Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2015 10:56 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode was pretty good.

Nice to see some Johto Pokemon like Jumpluff, Sunflora, Hoppip, and even the human eating Victreebell.

I agree with Ramos, Ash tends to go all forward and attack. Sunny Day helped stop the blizzard and Solorbeam clear the grass of the snow. Was Ash really going to try and talk things out with those ice Pokemon?

Jumpluff has Sunny Day to help setup a possible Solorbeam from Gogoat. Gogoat has Leech Seed, Grass Knot, Vine Whip, maybe Solorbeam or Magical Leaf. It's certainly an interesting team on Ramos behalf. Grass Knot could be a problem for Ash since it deals heavy damage to heavier Pokemon. The way it was shown here it looks like it immobilizes a Pokemon, then with Leech Seed to drain HP, Ash's Pokemon could be sitting ducks if he isn't careful.

Feb 1, 2015 3:39 AM
Mar 2013
Oh my goodness what is up with this episode? LOL

Darn it Eureka why do you make me laugh so much "Please think about it Miss" xD I loved the look on that girls face and her Bellossom. Poor Citron, not only does he have to deal with Eureka but also Chespin too.

Citron is just like his sister. Always making me laugh with his hilarious inventions. I especially loved how the Kalos music sped up in sync with Citron ^^ And then part with the Victreebels too!

It was so nostalgic and funny to see them gobble Citron up just like when it happened to James ^^

Ramos was really awesome in this episode. He sounded real wise when counseling Ash and managing all those Sunflora. Finally another gym battle! Next episode's gonna be great.
Apr 4, 2015 4:48 PM

Nov 2014
Ramos's accent surprised me for some reason. xD
It was nice to see all those grass types from previous regions! Lots of Johto ones too. I'd like to see how Ramos uses Jumpluff in battle. I tried training a Jumpluff in Colosseum (the video game) and it was kinda difficult. I don't think Gogoat's Grass Knot would cause too much damage to Ash's team since he doesn't really have any super heavy Pokémon, but if it can immobilize them he'll have a hard time. I think Gogoat will be his toughest Pokémon.

ALSO! Serena's Fennekin knows Flamethrower...Fennekin evolves into Braixen at level 16, but if it stays a Fennekin and doesn't evolve then it should learn Flamethrower at level 35. One level before Braixen evolves into Delphox. If it does evolve into Braixen at level 16, and does not evolve into Delphox at level 36, then it should learn Flamethrower at level 41. What I'm saying is Serena's Fennekin shouldn't know Flamethrower yet. xP
Apr 7, 2015 2:19 PM

Mar 2013
BlackFox24 said:
ALSO! Serena's Fennekin knows Flamethrower...Fennekin evolves into Braixen at level 16, but if it stays a Fennekin and doesn't evolve then it should learn Flamethrower at level 35. One level before Braixen evolves into Delphox. If it does evolve into Braixen at level 16, and does not evolve into Delphox at level 36, then it should learn Flamethrower at level 41. What I'm saying is Serena's Fennekin shouldn't know Flamethrower yet. xP

Hey, I'm still upset that Ash's Frogadier learned Cut by leveling up instead of by being taught through an HM. Some things just won't add up...
Jun 4, 2015 12:56 PM

Jul 2013
That was a great episode.

I liked Team Rocket all dressed up as Nurse Joy, especially James, it weirdly suited him LOL! He was kinda cute like that. Weird lol.

The Vanillite et al were all cute!

They froze the place and the grass type melted it lol.
Nov 8, 2015 10:43 PM

Nov 2014
Finally.. they arrive at Coumarine City and as usual, they already met the city gym leader in this episode.. While Ramos Pokemon isn't really a powerhouse, i guess his wisdom and understanding about pokemon will be a challange for Ash since i assume Gogoat is his most powerful pokemon but vine whip, leech seed, and grass knot isn't really all powerfull moves, especially compare to the previous 3 gym leader..

Nezperdian said:
That JoJo's reference <3
Lol XD XD I don't know since i watched a dub but it's nice to see it :D

Overall a great episode and nice buildup for the next episode.. can't wait to see the next gym battle.. 5/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Dec 29, 2015 10:13 PM

Nov 2012
Meh, another Team Rocket plan-of-the-week episode. Not really fond of these.

Chespin's attempt at flirting was ADORABLE though,
Mar 8, 2020 12:31 PM

Dec 2008
This episode ended up way better than I thought it would be.

Vanillite is cute! I almost didn't watch the episode because it's a favorite Pokemon of a friend who hurt me bad and it reminds me of her, but the Pokemon's cuteness overpowered that feeling. Vanillite is great, forget the haters. Glad we could see the whole evo line.

Lots of Team Rocket. Another episode where their motivation is their hunger. I wonder why they didn't just buy lunch instead of making that mech, but success is possibly their strongest motivator. James cross dressing again, he hasn't in a while. All three of them dressed as Joy was great. And lol at the victreebel showing "affection" to someone besides James.

"Do you have a death wish?"
-Dude our MC been reckless since day one, protecting Pikachu from the other pokemon in episode one, trying to punch Team Rocket instead of Pokemon battling them when they first met, attempting to punch Mewtwo in the first movie, etc. The character has definitely changed over the years, but I'm glad he still has scenes like this.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 93 Discussion

ETX - Oct 27, 2015

27 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 4, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 87 Discussion

Aipom - Sep 26, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 20, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 86 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Sep 9, 2015

19 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 17, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 78 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Jul 8, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 72 Discussion

210125 - May 14, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 6, 3:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.