3It was OK
3.8%
2Disliked it
0.5%
1Hated it
2.7%
Average 4.7
185 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 18, 2015 10:42 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Main team visiting shark team. Maid kissa?! and with hell?? lol~ Mamo's character is butler.

Hosoya-san's character and main guy is still awkward, though.

Shuffling survival game. It seems like the kouhais thought of that idea for breaking the awkwardness. Main guy/Hosoya-san's character team is messy as expected, and got surprise attacked first. lol @ Miyata-san's character, though. So Hosoya-san's character has no sense of direction. Pink hair guy got involved during the game, too. So many funny fan services. But they use what they know about each other. It's nice to see Hosoya-san's character being a gentleman to Mamo's character's sister. The ones that got left out are those two awkward guys, too, so they had to team up, too, for a while. lol @ the main guy enjoying the water and losing in the end.

In the end, everyone's friendly to each other. Nice~
tsubasaloverMar 18, 2015 10:46 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 18, 2015 10:42 AM

Feb 2015
Ok, this managed to re-ignite my love for free! big time.
God it reminded how much I miss this amazing show, and it was fun to watch.
Rin in a butler suit was so hot it's not fair.
Mar 18, 2015 11:56 AM

Nov 2012
oh my god this was sooo good :> i laughed so much during that survival game, it was awesome. also rin as butler <3 hnnng
Mar 18, 2015 12:10 PM

Nov 2012
2straight4me
Mar 18, 2015 12:23 PM

Aug 2014
This special is like a gift from God. I laughed and smile and enjoyed it a lot! Now I'm even more sad this is the end of Free, I'm for sure going to miss it. :(
no signature because im too lazy to make one
Mar 18, 2015 12:30 PM

Jan 2013
I AM LITERALLY CRYING

I screamed, laughed, and cried a lot during this episode. It is such perfection. It made me so happy. I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. Also much fanservice for every pairing hohoho...

I could write so much more about what I loved about this but like; everythi ng

sen d he lp
Mar 18, 2015 12:42 PM
Apr 2012
Can i ask where you've watched it?
I cant find a link of it T.T
Mar 18, 2015 1:13 PM

Aug 2014
It was amazing. Like Phantomi said it reminded me why I loved free!

For anyone who wants to watch it, tumblr user: fencer-x subbed it here: fencer-x.tumblr.com/post/113962460281/subbed-ova-is-up-by-yours-truly-d-and-if-you
Mar 18, 2015 1:14 PM

Feb 2015
AbyssalAlice said:
This special is like a gift from God. I laughed and smile and enjoyed it a lot! Now I'm even more sad this is the end of Free, I'm for sure going to miss it. :(

Please don't remind me... a small part of me hopes it will return but... sigh... at least it will always be in my heart.
Mar 18, 2015 1:23 PM

Jul 2008
My love for Free is burning just from this episode alone. I honestly wouldn't stop fangirling~
Mar 18, 2015 1:38 PM

Jul 2013
The love I had for this episode was unreal! It just makes me crave even more!
Mar 18, 2015 2:09 PM

Sep 2008
I love it!
I love everything in this OVA~

I couldn't stop laughing xD
So many good moments!
I want more!
Mar 18, 2015 4:41 PM

Feb 2013
Fascinating to see the guys and the interactions between Haru and Sousuke. Ai and Momotarou as maids were a plus in this special. Too many laughs!

Mar 18, 2015 6:50 PM
Jul 2018
The sougisa was so strong in this one, it made my day. I feel so pleased with this OVA, looking forward a season three or another OVA at least.
Mar 18, 2015 8:47 PM

Sep 2014
Loved everything about this OVA. Makes me miss watching these characters every week.
Mar 18, 2015 9:25 PM
May 2014
I loved watching it. Needs more Gou though.
Mar 18, 2015 9:35 PM

Sep 2014
Loved this OVA! there were so many ships (same ones and new ones) all over the place! You can hear all the fangirls crying tears of joy. (I know i was lol)
I love my MakoHaru but i was just so happy when Sousuke and Haru began to get along with each other. Like yay! This special was totally worth the wait.
Mar 18, 2015 11:01 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
That Momotarou fanservice though.. and if that wasn't enough, look at Nagisa checking him out more. They shipped MomoGisa hard!

