Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2015 12:18 PM

Jan 2013
wow so hide did die in the manga as well but by being eaten by kaneki O.O,dem i though hide was just an illusion there (or was hoping).Really sucks when a supporting character is saved the first time but still dies in the end,feels anticlimactic
Mar 26, 2015 12:19 PM

Mar 2012
How disappointing. This episode was brutal in comparison to the last 3-4. They didn't need to reminisce about the cafe again, since they already did that (and did well the first time). They also didn't need 10000 shots of the cafe burning. The light/dark contrast during Kaneki and Hide's conversation just felt awkward, as did Kaneki's long walk holding Hide. What even was the point of that, exactly? This episode was a mess.

And of course, holy lol at the acoustic Unravel insert.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Mar 26, 2015 12:20 PM

Aug 2014
Btw, did thy already take care of the dead bodies? Or were Amon and Seidou's bodies not there when they arrived?

Mar 26, 2015 12:21 PM

Apr 2014
kannequi said:
Btw, did thy already take care of the dead bodies? Or were Amon and Seidou's bodies not there when they arrived?

There bodies weren't there so I suppose they got taken away.
Mar 26, 2015 12:23 PM

Mar 2012
silverwalls said:
that... was awful. wtf? not even unravel could save this shit.
As an insert song, Unravel can only make things much, much worse.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Mar 26, 2015 12:24 PM
May 2013
So Hide was the body on the poster huh, dammit i will never look at that picutre the same again. Liked that they played Unravel in the end.
Pandora hearts broke my heart
Mar 26, 2015 12:26 PM

Jul 2011
What the hell happened? And what was that fucking 10 minutes walking scene?!

I have to finish the manga because this last episode had no sense for me.
Mar 26, 2015 12:27 PM

Dec 2013
Wanted to see more...well let's home there will be a sequel next year :)

Gonna read manga now!
Mar 26, 2015 12:34 PM

Apr 2013
sooo... is there like an continuation to this?
The whole season felt like it was building up to something, something that never really happened. So much introduced but never resolved. And dramatizing Hides death so much, but actually I couldn't really care about him because he got hardly any development. Also, when people hyped over Arima and I wasn't even sure who he is...
The show feels like it's just really enjoyable for a manga reader while I think an adaptation should be able to stand on it's own. When they are trying to force me so hard into reading the source material I don't really feel like doing so...
Mar 26, 2015 12:34 PM

Sep 2014
Noro was merciful duh, no missing limbs.
Mar 26, 2015 12:35 PM
Sep 2013
So the ending finally came and I'm not disappointed. The Kaneki Vs Arima fight was off screen but anyone can guess what happens since Arima single handly fought the owl. The whole scene was a nice touch. Touka being saved by Ayato. Then her later opening Re. This season is going to have so many mixed reviews but I'm giving. 9/10
Mar 26, 2015 12:37 PM

Jul 2013
I was so impressed by the figurative meaning of the latter portion of the episode! Hide put his all (his humanity) into trying to make kaneki coffee--An instance that can define humanity as caring for others even when you are down or also in need (as hide was literally bleeding to death). From this endeavor kaneki regained his sense of humanity, revealed by the figurative coloration of his hair and eyes. I found it interesting how towards the end, it was practically a clash of humanity vs. humanity (as opposed to humanity vs. ghoul). I think that in this series hide stood as the pedestal of humanity and both the ghouls and civilization at large have a lot to learn from hide's example if they are to live together in peace, something touka was forced to learn as she was forced to let kaneki act as a martyr even though it pained her to let him go.
Mar 26, 2015 12:42 PM

Oct 2013
There are thing that need to be explained,so we need a third season asap.

