Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 29, 2015 12:55 AM

Jan 2014
I think these are some pretty easy questions that people might have on their minds as do I.

-Its been a while since last MALgraph update, is there anything in the works?
-Are you going to push for more achievements for us who like to pat ourselves on the back?
-Have you thought about making the "recommendations" more functional? (i.e ability to cycle / titles you're not interested with.)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 12, 2015 10:40 AM

Nov 2013
Yeah, more achievements would be nice.
You all need to watch Nami.

Feb 12, 2015 3:15 PM

Jun 2010
When are suggested titles in the achievements thread going to be added?
Feb 12, 2015 8:36 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Tommy-kun said:

-Have you thought about making the "recommendations" more functional? (i.e ability to cycle / titles you're not interested with.)

I would love to see this.
Feb 19, 2015 1:25 AM

Jul 2009
DuelGundam2099 said:
When are suggested titles in the achievements thread going to be added?
Today. If I don't do that within the next 24 hours, please gently pat me with an axe several times.

Tommy-kun said:
Its been a while since last MALgraph update, is there anything in the works?
Short answer: No.
Longer answer: The reason for recent inactivity is that we decided to wait a bit and see how MAL develops under the new code team. Ever since they broke free of Crave we've seen some nice updates (e.g. mobile theme), and we feel that's just the start.
If it's possible we'd like to merge MALgraph into MAL, so there would be no queue at all, and no need to cache anime/manga/user database on our end. We plan to contact them soon and see what lies in the future.
Our current priority is maintaining MALgraph and keeping it fast and functional, so there are no delays in delivery of your stats. So far, the previous updates allowed us to drastically decrease server load and shorten the waiting time hundredfold. Thanks to users who mailed us, we could react quickly to minor and major problems.

Tommy-kun said:
Are you going to push for more achievements for us who like to pat ourselves on the back?
rr- wanted to open the whole achievement section to the public, meaning everyone would be able to make a badge. The truth is that it's already posible via GitHub - just make changes and a create pull request for us to consider. I'm personally against letting it run totally wild with no supervision, as it's the quickest way to oversaturation and general loss of quality. So, I'm to blame for the lack of updates in this section - please direct pitchforks at me, not at rr-.

Tommy-kun said:
Have you thought about making the "recommendations" more functional? (i.e ability to cycle / titles you're not interested with.)
Yes, we thought about that, but there were no changes made so far. There was a plan to generate more titles (up to 50) and just show the top 10, with an X symbol next to each one. After deleting one recommendation, the following ones would fill the empty space.

I'm aware that this post boils down to "please wait, things may come at some point", but I hope I answered the questions.
Feb 19, 2015 6:54 AM

Jan 2014
fri said:
I'm personally against letting it run totally wild with no supervision, as it's the quickest way to oversaturation and general loss of quality. So, I'm to blame for the lack of updates in this section - please direct pitchforks at me, not at rr-.

I do agree with you there, but I feel like there are still a few gaps in the achievements. I might poke around a little and submit a few things on Github when I get a little motivation.

fri said:
I'm aware that this post boils down to "please wait, things may come at some point", but I hope I answered the questions.

Yes, it did answer what I mainly wanted to know. Thanks for your time, and by extension your work on MALgraph.
Feb 19, 2015 2:19 PM

Jul 2009
Two updates:

Achievement titles - Done.

MALgraph merging into MAL - not possible yet. The new owners of MAL have too many things on their to-do list to consider such an addition for now. Hopefully this will change in the future.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Current Issue

SofiaBulga - Feb 21, 2020

1 by hacker09 »»
Jun 17, 2020 12:11 PM

» Achievement list? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bluedragon777 - Apr 9, 2013

391 by Rhiannon-Senpai »»
Apr 13, 2017 1:39 PM

» Important announcement, please read! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

fri - Apr 14, 2015

402 by Tulicloure »»
Aug 7, 2016 7:15 PM

» Bug reports ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

fri - Mar 7, 2012

928 by Dragonflyk »»
May 12, 2015 7:37 AM

» Some charts

_North - Apr 14, 2015

0 by _North »»
Apr 14, 2015 6:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.