Saba-game was good though. Poor Kisumi being used as a shield by both Sousuke and Rin was pretty funny!

Gou getting soaked was easily the best part of the episode! Does Sousuke have a thing for her or something? It kinda seemed like it. :3

Rei's "death" scene was hilarious! Lol'd so hard at his fatality and how he coughed up water before dying! XD

Such an anticlimactic end to the game. Sousuke's sacrifice was totally in vain.

Decent OVA. It was nice seeing Haru and Sousuke becoming friendlier towards each other. Only complain is that it needed more Gou screentime.

Mar 19, 2015 2:43 AM

Aug 2014
Sousuke, get away from GOU!!!! SHE BELONGS TO RIN!!!!!!

Get your own Imouto/Onee-san
Mar 19, 2015 11:42 AM

Jan 2014
Wow that was great! I wish to see more...:)

Mar 19, 2015 11:48 AM

Apr 2008
This was actually really great! Pretty much everything I could have asked for in a Free special!

Mar 19, 2015 12:09 PM

Jun 2008
This is what i love about Free. It was cute and fun :3
I just wish we got to see Rin in a maid outfit ; u ;
Mar 19, 2015 12:11 PM

Apr 2013
This was a cute and fun episode!
Mar 19, 2015 12:42 PM

Feb 2015
Chibi-Alice said:
This is what i love about Free. It was cute and fun :3
I just wish we got to see Rin in a maid outfit ; u ;

SAME
like they could have shown it as a flashback from last year, or had that as the endcard, like please one day let me see it ;-;
Mar 19, 2015 2:16 PM

Aug 2014
Seriously, another Free special/ova please, this was so awesome-

I laughed so hard during the whole special, especially at Haru's water orgasm xD

It was nice to see Sousuke and Haru get along <3

And Makoto was so freaking yandere during the game xD
DestyPuffariJan 1, 2018 10:16 AM

Mar 19, 2015 3:47 PM

Oct 2012
I once said that this OVA would be a blast to watch. I was right.
Mar 19, 2015 5:41 PM

May 2014
Yes, the fanservice is so wonderful it makes my nose bleed.
Mar 19, 2015 7:56 PM

Apr 2013
That was so much fun
Haru intentionally got hit lol
Mar 19, 2015 8:01 PM

Mar 2015
Finally, the very last episode of Free! has been released. I must confess that I slightly lost interest in the series after it's second season (and obviously it's last) ended.

So I almost forgot about this unaired episode. But I'm very lucky that I found it subbed so quickly (thanks to the translator!). And what should I say? This OVA is Free! at it's best!

I'd like to emphasize some points I especially liked about this episode:

1.) The 'topic' of this episode from a fujoshi's/fudanshi's point of view: 'eiaculatio praecox' or to put more vulgar: who will shoot first?

The phallic symbolism (water guns) was quite obvious. For a show that claims to be not a shounen-ai/yaoi series, these themes are quite prominent. And I love the show for this.

2.) Sousuke: Though it doesn't answer what happened to him after the end of season 2 (but it was clear that this OVA would be set in the time before the ending of the last season), it's nice to see that he got along

well with the other boys in the end. And of course something happened what a lot of fans waited for for a long time: finally some Sousuke/Makoto interaction. I assume a lot of people can die with no regrets now (me included :D ).

3.) A male 'pantsu-shot': Let me remind you: this is NOT a gender-bender or a yaoi show. Free! was the last anime I would have expected to see a male pantsu shot. Momo-kun never fails to entertain me. I'm not sure because I did not watch the show in a long time but was there ever a Gou-pantsu-shot? :D It seems the producers know EXACTLY who their audience is and what it wants to see. Thanks Kyoto Animation!

4.) Haru's orgasm.