Mar 26, 2015 12:43 PM
Sep 2014
Mar 26, 2015 12:43 PM

Sep 2009
I'M SO DISAPPOINTED -________________-
BOOOOORRRIING!!!

i have so many things to say I'm so mad!!! >___<
I expected so much.. grrrr!!!!
Mar 26, 2015 12:45 PM

Jul 2008
Awful ending holy shit
Mar 26, 2015 12:48 PM

Jul 2012
No full kakuja, no Arima vs Kaneki, no hide got eaten. They didnt even show Kaneki's death. I mean WTF? Only thing i liked about this final is acoustic unravel version... Hope we wont get :RE adaptation till we get a remake.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2015 12:49 PM

Mar 2015
i must say that it was pretty deep when kaneki was carrying hide. Didn't expect that hide was the one that kaneki carried in the promo :/. Really enjoyed this season. Now to read the manga
Mar 26, 2015 12:49 PM

Mar 2015
I don't really get where you people all get this shit about "Kaneki eats Hide, and kaneki dies."

I haven't really read the manga, planning to do so. But, There really is no proof about anything of that happening, so stop making false assumptions. 8|
Mar 26, 2015 12:53 PM

Apr 2014
Ghost_Radical said:
I don't really get where you people all get this shit about "Kaneki eats Hide, and kaneki dies."

I haven't really read the manga, planning to do so. But, There really is no proof about anything of that happening, so stop making false assumptions. 8|

You'll understand once you read the manga.
Mar 26, 2015 12:55 PM

Oct 2014
So the body in the white cloth from the promo picture was Hide's body TT_TT
I could have never guessed! The way they were both killed off like that makes me so mad! But that scene when Kaneki was carrying him with Unravel in the background was beautiful!
Mar 26, 2015 1:00 PM

Jul 2014
Well... I mean... at least that acoustic version of Unravel was nice.
Mar 26, 2015 1:00 PM
Mar 2014
Not even Unravel saved this episode for me...

I guess my expectations were crushed and i'm honestly pretty butt hurt about it lol
Mar 26, 2015 1:06 PM

Sep 2013
the only thing I liked about tga were the suzuya/shinohara scenes and the ending song. That's all. episode 12 was just bad just like the rest of the anime.

Mar 26, 2015 1:06 PM

Mar 2015
Could someone point out the things that were different/missing in the last anime episode in comparison to the manga?

Arigatou!
Mar 26, 2015 1:11 PM

Oct 2013
Helenus said:
Could someone point out the things that were different/missing in the last anime episode in comparison to the manga?

Arigatou!

Stop asking about the manga you lazy fucks,go read it,its probably the best choice you can make in your pitiful lives if you havent already read that masterpiece.
Taimanin_IreliaMar 26, 2015 1:16 PM
Mar 26, 2015 1:11 PM

Sep 2013
Pls don't call this thing an anime.

I slept when I watching this final ep.

Pls forget this season, she is ridiculous.
Mar 26, 2015 1:12 PM
Sep 2014
Helenus said:

Arigatou!

Mar 26, 2015 1:12 PM

Jan 2013
Anti-climatic ending...very very slow and unentertaining.
Mar 26, 2015 1:17 PM
Sep 2014
Wyzdm said:
Wow that was even worse than I expected

Helenus said:

Arigatou!

Almost everything is different, if you want to know the story written by Ishida read the manga from chapter 1.

I honestly don't think you have to start from the beginning; you only have to read from where season 1 left off. I myself watched season 1, then read the manga immediently afterwards(this was a while ago) and felt little to no difference, aside from the omission of a single event as well as the chronological rearrangement of others.
Mar 26, 2015 1:19 PM

Feb 2015
I somehow expected an ending like this. idk why
Mar 26, 2015 1:19 PM

Oct 2013
BakaDood said:
Wyzdm said:
Wow that was even worse than I expected

Almost everything is different, if you want to know the story written by Ishida read the manga from chapter 1.

I honestly don't think you have to start from the beginning; you only have to read from where season 1 left off. I myself watched season 1, then read the manga immediently afterwards(this was a while ago) and felt little to no difference, aside from the omission of a single event as well as the chronological rearrangement of others.

No,you stop that,STOP BAD BAKADOOD,STOP.

