Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 27, 2009 1:50 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Saten is becoming a dealer?
Nugi Onna not undressing to her hearts content but being stopped by Kuroko? Since when is Kuroko the voice of reason in this regard?
The fight between Kuroko and this butthead was serious though. Didn't expect her to solve it like that.
There were some surprises in this episode - let's see what Saten's ability is going to be (she'll use the rare candy won't she?).
Nov 27, 2009 3:22 PM

Oct 2009
This was a great episode about Saten in many ways: her thing of lifting Uiharu's skirt never surprises me but makes me laugh (blue stripped panties this time on Uiharu), other nice features were more details about her feet and clothing style. Saten has the level upper on player but is hesitant to use it....it looks to me she is getting fed up to be level 0. Loved her little brother, father and caring mother were great to see! Guess Kiyama still has a problem of undressing when in heat/having something spilled on her but the blushing of Misaka/Shirai was cute this time around more than before and that kiss of Shirai...so close. Guess the bullying around the city continues...I feel so bad for Shirai for those hits she got kind of painful to see her suffer because of her job. That guy with missing teeth was pure danger/power but the battle was great! Loved all of it and Shirai....*exciting scream* with her teleport of the glass and big building collapse cathching the guy. Exciting! Too bad there was not Saten power to show but next episode maybe? My favorite....is Saten when she was young but she laughs and right after she gets sad....why? Some things I want to clear up: What is exactly the guy's ability who Shirai fights against exactly? Is he some morphling/shape shifter....it looks like he can be fast and hit hard. What is up with his face here=>
I also want to know if Shirai has broken ribs and why is there some sonic boom kind of effect after the guy hits her with a leg attack?
Also please (looking at you Windy) anyone make me a big GIF of this to put on my profile....please!=>
Uiharu so cute when she is like that because Saten lifted her skirt to see her panties. So if anyone can answer my two little things....it would be nice and next episode.....is it finally Saten power up and seeing her powers?
francismeunierNov 27, 2009 3:29 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 27, 2009 3:59 PM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 27, 2009 3:59 PM

Mar 2008
Not a bad episode... the fight was unexpected though... never mess with teleport-capable women...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2009 4:12 PM

Oct 2009
tsubasalover said:

The question they asked the scientist was about level upper. Even she doesn't know about it. Kuroko said level upper has something that effect the brain, so she wants the female scientist to check on level upper once it was found. The female scientist want their help, too. Then she realized Saten and Uihara were outside.
Obviously she lied there tsubasalover.....

Nov 27, 2009 4:51 PM

May 2008
I enjoy watching Kuroko fight more than watching Mikoto's. I mean, Kuroko's not overpowering but she's utilizes tactics with abilities. Mikoto is kind of raw power and the rah-rahs of being Level 5. I enjoyed this episode because of that. And about time Ruiko got some shine time other than to be a side character. Good stuff.
Nov 27, 2009 5:09 PM
Oct 2007
I guess Saten missed the "It has side effects" part of the conversation.

Kuroko pwns. <3
Nov 27, 2009 5:59 PM

Dec 2008
uh she doesnt do anything even using level upper lol
Nov 27, 2009 6:02 PM

Feb 2009
I like Kuroko's tactics. If you can't kill an annoying fly with a swatter, drop a damn nuclear bomb on it! I would've just teleported th building into the skies, let it drop and see if I still miss that other dude. :]

That undressing lady is awesome, always gives me a good laugh with her stripping habits.

I hope Ruiko won't fall to the dark side of the force. :(
Nov 27, 2009 6:11 PM

Jul 2009
Syllen said:
Saten haven't used it, she was hesitated after hearing the side effect and some of the user of Lv Upper tend to do wrong stuff, but as you can see she will use it eventually, well something bad just bound to happen
Nov 27, 2009 6:44 PM

Oct 2009
Alexstratz said:
I like Kuroko's tactics. If you can't kill an annoying fly with a swatter, drop a damn nuclear bomb on it! I would've just teleported th building into the skies, let it drop and see if I still miss that other dude. :]

That undressing lady is awesome, always gives me a good laugh with her stripping habits.

