Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 27, 2016 1:42 PM

Sep 2016
Someone32 said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Episodes are only out of order on incredibly bad sites and probably rarely happens anyway. That has nothing to do with malware, morality or safety anyway. Also I really hope you were joking about that last comment. Adblockers are not illegal nor will they ever be illegal.
You mean like the most popular torrents like KissAnime and KissCartoon and it happened to me tons of times.No, it doesn't, however, ad blockers don't do anything to fix it.Unlike what you claimed.Actually, ad blockers block advertisement which is essential to most companies and believes it or not they are illegal because they subtoge business. Most ad-blockers don't even ask permission before silencing ads. So yes most of them are illegal.

Companies don't ask you for permission either, the ads are just shoved down your throat, so to speak. Almost no one likes ads, so they have no right to complain if people use adblockers.

Oct 27, 2016 1:49 PM

May 2015
think a definition of legal/illegal would be nice, every site that hasn't been taken down yet, apparently hasn't been proven to be illegal, at least not enough for any measures to be taken.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 27, 2016 2:28 PM
Jul 2018
Apoc_Revolution said:
Someone32 said:
You mean like the most popular torrents like KissAnime and KissCartoon and it happened to me tons of times.No, it doesn't, however, ad blockers don't do anything to fix it.Unlike what you claimed.Actually, ad blockers block advertisement which is essential to most companies and believes it or not they are illegal because they subtoge business. Most ad-blockers don't even ask permission before silencing ads. So yes most of them are illegal.

Companies don't ask you for permission either, the ads are just shoved down your throat, so to speak. Almost no one likes ads, so they have no right to complain if people use adblockers.
No, but they did get the website's permission, so yes on their side it is legal and we don't have the right to block them because that's essentially how most people get their revenue,it's how the advertisers get business for their product and how the website gets their money.
Oct 27, 2016 2:42 PM

Jul 2014
If it's not on Crunchyroll, illegal.
Oct 27, 2016 2:56 PM

Sep 2016
Someone32 said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

No, but they did get the website's permission, so yes on their side it is legal and we don't have the right to block them because that's essentially how most people get their revenue,it's how the advertisers get business for their product and how the website gets their money.

I don't care if it's legal or not, you shouldn't be forced to put up with ads just so that companies can make money.

Oct 27, 2016 3:12 PM
Jul 2018
Apoc_Revolution said:
Someone32 said:

I don't care if it's legal or not, you shouldn't be forced to put up with ads just so that companies can make money.
Well, how else are they going to get money? If they don't get advertised then how would you know about the product?If it wasn't for ads then we wouldn't have any legal streaming sites or pretty much anything for that matter. I can relate to them being annoying but they are important.To the company so it has bussiness and for us so we can have nice things.
removed-userOct 27, 2016 3:20 PM
Oct 27, 2016 3:29 PM

Sep 2016
Someone32 said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

Well, how else are they going to get money? If they don't get advertised then how would you know about the product?

I have no answer for that. I guess they're forced to rely on ads if that really is their only source of income, but saying that you have no right to use an adblocker, I just can't agree with. There are so many people who don't use adblockers that it shouldn't be an issue for them anyway.

Oct 27, 2016 3:53 PM
Jul 2018
Apoc_Revolution said:
Someone32 said:
Well, how else are they going to get money? If they don't get advertised then how would you know about the product?

I have no answer for that. I guess they're forced to rely on ads if that really is their only source of income, but saying that you have no right to use an adblocker, I just can't agree with. There are so many people who don't use adblockers that it shouldn't be an issue for them anyway.
I have no right to use because it's illegal, I could say the same thing about stealing a video game(they won't lose money, I'm the only one stealing, the company won't have any issues or anything). That logic falls apart once you realize that they get money for you using legal terms to get the good, so by using illegal terms you are actually costing them money.
removed-userOct 27, 2016 3:57 PM
Oct 27, 2016 4:01 PM

Apr 2014
trigglypuff said:
So, after a little bit of a heated discussion with a friend, I'd like to ask the population of MAL a question

Legal or Illegal streaming sites, and why?

Does it even matter? It's not illegal unless you get caught for It. 90% of most of what people use he internet for can be considered illegal. You can't tell me you're be never downloaded a song or something hat you have to pay for but didn't. As long as what your downloading isn't flagged as illegal and your ISP doesn't ban you then go for it. I don't have .one to buy everything I have 48k of federal loans from my scam college that's more important than buying things to watch
Oct 27, 2016 4:11 PM

Sep 2016
Someone32 said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

I have no right to use because it's illegal, I could say the same thing about stealing a video game(they won't lose money, I'm the only one stealing, the company won't have any issues or anything). That logic falls apart once you realize that they get money for you using legal terms to get the good, so by using illegal terms you are actually costing them money.

Good point, but there's one issue I have with that comparison. Theft is an actual crime, using an adblocker isn't. Or do you think the cops are going to arrest you if you tell them you use an adblocker lol? I don't consider it morally wrong, even if it's illegal.
Apoc_RevolutionOct 27, 2016 4:14 PM

Oct 27, 2016 4:39 PM

Aug 2007
Tylaen said:
Always nice to see people radically advocating for freeloading off an industry that's not very keen on our presence due to this exact reason.

In order for a person to be a freeloader then they would have needed to have intent on buying the product in the first place.

Someone32 said:

Those are streaming sites, not torrents. Torrents would never be out of order. Also you're ignorant as shit. Adblocking software is NOT illegal.

