Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 23, 2015 4:59 PM

May 2014
I am totally for the death penalty. Why should these useless people, that are nothing but burdens to society, and a danger to themselves and others be allowed to live.
Besides, the tax dollars of Americans are being used to feed and house prisoners. If you ask me, it's kind of a waste.
"It's time for beatin' the homeless to the oldies!"

- Hajime Muroto.
Feb 23, 2015 5:00 PM

Nov 2013
I personally think putting someone in permanent isolation is far more torturing than killing them off instantly. You're putting them through years/and or decades of mental suffering compared to a few minutes of intense physical torture.

anyway I'm for it I guess though I'd only use it in the case of an a-class radical (e.g. Osama bin Laden)
Feb 23, 2015 5:03 PM

Apr 2012
Lost_Future said:
Immahnoob said:
And it's funny how nobody is thinking of prison here as rehabilitation.

They all think of revenge, hah, then they call me a sociopath.

Who called you a sociopath?
Well, except for my own claims (I've been diagnosed as one), some people called me a sociopath because of some of my claims.

Which is pretty fucking ignorant if you ask me.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Feb 23, 2015 5:13 PM

Nov 2009
For Murderers, Rapists and Pedophiles yes, They deserve to die as they are comitting taboo's that are far beyond anything else.
Feb 23, 2015 5:17 PM

Jan 2014
IMO: Death Penalty > Life in Prison
Feb 23, 2015 5:49 PM

Apr 2012
haydnwright said:
For Murderers, Rapists and Pedophiles yes, They deserve to die as they are comitting taboo's that are far beyond anything else.
Durrrrrrr

Autocrat said:
Feb 23, 2015 5:51 PM

Feb 2014
I'm for it

Feb 23, 2015 6:20 PM

Jan 2013
I'm against it. Killing people is wrong.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2015 9:51 AM

Sep 2014
Syrup- said:
The death penalty is too soft for most criminals. >:)

what is said above is true, but the problem is that 5ish % of them that its to hard on.
used to be legal, but its illegal now.
Feb 24, 2015 11:03 AM

Mar 2012
haydnwright said:

Just presenting an argument from that other thread: Why pedos but not homosexuals?
End Zionazism
Feb 24, 2015 11:35 AM

Apr 2012
Mikasa said:
haydnwright said:

Just presenting an argument from that other thread: Why pedos but not homosexuals?
He means child molesters...

I don't see a reason for killing them anyway, revenge is mostly useless.

Autocrat said:
Feb 24, 2015 11:36 AM

Mar 2012
Punishment isn't revenge. Death Penalty doesn't have to be about revenge.
End Zionazism
Feb 24, 2015 11:41 AM

Apr 2012
Mikasa said:
Punishment isn't revenge. Death Penalty doesn't have to be about revenge.
Punishment?
"Revenge is a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance, be it real or perceived. It is also called payback, retribution, retaliation or vengeance;"
That's revenge. What else does killing him or her do? Nothing, it doesn't fix anything nor does it help in any way, oh, except for the ones that wanted him dead.

Basically, those that wanted revenge.

Autocrat said:
Feb 24, 2015 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
A jail penalty is crueler than a death penalty >:)
Feb 24, 2015 12:05 PM

Apr 2012
GhostlyBoo said:
death penalty helps stop future crimes more than a jail penalty.
Jail penalty stops crimes as much as death penalty. Durrr.
We lose someone that could be rehabilitated, someone that can be put to work and we waste a ton of money on killing him when we can as well not do so and not become a bunch of hypocrites because some people need emotional satisfaction.
GhostlyBoo said:
same with death penalty, don't dare say "it's nothing but revenge", because it's OBVIOUSLY not,
By definition it is, prove that it isn't. "Obvious" is not an argument.
GhostlyBoo said:
because they fear the punishment now.
Funny you say that when crimes have plummeted everywhere since the death penalty was abolished, it seems people are more afraid of being locked for life or for a long time rather than being killed.

Autocrat said:
Feb 24, 2015 12:29 PM

Apr 2012
So you think they should take a gun and shoot them in the head...?

Autocrat said:
Feb 24, 2015 12:33 PM

Apr 2012
So who's going to be the executioner? What about his mental health?

The mess it'll produce? The negative effects on the other viewers?
How does the death penalty prove to be a better option than rehabilitation or prison for life anyway?

Autocrat said:
Feb 24, 2015 12:43 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah, having the death penalty and having it happen to me wouldn't be funny at all. And it's quite hard to win an argument in which society loses.