I think Kuroko is limited to the object to transport...she can only transport two living things for one.
Laevantein said:
Syllen said:
Saten haven't used it, she was hesitated after hearing the side effect and some of the user of Lv Upper tend to do wrong stuff, but as you can see she will use it eventually, well something bad just bound to happen

I was going to think she would use it to help the bullied guy but Kuroko got there on time...did she her holding that thing for music about to use it? Also she looks fed up with level 0 if my pic from her young days in the family says something.....it would be she has been fed up for a long time.

Nov 27, 2009 6:57 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:

I was going to think she would use it to help the bullied guy but Kuroko got there on time...did she her holding that thing for music about to use it? Also she looks fed up with level 0 if my pic from her young days in the family says something.....it would be she has been fed up for a long time.
Perhaps i missed something, not enough sleep reduce my concentration damn marriage preparations, sorry francis i don't understand your question -.-

Back to topic, hmm i think yeah she is fed up by staying at lv 0, i think she felt guilty to her family, i mean she was so sure that she will be an ability user and leave her family but until now she still stuck in lv 0 so she afraid to disappointed her family and her relationship with 2 great high lv ability user belittle her.
Nov 27, 2009 7:00 PM

Jun 2008
Annisa said:

Kuroko pwns. <3

No she didn't, that's why she is thinking about it so much. Even with knowing that there might be side effects the temptation is still great. Who wouldn't want to become powerful. Not to mention she feels like she failed her family and her own expectations for going to that town and not managing to get any powers.
By the way Saten really gave us a fashion show in this episode.

The fight was awesome but i will like to see Biribiri in a good fight like that and not those 1 minute fights she had until now.
Kuroko telling the strip lady that there also women with twisted passions was a nice one. Hmm... i wonder what kind of women she was talking about?

francismeunier said:
Also please (looking at you Windy) anyone make me a big GIF of this to put on my profile....please!=>
Uiharu so cute when she is like that because Saten lifted her skirt to see her panties.

Ha, ha! that was definetly a gif moment.
MonadNov 27, 2009 7:05 PM
Nov 27, 2009 7:10 PM

Sep 2008
So do level 0 people have the tiniest bit of psychic power at least/ individuals are already set with a power but level 0 nullifies all traces of it, or is the Level Upper just some miracle worker that can make something out of nothing...

Spoilers for Touma I believe
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2009 7:17 PM

Jul 2007
Noooooooo, Saten, don't do it!
Nov 27, 2009 7:24 PM

Dec 2008
Laevantein said:
Syllen said:

uh i mean next ep, even after using it she doesnt do anything
Nov 27, 2009 7:30 PM

Jul 2009
Syllen said:
Laevantein said:
Syllen said:

Oh..sorry about that..i thought you were talking about this episode
Nov 27, 2009 7:39 PM

Jun 2008
Syllen said:
Laevantein said:
Syllen said:

You mean the episode that hasn't even aired yet? Are you from the future?
Except if you are talking about the manga. Then you really have to read the disclaimer above.
Nov 27, 2009 7:39 PM

Jan 2009
Why am i hopping Saten becomes the protagonist? And for some reason i keep comparing her to Testsuo from akira, but if she does get powers it would be kind of hax to have his powers though :P
Nov 27, 2009 7:56 PM

Jul 2008
Saten is so kawaii! I loved her outfits. Also, she was hilarious with her hand on the window at the restaurant.

Kuroko's fight was great. But I still don't understand how she defeated him. Did she find a way around his power, or just bring down the building?
Nov 27, 2009 8:22 PM

Nov 2007
I think she just brought down the whole building and scared him shitless.
Nov 27, 2009 8:49 PM

Jun 2009
I appreciate Kuroko's impassioned rebukes of the doctor. She already had to cure Biribiri of the Stripper Lady Curse once, twice might be pushing their friendship.
Nov 27, 2009 8:52 PM

Oct 2009
GarLogan78 said:
Saten is so kawaii! I loved her outfits. Also, she was hilarious with her hand on the window at the restaurant.