Someone32 said:

Your're using another flawed argument now. Copyright infringement isn't theft. Also adblockers are still not illegal.
Oct 27, 2016 5:21 PM

Dec 2009
95% of the time, illegal. Maybe once in a blue moon I'll pick something up on netflix.
Oct 27, 2016 6:31 PM
Jul 2018
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tylaen said:
Always nice to see people radically advocating for freeloading off an industry that's not very keen on our presence due to this exact reason.

In order for a person to be a freeloader then they would have needed to have intent on buying the product in the first place.

Someone32 said:

Those are streaming sites, not torrents. Torrents would never be out of order. Also you're ignorant as shit(meh..that's rude, but I guess I agree with it). Adblocking software is NOT illegal.

Someone32 said:

Your're using another flawed argument now. Copyright infringement isn't theft. Also adblockers are still not illegal.

"We provide legal copyright owners with the ability to self-publish on the Internet by uploading, storing and displaying various types of media. We do not actively monitor, screen or otherwise review the media which is uploaded to our servers by users of the service." -KissAnime. What torrent means according to the internet "a torrent file is a computer file that contains metadata about files and folders to be distributed, and usually also a list of the network locations of trackers". What I got out of there is that a torrent is a place to download stuff, basically. If they aren't a torrent then I don't know what is, but then again since I am ignorant, I'm going to need you to explain it to me if I got it wrong.

Also if an ad blocker isn't illegal and what I've said haven't convinced you then give me some proof of your side of the story or at least explain yourself. Because I thought the fact that they take away from business to be a pretty good reason as to why I think it is illegal.

The point was that using the "it doesn't matter if just one person does it" logic isn't a good one, I just used theft as a comparison.However, if you are to downloading something without permission then you broke the law and is by definition thief.Copyright infringement itself may not be theft, but in this scenario it is. as stealing someone's work without permission is basically what theft means.
removed-userOct 27, 2016 6:43 PM
Oct 27, 2016 6:47 PM
Jul 2018
Apoc_Revolution said:
Someone32 said:

Good point, but there's one issue I have with that comparison. Theft is an actual crime, using an adblocker isn't. Or do you think the cops are going to arrest you if you tell them you use an adblocker lol? I don't consider it morally wrong, even if it's illegal.
I guess, but still, the adblocker itself is illegal. I never said that using adblockers are illegal, it's just that using something illegal like this goes against my morality.
Oct 27, 2016 7:30 PM

Sep 2016
Someone32 said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

I guess, but still, the adblocker itself is illegal. I never said that using adblockers are illegal, it's just that using something illegal like this goes against my morality.

I see. I was under the impression that you thought using adblockers is illegal as well.

Oct 27, 2016 8:28 PM

Aug 2007
Someone32 said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Those are streaming sites, not torrents. Torrents would never be out of order. Also you're ignorant as shit(meh..that's rude, but I guess I agree with it). Adblocking software is NOT illegal.

"We provide legal copyright owners with the ability to self-publish on the Internet by uploading, storing and displaying various types of media. We do not actively monitor, screen or otherwise review the media which is uploaded to our servers by users of the service." -KissAnime. What torrent means according to the internet "a torrent file is a computer file that contains metadata about files and folders to be distributed, and usually also a list of the network locations of trackers". What I got out of there is that a torrent is a place to download stuff, basically. If they aren't a torrent then I don't know what is, but then again since I am ignorant, I'm going to need you to explain it to me if I got it wrong.

Also if an ad blocker isn't illegal and what I've said haven't convinced you then give me some proof of your side of the story or at least explain yourself. Because I thought the fact that they take away from business to be a pretty good reason as to why I think it is illegal.

The point was that using the "it doesn't matter if just one person does it" logic isn't a good one, I just used theft as a comparison.However, if you are to downloading something without permission then you broke the law and is by definition thief.Copyright infringement itself may not be theft, but in this scenario it is. as stealing someone's work without permission is basically what theft means.

A torrent is a downloadable file. You don't download when you stream. That's not how it works at all. You're the one who made the claim that it is illegal. The burden of proof would be on you to prove that adblocking is illegal since you made the original claim. Not to mention a quick google search would just prove you wrong anyway. Also that is again not how it works. In order for a theft to have occurred something has to be taken. Downloading only makes a copy while the original is still there.
Oct 27, 2016 8:32 PM

Dec 2015
I'm broke. So I use illegal all the time... Why tf would anyone spend money just for anime? Well, except for figurines and posters and stuff.
Oct 27, 2016 9:35 PM

Oct 2016
I watch them via torrent download (illegal) but I do purchase the manga (if I like it).

My country internet sucks so bad that even crunchyroll isn't an option.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Oct 27, 2016 10:06 PM
Jul 2016
I am so so embarrassed to say illegal. I want to support the artists so much but I absolutely have no money. And even if I ask , I won't get money from my parents. I hardly get money from them for anything except for.education purpose. But I really feel bad about it. I once saved up some money and ordered mangas - Tokyo ghoul vol 1, Fullmetal alchemist vol 1,2,3 and Kuroshitsuji vol 1 because I really wanted to support the mangakas. But I honestly have no Money. But I am sure I am gonna start working and earning soon. So I have decided to make my account on legal sites and watch then.. till then I will have to watch like this 😭
Oct 27, 2016 10:16 PM

Aug 2015
Nice try FBI.

