Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 7, 2015 3:33 PM

Dec 2014
Yes! The show's going exactly in the direction that I wanted it to start going in. I was really looking forward to this weeks episode and it delivered 10 fold. With the preview of next week it seems like we're finally going to break off of this episodic pattern. From this point on I think this is were the show's really going to start shining. Though I don't know how they're going to build this huge world with just 7 episodes left.
Feb 7, 2015 6:13 PM

Apr 2012
Never expected Death Parade to go in this direction. I thought it would be episodic. Somehow this is quite exciting.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Feb 7, 2015 6:20 PM

Feb 2013
Incredible episode. A feast for the eyes and I love it when they go behind the scenes. The solar system billiards was something else.
Feb 7, 2015 7:49 PM

Jan 2009
Looks like decim will end up losing the black-haired woman. she's not even supposed to be there in the first place

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Feb 7, 2015 7:51 PM

Nov 2014
Cool to see new characters.

Feb 7, 2015 7:56 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty good episode. No people for Decim to judge this time, and it seems like he failed at the test. I'm thinking it's because of Onna's influence on him. I'm really interested in learning more about the whole system of life, death and judgement as well as everyone's roles in this whole thing. ''God is long gone'', huh...

Decim wrecked that noob. Seems like Nona barely respects anyone, but Ginti is kind of an idiot, who the next episode will focus on, apparently. I liked Decim's spider story, and i wonder how long he's gonna refuse to judge Onna.

That pool table was too awesome.

4/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 7, 2015 8:01 PM

Jul 2011
bunny1ov3r said:
Never expected Death Parade to go in this direction. I thought it would be episodic. Somehow this is quite exciting.

This is plenty more exciting! Introduction of some new characters, a random but visually stunning battle, a bit of a plot twist, and world expansion. I'm glad this series isn't entirely episodic.

When that boy changed personality all of a sudden that caught me way off guard. The water appearance transformation was nice. Did you see when Nona interfered with the fight? That was beautiful and BA. I seriously love her. :)
Feb 7, 2015 8:51 PM

May 2013
The story about Jimmy and Chevvot sort of reminds me of Decim and Onna.
Although to be honest, I thought Jimmy would fall in the ice and die or Chevvot was some witch who kills little boys.

Meanwhile, Nona's playing galactic billards. Clavis seems interesting and so is that old man.
Oh, so Onna is a human and she has yet to be judged by Decim.
Ginti, on the other hand, is pretty awesome. Can't wait to see him be the arbiter.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Feb 7, 2015 8:58 PM

Jul 2011
It was ok. But still can't understand. If you can not make a fair judgement, then what's the point of all of these things?
"People fall in love with a person, not a gender."
Feb 8, 2015 1:25 AM

Mar 2012
Worst episode for me so far.

I just want the anime to be episodic.
Feb 8, 2015 1:36 AM
Jul 2014
Great anime so far although I was a bit disappointed when the boy and the dude turned out to be fakes.

Landos said:
I can't be the only one who thought Chavvot was going to kill/hurt Jimmy...that smile just looked creepy.

Yeah I was somewhat bracing myself for something disturbing to happen.
Feb 8, 2015 2:06 AM

Jun 2013
Way better than the last episode. It gives more information how the system works and focuses on Ona's backstory, thickening the plot. She seems to gain her memories back when she's alive through a story book. Not to mention more new characters are also introduced. Really looking forward to know how they're all connected.

4/5
Feb 8, 2015 4:01 AM

Nov 2013
peresoso said:
It was ok. But still can't understand. If you can not make a fair judgement, then what's the point of all of these things?

The point of the series is to point out how bad its premise is. It's taking the looooong way to get to that conclusion.
Feb 8, 2015 4:24 AM

Jun 2011
Wow, that was a really interesting episode. We got to see the other characters behind the scenes more and got more information about the system Decim and the others are working at.
Ginti vs Decim battle was awesome xD I wonder if the girl in the story (Chavvot) is our black-haired woman? Probably :O it was nice to hear about the background a bit, how she actually had remembered her death and which is why she's not an assistant.

The next episode... we'll get to see Ginti working instead of Decim?
Feb 8, 2015 4:51 AM

Nov 2014
I didn't hate this episode but, it was less interesting to me than the other one that was more informative. Whichever it was, the one where the new girl is shown how everything works. I think that's what it was. This one IMO there was just too much conversation. Then the whole idea of this girl not being able to be there she's a human. Seen it. Know where that's going.

I still really like the series but, find the games more interesting than the main plot I guess.

When love and death embrace.
Feb 8, 2015 5:44 AM

Feb 2014
The Billiard table representing the planets of our universe looked epic.