Exactly that about Saten in this episode...so which one did you like....I liked the white one when Saten lifted the skirt of Uiharu.

Nov 27, 2009 8:56 PM

Sep 2008
Monad said:
francismeunier said:
Uiharu so cute when she is like that because Saten lifted her skirt to see her panties.

The best I could do for an avatar...
HawthorneKittyNov 27, 2009 9:15 PM
Nov 27, 2009 9:05 PM

Jan 2008
biribiri have lesser and lesser screen time lately. They should've just entitled it "To Aru Kagaku no Teleporter" since kuroko's always gets more story than biribiri.
yvancNov 27, 2009 9:11 PM
Nov 27, 2009 9:13 PM

Oct 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
Monad said:
francismeunier said:

Yes! Thank you!

Nov 27, 2009 9:19 PM
Nov 2009
yvanc said:
biribiri have lesser and lesser screen time lately. They should've just entitled it "To Aru Kagaku no Teleporter" since kuroko's always gets more story than biribiri.

nah we are only at ep 9, when the Accelerator arc comes it'll be all biribiri.

FLAT!!!
Nov 27, 2009 9:24 PM
Jul 2009
kuroko was pretty cool this episode... Saten is an idiot... >.>
Nov 27, 2009 10:06 PM
May 2009
The fight with the light-warping guy was one of my favourite fights from the manga, but in my opinion, the production staff botched it up quite a bit - it didn't give off the suspense that I got from the manga, and I thought it was kind of rushed, too. Poor depiction of an awesome fight, IMHO. Ah well. Everything else was awesome :).

Looks like Gekota will make another appearance next episode, according to Misaka's face in the preview.
Nov 27, 2009 10:17 PM

Oct 2009
asdf1248 said:
The fight with the light-warping guy was one of my favourite fights from the manga, but in my opinion, the production staff botched it up quite a bit - it didn't give off the suspense that I got from the manga, and I thought it was kind of rushed, too. Poor depiction of an awesome fight, IMHO. Ah well. Everything else was awesome :).

Looks like Gekota will make another appearance next episode, according to Misaka's face in the preview.

So based on my pic the guys' face was havng light being warped around it? That is why it was a different color?

Nov 27, 2009 10:18 PM

Jul 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
Monad said:
francismeunier said:

Oh my goodness. This is so cute. Do you mind if I take it as well?
Nov 27, 2009 10:43 PM
Oct 2007
Monad said:
Annisa said:

Kuroko pwns. <3

No she didn't, that's why she is thinking about it so much. Even with knowing that there might be side effects the temptation is still great. Who wouldn't want to become powerful. Not to mention she feels like she failed her family and her own expectations for going to that town and not managing to get any powers.

I suppose because she has not once thought, "This thing has side effects, maybe I shouldn't use it," I didn't think that's the reason why she's hesitating. I was assuming she's hesitating because she's afraid of being found out. Personally, if I knew there would be side effects, I would first ask what they are and if they're dangerous, I wouldn't use the darn thing.

Also, yes, she's probably feeling like she's not living up to her own wants but I don't think she feels like she's failed her family at all. I saw it as her being selfish because she doesn't want to go back with no powers and having her mom say, "I told you so," or whatever. Her mom doesn't expect her to have powers. Her mom only cares that she can be alive and well. If I were Saten, and I think of what her mom said and knowing there are side effects, the thought of using the LU would go away immediately. But this is just me.
Nov 27, 2009 10:53 PM

May 2009
Proselyt said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Saten is becoming a dealer?
Nugi Onna not undressing to her hearts content but being stopped by Kuroko? Since when is Kuroko the voice of reason in this regard?
The fight between Kuroko and this butthead was serious though. Didn't expect her to solve it like that.
There were some surprises in this episode - let's see what Saten's ability is going to be (she'll use the rare candy won't she?).