Seriously, I have a subscription on both Netflix and Crunchyroll, so if I can find what I want there, it's great. Otherwise, well, there ain't that many options left ^^
Oct 27, 2016 10:19 PM

Jul 2014
Considering how easy it is to watch anime illegally I can bring myself to go out of my way to pay for it.

Thinking about, its really an inefficient way to spend money.
Oct 27, 2016 10:40 PM
Jun 2016
Ad first I want to say that "streaming" don't be illegal at least in Germany but there I understand what you want to say I must answer with only "illegal". For the simple reason that the most Anime don't be licenced pronounced I can't watch them on "legal" sites. At the end sorry for my english I know it's atrocious.
Oct 27, 2016 10:50 PM

Feb 2016
In my country the only way to watch mostly of anime is illegal streaming, only some are in crunchyroll.
Oct 27, 2016 10:55 PM

Jul 2014
Illegal because that's the only way to watch Pokemon in Japanese sadly. And buying BD's are out of the question due to how expensive they are when the only way to get some anime are only from Japan(and we know how much they charge for 2 episodes. I ain't paying 80-100$ for 2 episodes damn it)
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Oct 28, 2016 12:16 AM

Apr 2015
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tylaen said:

That Is a pretty contorted view, if I ever saw one. Your logic Is bullshit.

If you want to freeload, don't attempt to avoid the fact of you viewing property you don't have the rights for and just admit wrongdoing and get on with your life of freeloading. It's less miserable that way.
TylaenOct 28, 2016 12:22 AM
Oct 28, 2016 7:27 AM
Jul 2018
Drunk_Samurai said:
Someone32 said:

"We provide legal copyright owners with the ability to self-publish on the Internet by uploading,storing and displaying various types of media. We do not actively monitor, screen or otherwise review the media which is uploaded to our servers by users of the service." -KissAnime. What torrent means according to the internet "a torrent file is a computer file that contains metadata about files and folders to be distributed, and usually also a list of the network locations of trackers". What I got out of there is that a torrent is a place to download stuff, basically. If they aren't a torrent then I don't know what is, but then again since I am ignorant, I'm going to need you to explain it to me if I got it wrong.

A torrent is a downloadable file. You don't download when you stream. That's not how it works at all. You're the one who made the claim that it is illegal. The burden of proof would be on you to prove that adblocking is illegal since you made the original claim. Not to mention a quick google search would just prove you wrong anyway. Also that is again not how it works. In order for a theft to have occurred something has to be taken. Downloading only makes a copy while the original is still there.
You can download stuff on Kissanime, you can also watch and stream it. So I personally still count it as a torrent. https://www.google.com/#safe=active&q=can+you+download+stuff+on+kissanime

Fine, fair enough(even though I thought I already explained my side):
http://www.businessinsider.com/ad-blocker-blockers-may-be-illegal-in-europe-2016-4
No, it couldn't I just did a quick google search to prove that most ad blockers are illegal. Oh and here's a little detail to help you understand what I actually meant:
"Most ad-blockers don't even ask permission before silencing ads. So yes most of them are illegal". Not all are illegal, it's just that most of them are(then again after that I've been saying adblockers are illegal, so that may have just been my fault).

Also yes it has been downloaded and stored somewhere else, it is theft because, despite the original copy still being there, one still did bring the work with them. Therefore, it's still has been taken.It doesn't have to be the original copy, you can just steal the work.

Edit: The problem is that when I search it up to look for proof to support my claim the only thing that shows up is other debate topics about it. I guess adblockers themselves aren't explicitly illegal, so I guess you kind of win this one. As for the time being, it's just an opinion whether or not it's legal. There's no proof yet, they'll just be opinions, on whether or not they should be illegal and the best proof you have right now is that people are debating whether or not they should be illegal. Which isn't that much.
removed-userOct 28, 2016 9:21 AM
Oct 28, 2016 7:35 AM

Feb 2013
Someone32 said:
You can download stuff on Kissanime, you can also watch and stream it. So I personally still count it as a torrent. https://www.google.com/#safe=active&q=can+you+download+stuff+on+kissanime
i see this ancient thread bumped on the first page and what the actual heck, that makes no sense

torrents and "right click -> save video" on kissanime are very different ways of downloading something

Someone32 said:
http://www.businessinsider.com/ad-blocker-blockers-may-be-illegal-in-europe-2016-4
uhh that news talks about "adblocker blockers" (i.e. sites that do not display their content if you have an adblocker) which "could be breaking European law"

which is to say, it's not about users having adblockers, and not explicitly illegal
romagiaOct 28, 2016 7:48 AM
Oct 28, 2016 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
romagia said:
Someone32 said:
i see this ancient thread bumped on the first page and what the actual heck, that makes no sense

torrents and "right click -> save video" on kissanime are very different ways of downloading something

Someone32 said:
uhh that news talks about "adblocker blockers" (i.e. sites that do not display their content if you have an adblocker) which "could be breaking European law"

which is to say, it's not about users having adblockers, and not explicitly illegal
"It follows from this that people must give consent before publishers detect whether or not they are using an ad blocker. Most publishers that are using ad-blocker detection software do not appear to be doing this. Therefore, according to Hanff, they are breaking the law." this also breaks our laws as taking away from a business without their permission is illegal, plain and simple. I used that as my proof because it had quotes that sold me on that most of them are probably illegal. No, it talks about the publishers of the adblocker."Most publishers that are using ad-blocker detection software do not appear to be doing this". Also, I never claimed that the users using it are doing something illegal, I just claim that most of the adblockers themselves are illegal, though you're right I should get better proof.