Oculus seems to be a fascinating character, partly because of his unusual flower-style hair and goatie. ^^

I'm fine with the direction the show is going so far. Although the games themselves and the characters who take part in the games are the main feature of the series, it wouldn't give that much screentime to the other characters in this world apart from Decim, Kurokami and maybe Nona, so I'm glad that the show dedicates some time to Decim and Co., and how everything operates.

So far, so very good. =D
Feb 8, 2015 9:49 AM

Feb 2014
Now that is one sweet pool table, I would pay hundreds of dollars just to play a game on that ^^
Feb 8, 2015 10:14 AM

Jul 2014
finally something about other characters. And I need more of that op hahaha and need more nona too please.
How do I signature?
Feb 8, 2015 11:02 AM

Dec 2013
No, I don't want to wait another week for the next episode. Ugh, why is this show so good!? ;~;
Feb 8, 2015 11:20 AM
Aug 2010
I have no problem with episodic series, but this episode was a nice change of pace. I'm interested in seeing what happens behind the scenes, but I get the feeling that we'll be left with more questions than answers for a few more episodes...
For me, the normal episodes with a game + judgement are more fun; so I'm excited to see Ginti actually working (from that preview).
まぁ、全部嘘だけどね。
Feb 8, 2015 11:42 AM
Nov 2014
Nice. I rather enjoyed the story about Jimmy and Chavvot, the rest of the episode is just a preview to next episodes with a new bartender, so it's okay, too.
Also, two threads before I was adviced to watch this anime with eng subs, so I won't miss anything because of dumb translators. Thank you, that was a piece of a good advice
Feb 9, 2015 6:33 AM

Jan 2011
i knew from the start we should not focus on the big guy, joking^^

so Nona been a manager for 82 years...
Feb 9, 2015 10:33 AM

Apr 2008
Ahh, lots of interesting information revealed in this episode! Very nice. I also appreciate the introduction of Genti and the universe's best pool table. Oh! And more screen time for Clavis. I'm not sure how I feel about Nona yet.

Feb 9, 2015 12:55 PM

Dec 2014
The episode was good...but I didn't like it as much as one from before.

New characters, yay!! I was waiting for them to come in. Ginti is funny :D

"I am fascinated by her." Can this count as a love confession? XDDD

Now that we have a little more info about the black haired girl (just noticed, she doesn't have a name!) it makes me wonder what's going to happen to her once Decim makes his judgement. You always have that one different person.

Overall, pretty good episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2015 3:27 PM

Aug 2014
That was a really interesting episode. I'm fine with the show is going so far, for me, So far So epic xP That smile just looked so creepy....
The Billiard table of our universe looked just so FUCKING epic xD Nona been a manager for 82 years(WTF?!?!), but she is so fucking cute...

I can't wait for the next episode....I JUST CAN'T WAIT!!! :#
Feb 9, 2015 5:47 PM

Oct 2013
Shaniyaz said:
For a moment, I thought the guy with the glasses was a reincarnated soul which came to Quindecim before and somehow remembers his past judgement.

Yeah I thought the same. It would have been interesting this way actually.

Also yeah that billiards table
Feb 9, 2015 6:00 PM

Aug 2014
This was a great episode. I liked that it opened up a lot more for us to see and understand about the world these people inhabit. It's just great to learn more about them! It was fun watching Ginti fight Decim too. He has some serious issues with that guy hahah!

That billiards game was amazing too. I wish I could have one like that haha!

This episode made me love Clavis even more. XD Same with Decim.
Feb 9, 2015 11:20 PM
Jun 2009
That was quite different than expected, cool!
I am not sure about the dream relating to Decim.
I feel like like it is just what Onna reads.
Maybe her memories and the human girl's memories are now linked? (at least when she sleeps)
Feb 9, 2015 11:41 PM

Jan 2014
The new board decim put on is the same they used in death billiards so we now know that death billiards incident take place after this

"When /a/ sends its fags, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you.
They’re sending fags that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us.
They’re bringing cancer. They’re bringing bait. They’re shitposters.
And some, I assume, are good fags."
-@Xinil
Feb 10, 2015 12:54 AM
Apr 2013
Glad this actually didn't involve a dead kid :/
Feb 10, 2015 1:39 AM

Jan 2015
♩♫ EVERYBODY, PUT YOUR HANDS UP ♬♬

At episode 5, still can't get that op out of my head.
Feb 10, 2015 2:19 AM
May 2013
I was wondering, How is this anime episodic? Each episode develops the character and has hidden things about the story. My definition of episodic would be shows like CSI.
Feb 10, 2015 5:26 AM

Oct 2008
OK, no usual games, and new development...

