Forum Settings
Forums

Why is it seen as racist to not like Multicultures?

New
Apr 14, 2015 12:37 PM

Sep 2014
Why is it if a person wants to live in a homogeneous country?
Look at all of the multicultures in the Middle East(Syria, Iraq, Yemen) and how they are all in a state of civil war unlike More homogenous countries in the region like Jordan.
Look at Burma
Look at Yugoslavia

No matter how much we pretend that we humans can ignore races we can't, Its in human nature to be proud of your race. Why deny facts just to be politically correct?
Apr 14, 2015 12:48 PM

Jul 2011
Culture is not the same thing as race. And if you dont want to live near certain people based on the color of their skin, youre a racist
Apr 14, 2015 1:06 PM

Jul 2013
no
Apr 14, 2015 1:11 PM

Mar 2008
There is a certain level of multiculturalism that is positive and some that is too multicultural and multi ethnic and causes problems. So its not all the same.
Apr 14, 2015 1:14 PM

Feb 2005
Multiculturalism on a societal scale doesn't work, this much has been a known fact throughout all of history. Just because we aren't in the middle ages anymore doesn't magically make it function.
Even a "cultural melting pot" like the US, without any historical heritage as it is (RIP native Americans) has problems and conflicts between majority and minority cultures. At best, you get ghettoes and chinatowns where pocket societies develop and generally stay out of trouble, but all you need is a small spark to ignite a chaos of us-vs-them rhetoric, much like the recent debacle over black criminals getting shot by cops. Even at best of times multiculturalism is a veritable powder keg, ready to blow when someone lights the fuse.

Naturally, things are much more dire in Europe, where you have cultures rooted in centuries of tradition and history, who have to contend with "them" moving in and forming their own enclaves. We don't have to look very far back to see how badly things can go; the Jews in Europe had been disliked and often demonised because of their weird and clannish, insular ways and outright spite for the "goyim". Their eventual persecution was a inevitability.

Racism, ethnocentrism and skepticism to outsiders are all evolutionarily beneficial traits hardwired into our genes, they do not disappear no matter how much people tell themselves they are progressive and tolerant. All we need is a reason to be suspicious or fearful for these outsiders, whether they're heretics poisoning our wells or stealing our jobs and mooching off of welfare.

All cultures have their place, in their own ancestral lands. People moving to and fro in itself is not a problem, but when you have large populations of immigrants displacing the original population of a region and refusing to acclimatize and adapt to their host culture, shit will be almost guaranteed to hit the fan at some point.
The solution is integration and adaptation. When in Rome, do as the Romans, don't build walls around yourself because your neighbour is different.

But sadly, in several places cultural Marxism has corrupted large parts of academia (particularly the humanities, like anthropology and the SJW circlejerk fests like Women's studies) as well as holding sway over the media. Always needing to fabricate conflict for PR purposes or clickbait-whoring, scummy politicians and journalists forge the narrative and steer any critique of their destructive, progressive views into ludicrous parodies of Nazism and racism.
Luckily I don't live in Sweden.
Apr 14, 2015 1:23 PM

Jan 2014
marriage said:
Culture is not the same thing as race. And if you dont want to live near certain people based on the color of their skin, youre a racist
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 14, 2015 3:27 PM
Apr 2011
marriage said:
Culture is not the same thing as race.

I disagree, race and culture go hand in hand. Neither of us are wrong though because culture and race are both essentially contested concepts.

As far as the OP, I'd say there is nothing wrong at all with not liking multiculturalism. I hate it for the most part, but see some advantages to it as well. I'd argue with anyone who tries to say that one culture is equal to another. It's simply not true.
Apr 14, 2015 5:20 PM
Feb 2014
Baman said:
Multiculturalism on a societal scale doesn't work, this much has been a known fact throughout all of history. Just because we aren't in the middle ages anymore doesn't magically make it function.
Even a "cultural melting pot" like the US, without any historical heritage as it is (RIP native Americans) has problems and conflicts between majority and minority cultures. At best, you get ghettoes and chinatowns where pocket societies develop and generally stay out of trouble, but all you need is a small spark to ignite a chaos of us-vs-them rhetoric, much like the recent debacle over black criminals getting shot by cops. Even at best of times multiculturalism is a veritable powder keg, ready to blow when someone lights the fuse.

Naturally, things are much more dire in Europe, where you have cultures rooted in centuries of tradition and history, who have to contend with "them" moving in and forming their own enclaves. We don't have to look very far back to see how badly things can go; the Jews in Europe had been disliked and often demonised because of their weird and clannish, insular ways and outright spite for the "goyim". Their eventual persecution was a inevitability.

