Sekai no Kurosawa (One Shot)
Isobe Isobee Monongatari (CP)
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Bleach
[b]Lady Justice[/b]

Well that one escalated quickly
Jul 9, 2015 11:11 AM

Apr 2011
Bleach still has volume sales to back it, but considering what happened to Beelzebub, it needs to start ranking up if it doesn't wanna get canned. If it does get canned, I hope Kubo brings back Zombie Powder.
Jul 9, 2015 11:28 AM

Oct 2013
yhunata said:
Bleach still has volume sales to back it, but considering what happened to Beelzebub, it needs to start ranking up if it doesn't wanna get canned. If it does get canned, I hope Kubo brings back Zombie Powder.

Bleach has enough street cred to not get cancelled. Plus its still selling fairly well.
Jul 9, 2015 11:30 AM

Jun 2013
keragamming said:
yhunata said:

Bleach has enough street cred to not get cancelled. Plus its still selling fairly well.

Don't we all have a bit of anime street cred?

It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Jul 9, 2015 11:45 AM

Jan 2014
One Piece breaking a record, again:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-08/one-piece-no.78-sets-2015-manga-record-for-1-week-sales/.90224
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 9, 2015 11:49 AM

Jan 2013
yhunata said:

High unlikely,Toriko in the other hand.I wouldn't say it's more probable of it being cancelled but the chances aren't that low.Manga has high promoting worked side to side with the 2 biggest mangas and still sell about the same as Boku no hero with is a new series.

From recent chapters it looks a little like they're trying to rush it,they probably noticed the manga wouldn't be able to go that far like it looked some time ago.
Jul 9, 2015 2:14 PM
Oct 2013
riqueterremoto said:
yhunata said:

High unlikely,Toriko in the other hand.I wouldn't say it's more probable of it being cancelled but the chances aren't that low.Manga has high promoting worked side to side with the 2 biggest mangas and still sell about the same as Boku no hero with is a new series.

From recent chapters it looks a little like they're trying to rush it,they probably noticed the manga wouldn't be able to go that far like it looked some time ago.

The promotion wasn´t jump´s doing according to the wiki.
Mitsutoshi himself asked Oda if he´d like to draw a collab and Oda agreed, as for Toeriko and Toeipiece that was to advertise the Anime.

Mitsutoshi is just horrifying with characters.
He´s good with powerlevels and world building. But even for a One Piece fan Toriko feels ridiculous.

A typical example of a toriko move.
I´m gonna shoot my dick at you! Wait what? Why your dick? Why won´t you use your arms or legs to attack me? Because my gourmet cells are strongest concentrated around my dick so the firepower of my dick is 500 megatons worth that´s like a meteor of the size of north america hitting you!

DESTROYER DICK!
Jul 12, 2015 1:20 PM
Oct 2013
I don´t know what place would be appropriate to ask this, but I´ve just watched Dragon Ball Super episode two and I remember that Flashback with the promise, but does anyone know how Bulma and Vegeta became a couple?

It seems like the most random thing ever written.
Did it all happen just off screen? Because I just remember Bulma being worried about him and him resenting her and all of sudden Trunks was born.
Jul 12, 2015 1:46 PM

Dec 2012
It's heavily implied in the manga that Bulma checked on Vegeta after one of his hard training, he collapsed, she took care of him inside the house, the rest is obvious.
Jul 12, 2015 7:11 PM

Sep 2013
favorite manga authors poll result
#1 gintama
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1405135
For being this well liked you don't hear much of the fandom :(

Isterio said:
does anyone know how Bulma and Vegeta became a couple?

Jul 12, 2015 7:22 PM

Dec 2012
ichii_1 said:
#1 gintama

In art? or just in general? if it's general I'm surprised at Togashi and Isayima lower rank
if it's art:
> Inoue not being first
> impossibuiru!