If Kissanime lets you download their files then it is a torrent as it still is a downloadable file.In all honestly I haven't been on since last year, so I thought those were pretty legit videos to use. Aren't torrents a place where you download videos?
removed-userOct 28, 2016 8:27 AM
Oct 28, 2016 8:32 AM

Feb 2013
Someone32 said:
If Kissanime lets you download their files then it is a torrent as it still is a downloadable file.In all honestly I haven't been on since last year, so I thought those were pretty legit videos to use. Aren't torrents a place where you download videos?
Let's clear up some definitions first

Video file = should be intuitive.. in this case, it's a file that contains an anime episode, and usually pretty big in size

Torrent file = computer file that contains metadata about files and folders to be distributed (post #167)
These torrent files are very small in size, need to be opened with a Torrent client (such as uTorrent), and you can download all sorts of things from torrents, not just videos.
After opening a torrent file, it starts downloading the requested files (e.g. anime episodes) from "seeders" who are other people who already have the file.

Direct Download (DDL) = When you "right click -> save video" on Kissanime, you're downloading directly from them (well, technically it's from a google drive). Unlike torrents which require special software, this download can be done from your browser (Mozilla or Chrome most likely). If the file gets deleted from their site, you can no longer download it, unlike a file downloaded from a torrent which can be downloaded as long as there is still one other "seeder" with the file. Needless to say, no torrents are involved in directly downloading from Kissanime.

Thus, the term "torrent" can be used either for the torrent file, or the file downloaded through a torrent, but not for files downloaded through other means (like Direct Download).

reverendbrick said:
Illegal streaming sites irritate me because of the ads, and how they're even allowed to exist. Kissanime in particular surprises me with how they have the balls to watermark videos.
Many of them do watermarks, in the form of a link to their site always displayed in one of the corners. Kissanime is the only one that does those annoying splashes though.
romagiaOct 28, 2016 8:37 AM
Oct 28, 2016 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
romagia said:
Someone32 said:

Video file = should be intuitive.. in this case, it's a file that contains an anime episode, and usually pretty big in size

Torrent file = computer file that contains metadata about files and folders to be distributed (post #167)
These torrent files are very small in size, need to be opened with a Torrent client (such as uTorrent), and you can download all sorts of things from torrents, not just videos.
After opening a torrent file, it starts downloading the requested files (e.g. anime episodes) from "seeders" who are other people who already have the file.

Direct Download (DDL) = When you "right click -> save video" on Kissanime, you're downloading directly from them (well, technically it's from a google drive). Unlike torrents which require special software, this download can be done from your browser (Mozilla or Chrome most likely). If the file gets deleted from their site, you can no longer download it, unlike a file downloaded from a torrent which can be downloaded as long as there is still one other "seeder" with the file. Needless to say, no torrents are involved in directly downloading from Kissanime.

Thus, the term "torrent" can be used either for the torrent file, or the file downloaded through a torrent, but not for files downloaded through other means (like Direct Download).

reverendbrick said:
Illegal streaming sites irritate me because of the ads, and how they're even allowed to exist. Kissanime in particular surprises me with how they have the balls to watermark videos.
Many of them do watermarks, in the form of a link to their site always displayed in one of the corners. Kissanime is the only one that does those annoying splashes though.
romagia said:
Someone32 said:

reverendbrick said:
Oh thanks for clearing that up for me.
removed-userOct 28, 2016 8:57 AM
Oct 28, 2016 8:54 AM

Jul 2015
It depends with me.
If I am watching it on my xbox one or 3ds, Ill have no other option but to watch it on a legal streaming platform such as hulu. (You could watch it online through the xbox microsoft brower, put it's trash)

However if I am on my laptop, I choose illegal. It's just more convenient and sometimes when your trying to get a meal at mcdonald's and save your last $10 for that one meal to find out that hulu has already taken to pay for your subscription can be a pain in the ass.
Oct 28, 2016 10:00 PM

Aug 2007
DanteQC said:
Nice try FBI.

Seriously, I have a subscription on both Netflix and Crunchyroll, so if I can find what I want there, it's great. Otherwise, well, there ain't that many options left ^^

I guess you haven't looked hard enough if you think there aren't that many illegal options.

NVE said:
Ad first I want to say that "streaming" don't be illegal at least in Germany but there I understand what you want to say I must answer with only "illegal". For the simple reason that the most Anime don't be licenced pronounced I can't watch them on "legal" sites. At the end sorry for my english I know it's atrocious.

Your English is fine actually.

Tylaen said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

If you want to freeload, don't attempt to avoid the fact of you viewing property you don't have the rights for and just admit wrongdoing and get on with your life of freeloading. It's less miserable that way.

There is no lost sale if you never intended on buying the product in the first place.

Someone32 said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

No, it couldn't I just did a quick google search to prove that most ad blockers are illegal. Oh and here's a little detail to help you understand what I actually meant:
"Most ad-blockers don't even ask permission before silencing ads. So yes most of them are illegal". Not all are illegal, it's just that most of them are(then again after that I've been saying adblockers are illegal, so that may have just been my fault).