Racism, ethnocentrism and skepticism to outsiders are all evolutionarily beneficial traits hardwired into our genes, they do not disappear no matter how much people tell themselves they are progressive and tolerant. All we need is a reason to be suspicious or fearful for these outsiders, whether they're heretics poisoning our wells or stealing our jobs and mooching off of welfare.

All cultures have their place, in their own ancestral lands. People moving to and fro in itself is not a problem, but when you have large populations of immigrants displacing the original population of a region and refusing to acclimatize and adapt to their host culture, shit will be almost guaranteed to hit the fan at some point.
The solution is integration and adaptation. When in Rome, do as the Romans, don't build walls around yourself because your neighbour is different.

But sadly, in several places cultural Marxism has corrupted large parts of academia (particularly the humanities, like anthropology and the SJW circlejerk fests like Women's studies) as well as holding sway over the media. Always needing to fabricate conflict for PR purposes or clickbait-whoring, scummy politicians and journalists forge the narrative and steer any critique of their destructive, progressive views into ludicrous parodies of Nazism and racism.

Pretty much this. Long story short, people caring about it too much is what's wrong. Not necessarily multiculturalism itself.

Americans in general are more accepting towards minorities than Europe, so no surprise there. I'm kind of glad my parents didn't move to Germany even when they were given the chance.
Apr 14, 2015 5:50 PM

Mar 2012
Baman said:
I agree, but I don't think it's that simple. Canadians and Americans, for example, know (from our histories of interacting with natives) that aggressive integration strategies can dehumanize the "outsiders" and, at worst, devolve into thinly veiled genocide. The best solution is somewhere between the extremes of no-integration-multiculturalism and aggressive integration.

You know, let Muslims have mosques and wear whatever they want, but do not allow Islam to influence public institutions. Easier said than done.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 14, 2015 5:58 PM

Jul 2013
Baman said:

This.

Where I live, there isn't much in terms of racism besides the classic and moronic stereotypes.
I would question whether integration is the best choice to eradicate the problem. There have been attempts to do so and most of them ended up badly to say the least.
Apr 14, 2015 6:17 PM

Jul 2014
marriage said:

Just like the vast majority of the people on this planet then?, just look at how racially diverse (segregated) the united states is.

Also this whole "you're a wayyyciissst" diversity shit is only pushed on white countries, why? lol good looking people perhaps? or maybe white people are so thoroughly domesticated and civilized that to the uncivilized bloodsuckers in the outside world they're nothing more then literal doormats to be taken advantage of.
Apr 14, 2015 6:18 PM
Apr 2014
MdDaniels said:
marriage said:

Just like the vast majority of the people on this planet then?, just look at how racially diverse (segregated) the united states is.

Also this whole "you're a wayyyciissst" diversity shit is only pushed on white countries, why? lol good looking people perhaps? or maybe white people are so thoroughly domesticated and civilized that to the uncivilized bloodsuckers in the outside world they're nothing more then literal doormats to be taken advantage of.
LOL it's like you copy-pasted that from /pol/
Apr 14, 2015 6:22 PM

Mar 2012
No forum is complete without a white supremacist. MdDaniels is ours, and we're glad to have him.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 14, 2015 6:23 PM
Apr 2014
josh_ said:
No forum is complete without a white supremacist. MdDaniels is ours, and we're glad to have him.
It would be nice if he was at least somewhat original though.
Apr 14, 2015 6:28 PM
Feb 2014
josh_ said:

I doubt he's the only one.

Besides, I don't mind white supremacists as long as they're not sociopathic and murderous. I kind of hate people who overemphasize racism as a problem more than those who don't like multiculturalism, but to be fair, both can be pretty bad if they're both at it.
Apr 14, 2015 6:29 PM

Jul 2012
Whenever I walk into a foreign foods markets people think I'm lost.

Apr 14, 2015 6:46 PM

Feb 2005
josh_ said:
I agree, but I don't think it's that simple. Canadians and Americans, for example, know (from our histories of interacting with natives) that aggressive integration strategies can dehumanize the "outsiders" and, at worst, devolve into thinly veiled genocide. The best solution is somewhere between the extremes of no-integration-multiculturalism and aggressive integration.

You know, let Muslims have mosques and wear whatever they want, but do not allow Islam to influence public institutions. Easier said than done.
Yea, it has to be done smartly.
From what I've read and heard, Denmark seem to have a good idea of what to do, ensuring that immigrants seeking asylum are allocated around the country rather than being allowed to form up in ghettoes and create pocket cultures. In some places, the state even throws in extra expenses to bus children of immigrant descent to schools further away, to ensure they interact with native Danes as well rather than going to schools dominated by immigrants.