Gintama always places high in those kind of polls. Female fanbase too strong.
Jul 12, 2015 7:28 PM

Sep 2011
ichii_1 said:
#1 gintama

Isterio said:
does anyone know how Bulma and Vegeta became a couple?

Pretty cool, glad to see Gintama is liked so much over in Japan.
Jul 13, 2015 10:50 AM

Mar 2014
You'd think Fillerkoi's author would be placed a little higher though.
Best Blue (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)

First chapter of this was pretty intense. I'm glad Viz has added it to their publication. Hirakata's art has improved immensely from the oneshot.
Jul 15, 2015 7:00 AM

Dec 2012
Is gear 2nd a DEM/Asspull?
Jul 15, 2015 7:23 AM
Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:

Yes but so is Chidori, the end.
Jul 15, 2015 7:29 AM

Dec 2012
Lol?
Jul 15, 2015 7:36 AM

Sep 2013
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ICHIGO!

If you have a pixiv account go see the artwork posted there and if you don't go make an account NOW.

Shounen Jump Issue 34:
Ansatsu Kyoshitsu (Cover, Lead CP)
Shokugeki no Souma
One Piece
Best Blue (CP)
Boku no Hero Academia
Haikyuu!!
Shoujo Fukkyuu Recovery Q (CP, Golden Future Cup Entry #1)
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Gintama
Nisekoi
Hinomaru Zumou
Black Clover (CP)
Toriko
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Kagamigami
Lady Justice
World Trigger
Devilyman
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Bleach
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 35:
Cover, Lead CP: Boku no Hero Academia
CP: Haikyuu!!, Deadman Killer (Golden Future Cup Entry #2)
absent: one piece
Jul 15, 2015 7:38 AM

Dec 2012
First time seeing souma #1
Jul 15, 2015 7:40 AM

Nov 2010
ichii_1 said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ICHIGO!
Why is it Ichigo's birthday?
Jul 15, 2015 7:44 AM

Jun 2012
tsudecimo said:

No. It's just Luffy evolving his abilities+One Piece physics. It's not even an insta-win button or anything.

Zoro's Asura on the other hand....
Jul 15, 2015 7:57 AM

Sep 2013
Kinkara said:
ichii_1 said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ICHIGO!

The day you are born on is called your birthday.

Ichigo is the best character of the big 3 easily.
He's just so cool and devoted.
Ichi x Hime

Jul 15, 2015 8:27 AM

Jan 2015
ichii_1 said:
Kinkara said:

Ichi x Hime

Ichi x Rukia FTW
Jul 15, 2015 9:45 AM

Jan 2014
Ichi x Ken you plebs.

Also, Kubo is pretty low on the favourite mangaka list. Is it something he said? General attitude maybe?
And congratulations to Gorilla-san as well.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 15, 2015 10:20 AM

Sep 2013
RedRoseFring said:
Ichi x Ken you plebs.

Also, Kubo is pretty low on the favourite mangaka list. Is it something he said? General attitude maybe?
And congratulations to Gorilla-san as well.

Kubo's toned down nowadays :(
He's no longer rocking the shades and isn't going out for interviews and appearances so often.
Must be his wife nagging him "sigh"

If ne piece can increase to 4 million so can bleach
So saying bleach can't have an increase with a new anime is retarded.
It might even break 15 million with the backlog.
ichii_1Jul 15, 2015 2:15 PM
Jul 15, 2015 10:25 AM
Oct 2013
Kaimon said:
tsudecimo said:

No. It's just Luffy evolving his abilities+One Piece physics. It's not even an insta-win button or anything.

Zoro's Asura on the other hand....

Why is Asura an asspull?

Isn´t that more like some sort of Aura thingy?

I´ve always put Asura into the intimidation category similar to this from Toriko.

Is it actually confirmed that his damage increases with it?
Because if it is it´s on the same bullshit level as Sanji´s Hell memories.
Jul 15, 2015 10:26 AM
Jun 2015
Jul 15, 2015 10:40 AM
Oct 2013
8animet said:

As it should be!

