Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 5, 2009 7:59 AM

Oct 2009
Nayrael said:
(Saten is still a normal level 0, and would probably still be able to use magic.)

She wouldn't because she has gone through the process that was supposed to reveal her esper powers. Even if she failed, her brain has been tempered with and using magic would be fatal for her.

So I'm not the only one who got a bit pissed at Uiharu dodging the question
about the flowers? :P
I really want to know their purpose!

Can't help it :P
The Railgun author doesn't know himself and won't know until the Index author reveals it (yes, Uiharu is an Index character)

What................O_O She is a Index character! How do you know that? No way she is? How can this be? We have to wait until second season of Index for this?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 5, 2009 9:24 AM

Nov 2007
BEST.EPISODE.EVER!!!

wow I loved this so much, it was touching and exciting at once!!

http://gamesmind.wordpress.com/2009/12/05/to-aru-kagaku-no-railgun-10-dont-trust-the-stripper/
Dec 5, 2009 9:45 AM

Aug 2009
I have a weird feeling. I noticed that in ep 11 preview, the scientist's eyes are red like Misha when release power of angel. Is she also an angel like Misha from the main series? Well, I guess I could just read the manga.
Saten is my favorite chick. it's a shame she's only a side character in the main series.
BTW, this spin-off is 24 episodes long? Equal to the main series season 1. When will they air the 2nd season? :(
Dec 5, 2009 11:22 AM

Sep 2009
Now THIS episode had me on the edge of my seat. It was so great... Agh, I was just shouting at my computer when it told me "To Be Continued". I seriously feel like I'm going to die with suspense.

Surprisingly, I didn't cry, but boy did I feel for those characters. Can't wait to see how the epic battle turns out next time, what with red-eye stripper lady vs. Railgun and all.
-
Dec 5, 2009 12:21 PM

Aug 2008
From the first moment I saw that Doctor lady for the first time I saw the OP I knew she was a bad guy! Errr girl.

Macindows was funny! lol.

wow so many discussions going on this time. (Read francismeunier quotes).

Only two of them had levitation, and Saten has the ability to control wind. The 4th person/friend, didn't seem to show off her powers.

I wonder what Uiharu's power is too. Flower Power! Flowers...GROW! lol.

Very nice episode, and the sentimental touch between the character's this episode was good as well.

Guns drawn...Esper battle...Can't wait for next time :).
Dec 5, 2009 1:25 PM
Jul 2008
I knew that stripper lady was the villain from the start, so there was no suprises there. But I found the giant network of human brains plot interesting and less predictable. The story was also presented in this episode in quite a comprehensible manner. Railgun may have a fair amount of filler and the story has been slow to develop so far, but at least the story is being explained and developed well.
Dec 5, 2009 2:32 PM

Nov 2008
It's finally getting interesting again, suspense = woot.
But it's kind of lame that the stripper scientist happens to be the culprit..
EDIT:
KEKEKEKE.
IT"S TIME FOR SOME CRAAAAZYY! (Yes, I love me some crazy)
desolatoDec 5, 2009 2:37 PM
Dec 5, 2009 2:43 PM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:
What is wrong with Kiyama's eye here? Part of her power? PM me a spoiler anyone that can
It just means she's a CRAAAZZY lady and ready for some badass kick yo ass fighting, I hope.
Dec 5, 2009 2:46 PM

Jan 2008
Monad said:
Anyone who knows how Microsoft stole the windows idea from Apple will really laugh his ass with the Macindows thing.

What it was is that Microsoft actually beat Apple in the race to see who could steal from Xerox the fastest.

francismeunier said:
I know what it is and I tell you it's selfish and stupid but you can wait...

Probably wants to accumulate all the esper abilities and become a God.
AkagiDec 5, 2009 2:59 PM
Dec 5, 2009 3:03 PM

Jan 2009
Akagi said:
francismeunier said:
I know what it is and I tell you it's selfish and stupid but you can wait...