This approach is being done to some extent in Norway too, but ghettofication is still a problem, primarily around Oslo. That's not to say it is a huge problem, and certainly nowhere near the scale seen in Sweden, but it is a warning sign when you see young, second generation immigrants form up around extremist and even going off to fight for terrorist organisations abroad.
Either way it's certainly something we should keep an eye on and seek to prevent, rather than perpetuating the unrealistic ideals of multiculturalism utopias.
Apr 14, 2015 6:53 PM
Feb 2014
Baman said:
josh_ said:

From what I've read and heard, Denmark seem to have a good idea of what to do, ensuring that immigrants seeking asylum are allocated around the country rather than being allowed to form up in ghettoes and create pocket cultures. In some places, the state even throws in extra expenses to bus children of immigrant descent to schools further away, to ensure they interact with native Danes as well rather than going to schools dominated by immigrants.

This approach is being done to some extent in Norway too, but ghettofication is still a problem, primarily around Oslo. That's not to say it is a huge problem, and certainly nowhere near the scale seen in Sweden, but it is a warning sign when you see young, second generation immigrants form up around extremist and even going off to fight for terrorist organisations abroad.
Either way it's certainly something we should keep an eye on and seek to prevent, rather than perpetuating the unrealistic ideals of multiculturalism utopias.

Why is Sweden the Scandinavian outlier? Kinda curious.
Apr 14, 2015 6:55 PM

Mar 2012
That approach sounds pretty agreeable to me.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 14, 2015 7:05 PM

Jul 2013
Baman said:
josh_ said:

Seems efficient. But what about countries that lack resources to do this?
Also, many of the immigrant's children are usually discriminated in schools. Are schools dominated by immigrants a bad idea?
Apr 14, 2015 8:00 PM

Feb 2005
NicoIsPathetic said:
Why is Sweden the Scandinavian outlier? Kinda curious.
From what I gather it's mostly cause by a elite of extreme left and political correct people having near full dominance over the media and politics, and outright refuse to debate any problem with their ideals, labeling anyone that does as nazis. Even though SD (the biggest right leaning party) got lots of votes last election, the main narrative still seems to be that they're racists etc.

The biggest problem seems to be the lack of discussion really. Their ridiculously excessive immigration isn't acknowledged as a problem by the left, because they don't keep proper statistics. In Denmark and Norway we even track stuff like employment rates and average retirement ages of third generation immigrants, so we can actually see if they are integrating and contributing to society or not. But I guess that would be racist in Sweden.
And on the other hand, they even have a TV show where they track down anonymous commenters critiquing immigration online and expose them publicly, and just proclaimed themselves a feminist state despite the fact that their rape statistics are the third highest in the world (A meteoric rise that curiously enough coincided with the massive increase in immigration...). It's odd, to say the least

Apparently its worst around Stockholm, with the rest of the country being more normal. But I would assume that the leftist stranglehold on the media narrative ensures that the rest of the country don't really see the problem either, and the danger of being shamed into submission and labelled a Nazi for speaking your mind probably doesn't help.

Of course, I'm hardly an expert, so don't take my words as fact. Unless a Swede shows up, and you're not too picky about the exaggerations, you could probably ask around on /pol/, they love to discuss Sweden...
Soul-Master said:
Seems efficient. But what about countries that lack resources to do this?
Also, many of the immigrant's children are usually discriminated in schools. Are schools dominated by immigrants a bad idea?
Yea, resources is a problem of course. The Scandinavian countries are in a perfect position to pull something like this off, if only we put our mind to it, but I'm sure it would be way harder in the US for example, both counting in the cost and the populations' natural aversion to state interference.

I've never really seen much in way of such discrimination here at least. Bullying is after all, usually based on asserting dominance over weak and insecure people of a lower social rank, so cultural background alone wouldn't be reason enough. And the more integrated these immigrants become, the less they will be seen as weird and different.
If they live in areas dominated by their own culture and go to schools mirroring this demography, the difference between the cultures just increase. For example, you have stories of second or third generation immigrant girls being spat on and verbally assaulted by "moral police" in their community for not adhering to their culture's dress codes. And even bigger problems like forced marriage, sexual mutilation and honour killings are much harder to root out when you have such cultural pockets.
A great example was a couple of years ago here, when a Somalian man came out complaining about the general attitudes amongst the Somalian communities in Norway, where they apparently were more interested in loafing around on welfare and smoking Khat than working. True or not, he received plenty of death threats afterwards
Apr 14, 2015 8:56 PM

May 2014
Because you have to like and accept everything, even tho you don't want to
Apr 14, 2015 9:02 PM

Aug 2014
OP you're stupid.
Apr 14, 2015 9:11 PM

Apr 2012
Consequent said:
OP you're stupid.
So ends the streak of quality replies. And I was proud of this thread so far.
Apr 14, 2015 9:13 PM

Aug 2014
Solipsistic said:
Consequent said:
OP you're stupid.

