Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2015 8:37 AM

Aug 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Finally caught up to it.

Zeno's married life, that was quite cute and feely at the same time. :')
Apr 8, 2015 12:55 PM

May 2010
This is getting dark...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 9, 2015 5:23 PM
Mar 2012
This series keeps bringing tears to my eyes. Zeno asks Kaya to marry him, knowing full well she's sick and doesn't have much time to live, and he can't do anything about it and feeling more helpless seeing that he can't share his immortality with her. The end of the chapter was pretty heartwrenching as she passed away... TT^TT
Apr 11, 2015 9:55 PM

Oct 2014
that was really sad :( zeno will always lose the people he cares about because they can't live on forever like he can and it's just ;^;

the ending really got to me though..

poor zeno, he had such a happy time with kaya for the little time she had left in the world, and it was such a shame she wasn't aware of zeno's powers as ouryuu and when she asked zeno about meeting up in the heavens.. that must have hurt him.
Apr 13, 2015 10:01 PM

Jul 2009
Now we know why Zeno started to refer to himself as a third person. It was so that he wouldn't forget his name even after hundreds of years, as Kaya suggested.

And the title is so sad yet so fitting, "The Little Ship that Never Reaches Shore".
When someone dies, it's said that their soul would cross the river of death on a boat and they would be able to go onto their afterlife but to Zeno, who cannot die, his ship cannot reach the shore. T_T

I think that at the end of the story, Zeno will become capable of passing on and he will no longer have to be alone. Hopefully :)
Apr 19, 2015 12:15 AM
Nov 2010
^ Normally, death isn't something you'd want to wish on characters you like, but in Zeno's case... I also hope that at the end of this series, he'll be able to die. (LOL)

This was a really sad chapter, though... ;__; Poor Zeno...
Apr 20, 2015 6:06 PM

May 2013
The feels won't stooooooop

Edit: The feels finally stopped my gosh I want this to be animated
SweetCoconutSep 21, 2015 2:16 PM
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 20, 2015 10:28 AM

Sep 2014
fr0zendragon said:
Now we know why Zeno started to refer to himself as a third person. It was so that he wouldn't forget his name even after hundreds of years, as Kaya suggested.

And the title is so sad yet so fitting, "The Little Ship that Never Reaches Shore".
When someone dies, it's said that their soul would cross the river of death on a boat and they would be able to go onto their afterlife but to Zeno, who cannot die, his ship cannot reach the shore. T_T

and now you made me even more sad ;_; Zeno really is an embodiment of the saying that 'the saddest people are the brightest'
remember me for centuries;
Sep 21, 2015 9:36 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Aww Zeno's wife died. :3 And Zeno is like a parent to everyone too.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Sep 21, 2015 11:19 AM

May 2014
Good backstory, very deep.
Sep 21, 2015 12:30 PM

Sep 2015
And the Zeno arc draws to an end. This arc has been quite sad yet a little hopeful at the end. I wonder what'll happen next now.
I turn myself invisible.
Sep 21, 2015 8:25 PM

Apr 2010
Aww, Zeno met them all as children. Loved the hug at the end.
Sep 21, 2015 10:07 PM

Apr 2014
uzaaya said:
^ Normally, death isn't something you'd want to wish on characters you like, but in Zeno's case... I also hope that at the end of this series, he'll be able to die. (LOL)

This was a really sad chapter, though... ;__; Poor Zeno...

I agree. It's too cruel a fate to out-live all your loved-ones.

I though about that possibility too. The other dragons never united with the reincarnation of the king.
Sep 22, 2015 6:33 AM

Aug 2010
Dat hug!! Dat friggin hug. I teared up so much T^T....from happiness tho :*)

I've been hearing lots about Zeno's backstory arcs and knew quite a bit about it so I thought I was ready emotionally but hell no I wasn't. Cried like a bitch at how sad his life's been.

I love all the dragons so much but u just can't deny his story is the most impactful. The way Kusanagi-sensei depicted Zeno's psyche and struggle throughout the 2k years was just beautiful.

Loved how we saw him visiting the current dragons when they were young. Watching the sign of Yona's birth with Kija, Shin-ah knowing he's the yellow dragon and maybe even Kija. And poor Jaeha chained up :(

Really looking forward to see where this will go now.
Sep 23, 2015 5:53 AM

Aug 2014
Dat moment between Zeno and Kaya was so cute, just a shame even he knew it would not last long ;_; Zeno easily has the saddest backstory out of all the dragons, I just want to give him a well deserved hug so badly ;~;

But that ending with him having a big group hug was so nice to see after these few tear breaking chapters.
Sep 23, 2015 10:04 AM

Jan 2014
Zeno's backstory was great. Although it was cliche the author handled it very well. I tested up once or twice while reading.