Saten, don't take the rare candy! Though, I want to see her abilities, but still...Don't do it!

@francis , I thought the same thing, that Saten was going to use "Level Upper" to help out the bullied guy, but guess that didn't happen.

Kuroko's fight with that "Trick Art" ability guy was intense.
I wonder if Saten is going to use "Level Upper" in the next episode, or will the others catch her before she is able to... *hmmm*
Nov 27, 2009 10:56 PM

Oct 2009
Annisa said:
Monad said:
Annisa said:

Kuroko pwns. <3

I suppose because she has not once thought, "This thing has side effects, maybe I shouldn't use it," I didn't think that's the reason why she's hesitating. I was assuming she's hesitating because she's afraid of being found out. Personally, if I knew there would be side effects, I would first ask what they are and if they're dangerous, I wouldn't use the darn thing.

Also, yes, she's probably feeling like she's not living up to her own wants but I don't think she feels like she's failed her family at all. I saw it as her being selfish because she doesn't want to go back with no powers and having her mom say, "I told you so," or whatever. Her mom doesn't expect her to have powers. Her mom only cares that she can be alive and well. If I were Saten, and I think of what her mom said and knowing there are side effects, the thought of using the LU would go away immediately. But this is just me.

Well said but you forgot part of her friends also like her for who she is. It's like winners don't use drugs....Saten is winner already so she does not need drugs....it goes back to temptations again.

Nov 27, 2009 11:16 PM

Jun 2008
francismeunier said:
asdf1248 said:
The fight with the light-warping guy was one of my favourite fights from the manga, but in my opinion, the production staff botched it up quite a bit - it didn't give off the suspense that I got from the manga, and I thought it was kind of rushed, too. Poor depiction of an awesome fight, IMHO. Ah well. Everything else was awesome :)..
So based on my pic the guys' face was havng light being warped around it? That is why it was a different color?
The light is rather bent at some point in front of him judging from the trajectories, i'd say he's changing the refractive index of the air surrounding him, but he himself as an idiot wouldn't know. Like objects seem to be at different positions when immersed in water. Change of colour of this guy's face can easily be explained by light interference, but i think it's just an anime man that's a special effect.

Annisa said:
Also, yes, she's probably feeling like she's not living up to her own wants but I don't think she feels like she's failed her family at all. I saw it as her being selfish because she doesn't want to go back with no powers and having her mom say, "I told you so," or whatever. Her mom doesn't expect her to have powers. Her mom only cares that she can be alive and well.
Her mother would be happy if she returned save and without any power. Saten's problem is that she feels powerless when she wants to protect other people (as she says herself multiple times), has to stay still and watch while others fight. Understandable she wants to change that.
Nov 28, 2009 12:02 AM

Oct 2009
Proselyt said:
francismeunier said:
asdf1248 said:
The fight with the light-warping guy was one of my favourite fights from the manga, but in my opinion, the production staff botched it up quite a bit - it didn't give off the suspense that I got from the manga, and I thought it was kind of rushed, too. Poor depiction of an awesome fight, IMHO. Ah well. Everything else was awesome :)..
The light is rather bent at some point in front of him judging from the trajectories, i'd say he's changing the refractive index of the air surrounding him, but he himself as an idiot wouldn't know. Like objects seem to be at different positions when immersed in water. Change of colour of this guy's face can easily be explained by light interference, but i think it's just an anime man that's a special effect.
So that also answers the kick question I had of the air effect after he kicked Shirai in the ribs.....right?