So you'll just waste more money on shit that will probably not work, have some "ignorant" (keyword) soldier kill a person they don't know jack shit about and just negatively influence the soldier some more and the other viewers because of what reason again?

I don't remember why the death penalty is necessary again... You're jumping some steps.

Autocrat said:
Feb 24, 2015 12:48 PM

Jan 2012
For.

Murders deserve to die and should be put to death expeditiously so as not to waste taxpayer money keeping them in jail and feeding them.
I'd personally like to see it expanded to rapists as well because I find rape even more despicable than murder.
Feb 24, 2015 12:54 PM

Apr 2012
Indeed, if being idealistic means being rational and wanting the greatest outcome out of something, then so be it. That doesn't change a lack of argument here.

I thought you'd bring some actual argument, yes, there will, most of the times, be negative influences on a persons mental health if they're committing certain atrocious acts, like execution in our case.

No, but that doesn't disprove my stance either, so what if we don't need 7000 million pieces to properly work for producing? Should we kill them all? When do we draw the line? Why can't we have a better situation instead of making it even worse? If there was negative influences from the crime of the one that we're trying to execute, why should we make it even worse for the executioners, viewers and make it easier to rationalize the type of behavior like: "Did X atrocious act, eliminate."?

All you said is based on assumptions and emotion, I don't see why you're trying to argue with me with this shoddy stance.

Autocrat said:
Feb 24, 2015 12:59 PM

Apr 2012
So where's your argument?

Autocrat said:
Feb 24, 2015 1:00 PM

Apr 2012
Having less people alive =/=> "better" nice world.

Autocrat said:
Feb 24, 2015 1:03 PM

Apr 2012
Yes, so, when will you post an argument?

Autocrat said:
Feb 24, 2015 1:05 PM

Apr 2012
So it's your forfeit, I'm fine with that.

Autocrat said:
Feb 24, 2015 1:05 PM

Nov 2010
It is not allowed here, and I'm against it. Those who deserve it should die working for the society they tainted with their sins.
Feb 24, 2015 1:11 PM

Apr 2012
Why don't you do that and show it to me? Maybe then you'll have an argument.

Autocrat said:
Feb 24, 2015 1:31 PM

Apr 2014
varies and depends
themanualreader@proton.me
Feb 24, 2015 1:37 PM

Apr 2012
No, actually, you're the one that made the claim that:

Behelfut said:
Having more people alive =/=> "better" nice, more productive world.

So the burden of proof is on you.

Autocrat said:
Feb 24, 2015 2:08 PM

Aug 2013
Once a person is no longer a threat you shouldn't have to kill them. Truly dangerous peeps should be killed if apprehending them is impossible for whatever reason but after that I think everyone deserves a chance at rehabilitation.

There's far better ways to tackle overpopulation as well. When you think about it the death penalty wouldn't really make any kind of dent. As for the betterment of humanity, I guess sterilization could be a thing. I've seen way too many sickos get out of prison or whatever and have families who end up just as fucked up. And I'll admit that's not much more humane than the death penalty itself but that's kinda the point.
Feb 24, 2015 2:15 PM

Apr 2012
Fo-Fai said:
snip

And how would you make that a law, Fo-Fai?

Also, forced sterilization because of a potential fucked up family member? Like, it's not even a given?

Autocrat said:
Feb 24, 2015 2:42 PM

Aug 2013
Violent tendencies don't always run in the family, yea but when we're talking about people who we're trying to find a substitute for the death penalty for, it's tough to come up with something that makes everyone happy at the end of the day. Could be where the rehab comes in as well, maybe.

More often than not it's probably a good thing to keep molesters and murderers from not only passing down those traits to their kids but also raising kids at all.

On top of that I'm at least 100x more forgiving than most people and when I think of who would be deserving of the death penalty, it's usually pretty extreme cases. Which I should have been clear on I guess.
Feb 24, 2015 2:51 PM

Apr 2012
You don't need to make everyone happy, hell, in the case of the law, you don't need to make anyone happy. The idea is to pass proper justice.

On the assumption that they do indeed "pass" that to their children either through genes or education. So rehabilitated individuals no longer have any right to have a family?

Yes, but I'm talking about the law here, how will you make it so that it works?

Autocrat said:
Feb 24, 2015 3:49 PM

Aug 2013
Anything can become law. When I think of how many bullshit laws that exist in my country already, that don't necessarily entail 'proper justice' I could easily see a bill for something like this. In today's day and age would it get passed? That's the question I can't really answer but I'd lean towards no. Which is whatever, not everyone sees the world how I do but imo trimming unwanted branches is a good thing long term. I'm sure some activists would call shenanigans or whatever but that's how it is for just about everything right?