Probably wants to accumulate all the esper abilities and become a God.

Apart from being quite cliché, that would actually be kinda cool : >
I surely wouldn't mind. Oh except for the fact that Saten was stricken with a coma D:
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 5, 2009 4:31 PM

Sep 2009
i cried xD
and the next episode looks like itll be epic i want to see what the stripping lady can do xD

Dec 5, 2009 4:56 PM

Oct 2009
desolato said:
francismeunier said:
What is wrong with Kiyama's eye here? Part of her power? PM me a spoiler anyone that can
It just means she's a CRAAAZZY lady and ready for some badass kick yo ass fighting, I hope.
Guess she is...can't wait for her powers to show....she needs some Misaka beating her up.

Dec 5, 2009 5:27 PM

Jan 2008
Oh wow, what a complicated yet brilliant idea behind 'level upper". Can't wait for next episode.
Dec 5, 2009 6:37 PM
Oct 2007
So I was right, Saten did miss the side effects part of the conversation. Nevertheless, the friendship between her and Uiharu is really sweet and I'm glad she showed immediate repentance. I hope Saten will be okay when she wakes up.
Dec 5, 2009 6:47 PM

Jul 2009
DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN SHAWTYYYYYYYYYY. cant wait for the fight!!!!! :)
Dec 5, 2009 9:59 PM

Dec 2007
It’s interesting to see Saten and her ability: Wind. I knew that Saten chose Level Upper and she collapsed later. I loved how the friendship between Saten and Uiharu has. I am not very surprised that Kiyama is a culprit as she indeed did it, but I wonder what her motives are. I am looking forward to the next episode.
gameoffreak8Dec 5, 2009 10:03 PM
Dec 5, 2009 9:59 PM

May 2007
Doctor showed up to save the day as he always does, and Saten is asleep and surprise it was the undressing lady.
My anime list
Dec 5, 2009 11:31 PM

Jun 2007
Seven77 said:
The level 0s all got levitation/wind abilities.

Also; under this current theory people wern't having their powers increased, but receiving powers from anyone in a coma. (Saten is still a normal level 0, and would probably still be able to use magic.)

Uiharu cries too much >.>

Actually everyone has to have some level of power or else no one would gain anything from this little networking experiment. Think of it like bittorrent. If you're connected to 1 person that has a shitty connection then the download will take forever to complete. However if you connect to 10 people with shitty connections, the download will become fast since it's gathering data from multiple peers at the same time. So the reality of it is Saten may be a level 0 but she's still capable of doing something. Just not noticeable to the naked eye and obviously not enough where they can classify her as a level 1.

I wonder what would happen if Toma touched the coma people's heads XD.
Dec 5, 2009 11:45 PM

Apr 2009
DeathfireD said:

DUDE!

That is BRILLIANT!
Dec 6, 2009 12:34 AM

Jan 2009
vucubcaquix said:
DeathfireD said:

DUDE!

That is BRILLIANT!

*BOOM* Explosion : D
wat
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 6, 2009 12:44 AM
Aug 2009
vucubcaquix said:
DeathfireD said:

DUDE!

That is BRILLIANT!

Unfortunately at this time Touma was busy with a certain Index and her yearly problems...
A great episode, and very well done. Indeed having the director from Toradora made sure the science and emotional stuff did not turn out to be boring and awkward (I'm staring at you Index!!!) This series is really good, and the fight, mostly likely spanning two episodes, will take us to the half way point. Awesome.
Now some comments...

First the powers; Saten was not specified in the manga but here has wind manipulation. This is not the same as her friends, who already had power! They were level ones while Saten was a level 0. Remember, the only one whose powers were shown said that before show could only move small items like paper clips.

Uiharu's power is still undisclosed, even the voice actor doesn't know the power, as she commented somewhere, but it is reported to be level one and not relate to the flowers. You will not get to see it this season most likely.

The frog faced doctor is the heaven canceller from Index, and he will met Touma in a few days time...

