Forum Settings
Forums

What is your favorite sports team and what makes them your favorite?

New
Mar 22, 2015 2:35 PM

Dec 2014
TItle

Please do not assume that someone lives in the same region that houses their favorite team. That is often NOT the case. If you are not comfortable with saying the team, just comment the sport and the reason why you love that (undisclosed) team.

For me, it's the Edmonton Oilers of the NHL. It's a city that gave my parents a new life. I grew up a lover of the game of hockey and it's because of that emotional place that I love the Oilers. I won't say whether I live there anymore but I can say that wherever I go, it's something that I'll flaunt (despite being the worst team of the decade).

If you don't watch sports/don't care about sports/have an irrational hatred of sports please don't tell us. No one cares.
Mar 22, 2015 2:40 PM

Jan 2014
I love the Philadelphia Eagles for NFL. Ever since I was little I would see donovan mcnabb on tv and I would be in awe. Seeing how Chip Kelly is arranging the team now makes me wonder what the hell he is doing. But I will still root for them :3
Mar 22, 2015 2:41 PM

Jul 2014
WHO DAT

Mar 22, 2015 2:42 PM

Feb 2013
WILDCATS! cuz they have their heads in the game but the hearts in the song.

Mar 22, 2015 2:43 PM

Oct 2013
I would have to go with FCB Barcelona. I've always been a fütbol fan since I was young. I'm not sure why I chose Barcelona as a favorite. I've been there before so that might be one reason. Otherwise, they're a pretty good team as well.
Mar 22, 2015 2:43 PM

Jun 2013
The Oakland A's because my dad used to take me to games all the time when I was younger and I love baseball. I just have great memories of those times.
Mar 22, 2015 2:45 PM

Dec 2014
I've been an Oilers fan for around a decade now too, but I've taken a break from watching them play because they're having another bad season. Jeez, I think I've watched around 600 games of them, 150 minutes long each the past 8-9 years of them not making it to the playoffs.
Mar 22, 2015 2:47 PM

Dec 2014
Tigervu said:
I would have to go with FCB Barcelona. I've always been a fütbol fan since I was young. I'm not sure why I chose Barcelona as a favorite. I've been there before so that might be one reason. Otherwise, they're a pretty good team as well.

Agh. I've never really liked Barcelona. Or La Liga in general :p. I'm all about Crystal Palace of Premier.

Here's an anecdote: All of my Japanese relatives LOVE Barcelona. Also, all of them have Messi as a favorite player.
Mar 22, 2015 2:48 PM

Dec 2014
DefMos said:
I've been an Oilers fan for around a decade now too, but I've taken a break from watching them play because they're having another bad season. Jeez, I think I've watched around 600 games of them, 150 minutes long each the past 8-9 years of them not making it to the playoffs.

Remember '06. Good times.

Oilers Fan and Mos Def username? You rule.
Mar 22, 2015 2:50 PM

Aug 2014
Dallas Cowboys. When I was little they were perennial contenders and I've probably watched every game from the past 20+ years. I was even at the Super Bowl they won in January of '93, destroying the Bills. Michael Jackson was the halftime show too. They're pretty much the focus of all sports coverage around here, so it's hard not to be on board if you live in the area.
Mar 22, 2015 2:52 PM

Dec 2014
I don't even have a favorite team,in any sport on my see probly.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Dec 19, 2016 12:39 PM

Jan 2014
My personal favorite sports team:

NHL Team: Winnipeg Jets - I'm just personally thankful that we have a team again in Winnipeg, after the old Jets team left and became the Phoenix Coyotes in the 1990s.

NFL Team: Seattle Seahawks - I watched a game on my way back from the states, and the team grew into while I watched more games.

MLB Team: Seattle Mariners - I actually went to a Seattle Mariners game back in 2012 when I taken a trip to the states to see my own cousin.

CFL Team: Calgary Stampeders - Winnipeg Blue Bombers are way too shitty to count as a good team....
From the very beginning, I'm never someone who tells others to do what they don't want to do, but I'm purely against ideological policies like affirmative action and so on that forces people to deny biological practicality.
Dec 19, 2016 1:35 PM

Nov 2014
All Detroit sports so
NBA: Detroit Pistons
NFL: Detroit Lions
MLB: Detroit Tigers
NFL: Detroit Red Wings

How of all these, the Pistons are definitely my favorite team since I'm an avid basketball fan.
Dec 20, 2016 10:04 AM

Nov 2010
San Diego Chargers for me. Loved that team since I was in middle school. Always been a San Diego fan.

More topics from this board

» How are your cooking skills

ST63LTH - 2 hours ago

8 by LoveYourEyes »»
10 minutes ago

» why are the nordic countries so happy? ( 1 2 )

deg - Mar 29

56 by traed »»
1 hour ago

» Have you tried the WacDonalds sauce?

tsukareru - 3 hours ago

9 by BitChilly »»
1 hour ago

» FAvorite philosopher and Why ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Nov 4, 2018

111 by ProtoSelf »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - Apr 27

47 by Noboru »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.