It's not all about genetics. And no, rehab is too geared towards trying to change people when there's some people that you just can't change. There should be more focus on examination and figuring out exactly the extent of whatever mental problems an individual has and moving from there. And yes in severe enough cases I think the freedom to procreate should be taken away, especially if traditional rehab isn't gonna do shit for the person anyway. It's better than killing them right?

The main support would be from people who oppose the death penalty in all circumstances but want more than to just let people walk after doing some time, when dealing with heinous crimes. And for those who'd like to adjust rehab to allow for people to not rot in prison until they die.
Mar 9, 2015 2:40 PM
Mar 2015
What are your thoughts?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2015 2:41 PM

Aug 2014
More threads please...

OT: Yes
Mar 9, 2015 2:41 PM

Aug 2013
It's a waste of human life. We could've experimented on them and gained insight instead.
Mar 9, 2015 2:44 PM
Oct 2014
Nah

Mar 9, 2015 2:45 PM

Nov 2008
It's sadistic. I'd say more, but I've already done that in better threads.

Mar 9, 2015 2:45 PM

Feb 2015
Yes.
:::|| ---A N I M E L I S T--- || ---M A N G A L I S T--- || ---S I G N A T U R E S--- || ---C A R D S--- ||:::
Mar 9, 2015 2:48 PM

Jan 2014
Illogical, unnecessarily brutal, and useless.

Yes, perhaps there's a small amount of people who are in fact irredeemable, but such a thing can't be determined so easily. The death penalty can't be fairly or safely put into practice in such a well-populated society.
Abby-Mar 9, 2015 3:30 PM
Mar 9, 2015 2:48 PM

Dec 2009
I agree with human death.

Also:
Mar 9, 2015 2:49 PM

Nov 2008
The death penalty is for monsters only, mass murderers, terrorists, and the worst of political tyrants. What I don't approve of is lethal injection as it can be painful, the firing squad is the best option for them. I also don't approve of the death penalty for drugs in China, Singapore, and Indonesia, they needed life or deportation and to be banned from the country for life.

Oct 2014
Moog- said:
It's a waste of human life. We could've experimented on them and gained insight instead.

I like the way you're thinking
OT:No I'm against the death penalty. if you execute an innocent person then what's gonna happen paying the compensation wouldn't bring them back but yeah death penalty is okay only for terrorists,pedophiles,serial killers etc.

Sep 2014
no
Mar 9, 2015 2:54 PM

Aug 2014
Against it, not because it's necessarily morally wrong to put someone who's done heinous things to death, but because there's always the chance that you put someone innocent to death. No going back once you do that.
Mar 9, 2015 3:18 PM

Oct 2013
For extreme cases, yes. People shouldn't just be killed because of tiny little blunders in life. For things such as mass murder or something of that sort, yes. Be willing to face the consequences if you are willing to commit the crime.
Mar 9, 2015 3:20 PM

Sep 2014
Tigervu said:
For extreme cases, yes. People shouldn't just be killed because of tiny little blunders in life. For things such as mass murder or something of that sort, yes. Be willing to face the consequences if you are willing to commit the crime.
+1, cant be bothered writing the same thing
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."
Mar 9, 2015 3:22 PM
Dec 2010
Some people are fucked up beyond all repair, and won't ever be capable to recover and fit in with society again. Kill that minority off, since they won't do any good in their lives. In other cases, no. Just make them work while in prison or something.
Mar 9, 2015 3:23 PM

Feb 2013
bigguy said:
Against it, not because it's necessarily morally wrong to put someone who's done heinous things to death, but because there's always the chance that you put someone innocent to death. No going back once you do that.

^ Pretty much this.

Mar 9, 2015 3:25 PM

Jun 2010
bigguy said:

Same. Some people put on death row are actually innocent. Too risky.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Favorite MAL thread maker?

barababas - May 4

39 by DesuMaiden »»
21 minutes ago

» Women live longer than men

MUFFlN - May 12

32 by DesuMaiden »»
22 minutes ago

» Weirdest movie

spaceslut - Sep 18, 2022

38 by DesuMaiden »»
24 minutes ago

» I bought a pack of Cigarettes.

scarydragon - Mar 29

12 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» How long have you been using your accounts on your favorite sites?

RobertBobert - May 14

29 by DesuMaiden »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.