Go read it from the start,no bullshit like "WHERE SEASON 1 LEFT OFF BLABLA"
Its a very stupid move if you do that.
Its just 120-ish chapters,it takes no more than a few hours depending on your speed.
Mar 26, 2015 1:25 PM
Feb 2015
This whole season was shit but can someone tell me why Kaneki covered Hide in a blanket while carrying him? From what I see it was just for dramatic effect when it blew away. I'm just wondering if there was any deeper meaning.
Mar 26, 2015 1:27 PM
May 2013
i have to say,this season of tokyo ghoul has the best fights and the best AMVs ever. There was just so many awesome fights to pick from to make a good AMV.
Mar 26, 2015 1:27 PM
Sep 2014
Wyzdm said:
BakaDood said:

There is a lot of differences and lots of stuff skipped out as well. It'll be a bit boring since one already knows what happens at many parts which is why I think one should speed read the manga till the Anteiku arc.

[spoiler] Alright, tell me everything that was left off, up until Kaneki's triumph over Jason, in the anime. Like I said, the only differences I saw was that Touka and Kaneki didn't visit the CCG in school uniforms, and the Hanami/Touka/Kaneki vs Mado/Amon fight, as well as the Gourmet arc, occured in reverse order. Like I said, an anime only watcher could understand everything up until the second season, at which point a HUGE amount of highly important events were taken out.
Mar 26, 2015 1:28 PM

Oct 2013
Generalmoose2nd said:
This whole season was shit but can someone tell me why Kaneki covered Hide in a blanket while carrying him? From what I see it was just for dramatic effect when it blew away. I'm just wondering if there was any deeper meaning.

Cover of TG root A.
Mar 26, 2015 1:29 PM

Dec 2014
So, TG has wrecked my heart yet again. The pain is real...

And I'm in denial about Hide. :'(

Of course manga is better, and you can't compare it to anime. And also the story is different. I'm a bit disappointed, but I enjoyed this anyway. It has some good points.

There is some good OST, like Glassy Sky, On my own, ending (Kisetsu wa tsugitsugi shindeiku) and this beautiful version of Unravel from last ep.

As I said, the story is different. I don't hate it, after all it was Ishida who wrote it. But I think it's enjoyable only for people who read manga, because otherwise you won't understand what's going on. Oh, and only if you don't compare it to manga, because it's like comparing a summary to an amazing book. So it was ok, about 5.5/10.

Art: ending cards by Ishida are masterpieces. They are beautiful - I love each one of them. And imo, they can tell better stories in about 1,5 min than what is in whole episode. Like that card about Hinami from 7th ep. Also I like the graphics. The fights look amazing. But a big minus for Arima's design - he looks like a character from yaoi, like many has already pointed out. His fighting is cool, but that face...

So overall I would rate it about 7/10. Why so high you may ask. Because:
- it was written by Ishida,
- I'm TG fan and I enjoy everything associated with TG,
- I really liked music and art,
- I don't compare this to manga.

So it's probably higher than it deserves, but I don't care. It's your problem, if you can't sleep at night because someone has a different opinion. 7/10

Edit: I'm changing it to 7, because after thinking it through -good- fits better than -very good-.
kania_tanMar 27, 2015 4:54 AM
Mar 26, 2015 1:31 PM

Oct 2014
I hate feeling disappointed at the end of a great series and loved when unravel was played. But this episode was meh fair enough though it was just a breather but tbh this series kind of let me down. The main reason is the opening was absolute shit I mean who thought it would be good opening song I know most people skipped it and I would of too, but here's the sad part if I skipped the opening like other people I would have hardly seen Kaneki at all this season.
I did really enjoy the season over all I think I might just give the manga ago due to hearing a great response from its fans. Well wouldn't mind 3rd season because I loved season 1
Mar 26, 2015 1:32 PM

Aug 2014
Tokyo ghoul. So sad. 4/10
🗿

I am easily entertained.