The Level Upper file links all the AIM fields (powers subconsciously emitted from Espers) to a network by making all the brainwaves similar. The comatose people in the network supply the majority of the brain power and abilities to those in the network conscious. They are basically leaching of the others and sharing powers.

Now some spoilers and more info from the manga...
Lucid_YumeDec 6, 2009 1:20 AM
Dec 6, 2009 1:16 AM

Oct 2009
vucubcaquix said:
DeathfireD said:

DUDE!

That is BRILLIANT!

Exactly! It would be great if they do that in the serie. Nice one DeathfireD.
Lucid_Yume said:
Unfortunately at this time Touma was busy with a certain Index and her yearly problems...
A great episode, and very well done. Indeed having the director from Toradora made sure the science and emotional stuff did not turn out to be boring and awkward (I'm staring at you Index!!!) This series is really good, and the fight, mostly likely spanning two episodes, will take us to the half way point. Awesome.
Now some comments...

That will be interesting to see details over 2 episodes than rushed over one.
Lucid_Yume said:
First the powers; Saten was not specified in the manga but here has wind manipulation. This is not the same as her friends, who already had power! They were level ones while Saten was a level 0. Remember, the only one whose powers were shown said that before show could only move small items like paper clips.

So if Saten gets to level 1 by herself...she cn have wind manipulation or not exactly...
Lucid_Yume said:
Uiharu's power is still undisclosed, even the voice actor doesn't know the power, as she commented somewhere, but it is reported to be level one and not relate to the flowers. You will not get to see it this season most likely.

It is not related to flowers but then it can be to vegetation?
Lucid_Yume said:
The frog faced doctor is the heaven canceller from Index, and he will met Touma in a few days time...

I though so but then he has not met Touya yet....could be interesting if they show around when he meets Touya in Railgun....maybe even some Index.
Lucid_Yume said:
The Level Upper file links all the AIM fields (powers subconsciously emitted from Espers) to a network by making all the brainwaves similar. The comatose people in the network supply the majority of the brain power and abilities to those in the network conscious. They are basically leaching of the others and sharing powers.

Now finally I understand better then we are saying here amplification
Now some spoilers and more info from the manga...
Based on your spoiler it looks very exciting but also Touma could prove to be very useful here.....wonder if Misaka can handle this problem....
francismeunierDec 6, 2009 5:57 AM

Dec 6, 2009 11:01 AM

Apr 2009
francismeunier said:
Nayrael said:
(Saten is still a normal level 0, and would probably still be able to use magic.)

She wouldn't because she has gone through the process that was supposed to reveal her esper powers. Even if she failed, her brain has been tempered with and using magic would be fatal for her.

So I'm not the only one who got a bit pissed at Uiharu dodging the question
about the flowers? :P
I really want to know their purpose!

Can't help it :P
The Railgun author doesn't know himself and won't know until the Index author reveals it (yes, Uiharu is an Index character)

What................O_O She is a Index character! How do you know that? No way she is? How can this be? We have to wait until second season of Index for this?

Because he read's the novel(something that I'll do next week XD) of Index.
And the story is muuuuuuch mooore advanced...
And yes,he's correct. =P
Dec 6, 2009 12:44 PM

Mar 2008
Oh noes... Saten-san :(
I'm really surprised the stripping sensei is behind this...
Ahah, the frog doctor is back too, maybe we'll see Touma helping Mikoto in next ep ? ;)
Dec 6, 2009 12:44 PM

Jul 2008
dam
looking forward on how the fight will turn out XD
and lulz if Touma ends up saving the day XD

yay for that frog-like doctor's appearance lol
Dec 6, 2009 2:19 PM

Oct 2009
ClearSinz said:
dam
looking forward on how the fight will turn out XD
and lulz if Touma ends up saving the day XD

yay for that frog-like doctor's appearance lol

Touma needs to be more in this serie....he could help Misaka shock Kiyama badly.