Also yes it has been downloaded and stored somewhere else, it is theft because, despite the original copy still being there, one still did bring the work with them. Therefore, it's still has been taken.It doesn't have to be the original copy, you can just steal the work.

Edit: The problem is that when I search it up to look for proof to support my claim the only thing that shows up is other debate topics about it. I guess adblockers themselves aren't explicitly illegal, so I guess you kind of win this one. As for the time being, it's just an opinion whether or not it's legal. There's no proof yet, they'll just be opinions, on whether or not they should be illegal and the best proof you have right now is that people are debating whether or not they should be illegal. Which isn't that much.

Using third party software to download a video doesn't count and regardless is still not a torrent file.

That article says "may be" and is speculating. https://adblockplus.org/blog/restating-the-obvious-adblocking-declared-legal

Also it still isn't theft. I literally explained to you what theft is. The original still exists therefore it cannot be theft. Piracy will only be copyright infringement and never theft. If you walk into a store and take a copy of an anime then that is theft because the physical object was actually TAKEN.

reverendbrick said:

If I watched seasonal anime more often, I'd subscribe to Crunchyroll. As it is, there's no real reason for me to subscribe to any streaming service besides Hulu (which I already am)

I'll resort to illegal streaming in the rare case I can't find what I want to watch through IRC or elsewhere.

Morally, it does bother me a bit to pirate anime, but a large amount of what I watch is out of print, and I'm currently building up a small dvd collection.

Because most of those sites are owned by Chinese people. Most likely even run by Triads.

_Ionic said:
It depends with me.
If I am watching it on my xbox one or 3ds, Ill have no other option but to watch it on a legal streaming platform such as hulu. (You could watch it online through the xbox microsoft brower, put it's trash)

However if I am on my laptop, I choose illegal. It's just more convenient and sometimes when your trying to get a meal at mcdonald's and save your last $10 for that one meal to find out that hulu has already taken to pay for your subscription can be a pain in the ass.

If you're spending $10 at McDonalds for one meal then there are bigger issues at hand than needing to save money by illegally streaming.
Oct 29, 2016 1:32 AM

Oct 2016
Illegal. After being a CR subscriber for years it finally dawned on me that its not fun to anxiously watch the new season slots fill up with a bunch of BS I will never watch and never something I DO want to watch. Waste of money. Also don't watch as much animu as I used too anymore.If I watch anything at all a season it would be 1 or 2 series. Double waste of money. Would rather support by buying whatever's source material.

Finally streaming anime is for dorks
Oct 29, 2016 5:44 AM

Apr 2015
Drunk_Samurai said:
There is no lost sale if you never intended on buying the product in the first place.
"I never intended to purchase this digital media legitimately, so it's totally okay to steal a product I don't have the rights for because Lol '''''intent'''' ".

Peddle your bullshit logic elsewhere.
Oct 29, 2016 7:26 AM
Jul 2018
Drunk_Samurai said:
DanteQC said:
Nice try FBI.

I guess you haven't looked hard enough if you think there aren't that many illegal options.

NVE said:

Tylaen said:

Someone32 said:

Using third party software to download a video doesn't count and regardless is still not a torrent file.

That article says "may be" and is speculating. https://adblockplus.org/blog/restating-the-obvious-adblocking-declared-legal

Also it still isn't theft. I literally explained to you what theft is. The original still exists therefore it cannot be theft. Piracy will only be copyright infringement and never theft. If you walk into a store and take a copy of an anime then that is theft because the physical object was actually TAKEN.

reverendbrick said:

If I watched seasonal anime more often, I'd subscribe to Crunchyroll. As it is, there's no real reason for me to subscribe to any streaming service besides Hulu (which I already am)

I'll resort to illegal streaming in the rare case I can't find what I want to watch through IRC or elsewhere.

Morally, it does bother me a bit to pirate anime, but a large amount of what I watch is out of print, and I'm currently building up a small dvd collection.

Because most of those sites are owned by Chinese people. Most likely even run by Triads.

_Ionic said:
It depends with me.

If you're spending $10 at McDonalds for one meal then there are bigger issues at hand than needing to save money by illegally streaming.
@Romagia explained what torrents are already and we both got it wrong. We both overlooked size and torrents need to be opened with a Torrent client. He seems to be a lot more educated about it than we are, so let's just give that one to him.

Read the Edit, it's important, trust me.Do you live in Germany? Oh sorry, I meant in the U.S.A law, where I live, I didn't mean to be so disrespectful and assume stuff. Sorry, I did that, but then again we both did that because neither of us put the country we live in, in our profiles, I'm not scared of sharing the country so I'll put that down to avoid this from happening again.Then again you could've made the same mistake I did and overlooked the country(since I did it, I wouldn't care if you did it too or at least I wouldn't have the right to), but I'm guessing you just live in Germany because it's the most likely. Well over here we still haven't decided and it's not a white and black case:
https://blockadblock.com/adblocking/adblockers-dont-break-the-law-except-when-they-do/
So it's all just opinions, the only thing that has been cleared up is that using them aren't illegal if the site isn't legally enforced nor you are stepping over your legal boundaries.As for the adblockers themeslve it like I said before in the edit and repeated over here, it's all just opinions for the time being.