Like a week to late with the "news"!
To be honest no one should be surprised anymore.

Call us when some manga manages to dethrone One Piece.That´d be interesting.
The increase of AoT was an interesting phenomenon. But as expected it went back steadily. The same with Taizai. There will be always Hot shit for 1 year to make an appereance.

But it´ll get really interesting if a manga manages for 5 consecutive years to surpass One Piece. Which is like a big FU currently. There is too much competition that makes anything new drown. Maybe if Toriyama would announce a new long running series, but that chance is long gone.
Jul 15, 2015 12:13 PM

Oct 2013
Isterio said:
8animet said:

As it should be!

Like a week to late with the "news"!
To be honest no one should be surprised anymore.

Call us when some manga manages to dethrone One Piece.That´d be interesting.
The increase of AoT was an interesting phenomenon. But as expected it went back steadily. The same with Taizai. There will be always Hot shit for 1 year to make an appereance.

But it´ll get really interesting if a manga manages for 5 consecutive years to surpass One Piece. Which is like a big FU currently. There is too much competition that makes anything new drown. Maybe if Toriyama would announce a new long running series, but that chance is long gone.

The manga sales have been dropping significantly, only a few series have actually sold over a million copies per volume a year. For a series to constantly beat one piece every year it would have to sell more than 3 million volumes and it will have to be a weekly series.

Scratch off what I just said. I forgot that series like nanatsu no taiza releases a volume like every two month. If nanatsu no taizai had per volume sales like snk. Oh, boy one piece would have to rely on its backlog sales to be #1 each year. That's if its back log sales would be enough.

keragammingJul 15, 2015 12:18 PM
Jul 15, 2015 12:57 PM
Oct 2013
keragamming said:

The manga sales have been dropping significantly, only a few series have actually sold over a million copies per volume a year. For a series to constantly beat one piece every year it would have to sell more than 3 million volumes and it will have to be a weekly series.

Scratch off what I just said. I forgot that series like nanatsu no taiza releases a volume like every two month. If nanatsu no taizai had per volume sales like snk. Oh, boy one piece would have to rely on its backlog sales to be #1 each year. That's if its back log sales would be enough.

You know that Taizai comes out in the same magazine Fairy tail get´s published? You also know that Fairy Tail is weekly?

So no Taizai is a weekly manga, from what I´ve heard (rumors) it has certain hiatuses, but so does One Piece.

As for One Piece dropping significantly, I wouldn´t say that. One Piece pre Marineford was around 5-6 million I think 8 at best.

What actually happened was One Piece had a fanbase that competed with Naruto and Bleach.Sometimes only surpassing them by 100k sales and Losing i think two consecutive years to Death Note.

Then Marineford happened and everyone who was watching it bought One Piece(30 Million sales). The hype died out and it still is higher than pre Marineford sales.

My assumption. New fans joined the One Piece fanbase during Marineford.
Those new fans had to catch up. explaining the 30million sells. Some left the fanbase others stayed however,the fanbase grew by around 30%.

Why because the sales went from 8 million to 11-12 million yearly.
Other fanbases like AOT or NNT received the same treatement. Their fanbases rapidly exploded and now they are in their pending process it calms down tilll it reaches the amount of fans who´ll read the series to the end.

Btw I´m pretty sick of a certain rumor that says Manga and Anime is dying sales went down by 2%etc.Reality is, volume sales or Tankobon are increasing exponentially. I think the resent increase was around 4%.
Weekly magazins like Jump are dropping in sales nothing else. People just learned to pick their stuff. And I would too why eat shit with your cream if you can have cream alone.In the past people would buy Jump for One Piece HxH Naruto and Bleach nowdays Jump is full of shit besides One Piece and a few others. People are just tired to pay for shit like Lady justice or mediocore stuff like Boku No Hero or Black Clover.
IsterioJul 15, 2015 1:00 PM
Jul 15, 2015 1:39 PM

Oct 2013
^ I don't understand why you're telling me that nanatsu no taizai is a weekly manga. Anyways here is the proof that it releases a volume every two month. nanatsu-no-taizai.wikia.com/wiki/Manga

I didn't say anything about one piece sale is dropping. You don't have to explain to me about the anime/movie boost effect and so on, I understand all that. You're not talking to a noob here.