Poor Zeno. He deserves better.
Sep 23, 2015 11:36 AM

Mar 2013
I wish Zeno's backstory would've been a little longer, maybe more of his relationship and time spent with Kaya or some stuff he did on his journey, or even how he first saw Yona. But it was still great nevertheless.

I wanted to burst into tears at the end of this chapter, however I was on the bus, so I had to hold it.... TT~TT

Sep 23, 2015 2:13 PM

Aug 2010
CherryAqua said:
I wish Zeno's backstory would've been a little longer, maybe more of his relationship and time spent with Kaya or some stuff he did on his journey, or even how he first saw Yona. But it was still great nevertheless.

I wanted to burst into tears at the end of this chapter, however I was on the bus, so I had to hold it.... TT~TT

Oh yeah. I would've loved to see his reaction to first seeing Yona. Would've been awesome. Maybe some other time?
Sep 23, 2015 7:44 PM

Nov 2014
That was a really sweet ending and I'm glad Zeno's found a sort of peace with himself (especially after the last chapter ;;)
Sep 24, 2015 5:20 PM

Mar 2013
Awww, young Ki-ja, Shin-ah, and Jae-ha were so adorable. I kinda hope the Ki-ja and Shin-ah remember meeting Zeno when they were younger.
Oct 2, 2015 2:16 AM

Apr 2014
Zenoooooooooos :C This was so sad. But I love the new turn + depth to the story.
Oct 9, 2015 3:26 PM

Aug 2014
Damn i never expected that Zeno met all the dragons when they wrere younger, nice touch there

I absolutely adored Zeno's backstory from start to finish, i didn't think much of him at first but he truly became of my favs now.
Nov 2, 2015 11:01 AM
Jul 2014
It's really nice that we now have Zeno's background; I've been waiting for it for a while now. I just picked up the manga after finishing the anime adaptation. Finished the manga in one day. I guess my question is... how often do they release chapters? This chapter was released way back Sept. 21 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。
Mar 23, 2019 8:01 PM
Jan 2019
It feels like something stabbing my heart, im holding back my tears somehow. I like the part where he proposed Kaya and the way he hugged the other three dragon warriors and the reincarnation of King Hiryuu. Very touching story. :(
Mar 4, 2020 4:14 AM

Sep 2018
I have no words to describe how much I love Jeno.
Stop wasting time on MAL, go watch Planet With!
Jun 6, 2020 4:40 PM
May 2020
This has been such a satisfying backstory, as we have been waiting so long. Still, . . . . . . . he has been wondering around the country for millennium (or more) and he only had a wife ONE TIME?!?!?!? AND HE NEVER DID ANYTHING ELSE, LIKE ACTUALLY LEARN HOW TO PROPERLY FIGHT, FOREIGN LANGUAGES, ETC?!?!? I have a hard time believing that he didn't learn a bunch of cool stuff and explored the whole planet during all these centuries. I love Zeno, very much, he is my husbando ... but this is really ridiculous. There has to be more that happened!
Jun 7, 2020 7:13 PM
Jul 2018
1Konochi said:
This has been such a satisfying backstory, as we have been waiting so long. Still, . . . . . . . he has been wondering around the country for millennium (or more) and he only had a wife ONE TIME?!?!?!? AND HE NEVER DID ANYTHING ELSE, LIKE ACTUALLY LEARN HOW TO PROPERLY FIGHT, FOREIGN LANGUAGES, ETC?!?!? I have a hard time believing that he didn't learn a bunch of cool stuff and explored the whole planet during all these centuries. I love Zeno, very much, he is my husbando ... but this is really ridiculous. There has to be more that happened!

In regards to Zeno learning to fight, his body can't actually change in anyway, like he'll never be particularly strong because he's stuck with the same body he currently has and no amount of training is going to change his muscle mass or anything. As for everything else, I dunno, I agree for the most part.
Feb 23, 2023 3:36 AM

Nov 2021
man, I wanna hug Zeno so badly (┬┬﹏┬┬)
he was already my favorite, now I like him even more...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 257 Discussion

crocodileman94 - Apr 19

5 by Jogii »»
Apr 22, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 185 Discussion

shanimebib - Dec 20, 2019

26 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 256 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Apr 4

7 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
Apr 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 175 Discussion

CrookedPanther - May 20, 2019

32 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 152 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lacznosc - Dec 21, 2017

68 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 10, 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.