11:00 AM

Mar 2015
pakyu said:

who?

Jun 21, 2015 11:48 AM

Jul 2013
One of the Yukinoshito sisters, probably Haruno.
One day we will come upon each other, and for that day my claws, teeth, ears, hands and hair are at the ready.
Jun 21, 2015 7:49 PM
Sep 2013
I had really hoped that Hayama would become a serious rival for Hikki. I know this is targeted towards males but its really odd that even though the heroines are suppose to be super cute/beautiful, popular, perfect, etc and the guy is suppose to be "dweeb", somehow its always him developing the harem while the girls are pretty much stuck with only him.

I do kinda understand why the authors do this though, even when they don't want to. They know that if they make a serious rival for a heroine, the virgin-hunting nerds would form a death-cult for her. Sometimes, she doesn't even have to show interest in other guy (in which case, it wouldn't be a serious rival anyways), but if she does show some interest, she's doomed.
Dec 4, 2016 12:08 AM

Sep 2013
Yukino , i think.
He said "Y" and he calls haruno by name, so yeah, yukino.
Sep 25, 2018 3:02 AM
Sep 2018
I don't know whom he likes but he has such a liar personality though even though his communication skills are good.

He couldn't even solve his own problems and that's why He is heavily relied under Hikigaya. Girls may fall for him for his looks but only the real ones will know how insecure and inferior he is when it comes to solving problems.

I can say that He likes Yukino as They went to Elementary class together, but he has no spine to confess it.

I'd prefer Totsuka/Yoshiteru rather than Hayato as the deuteragonist Male Character.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

421 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.