Forum Settings
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2015 6:55 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
The matters with Shalltear's betrayal has finally resolved, but the World-Class item user that brainwashed her is still at large, along with the missing bodies of Clementine and Kajit. The prologue gave us a grasp of the landmarks of Re-Lantier, or at least what little was recorded. Nonetheless, the lizard men will be playing a focus this volume.
Apr 14, 2015 2:56 AM

Nov 2011
> "Forgive me. A newlywed wife definitely has to be wearing the Final battle attire (naked apron) to receive the husband."

Oh Albedo.

In terms of concept or mechanics building or whatever the hell you call it, I'm curious to see what else the YGGDRASIL world has to offer. Surely, the currency system has a lot to go with already. Oh yeah and regarding cavalry, that's popular with fantasy world mechanics as well. Used to play Warcraft III so hearing the idea of wyvern and its riders makes it kinda interesting.
May 23, 2015 10:28 AM

Apr 2014
I hope Overlord-sama's gonna spare this poor lizard men.
They're obviously portraying them as the heroes this time but with all the stuff Overlord-sama has shown so far that seems grim.

Also Clementine has the chance of getting revived?
Feels weird since she was killed with her guts spewing out of her mouth lol

Jul 26, 2015 6:24 PM

Apr 2013
Omg, it felt so intense and interesting to me :D

Shalltear's betrayal and punishment though... a chair? XD that clearly ended up being a really weird reward so that was funny.

I didn't expect Ainz to have completely ignored the dead Lizardmen's tribal chiefs xD

Oh and wow, those lizardman were only levels 15 or lower? GG
Lich at level 16 scared the wits out of them LOL

Aug 21, 2015 11:14 PM

Sep 2013
Lizardmen being weak was a shock :O
Cocytus being tested, the whole army fight was cool.
Oct 23, 2015 8:44 AM

Jul 2009
Excerpt from the Vol.4 Ch.5:
(Spoiler)

Really Ainz(Momonga)? You should've done that in front of the Lizardmen after making her destroy the undead you created...
And you did this just so you wouldn't have to sit on bones? AND you made Albedo jealous?!?
... I wonder if Shalltear got wet from this? hehehe
Jun 6, 2016 8:14 PM

Feb 2011
duderus said:
Omg, it felt so intense and interesting to me :D

Shalltear's betrayal and punishment though... a chair? XD that clearly ended up being a really weird reward so that was funny.

I didn't expect Ainz to have completely ignored the dead Lizardmen's tribal chiefs xD

Oh and wow, those lizardman were only levels 15 or lower? GG
Lich at level 16 scared the wits out of them LOL

Agreed. Couldn't stop reading till I finished the whole volume. Sadly, I could also see why the anime didn't get a 2nd season, excluding MadHouse's tendencies. Ah, another one of those awkward moments they'd have to cut from the story. -_- They already cut so much to speed it along and volume 5 would be quite a chore.

I believe the best punishment for any NPC operating outside of Nazarick would be to exclude them from future outside operations till thinks settle down, but it seems Ainz saved it for just the right moment. Though, it was more of a self-punishment. He did say something about possible being an M when it comes to such thing.

Yeah. Seems we'll have to wait a couple of volumes before finding out whether they ever get revived or not. Doubt it at this point, though 2 of the remaining corpses seemed reasonable enough. Sadly, their might be some bickering to decided who if it's choice based.

I'm wondering where you got your information on the lizardmen. The character sheets say they were level 20 and lower. Iguvua was said to be level 22 before being enhanced with special skills... Oh, you were looking at the page numbers. How have you been reading the other character sheets till now?
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jun 6, 2016 9:03 PM

Apr 2013
Hiding long quote lol

Damn, this was so long ago so i didn't expect anyone to reply/notice my mistake :p

Yeah... i was kinda in a hurry when i was reading this so i just speed through the character sheets and didn't enlarge them or anything. I was only looking at the character numbers probably and realized it a bit later after i had made that comment.

BTW, if you're gonna be reading up to volume 10 anytime soon. You'll find the translations for up to volume 9 on skythewood and volume 10 is currently being translated on reddit. With spoilers/summaries on the wikia comment section.

Jun 7, 2016 1:15 AM

Feb 2011
duderus said:
Yeah... i was kinda in a hurry when i was reading this so i just speed through the character sheets and didn't enlarge them or anything. I was only looking at the character numbers probably and realized it a bit later after i had made that comment.

BTW, if you're gonna be reading up to volume 10 anytime soon. You'll find the translations for up to volume 9 on skythewood and volume 10 is currently being translated on reddit. With spoilers/summaries on the wikia comment section.