When I was talking about sales decreasing I was mostly talking about there are less series selling over a million volumes compare to the past. Naruto is now gone, leaving about 3 or 4 series selling at those level.

I feel you misunderstand me completely. All I was saying is that a series doesn't necessarily need to sell more than one piece in terms of per volume to beat it. All it needs is to dish out volumes quickly like taizai while having sales like snk. And the rest is history.
keragammingJul 15, 2015 1:46 PM
Jul 15, 2015 2:06 PM

Jun 2014
keragamming said:
When I was talking about sales decreasing I was mostly talking about there are less series selling over a million volumes compare to the past. Naruto is now gone, leaving about 3 or 4 series selling at those level.

While this is true, I feel like this is just a transitional stage. Currently, One Piece, SNK, HxH and Kimi ni Todoke sell more than 1 million per volume. But everything seems to point that Haikyuu, Tokyo Ghoul, Assassination Classroom and Nanatsu no Tazai will reach that level (or very close to it) this year so Naruto already has a lot of successors.

@Isterio What Kera means is this: OP releases 4 volume per year which sell ~3 million each. 3mil*4= 12 million. So for NNT to reach its level it needs to sell 2 million per volume since it releases 6 volumes per year (2mil*6= 12 million), it doesn't need to be as popular as One Piece (I've neglected backlog sales for simplicity).
Jul 15, 2015 2:16 PM

Jun 2014
I've just noticed that Haikyuu is (slightly) more popular than KnB in Japan. Do you guys too like Haikyuu more?
Jul 15, 2015 2:26 PM

Oct 2013
What puzzles me about nntz is that each volume consist of around 8 to 9 chapters and each volume has around 192 pages. The thing is that every weekly series does this exact format like nntz, but yet they don't release a volume every two month? Does someone have the answer for this phenomenon?
Jul 15, 2015 2:31 PM
Oct 2013
Agafin said:
I've just noticed that Haikyuu is (slightly) more popular than KnB in Japan. Do you guys too like Haikyuu more?

Hakyuu took off two years ago I think last year and this year cause Kuroko ended.

Before that Kuroko should have been more popular except my mind tricks me right now.
Anyhow I don´t watch/read sports Anime and Manga. I grew up with Captain Tsubasa and really wanted to watch it for the character development but that was always shoved to the sidelines to show their impossible soccer kicks. Like the falcon shot or the tiger shot and the Topspin which made me vomit after some time.

I´ve also grown up as a toddler watching Attack No, 1 and from those experiences I can tell that sports Anime focus too much on the sport for my taste.

The one "sports" manga I thoroughly enjoyed because it was about martial arts was Kenichi and that got destroyed by the editors haste and the abrupt ending.

IsterioJul 15, 2015 2:41 PM
Jul 15, 2015 2:34 PM
Oct 2013
keragamming said:
What puzzles me about nntz is that each volume consist of around 8 to 9 chapters and each volume has around 192 pages. The thing is that every weekly series does this exact format like nntz, but yet they don't release a volume every two month? Does someone have the answer for this phenomenon?

I did misunderstand you because I was talking about "weekly series" and didn´t pay attention to your wording, because you said volume.
It´s not a monthly series like AOT who provides more pages but fills a volume/tankobon with the same amount of pages.

Anyhow One Piece releases volumes as well every 1 1/2-2 months, what I meant with weekly was it´s chapter release.

As for NNT it´s probably marketing reasons. And maybe inconsistensies due to Hiatuses I remember Saywer mentioning something along the lines.