Dec 6, 2009 6:10 PM
Aug 2009
Yea... like I said, Touma is busy with Index, then Stiyl, then Kanzaki, then passed out for three days, then busy with Index again, then in the hospital, when he meets the doctor, during the time that spanned from the restaurant scene(which was supposed to link the series) to after the level upper arc. Not much time for helping…
However, Touma was cut from two scenes that should have taken place during this arc, and even Stiyl was supposed to cameo…
Dec 6, 2009 7:20 PM

Nov 2009
Episode was great, except for one major issue. That Lamborghini Gallardo sounded NOTHING like a real one. The CG rendering wasn't terrible, but the Gallardo sounded like a Honda Civic, not a supercar with a screaming 5.0 liter V10. Listen to last few seconds before the ED when you can hear the engine running, and then listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hovbx6rvBaA (skip to 2:40 if you don't particularly like cars and just want to compare the noises).

Needless to say, the sound in the show is an affront to that beautiful symphony coming out of a real Gallardo.
Dec 6, 2009 8:34 PM
Mar 2009
What a turn of events. This episodes was good, nice scene between Saten and Uiharu also, it felt very emotional. So it turns out Kiyami was behind this all along, I should've seen that coming but oh well, I'm interested to learn more about this.
Dec 6, 2009 9:52 PM

Jan 2009
Yay, an actual plot. I thought the powers thing was cool, but I'll feel trolled if Saten-san wakes up with a 0 power level again at the end of this. :/
Dec 7, 2009 2:46 AM

Oct 2008
Lucid_Yume said:
vucubcaquix said:
DeathfireD said:

DUDE!

That is BRILLIANT!

Quick question about this, are the events of Railgun and index running the same time line? I was trying to work out in my head if the opening skirmish between Touma and Mikoto was the same indecent from different perspectives.

This is bearing in mind i started railgun first and have just started getting through index.
Dec 7, 2009 6:46 AM

Sep 2008
Great ep! Amazing! Yay for plot!!

So, Kiyama was the one behind it as expected!!
Next ep is gonna rock!!

5/5 ep!

n yea, technology in animes rock!!!

Macindows and Outel! I'd rly like to live till the day that happens hehe (Like that'll happen, idiot!)

Hey, Kuroko! What's that roll-out screen phone??
I wanna have one too!! No fair! xPP

Can't for the epicness next ep~

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Dec 7, 2009 8:32 AM

Jul 2009
Can't wait for the next episode. Hope we can see nice fight scene.
Dec 7, 2009 9:04 AM
Aug 2009
The resturant scene in the first ep of index and the bridge battle between Touma and Biri Biri was supposed to have taken place already(2 eps ago during the resturant scene that was to tie them together) . Touma would be helping Index before his memory loss at this point. Around the conclusion of this arc would be when Touma ends up in the hospital and meets the frog faced doctor who explains his fried brains...
Dec 7, 2009 4:21 PM

Oct 2009
Tensai-Kun said:

Hey, Kuroko! What's that roll-out screen phone??
I wanna have one too!! No fair! xPP

Can't for the epicness next ep~

Hey I want one too you know! Gah! Want one!

Dec 7, 2009 10:15 PM

Nov 2007
Whoo. Next episode is the epic battle scene.

Dec 8, 2009 3:45 AM

Feb 2008
i bet our nullifying friend will play a part soon. he keeps showing up every now and then and each time with more interaction.

the idea of using brain power on a network is quite interesting though. the brain is basically one giant supercomputer operating at 10-13%. this might turn out to be fun.
Dec 8, 2009 3:28 PM

Jan 2008
That was really unexpected. Next episode looks like awesome. Can't wait.
Dec 8, 2009 6:22 PM

Oct 2008
Near the end it was a chore to keep watching.

Paper thin characters that aren't interesting and no plot. Didn't they learn anything from the piece of crap that was Toaru Majutsu no Index?