Nov 28, 2009 12:09 AM

May 2008
SATEN-SAN!!! rofl well i dun blame her since all she really wanted was an ability

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 28, 2009 12:12 AM

May 2008

Nov 28, 2009 12:45 AM

Jan 2008
Kuroko's fight was kind of nice. Too bad we didn't get to see Saten use the level upper... been waiting throughout the whole episode.
Nov 28, 2009 12:54 AM

Sep 2007
Saten resorting to steroid use. tsk tsk
Nov 28, 2009 1:42 AM
Oct 2009
rare candy gogo
Nov 28, 2009 1:46 AM
Mar 2009
This episode was okay, we got Kuroko being a badass, but I'm more interested in the next episode to see whether Saten decides to use the level upper or not.
Nov 28, 2009 3:10 AM

Oct 2009
So that guy can use powers that bends light and call it art trick....does not look like that girl's power with the strange eye browes that has dummy check? Does art trick have dummy check elements in it because both powers use light just one fakes eyesight other one movement......at least I got some answers with subs.

Nov 28, 2009 4:07 AM

Jul 2008
As expected, they cut out the Touma Raddar scene and the Mikoto-Touma confrontation scene before a certain event happened in Index. Hopefully they will put it in later on...

HawthorneKitty said:

Spoilers for Touma I believe

Also, Lv0's have no ability at all (they are classified as failures). However, that does not mean that it is impossible for them to get it and be promoted to a higher level.

Kuroko's fight was great. But I still don't understand how she defeated him. Did she find a way around his power, or just bring down the building?

She scared the shit outta him. It is tough when you are a moment away from being turned into a pancake.

For the love of the God, this is just the first arc -_-'
And even that first arc just began.
Nov 28, 2009 4:15 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode, plenty of Kuroko and no annoying Touma in sight! :D

Too bad we didn't get to see the part where she "innocently" woke Mikoto though, but at least there was some pretty awesome Kuroko battle action =)
At first I thought she was going to teleport those huge windows around his location hoping to cut him (since he only can bend the light which probably is limited to a meter or so a best from it's original source), especially when she said that she would be unable to guarantee his safety.
Using the above tactic leaves a big risk of slicing of an arm or leg plus chance of totally cleaving him in half though :P
So I guess destroying the entire building was a the better choice, especially if you want to be able to interrogate him afterwards.

All hyped for the next episode, I wonder what Saten will do and if she gets any cool ability :)
Nov 28, 2009 4:42 AM

Sep 2009
Good episode. I enjoyed watching the fight....I hope we get to continue seeing other interesting abilities. If Saten uses the level upper, I wonder how they will take of the side effects that are caused.
Nov 28, 2009 4:45 AM

Sep 2008
kuroko was awsome this episode
i want that song....
Phoenix012 said:
Shes so going to use it XD
well i would use it, must be scary to live in a city fullof crime by superpowerful dudes and you ca just run...
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Nov 28, 2009 4:46 AM

Jul 2009
Nayrael said:

For the love of the God, this is just the first arc -_-'
And even that first arc just began.
Yeah..compared to Nogizaka Haruka 2nd season this is nothing, it will paid off soon
Nov 28, 2009 4:56 AM

Aug 2009
"And it's not only guys, but there are women who have skewed sexual interests!"

...Speaking of yourself, Kuroko? XD

Anyway, this episode overall was pretty faithful to the manga material, but there are people who were disappointed that the Touma bit was not included, though that really doesn't bother me. It does take a bit of fun out, but overall nothing big to be crying about.
Nov 28, 2009 5:08 AM

Oct 2009
RapidPotential said:
"And it's not only guys, but there are women who have skewed sexual interests!"

...Speaking of yourself, Kuroko? XD

Exactly same thoughs on that one.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

UnknownFact - Jan 2, 2010

169 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 23, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

throwaway513846 - Dec 25, 2009

224 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 23, 10:13 PM

» Do you like Kuroko’s horniness, or do you think it’s annoying?

SwagsOnB - Oct 2, 2023

31 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Do you like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun?

SpinStudios - Oct 25, 2021

18 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

164 by TheAncientOne »»
Feb 25, 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.