Feb 10, 2015 8:24 AM

Jul 2012
Was not expecting all that to happen, caught me off well. Looking forward to next weeks episode. Hopefully it'll be a game. o/
Feb 10, 2015 12:19 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode,
focusing on behind the scenes -
interesting story development, new characters.........
4/5

cant wait to next episode (to bad there is only 12 :X).
Feb 10, 2015 1:24 PM

Nov 2014
Great episode! I was starting to think the older guy was someone who reincarnated in the past and came back...that would have been interesting.

But we got to meet Ginti and Castra and they both seem awesome. Loved the little Decim vs Ginti fight!

So Onna is actually human...interesting so Decim has definitely taken quite a liking to her then :3 Really want to know what her dream means and about her past...

Looking forward to next week and it looks like a Ginti focused point of view game hosting one...and the girl in the opening looks like she'll be one of the victims...I'm so excited for the next episode.
Feb 10, 2015 5:54 PM
Feb 2015
Felt like this episode had so much depth in it! Hope we can see more of how their system works.
Feb 10, 2015 6:14 PM

Sep 2011
This is the best world building episode so far. Finally we get some insight into the arbiters and their judgement system, as well as confirmation about Kurokami being a human (or at least not an arbiter).

Looks like the next episode will feature a different arbiter, Ginti. I'm sure he will run things differently than Quindecimo.

If the anime continues to build on what episode 5 showed us, I will be giving this a much higher score.
Feb 10, 2015 7:18 PM

May 2013
We didn't get judgments this episode. Still, it's nice to see some characters and some curiosity being build up here. Seems that Decim takes a day off. Ginti will be doing the judgments for now.
Feb 11, 2015 2:34 AM

Feb 2013
Loved it! Ginti vs Decim was awesome...I wanted more of that, hehe. Clavis! All of them really...I love these characters. I'm happy we got an ep like this! I hope we get some more! <3

Also, I want to live in the Quindecim (random but that is Latin for the number "15"). It's perfect. I hope they fix the jelly fish tank, lol.
Feb 11, 2015 9:21 AM

Sep 2013
wow i was waiting for the other characters from the intro to show up and here they are.
good episode
Feb 11, 2015 10:12 AM

Apr 2012
I'm not a big fan of "god has abandoned us" scenarios. I'm not a big fan of timelines either. Nona has been a manager for 82 years, they said... If the show takes place in 2014-2015, it would mean that god hasn't been with whoever is left in charge there(Oculus and his crew?) since 1932-1933. God skedaddled anticipating WWII? Perhaps WWI? Packed up and left in 1910?

I would be much more content with leaving the plot very vague and abstract, like the original Death Billiards. Two people enter purgatory, and there they are tested by people with average human reasoning skills. Dark sides and bright sides of humans both reveal themselves. You get to see people ugly in the slump and beautiful in their prime both in life and in the bar. That's how I liked it, and it's easy to steer away from it right now. I hope that whatever comes won't drag the series down.

俺とお前との違いが何だ?!
Feb 12, 2015 4:45 AM

Jan 2014
Wow. That Chawot story was so deep. -.-
And hrm... Decim x da goth girl <3 <3 <3
Feb 12, 2015 11:00 AM

Dec 2012
I don't know. I love the episodic cases in this show but not the main story episodes (ep 2 and this ep) at all.
[right]
"The big secret to breaking the rules is to make it look as though you're following them."
Feb 13, 2015 9:34 PM

Mar 2014
Kraken254 said:
♩♫ EVERYBODY, PUT YOUR HANDS UP ♬♬

At episode 5, still can't get that op out of my head.

lol same
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Feb 13, 2015 9:55 PM

Sep 2014
Great episode but I prefer the ones before. Despite this, it's awesome that their getting into the core story.
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Feb 14, 2015 7:08 AM

Jul 2008
I knew there's more to Kurokami than meets the eye, I'm guessing she will be judged sooner or later near the finale but I don't know what her dream is about. It's only a matter of time before she regains her memories.

Anyways, glad they give us the luxury of meeting some of the characters, it's refreshing for a change :)
Feb 14, 2015 2:14 PM

Nov 2012
This episode was a great shift from the previous ones. It's beginning to shed light into Onna's mystery while maintaining worldbuilding of the Arbiters.
Feb 14, 2015 7:41 PM

Feb 2013
Stellar pool table <- I want one
Feb 14, 2015 8:14 PM

Dec 2014
That episode was, uh, different. I'm glad we got to see some of the other characters though.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2015

521 by Seraschi »»
Apr 1, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

596 by oDaw1 »»
Mar 25, 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.