Please don't just repeat what you said last time and claim you're right, it's lazy and we aren't going to get anywhere. The only thing you said that was actually new was that it need to be a physical object which according to the definition isn't true."The action or crime of stealing"-google
It says nothing about it having to be a physical object nor having to be the original copy. Even though I can see where you're coming from I still stand by that the work itself is still being taken, therefore it's theft. Even taking something doesn't have to be physical. For example, have you ever heard of something like "I took this quote from the movie ___"? This isn't grammatically wrong, you can even name a random movie in the bank and check it with a grammar checker and see for yourself.See the verb took(the past tense of take)was referring to a quote and a quote isn't a physical thing. So how can you take it? If you get that, then you get why taking something doesn't have to be physical.

Also, this isn't my business, but "you obviously haven't tried enough illegal terms" lol.
removed-userOct 29, 2016 7:42 AM
Oct 29, 2016 7:31 AM

Aug 2015
Well these legal streaming sites hates my country so much that not a single seasonal show bother to stream here so why bother using it, well at least I still try to support the industry by any other means like buying official merchandise and stuff ,and also the original source of the anime itself.
Oct 29, 2016 8:26 AM

Feb 2013
Mizunashi said:
Well these legal streaming sites hates my country so much that not a single seasonal show bother to stream here so why bother using it, well at least I still try to support the industry by any other means like buying official merchandise and stuff ,and also the original source of the anime itself.
I heard this before but don't believe it

This page should have all currently simulcasting shows available in your country: http://www.crunchyroll.com/videos/anime/simulcasts

Is it really empty? If so, can you provide a pic? If not, are there any Fall 2016 shows? Odds are there is at least one Fall 2016 show you can stream legally for free on CR.
Oct 29, 2016 8:29 AM
Dec 2015
I used to use Hulu when they had like everything I wanted to watch. I use crunchyroll for seasonal anime but I've moved to other means to watch shows that I've been meaning to see that are completed.
Oct 29, 2016 8:51 AM

Aug 2015
romagia said:
Mizunashi said:

This page should have all currently simulcasting shows available in your country: http://www.crunchyroll.com/videos/anime/simulcasts

Is it really empty? If so, can you provide a pic? If not, then most likely there is at least one Fall 2016 show you can stream legally.

Not really empty but you know the ones that they streamed here are much of an unknown series like mostly children shows and some shorts and a miniscule amount of TV series heck even rare to get a legit TV series here
The last time I used crunchy was during the Fate UBW series when it stream globally one time and after that we can't even get a decent full series for the next occurring seasons I mean just look at this from Fall 2015 to Spring 2016

TBH I'm really shocked that there are some shows that are streamed here this season now since it really is a blue moon to stream some shows here by CR not like Daisuki that time that at least bother the Asian community by streaming at least 3 well known seasonal shows per season
MizunashiOct 29, 2016 8:54 AM
Oct 29, 2016 8:54 AM

Jul 2016
Illegal. Crunchyroll doesn't has too much anime in my country (I live on México, I envy people who lives on USA. >.>).

However, the only two animes that I watched on legal streaming was No Game No Life (Crunchyroll) and Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero (Netflix, in my dad's Xbox 360 :P).

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Crunchyroll has that membership thingy, the only place where I can be on crunchy is on my tablet and the ads every 5 minutes and some final episodes being for Premium members it's annoying, or at least for me... and I don't have money to buy Premium so..

EDIT 2: Also wasting money just to watch anime when I can watch it in my laptop for free... uhhh.. yeah I prefer illegal...

Now I'll wait for people throwing rocks at me :3
SweetcatsOct 29, 2016 9:04 AM
Oct 29, 2016 9:00 AM
Dec 2015
I hope no one who is all about legal on this topic illegally downloads mainstream music or movies.
Oct 29, 2016 9:06 AM

Feb 2013
Mizunashi said:
romagia said:

Is it really empty? If so, can you provide a pic? If not, then most likely there is at least one Fall 2016 show you can stream legally.

Not really empty but you know the ones that they streamed here are much of an unknown series like mostly children shows and some shorts and a miniscule amount of TV series heck even rare to get a legit TV series here
The last time I used crunchy was during the Fate UBW series when it stream globally one time and after that we can't even get a decent full series for the next occurring seasons I mean just look at this from Fall 2015 to Spring 2016

TBH I'm really shocked that there are some shows that are streamed here this season now since it really is a blue moon to stream some shows here by CR not like Daisuki that time that at least bother the Asian community by streaming at least 3 well known seasonal shows per season
Thanks for answer! The selection is more limited than i thought.. Wonder how does it look like in Antartica

Anyway, at least you got the modern classic JK Meshi xD
Oct 29, 2016 9:07 AM

Jul 2010
Illegal streaming most of the time. sometimes I use Netflix for legal streaming
Oct 29, 2016 9:29 AM

Jul 2010
‎‎‎‎‎‎
pancyanMar 14, 2023 10:36 AM
Oct 29, 2016 10:18 PM

Aug 2007
Tylaen said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
"I never intended to purchase this digital media legitimately, so it's totally okay to steal a product I don't have the rights for because Lol '''''intent'''' ".

The only one using "bullshit logic" is you for calling copyright infringement theft.