Just factchecked that on One Piece It´s 3 months as well, wasn´t too sure about it.
Because over here in germany it takes 3-6 months for translations.
Seems like normal releases now to release every two months.
IsterioJul 15, 2015 2:42 PM
Jul 15, 2015 2:45 PM

Jan 2013
keragamming said:

Not all of them follow this format,there are One Piece volumes over 230 pages(with 11 chapters) .
Dragon Ball and Bleach are the ones with amount of pages less change from what I have seen having an average between 180 and 190.
There is also the possibility of specials,I know Nanatsu had some special chapters released,don't know if they were on the tanko tough.
I don't know what they use to decide how many chapters tough,the cliffhanger maybe.
Jul 15, 2015 2:51 PM
Mar 2013
Agafin said:
Yea

Haikyuu is really good. Can't wait for season 2.

Kuroko is the worst sports anime I've watched.
Jul 15, 2015 3:01 PM

Jun 2014
riqueterremoto said:
Not all of them follow this format,there are One Piece volumes over 230 pages(with 11 chapters) .
Dragon Ball and Bleach are the ones with amount of pages less change from what I have seen having an average between 180 and 190.
There is also the possibility of specials,I know Nanatsu had some special chapters released,don't know if they were on the tanko tough.
I don't know what they use to decide how many chapters tough,the cliffhanger maybe.

Which One Piece volume had 230 pages as of late? 11 chapters=/=230 pages since OP chapters generally have 17-19 pages.

@Kera Tazai chapters are slightly longer and the author takes no breaks. Some SJ titles released 5 volumes in a year (Bleach 2009, Naruto 2010, One Piece 2010, AssClass 2013) or even 6 (Toriko 2013) but never consistently.
Jul 15, 2015 3:04 PM
Oct 2013
riqueterremoto said:
keragamming said:

I remember that Oda had to apologize to the publisher for a very big Tankobon, because he wanted deeply to finish the story within that volume. He mentions in the SBS that he had to promise them to never do that again.
It´s a one in a lifetime occurence or a lame joke.

As for the size. The publisher puts in alot of fluff. Like fanart, the SBS and the coverpages.
IsterioJul 15, 2015 3:12 PM
Jul 15, 2015 3:14 PM

Jan 2013
vol 23,29,34,37 ....
The chapters pages aren't the only thing on the tanko,almost every manga in jump has a free page after each chapter where the author uses like he wants.
Oda makes the SBS,kishimoto talked about his early-life,assistants and pages who didn't got into the volumes,Kubo put some 1 panel comic,Hikaru no Go/Death note explains rules....

By the time One Piece reached 594 chapters it had 60 volumes,Bleach used 540 for 60 volumes
riqueterremotoJul 15, 2015 3:17 PM
Jul 15, 2015 3:28 PM

Dec 2012
JD2411 said:

First season and Aomine vs Kagami wreck Slam Dunk
Jul 15, 2015 3:33 PM

Jun 2012
JD2411 said:
Agafin said:
Yea

I thought they were the same thing.
Jul 15, 2015 3:35 PM

May 2014
Gimmick said:
JD2411 said:
Yea

I thought they were the same thing.

Hahahah
Jul 15, 2015 3:38 PM

May 2014
ichii_1 said:
Kinkara said:

Ichi x Hime

Hmm I don't know what he's like so I can't judge him, sadly. I would have liked to put him against Luffy.
Jul 15, 2015 3:48 PM
Oct 2013
KamSung said:

Hmm I don't know what he's like so I can't judge him, sadly. I would have liked to put him against Luffy.

Ichigo definetately has more layers as a character than Luffy.

First and foremost he doesn´t fall into the idiot eats alot shounen trope category.
Doesn´t mean that he´s more likeable though.

I found Luffy to be more charasmatic but Ichigo is the better developed one.

Actually in terms of character development out of the Big 3.