Mar 26, 2015 1:36 PM

Apr 2008
chingira said:
Does this count as hint or something?

Actually :RE is a direct reference to Tokyo Ghoul :Re manga. Continuation from where the original tokyo ghoul ended. http://myanimelist.net/manga/81117/Tokyo_Ghoul:re
Manga is relatively fresh as it started publishing last October so I wont be anticipating a new tokyo ghoul season any time soon.

Major spoilers ahead.

Runs away.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Mar 26, 2015 1:39 PM
Dec 2014
I you give this garbage more than 5/10, then you are a delusional fanboy. Heck, even fanboys should not give this lazy piece of crap anime high scores.

My only hope is someone other than studio Pierrot makes a proper season 2 (S1 was decent enough not to be remade) and continues TG:re.
Mar 26, 2015 1:40 PM

Nov 2012
Liked this season better than S1 so I might bump this from a 4/10 to a 5/10 (idk,though this season was pretty bad).

Idk,I liked the action and Ghoul Kaneki,aside from that nothing else.

Also Unravel ftw.
Mar 26, 2015 1:42 PM

Feb 2013
FrozenRemains said:
Helenus said:

Arigatou!

Stop asking about the manga you lazy fucks,go read it,its probably the best choice you can make in your pitiful lives if you havent already read that masterpiece.

You complain about folks not reading the manga yet you spoon-feed them what they were asking for?
Mar 26, 2015 1:43 PM

Jan 2012
Okay so I'm part of the minority who actually enjoyed this season. The first few episodes were slow af, but towards episode 9 it got really good. Kaneki and Hide having a moment for the last time was bittersweet. It seems Noro beat Hide up just the right amount to kill him slowly and make him suffer.. Showing Kaneki carry Hide with Unravel playing in the background was cruel.

Full season : 6/10
Episode 9-12 : 8/10
Episode 12: 10/10

For those of you who don't know but keep asking and don't want to read the manga.
minaeshiMar 26, 2015 1:53 PM
Club Aerosol
Mar 26, 2015 1:45 PM

Oct 2013
gedata said:
FrozenRemains said:

You complain about folks not reading the manga yet you spoon-feed them what they were asking for?

I must be nice so they listen to me.
They think "oh shit this guy helped me and explained stuff to me" i trust him now,cool guy! maybe i go read the manga indeed,he must know what hes talking about!
Mar 26, 2015 1:46 PM

Sep 2014
hidead
Mar 26, 2015 1:48 PM

Apr 2014
Can someone explain to me in a spoiler tab what V14 is? Everyone that read the manga keeps talking about YOU SHALL NOT PASS lol

The feels at the end tho.

EDIT: I'm gonna start reading the manga lol.
Mar 26, 2015 1:49 PM
Sep 2013
the ending felt emotional in a completely different sense than the manga did, to be completely honest. the change was nice, if not really, really sad wow

Mar 26, 2015 1:50 PM

Apr 2009
It wasn't good, wasn't bad, just average. I would say though, that this episode brought down the series a notch. I wasn't too thrilled with the lack of animated Arima vs. Kaneki, though the symbolism of Arima standing tall at the end should speak for itself.

Episode 2/5
Series 2.5/5

Honestly not sure the direction they're going to take with this, but I will tune into a 3rd season should the opportunity arise. Reading :Re is painful, and I would like to avoid it if possible.
Mar 26, 2015 1:55 PM

Mar 2015
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR ANSWERS!

I must confess, as a full time-fudanshi, I rarely read any manga from other genres. So I will most likely not read 100+ chapters of Tokyo Ghoul (although it seems to be quite good).

So the anime seemed to quite a nice way to get in touch with this work.

So thanks again for all responses!
Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

37 by Zimmu »»
Apr 3, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

300 by RapidPhantom »»
Jan 23, 7:50 AM

» From a strictly anime only viewpoint, Tokyo Ghoul S2 was good ( 1 2 )

CickNipolla - Feb 15, 2022

53 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Dec 23, 2023 7:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.