Someone32 said:

Read the Edit, it's important, trust me.Do you live in Germany? Oh sorry, I meant in the U.S.A law, where I live, I didn't mean to be so disrespectful and assume stuff. Sorry, I did that, but then again we both did that because neither of us put the country we live in, in our profiles, I'm not scared of sharing the country so I'll put that down to avoid this from happening again.Then again you could've made the same mistake I did and overlooked the country(since I did it, I wouldn't care if you did it too or at least I wouldn't have the right to), but I'm guessing you just live in Germany because it's the most likely. Well over here we still haven't decided and it's not a white and black case:
https://blockadblock.com/adblocking/adblockers-dont-break-the-law-except-when-they-do/
So it's all just opinions, the only thing that has been cleared up is that using them aren't illegal if the site isn't legally enforced nor you are stepping over your legal boundaries.As for the adblockers themeslve it like I said before in the edit and repeated over here, it's all just opinions for the time being.

Please don't just repeat what you said last time and claim you're right, it's lazy and we aren't going to get anywhere. The only thing you said that was actually new was that it need to be a physical object which according to the definition isn't true."The action or crime of stealing"-google
It says nothing about it having to be a physical object nor having to be the original copy. Even though I can see where you're coming from I still stand by that the work itself is still being taken, therefore it's theft. Even taking something doesn't have to be physical. For example, have you ever heard of something like "I took this quote from the movie ___"? This isn't grammatically wrong, you can even name a random movie in the bank and check it with a grammar checker and see for yourself.See the verb took(the past tense of take)was referring to a quote and a quote isn't a physical thing. So how can you take it? If you get that, then you get why taking something doesn't have to be physical.

Also, this isn't my business, but "you obviously haven't tried enough illegal terms" lol.

He went into detail of what a torrent file and tracker actually are. I wasn't wrong at all. I said the same thing without the detail.

Of course I don't live in Germany. It doesn't matter where somebody lives since it isn't illegal in any country. Besides you were the one who posted something that was about Europe anyway. It isn't an opinion anyway. Unless a court finds that adblocking and adblockers are in fact illegal then it is a FACT that they are not illegal. Besides if you're going to post something then don't post something from a site that is obviously bias. The name of the site just says it all. It would be like getting abortion news from a pro life website.

Use an actual dictionary instead of Google. In fact I double Google even says that anywhere. Here is the actual definition of steal from the Oxford Dictionary.

Definition of steal in English:

steal
verb

1[with object] Take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.

The key word there is take. Also that was an awful analogy since that's a different definition of the word take. Not to mention you can't steal a quote from a movie anyway.

You obviously missed the point of that message. He was claiming that there are less options left illegally when a simple google search would just prove that wrong. If one site goes down then another five will pop up to take it's spot.

Cognition said:
I hope no one who is all about legal on this topic illegally downloads mainstream music or movies.

Everybody has done it at least once.
Oct 30, 2016 8:32 AM
Jul 2018
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tylaen said:

The only one using "bullshit logic" is you for calling copyright infringement theft.

Someone32 said:

He went into detail of what a torrent file and tracker actually are. I wasn't wrong at all. I said the same thing without the detail.

Of course I don't live in Germany. It doesn't matter where somebody lives since it isn't illegal in any country. Besides you were the one who posted something that was about Europe anyway. It isn't an opinion anyway. Unless a court finds that adblocking and adblockers are in fact illegal then it is a FACT that they are not illegal. Besides if you're going to post something then don't post something from a site that is obviously bias. The name of the site just says it all. It would be like getting abortion news from a pro life website.

Use an actual dictionary instead of Google. In fact I double Google even says that anywhere. Here is the actual definition of steal from the Oxford Dictionary.

Definition of steal in English:

steal
verb

1[with object] Take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.

The key word there is take. Also that was an awful analogy since that's a different definition of the word take. Not to mention you can't steal a quote from a movie anyway.

You obviously missed the point of that message. He was claiming that there are less options left illegally when a simple google search would just prove that wrong. If one site goes down then another five will pop up to take it's spot.

Cognition said:

Everybody has done it at least once.
No you didn't you said a downloadable file, you said nothing about size or anything about a torrent client, and if you did know. Why didn't you addthem to the simplified definition, if those two qualities are so important in understanding the defination?

Actually, it does matter different countries follow different rules, so it's irrelevant proof to use(yes I did and I called it a mistake). Actually, it is an illegal business if your purpose is to circumvent access controls in Europe.
https://pagefair.com/blog/2015/despite-the-hype-isp-adblocking-is-a-no-go-in-europe/
Which is the same to ours in section 103 in where it says "No person shall circumvent a technological measure that effectively controls access to a work protected under this title." So I assumed it was illegal over here too, but it's just the adblockers themselves haven't been taken in court in the USA yet. I guess if you follow the innocent until proven guilty rule, then it is technically still is legal here, but seeing how it ended in Europe, it's probably going to end the same here.Which is why I said it was an opinion for the time being.Read the edit, it's important!Since you didn't feel like reading it the last time, let me tell you what I said, I admitted you kind of won since people are arguing on whether or not it should be illegal.In other words, I'm tired about talking about legal stuff with you, you won shut up, please.

Google has a Dictionary that said the exact same thing. Also, the word steal didn't specify what type of "take" it has to be(though now looking at it, I said "verb" instead of a "noun" which was my bad).Either way, it still says nothing about having to be a physical thing nor having to be the original property.

"Not to mention you can't steal a quote from a movie anyway. "

Screams into a pillowI never said that and it wasn't an analogy. You said that to take something that it had to be a physical thing I used that to prove to you that it didn't have to be a physical thing in order to take it.