Do I have to say more? ;D

5. ) At the moment there is a little 'discussion' about what Nagisa wanted to tell the guys about Makoto and Haruka at the end of the episode. Unfortunately he's voice was cut because of the background music. A intentional tease or a random scene? Some people want to believe that he wanted to say: 'Well, our Haru-chan and Mako-chan. Actually, they're ..... DATING!" xD Yes, I agree with those people. In a perfect world Nagisa would have said something like this. But this is KyoAni and I have to recycle a meme I created for the second season to comment on this:

Mar 20, 2015 3:37 AM

Aug 2011
the episode was much more fun than what I expected!! =D

I was screaming and laughing crazily!! XDDD

free! is always showing more than what I expect to see, it's really a masterpiece for us! <3

beside the known couples, there was... like everyone with everyone!! that's really crazy!!XD

I really wanted to know if Makoto would really shooting Haru or not but damn you Nagisa little s**t as always x3

there was floating water everywhere but it seems that Haru couldn't resist taking it from Rin in the end it was like "Rin + water = positive orgasmic" XDDD

poor Sousuke his secrifice was for nothing XD (at least he became in good term with Haru)

the biggest news was what Nagisa was about to say "acutally Makoto and Haru are....." you do know what we would guess so don't be mean more than you are and say it :p

it was enjoyable seeing kisumi there and I do think that Sousuke and Haru don't like him XDD