It´s Naruto>Ichigo>Luffy.

It´s kinda unfair though since Naruto went through more phases in his life.
Series start Naruto ≠ Chunin exams Naruto ≠ post timeskip Naruto ≠ Pein Naruto ≠ War Naruto ≠ The Last Naruto ≠ Daddy Naruto.

In terms of Charisma though it´s Rider>fuck everyone else.
IsterioJul 15, 2015 3:54 PM
Jul 15, 2015 4:14 PM
Mar 2015
what the hell?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/21/One_Piece/reviews
Most of the One Piece reviews are negative. The second highest ranked one even gave it a 4, how come so many people upvoted it? I thought One Piece was generally liked by the community :'(
Jul 15, 2015 4:20 PM
Oct 2013
Isaac_ said:
what the hell?
Most of the One Piece reviews are negative. The second highest ranked one even gave it a 4, how come so many people upvoted it? I thought One Piece was generally liked by the community :'(

Post timeskip, Popularity equals haters.

Even if a review rates something negative it can be honest and objective. If someone explains why something is not to his taste the review can be really helpful.

When I see a thorough anylisis of my favorite series with a 3/10 explaining in detail what the reviewer didn´t like I´m gonna give him credit for his work.

Unlike the guy who rates 10/10 best series evar. GO WATCH IT.
I know it´s long but it´ll suck you in. Humor 10/10 action 8/10 fun 10/10.
And so on.
Jul 15, 2015 4:21 PM

Dec 2012
Isaac_ said:
what the hell?

Used to be first :/

People became more negative towards one piece since the Time skip happened, there is like dozens of threads about how the timeskip sucks in this site. Toei's handling of the anime became worse, and the content itself was not well received.

I predict that soon enough the reception will reach at least FT level of negativity, because it's getting more popular and soon enough it will be the only popular battle manga from now still being milked still being published in the following years, and with the shounentards from other fanbases joining they will increase the negativity.

It still ranked high so there is that.
Jul 15, 2015 4:23 PM
Jun 2015
Isaac_ said:
what the hell?

It is well liked, its still ranked #55 (the anime) and the Manga is ranked #8
Better than most Shounen (especially the big one's like Naruto, DB, Fairy Tail etc.)

Its just the loud minority that is hating on it, ignore them (the number appears to be high but compared to the amount of people who like it really isn't)
The last volume broke records again so all is well

Hell I agree that post time skip OP is not on par with pre time skip (so far) but people just go overboard
Maou293Jul 15, 2015 4:32 PM
Jul 15, 2015 4:27 PM
Jun 2015
tsudecimo said:
Isaac_ said:
what the hell?

Used to be first :/

People became more negative towards one piece since the Time skip happened, there is like dozens of threads about how the timeskip sucks in this site. Toei's handling of the anime became worse, and the content itself was not well received.

I predict that soon enough the reception will reach at least FT level of negativity, because it's getting more popular and soon enough it will be the only popular battle manga from now still being milked still being published in the following years, and with the shounentards from other fanbases joining they will increase the negativity.

It still ranked high so there is that.

FT level? Unless Oda suddenly stops caring that won't happen
There are always silly haters but most people still appreciate quality
Pages (124) « First ... « 72 73 [74] 75 76 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 🌹 Anime Questionnaire 2024 🌹 ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Yesterday

62 by TheTrueRedblood »»
14 seconds ago

» Characters That Feel Out Of Place

FanofAction - 15 minutes ago

3 by FanofAction »»
1 minute ago

» Disney Anime Chief: More "Acceptable" Expressions Are Necessary for the Wider Market

deg - 37 minutes ago

6 by ColourWheel »»
2 minutes ago

» If there was an organization named "Down with Moe Blobs", would you join them or become their biggest enemy?

Catalano - 3 hours ago

11 by DesuMaiden »»
3 minutes ago

» Does episode length matter

ST63LTH - Yesterday

38 by JustMonaka »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.