I'll just recommend that you make use of the edit feature more often. I use it too often for my own good, so it kinda bothers me when it shows the time I make my edits. Anyhow, I have heard of skythewood and have been slowly catching up. As for reddit, thanks for the info. I'll keep it in mind when I get there. Probably a month or two from now.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Mar 10, 2017 5:56 AM

Aug 2016
kyled00m said:

Really Ainz(Momonga)? You should've done that in front of the Lizardmen after making her destroy the undead you created...
And you did this just so you wouldn't have to sit on bones? AND you made Albedo jealous?!?
... I wonder if Shalltear got wet from this? hehehe

Oh she did. She certainly did.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2017 1:57 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Now that the second season is announced anyone excited about how they will adapt this volume? Volume 4 is one of my favourite volume of Overlord. The worldbuilding and description of the lizardmen's unique culture (jokes, diet, etc), mannerism and even romance are absolutely fantastic. I am anticipating how that can be adapted into anime. It will be really disappointing if Madhouse decided to skip this volume.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 23, 2017 7:40 AM

Jun 2008
I really liked the lizard-men desperate fight and you really feel for them more that the Nazarick crew since they are desperately fighting to protect their home and families and at the same time still care about politics and how to feed themselves and even falling to cruel actions for survival etc. they are a lot more humane like than Nazarick is.

Also we get a really important chapter with insight in the Slain Theocracy which seems to be the strongest force we have seen until now facing Nazarick.
I mean Shaltear estimated one of the group she attacked to have the power of a Battle maid. They also have this new girl monster that seems to be even stronger than that and maybe close to a guardian power. It is also the only force we saw using at least 7th tier magic threw magic in sealed crystals etc.
even the thing that created the zombies was something stole from them by an ex-member like Clementine.
They probably are the ones that stole the corpses as well since they had a scripture chasing after Clementine.
The Kingdom seems to regard as monstrous anyone using more than 3rd tier magic. And their best warrior was probably at best at Clementine fighting level which is just a member on one of their groups instead of anything close to a big weapon for the Slaine theocracy.

We also got an insight to Shaltear's events threw this since we now know for sure why she was frozen there since the one with the world item that mind controlled her didn't die for Shaltear to be released but at the same time she was in no condition to give her orders since she was injured by Shaltear.

wakka9ca said:
Now that the second season is announced anyone excited about how they will adapt this volume? Volume 4 is one of my favourite volume of Overlord. The worldbuilding and description of the lizardmen's unique culture (jokes, diet, etc), mannerism and even romance are absolutely fantastic. I am anticipating how that can be adapted into anime. It will be really disappointing if Madhouse decided to skip this volume.

This volume has a lot of details that aren't focused on the main characters. You could say that for this volume the main characters are actually the lizardman Zaryousu and his girlfriend(which btw i enjoy reading Overlord more when not focused on the man himself but how he is seen threw third parties) so i don't see it been adapted well in anime since studio will want to focused on main cast and therefore i see lots of nice elements being skipped.
May 18, 2019 12:39 AM

Mar 2016
A different POV to continue the story of Overlord, the Lizardman has now witnessed the power of Ainz Ooal Gown, who would not be amazed by the 'royal procession' that Ainz and co performed? I really like the fact that despite knowing the overwhelming differences in strength, the Lizardmen continue to fight onwards against Cocytus together with the alliance of all the lizardmen tribes, the same as they did before to fight the undead army that was only meant to serve as an experiment

In particular, all of the chiefs of the villages and Zaryushu stood out to be surprisingly likeable characters, I certainly hope that besides Zaryushu, all the other aforementioned chiefs are resurrected by Ainz. Maybe they could level up more than ever before now? Who really knows...

I'm getting a vibe that despite what Ainz and co did to the lizardmen, they do not hold resentment on them, especially after it's stated that lizardmen follow the rule of those stronger than themselves. Well, hopefully Cocytus brings these now combined lizardmen tribes into a future filled with prosperity. It'll be cool if they ended up worshipping Ainz as a god like they worshipped their ancestors before.

Meanwhile Shalltear is basking the pleasure of being sat on by some THICC bony thighs. <---- The anime really made this scene memorable.
Mar 7, 2023 1:25 PM
Aug 2019
best light novel ever

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Volume 16 Discussion

ColtBuntline - Sep 18, 2022

8 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Jan 13, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Overlord Chapter 39 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Sep 1, 2023

3 by Tkit »»
Sep 3, 2023 6:13 PM

» Is overlord LN a adaptation or a original work?

Kartik01528n - Jul 14, 2023

3 by BucketBall »»
Jul 15, 2023 4:51 AM

Poll: » Overlord Chapter 32 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Feb 4, 2023

0 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Feb 4, 2023 4:50 PM

Poll: » Favorite female character in Overlord

Warphate - Oct 1, 2015

33 by Naroomaki »»
Nov 29, 2022 8:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.