I am really happy for watching this lovely special episode but sad at the same time knowing that this -might be- the end :"(

~~~~~~~~love you free! forever~~~~~~
Mar 20, 2015 6:01 AM
Jul 2014
I loved this OVA!!! It was funny, cute and entertaining as hell :D <3
Geez I was laughing and fangirling so much it's not even normal lol.
I was super happy about the fact that Sousuke and Haru were finally getting along :) that was nice to see.

*sigh* Free! You will be missed :(
Mar 20, 2015 11:35 AM

Dec 2012
I honestly thought that my highest level of fangirling was reached at ep 12 of ES, but this fudging beat it!

ALSO!

I counted the ships! There were 15 ships in total that I have seen and though of before,
and 4 that were newly introduced!

But dayum! The SouHaru is strong with this one!
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Mar 20, 2015 12:53 PM
Aug 2014
Now that Free has ended, my life is over ;_; I feel so empty inside now
Mar 20, 2015 1:48 PM

Nov 2013
My dreams of seeing Rin in a maid outfit got crushed... though not that the butler outfit doesn't suit him.
Poor Kisumi. Haru totally shot him on purpose too, he was too touchy with Rin.
Seeing more Gou would have been better, but other than that it was everything I wanted a Free! OVA to be.
Mar 20, 2015 5:35 PM

Feb 2014
Nagisa: "Let's do it at the Iwatobi Festival next year!

Me: Yes, next year! *Hoping for a hint of another sequel of some sort before the end of the episode*

-Doesn't get one ;_;

But anyways, this really brought back the feels of seeing almost everyone again after months of the last episode airing.

-Kurisuta- said:
it was everything I wanted a Free! OVA to be.

Definitely.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Mar 20, 2015 10:20 PM

Apr 2013
Makoto-sama is still BEST BOY!

Mar 21, 2015 5:15 AM

Sep 2013
I like how KyoAni decided to take everything that we know and love about Free! and put it all together to make this OVA! It really hit all the right feels~! <3 Sousuke feeding Rin, Nagisa feeding Rei, and Yandere! Makoto chasing after Haru was a blessing to my eyes. Rin's English was as perfect as ever. I liked how Sousuke used Kisumi as his shield and how Haru shot him on purpose. Nagisa's betrayal and Rin's dramatic revenge for Rei made me laugh hard. Makoto's ability to read Haru like the back of his hand never ceases to amaze me.... It makes me wonder what Nagisa wanted to tell everyone concerning their relationship. They really should just get married already!! XD

I think this OVA really expanded on Sousuke's enigma personality which didn't really come to light until the last few episodes of ES. Sousuke telling Makoto to drop the -kun was very reminiscent of Haru telling Makoto to drop the -chan. Sousuke and Haru saving each other and making up really put a smile on my face. :D

.... How could Haru ever turn his face away from Water-kun? Haha. I hope they make an Iwatobi Festival OVA next time~! <3
DoragonessUMar 21, 2015 5:31 AM
Mar 21, 2015 6:07 AM

Aug 2014
DoragonessU said:
I like how KyoAni decided to take everything that we know and love about Free! and put it all together to make this OVA! It really hit all the right feels~! <3 Sousuke feeding Rin, Nagisa feeding Rei, and Yandere! Makoto chasing after Haru was a blessing to my eyes. Rin's English was as perfect as ever. I liked how Sousuke used Kisumi as his shield and how Haru shot him on purpose. Nagisa's betrayal and Rin's dramatic revenge for Rei made me laugh hard. Makoto's ability to read Haru like the back of his hand never ceases to amaze me.... It makes me wonder what Nagisa wanted to tell everyone concerning their relationship. They really should just get married already!! XD

I think this OVA really expanded on Sousuke's enigma personality which didn't really come to light until the last few episodes of ES. Sousuke telling Makoto to drop the -kun was very reminiscent of Haru telling Makoto to drop the -chan. Sousuke and Haru saving each other and making up really put a smile on my face. :D

.... How could Haru ever turn his face away from Water-kun? Haha. I hope they make an Iwatobi Festival OVA next time~! <3

Not everything.....

We didnt get to see Gou call Rin "Onii-chan" in this OVA. ;_;
Mar 21, 2015 9:22 AM

May 2009
:(
can someone please PM/comment me where the eng sub version is? I'm surprised I can't find it. Please.

Ah.. had to dig through a couple pages into google.

no dammit, it's the raw! :'( someone link me. :(

gehh... finally found a softsub. I watch it tomorrow now. I dead. X_X
KundaliniMar 21, 2015 2:06 PM
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Mar 22, 2015 12:13 PM

Mar 2012
So much humor and good feelings throughout the episode. I'm really happy with how it turned out, and I'm even more excited for the Free! movie c:
Mar 22, 2015 12:30 PM
Mar 2015
silverwalls said:
oh my god this was sooo good :> i laughed so much during that survival game, it was awesome. also rin as butler <3 hnnng

Yeah, me too :)

It was awesome, funny and I loved seeing all the characters enjoy life together.

I also liked that there was little conflict for once.

All the special moments between the characters were great as well.
Mar 22, 2015 12:37 PM

Feb 2015
Oh yeah, apparently free! is getting a movie in December.
So yes, there is more, I would be so sad to see this show end fully when it does ;-;.
Mar 22, 2015 12:44 PM

Dec 2008
dat "dying" of rei and rin going out for revenge was absolutely hilarious xDxD
all those overly dramatic "sacrifices" reminded me a lot of that gin no saji episode when they snuck out at night xD
Mar 22, 2015 3:06 PM

Jul 2013
omg omg omg omg omg I am literally crying rn. I just watched the episode and omg omg omg.

It was really nice to see everyone bonding, especially Haru and Sousuke.

Best things:
- Rin as a butler, AAAAAHHHHHHH (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*: ・゚✧
- Harus face as he gets water on him
- Ai-chan disguised as that cardbord-muscle-thingy
Mar 22, 2015 7:26 PM

Jun 2012
That was very gay.
Mar 22, 2015 9:14 PM
Aug 2011
well that was actually quite fun

When Rei was shot and they pan to the glasses whilst Rin screams REIIIII!
That scene was very Shinpachi/Gintama-ish lmao.

Shuhan said:
That was very gay.

As Free! should be.
Mar 23, 2015 12:03 AM

Jan 2015
DoragonessU said:

Loved this OVA! Didn't know how I missed these boys till I watched it :)

You talking about the similarities btw Sousuke and Haru was even pointed out by the other characters. Maybe that's why they can't get along....

Ahh! I wish we could have more lol
Mar 23, 2015 10:40 AM

Sep 2013
I just realised that even though Sousuke supported the biggest gun, he kept shooting blanks in front of both Makoto and Rin.... Whoops. ;)
Mar 24, 2015 3:39 PM

Dec 2009
Nitori was so cute in the maid dress.

Momotarou and Nagisa getting along? And Momotarou even giving him a nickname. How cute. Somehow I feel sorry for Nitori if those two are friends...

Rin as a butler. So hot. I'd love to see the Iwatobi boys as butlers too.

Glad to see Kisumi again. He's a cutie.

Rei's "death" scene, omg. And Makoto and Haruka dramatically staring each other down. Just all of the water gun parts, I can't even.

Haru and Sousuke were cute. At least they're trying to get along now.
Mar 27, 2015 7:08 AM
Jul 2012
Have you ever noticed that this is at the #84 position in MAL? WTF?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» PV

dmr - Feb 4, 2015

12 by MaryHelen »»
Mar 18, 2015 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.