Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 30, 2015 3:44 PM

Jan 2012
super refreshing plot and setting

would've lost my shit if that galfa pos penetrated her..

did get a semi-chub though

Bernard is a lost lamb.. he always wanted to see 'proof' that god exist (him and his beta phaggot assistant said they wanted to see the gay ass Michael themselves, etc.)

He's pretty much an agnostic living inside a christian shell... kind of like me minus the christian part

no proof of god = no religion affiliation for me

awesome anime is awesome
May 7, 2015 7:00 AM

May 2012
Well that escalated quickly! In a way I'm happy she didn't got raped back then but well I do wonder why she lost her powers (currently) but well let's see what happens next!
May 28, 2015 9:49 AM

Oct 2009
THIS EPISODE! OMFG! This made me so fucking mad! That f**ker needs to die! Even if she didn't actually get raped, his dick presumably touched her! It was pretty hard to watch her get beat up like that :/!!
Aug 23, 2015 10:44 AM

Jun 2013
This episode was awesome! Again, an epic performance by Makishima Shougo lol
Oct 5, 2015 1:40 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
thank god it ended only with attempted rape..damn I despise rape from bottom of heart.. the idea forcing yourself upon someone just to get off and idea of defiling someone just sounds worse than death for me..
Nov 3, 2015 8:54 AM

Apr 2014
Well damn

Apr 6, 2016 4:54 PM

Oct 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
Bernard's cleaning and then kissing of Maria's feet was a role reversal of Mary of Bethlehem anointing Jesus' feet, a sign that he was the true savior. So in Bernard's mind he is doing the same thing in recognizing that Maria has, he believes, shown him the way towards true salvation (she is literally his "Virgin Mary").

As for Bernard's "breakdown". That was 700 years of serious thought broken down into one 3 minute animated run on sentence.

The important piece of it was the reference to Pelagius, a 4th century British monk who wrote that humans were capable of achieving salvation without needing the grace of God. This viewpoint was declared heretical by the Catholic Church (and also the various Protestant sects), but has always kicked around in Christian philosophical debate.

I won't go into the argument because it is complex and because 1600 years make some of the arguments seem bizarre, but basically what it shows is that Bernard has always had doubts about religion, his sympathies has always been with humans, he has been doubting the way the world was, so it really wasn't that she "convinced" him, but rather her example of sacrifice for humanity was greater than his, and he had to recognize it. He is now convinced that he can build a heaven on earth. Humorously not only has he been converted to Mariaism, he is actually a zealot willing to go much further than she. It will be funny to watch her reaction to seeing her ideals being put into practice.

I am not sure how the writer is going to do this, I am hoping that he will go deeper than the superficial argument that trying to do good is always good, but we shall see.

I think I agree with most of the arguments written here except Bernard acknowledging Maria as a savior. For me it is simply an act of recognition of ideals, and I really have no idea where it will lead.
Sep 9, 2016 2:12 AM

Sep 2013
Bernard is seriously a loon.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 13, 2017 2:43 AM

Dec 2015
An episode that was actually good! I really liked that priest's and Maria's dialogue, it was very intriguing and nice to see how the priest changed from Maria's words.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 24, 2017 6:33 PM

Jan 2014
Whoa. That was an intense episode..

That sonsofbitch Galfa.. fortunately, he didn't rape her.

Bernard wtf.. well he was already crazy in the beginning.

Go Viv!
Feb 12, 2020 11:37 AM

Nov 2016
Of course Maria's cherry didn't get popped. Might be for the better.. and I almost don't dare to type it, but I still like Galfa.

With that said, the scene where granny had to throw a rock at Maria was tougher to watch than the crappy attempt at rape. In particular that everyone was satisfied with her performance, despite her body language, that screamed, I care for her.

Bernard having his revelation was the highlight of the episode, almost made me forgot about what happened to Viv, he's just too precious.

Wonder what's going to happen with Maria next. There's basically just one fitting punishment for witches 🔥

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 14, 2020 1:47 AM

Mar 2014
So maybe her magic stopped working because she thought she lost her purity? But thankfully there's a tiny little bit of good left in Galfa, because of his friendship with Joseph. He's still turned into a total asshole though so I hope he dies.

That priest is creepy as fuck. So it looks like he couldn't comprehend how a virgin witch could have the same name as the virgin saint Maria so he merged the two together in his head and now he probably thinks of her as a saint or something.

It's a good thing there were 2 other people witnessing that weirdness in the room because I don't think anyone would've believed that shit unless they saw it for themselves
Sep 20, 2021 11:24 PM

Dec 2020
The term virginity is the act of never having sex. In which that is never clear cut. It can be looked at in several different ways with no clear answer. We don't know how far Galfa has gone and knowing how innocent Maria is she could've honestly thought she was impure even with attempt. Or maybe the initial drug and attack is dampening her magic.

Either way somethings making her unable to do magic and this episode had me going through a rollercoaster of emotions.
May 28, 2022 6:43 AM

Mar 2013
This is such a repulsive and disgusting episode I have ever seen. Galfa is such a disgusting character as well as the wicked priest who condone such blasphemy.

Maria has her faults for being indecisive. While I do think removing her power would be for the best, doing it that way is really annoying.

I feel sorry for Joseph, to think his own close comrade would do such a despicable act to his beloved.

P.S. That priest may just be curiously crazy. 👀
CrazyButNot4UMay 28, 2022 7:06 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 10, 2022 7:54 PM
Apr 2021
This is why i fcking hate Christain. THEY ABUSE GOD FIGURE TO BRINGS SOME UNFAIR AND ILLEGAL THINGS TO FORM A BIG TUMORS TO DAMAGE THEIR RELIGION. THE ONLY WAY TO ENDS ALL OF THIS IS TO SPREADING LOVE TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE TO FIX ALL OF THIS SH&T. THAT'S HOW ALL RELIGIONS SHOULD HAVE BEEN IDIOTS. NOT FOR CAUSING WARS. IF BUDDHA EXIST, HE COULD END ALL OF THIS MEANINLESS

oh god, Why am i even said that.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Adoption

sandwich-boy - Oct 18, 2023

2 by Animaticide »»
Oct 18, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2015

79 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 24, 2023 6:42 AM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2015

193 by WatchTillTandava »»
Jun 18, 2023 11:21 PM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2015

87 by Sarakitteh »»
May 25, 2023 9:18 PM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2015

93 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 13, 2022 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.