No, he didn't he said that quote on quote "Otherwise, well, there ain't that many options left ^^". He wasn't claiming that they were less illegal options left, and after he specified that he wasn't talking about illegal options.
"Haha, well it seems you misunderstood me, but maybe I was a bit vague too ^^

Anyways, I'm well aware of what you're saying, my point was more that if you can't find what you want on either Crunchyroll, Netflix and I would have also said Funnimation, but they somewhat merged with Crunchyroll recently and thus, quite a bit of their stuff can be accessed without subscribing to their website, well, there's pretty much only illegal streaming sites left and yes, I do know that they're definitely not short on numbers!"

Well, that doesn't matter I don't want to start a debate about it anyway, I was just joking around with the last comment to try stop the hostility coming from us. Pretty soon here we might be throwing around personal insults, which of course wouldn't be good.
removed-userOct 30, 2016 9:06 AM
Oct 30, 2016 9:44 AM

Apr 2015
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tylaen said:

Curving the argument to be about the literal definition of theft does you no favors.
Oct 30, 2016 11:01 AM

Aug 2007
Someone32 said:

No you didn't you said a downloadable file, you said nothing about size or anything about a torrent client, and if you did know. Why didn't you addthem to the simplified definition, if those two qualities are so important in understanding the defination?

Actually, it does matter different countries follow different rules, so it's irrelevant proof to use(yes I did and I called it a mistake). Actually, it is an illegal business if your purpose is to circumvent access controls in Europe.
https://pagefair.com/blog/2015/despite-the-hype-isp-adblocking-is-a-no-go-in-europe/
Which is the same to ours in section 103 in where it says "No person shall circumvent a technological measure that effectively controls access to a work protected under this title." So I assumed it was illegal over here too, but it's just the adblockers themselves haven't been taken in court in the USA yet. I guess if you follow the innocent until proven guilty rule, then it is technically still is legal here, but seeing how it ended in Europe, it's probably going to end the same here.Which is why I said it was an opinion for the time being.Read the edit, it's important!Since you didn't feel like reading it the last time, let me tell you what I said, I admitted you kind of won since people are arguing on whether or not it should be illegal.In other words, I'm tired about talking about legal stuff with you, you won shut up, please.

Google has a Dictionary that said the exact same thing. Also, the word steal didn't specify what type of "take" it has to be(though now looking at it, I said "verb" instead of a "noun" which was my bad).Either way, it still says nothing about having to be a physical thing nor having to be the original property.

"Not to mention you can't steal a quote from a movie anyway. "

Screams into a pillowI never said that and it wasn't an analogy. You said that to take something that it had to be a physical thing I used that to prove to you that it didn't have to be a physical thing in order to take it.

No, he didn't he said that quote on quote "Otherwise, well, there ain't that many options left ^^". He wasn't claiming that they were less illegal options left, and after he specified that he wasn't talking about illegal options.
"Haha, well it seems you misunderstood me, but maybe I was a bit vague too ^^

Anyways, I'm well aware of what you're saying, my point was more that if you can't find what you want on either Crunchyroll, Netflix and I would have also said Funnimation, but they somewhat merged with Crunchyroll recently and thus, quite a bit of their stuff can be accessed without subscribing to their website, well, there's pretty much only illegal streaming sites left and yes, I do know that they're definitely not short on numbers!"

Well, that doesn't matter I don't want to start a debate about it anyway, I was just joking around with the last comment to try stop the hostility coming from us. Pretty soon here we might be throwing around personal insults, which of course wouldn't be good.

Because a torrent file IS a downloadable file. I also already linked to where it was found to be legal in Germany which is part of Europe so your link is irrelevant. They will never be illegal. Google most definitely doesn't have a dictionary unless you're talking about the Google Chrome spellchecker where you can add words to a dictionary.

Here's now the definition of the word take which is part of the word steal. take
verb
[WITH OBJECT]

1Lay hold of (something) with one's hands; reach for and hold.
‘he leaned forward to take her hand’

Copyright infringement will not and literally CANNOT be theft because the original is still there unlike walking into a store and actually TAKING the anime instead of downloading it.

Tylaen said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Curving the argument to be about the literal definition of theft does you no favors.

At least you tried.
Oct 30, 2016 2:04 PM

Jul 2015
Drunk_Samurai said:
DanteQC said:
Nice try FBI.

NVE said:

Tylaen said:

Someone32 said:

reverendbrick said:

_Ionic said:
It depends with me.

You know, I meant not exactly $10 of food, just for like a combo or something and still have change left over. However, to counter your point for the heck of it, I could spend exactly $10 of food at McDonald's and save the leftovers for another time for watching anime. Either way, it's a win win.

Thus your argument is invalid lmao
Oct 30, 2016 2:29 PM

Aug 2013
Illegal, a mixture of torrents and streaming. I usually torrent the full series after the series has already ended and I feel like rewatching it soonish/ if I start watching it after the series has finished. For weekly streaming shows, I mostly use streaming sites except for Jojo atm because I want to get the better subs, which usually release almost a week later.

Legal streaming is mostly such a hassle if you're outside the US. In a small country like Finland, they don't even make every currently streaming series available, and I'm not even going to comment on finding older series legally. I prefer supporting the industry by buying figures and gunpla, which I do much more than I should in my current financial situation, really.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Your Strongest and Weakest Recommendation from your Favorites

Pokitaru - 6 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
5 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Apr 26

73 by VivaceRex »»
6 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - Yesterday

26 by L0STIK »»
6 minutes ago

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - 6 hours ago

15 by stellariscxy »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 17

120 by TransferUser »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.