This is by far the most overrated show this season, but i guess people watch it for the young girls.
Dec 9, 2009 12:51 AM
Aug 2009
Index certainly had its flaws. The pacing was off, the plot was all over the place, and the episodes became awkward and dragged a bit. There were also many logical and scientific contradictions with the abilities and actions. Many of the characters lacked depth and were poorly developed. I felt that this was most likely due to the lack of a proper director and scriptwriter, since the animation, voice actors and music were quite well done. What kept me watching were these points, as well and the intriguing story, despite the flaws. This stems from the fact that the original material, the manga and the novel, have good character development, an engaging plot, and a slightly confusing yet interesting scientific overtone.
Railgun has the same benefits as the first season, with good animation, music and voice actor work. JC Staff found the problem with the first season and addressed it by having the director of Toradora take over for this series. This guy seems to really know what he is doing, and the episodes so far, including the last, have done extremely well is taking the original material and adapting it to an anime.
Dec 9, 2009 11:40 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Lucid_Yume said:
Index certainly had its flaws. The pacing was off, the plot was all over the place, and the episodes became awkward and dragged a bit. There were also many logical and scientific contradictions with the abilities and actions. Many of the characters lacked depth and were poorly developed. I felt that this was most likely due to the lack of a proper director and scriptwriter, since the animation, voice actors and music were quite well done. What kept me watching were these points, as well and the intriguing story, despite the flaws. This stems from the fact that the original material, the manga and the novel, have good character development, an engaging plot, and a slightly confusing yet interesting scientific overtone.
Railgun has the same benefits as the first season, with good animation, music and voice actor work. JC Staff found the problem with the first season and addressed it by having the director of Toradora take over for this series. This guy seems to really know what he is doing, and the episodes so far, including the last, have done extremely well is taking the original material and adapting it to an anime.

QFT.

You just nailed this 100% right. The source material is really interesting but the first season (Index) failed to deliver it correctly.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 9, 2009 9:56 PM

Oct 2008
As long as you pretend the first season ended right after the first story arc, it is a pretty good show. After that, the writing and character progression (the main character being the biggest offender as he is someone who totally loses his memory and yet his character does not change in the least amazingly) becomes painful and they stop trying to make any sense. The greatest irony is that after abandoning the plot after the first story arc, the end of season actually tries to restart the plot again.

I'd always assumed this was due to problems with the source material, but it is possible the transition just destroyed any sense of character/plot progression.
Dec 11, 2009 11:13 AM

May 2008
I always knew there had to be something more to her.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Dec 15, 2009 1:04 AM

Nov 2007
lmao so the evil scientist stripping lady is to blame for all this =O how nice lol @ the OS references that was different xD
Dec 15, 2009 6:06 PM

Sep 2009
i still want to know what is uiharu's power!!!
Dec 19, 2009 8:55 PM

Aug 2008
Well I'm having fun, despite all the technical talk & detective work. The payoff has been worth it.

DKJ
Dec 21, 2009 4:30 PM

Jun 2009
Anyone catch the "Outel i7" and the Macindows EXP? XD XD XD
Dec 21, 2009 4:50 PM

Jan 2009
Jrittmayer said:
I would be seriously confused if someone did not tbh xD.
Dec 21, 2009 5:09 PM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
Jrittmayer said:

lol I only read the first page of comments :P

Now I feel stupid :(
Dec 21, 2009 5:12 PM

Jan 2009
Jrittmayer said:
Oosran said:
Jrittmayer said:
lol I only read the first page of comments :P

Now I feel stupid :(
Oh but you don't have to feel stupid because of that, I for one always checks the first page, nothing else, I'm too lazy : > (If there is more than 1 page, that is)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

UnknownFact - Jan 2, 2010

169 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 23, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

throwaway513846 - Dec 25, 2009

224 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 23, 10:13 PM

» Do you like Kuroko’s horniness, or do you think it’s annoying?

SwagsOnB - Oct 2, 2023

31 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Do you like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun?

SpinStudios - Oct 25, 2021

18 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

164 by TheAncientOne »»
Feb 25, 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.