Not my fault OP is mixing up ethnicity and folk culture. Those things aren't the same.
Apr 14, 2015 9:23 PM

Sep 2012
In Australia when they tried to assimilate the minority culture (Indigenous Australian's and Torres Straight Islanders) into the dominant culture it resulted in the things like the Stolen Generation. I think it's sometimes beneficial for the dominant culture to take steps towards a more multicultural system.

Generally speaking the government has been supportive of multiculturalism in Australia. There are negatives in doing this for instance, increasing socioeconomic divides, racism, and opposing cultural values ie islamic culture. We have positives too like, SBS, culturally diverse festivals, art and cuisine!
Apr 14, 2015 9:33 PM

Apr 2014
Definetly confusing race with culture. Your race =/= your culture. Sure there's cultural clash around the world, but there are plenty of people of varying races that share the same culture, and vice versa. Not wanting someone to come live in your country simply because of their race is incredibly ignorant.
ggreenwood94Apr 14, 2015 9:36 PM
Apr 14, 2015 10:57 PM

Aug 2013
Otaku-Ninja8 said:
marriage said:
Culture is not the same thing as race.

I disagree, race and culture go hand in hand.
Not really. An Afro Brazilian person would have a different culture than an African American person and both their cultures would be different from the culture of someone from Ghana. Society (in this case nationality) has a far greater influence on culture than race.
Apr 14, 2015 11:42 PM

Oct 2012
Solipsistic said:
Consequent said:
OP you're stupid.
What are you talking about? This was the only quality reply suitable for the OP.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Apr 15, 2015 12:23 AM
Feb 2014
Syria and Iraq and Yemen are multicultural and jordan is not?

and you are confusing things like the problems in Syria,Iraq,Yemen and Burma(not that sure) aren't because of Race it's because of their religion.
Apr 15, 2015 4:00 AM
Apr 2011
DrGeroCreation said:
Otaku-Ninja8 said:

I disagree, race and culture go hand in hand.
Not really. An Afro Brazilian person would have a different culture than an African American person and both their cultures would be different from the culture of someone from Ghana. Society (in this case nationality) has a far greater influence on culture than race.

Otaku-Ninja8 said:
culture and race are both essentially contested concepts.

Did you miss that part? Culture and race are both contested, which means different people interpret them differently and their is no one right way to interpret them. And just for some examples, when you think of a Japanese citizen you don't think of a black man, when you think of a French citizen you don't think of an Asian man, when you think of a Kenyan citizen you don't think of a white man. If an African woman flies to Italy and has a baby, the child would be considered African-Italian. Notice the hyphen? The child would never be considered Italian, but a (insert any non Italian race)-Italian.

As I said, culture and race go hand in hand. And since one culture is not equal to one another you can argue that one race is not equal to one another.
Apr 15, 2015 4:02 AM

Jul 2012
It's not racist. That's like saying it's racist for a black guy to only fall in love with black women.
Apr 15, 2015 4:05 AM
Jun 2014
Fucking dirty Chinese and Indians want to come in our country and provide us with their lovely food. Ugh, and these fucking koons stealing our women. HOW DARE THEY
KaiwaiikillahApr 15, 2015 4:13 AM
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Apr 15, 2015 4:38 AM

Jan 2015
I actually rather like Yakult
FahtahSenseiApr 15, 2015 4:56 AM
Apr 15, 2015 4:44 AM
Oct 2014
What has multiculturalism to do with races? It's actually you that makes people think that not supporting multiculturalism is racism here.

Multiculturalism means that the state supports different cultures within it. Sweden, Canada, etc are examples of multiculturalistic countries.

Creolization is when different cultures melt together into one or a few. The USA is an example of this.

Then we have nationalism, were the focus is on assimilate foreign immigrants into the culture of the nation. Even in this case, it doesn't mean that no other ethnicities/races can co-exist within the country.

Apr 15, 2015 4:55 AM

Oct 2014
the only way to make more cultures coexist in a pacific way is to have some basic values to be accepted from everyone
when you accept democracy , legalism , human rights ecc there are no problems
if there is a culture that doesn't accept some of this values then you have conflicts

it's like every culture should give up something to a central bigger culture to coexist

race isn't necessary relevant, a black man can perfectly live like a swedish if he's used to , if you think he can not cause he's black then you are racist
the fact that when you think about a swedish man you imagine him to be white it's just a generalization , and can be easily changed by time , in facts things are changing
2JC7Apr 15, 2015 5:00 AM

More topics from this board

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

24 by Noboru »»
2 minutes ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

26 by LoveYourEyes »»
13 minutes ago

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

46 by Dracowyn »»
21 minutes ago

» Looking for friends | Cultural exchange and otaku conversations

KMIR - 23 minutes ago

0 by KMIR »»
23 minutes ago

» What jobs do you all have? ( 1 2 )

AnxiousMike - Feb 11, 2023

83 by Dracowyn »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.