Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 14, 2014 7:57 AM

Sep 2013
topkek said:
What was the song playing on background while he was driving the motorcycle?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RHP_9heGEKo

is this it?
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 14, 2014 7:58 AM
Feb 2014
AsianKungFu said:
topkek said:
What was the song playing on background while he was driving the motorcycle?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RHP_9heGEKo

is this it?

thank you very much. This song was always on my head yet couldn't even find it on the internet.
Jul 17, 2014 9:29 PM

Aug 2013
How much do you have to repeat how your life sucks ? LOL
That bike fall was cool.
Jul 19, 2014 4:05 AM

Aug 2013
That was a great first episode. Story looks interesting and I already like Holland's crew. Surfing robots? Yes please.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 18, 2014 6:21 AM

May 2012
Pretty lovely first episode, I totally dig the overall atmosphere and setting! At first I didn't really knew what kind of anime this was but it sure looks like a very interesting mecha themed anime so let's see what this story has to offer us!
Sep 27, 2014 1:18 PM

Aug 2013
Mmm, this is a very interesting start. It give good vibes with those flashy surfing mecha.

That girl look so innocently cute :3
But she doesn't seem to be no newbie in fighting. After all, she's traveling along a declared terrorist.

I think Renton would like to meet Touma, they could talk about their bad luck together...

Holland look cool as fuck. Loved when he was sneaking from hiding position. He's a shy guy x)

I think I'll have to skip all the previews, it literaly spoiled all the plot for the next episode...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 4, 2014 2:00 AM

Feb 2014
The second half really pulled me in, Im liking the Opening already.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Dec 18, 2014 10:42 PM

Nov 2014
A decent first episode, has me interested for sure. Found it a little confusing at some parts but could follow for the most part. I like the main character Renton.
Mar 6, 2016 6:02 AM

Jun 2015
The art and animation are quite impressive.
:)
May 25, 2016 7:15 PM

Jan 2016
The OP is amazing! Looking forward to good soundtrack.
The animation is decent for 2005.

Time to marathon. Wish me luck...
Nov 11, 2016 5:46 PM

Sep 2015
Dam I hope the grandpa is okay and I noticed the ending doesn't have him. Does he die??
Jun 5, 2017 6:08 AM
Jan 2012
ReilaNimu said:
The protagonist is boooooooring, but I'll keep watching to see if it is really better than TTGL.
Rewatching this five years after my initial watch. I am not surprised I found Renton boring, he is really nothing special in the first episode. When watching the first episode I never thought this show would end up as my favorite anime.
Jun 15, 2017 1:26 AM

Jul 2008
God it's been years since I've seen this, let's see if it is as good as I remember.
Sep 9, 2017 2:15 AM

Nov 2014
So I've been watching all mecha series in order and I'm still stuck way back in the the 80s but you know this was airing on tv and anime is almost never on tv my country and Godmars is such a fucking drag so fuck it I'm watching this right now.

Any great episode, love the art style pretty slick.
Sep 20, 2017 2:01 PM

Jul 2013
I liked it and it seems fun but why do they say Eureka like Air-recca or something? it's so weird, watching the dub and they said it when they were on about the new movie on Imagine-Nation the other day like that and I thought they had to be wrong but obviously not.

Qhy do the robots ride on like surf boards in the sky? Why don't they just fly like normal mecha robots? It's just so weird.

But I like the characters. And Ichigo does the voice of Renton. Who calls a character Renton Thurston? Sounds like some wall street douchebag from the 80s LOL!

I don't really get all the plot :/ I dunno.

Yeah, I'm watching it on TV here too and never seen it on here before. I'd wanted to see it for a while so thought I may as well record it and watch it now. Not quite what I expected tbh.
Apr 5, 2018 12:31 AM

May 2017
Expected a lot more from the first ep, being that it's rated so high. But man, what a boring main character. My boyfriend thinks he's a perfect "average 12 year old boy", but damn, this episode was uneventful and did NOT make me feel like I needed or even wanted to watch the next one. I hope it gets better!
Oct 23, 2018 7:45 PM
Nov 2015
I was 11 years old in the sixth grade when this anime first came to Adult Swim back in 2005, and I never watched the full series but my brother did. He's not a big anime fan like myself, but he LOVES this show. I remember this show because of it's beautiful opening theme by FLOW (who does a lot of themes for anime I've seen).

Renton is aggy AF and I hope to see him mature over the next 49 episodes. The animation is beautiful, expected of studio Bones.
May 14, 2019 8:56 AM

Jun 2009
been meaning to watch this much lauded modern classic for around 10 years. enjoying it so far.
May 28, 2019 10:16 AM

Apr 2019
Very eventful episode.

First, nice opening. I guess I really like Flow.

Flying surfing robots... And did the first one that died bleed?

It seems to me the girl is a robot or something like that, maybe related to the onee-chan, since it doesn't show the onee-chan face in the photos.

Tbh something I didn't like about the prospects of the history is the fact that the MC (Renton?) looks to be a kind of "the chosen one". His father is a hero and he's handed a MacGuffin by his grandpa.

But I like it. Well animated, nice OST and visuals. I will keep on watching.
Dec 2, 2019 10:41 AM

Nov 2016
Great production. The animation and music are simply outstanding. And I like the vibe this series is giving off. Hope for a good coming of age adventure.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 21, 2020 9:21 AM

Jul 2017
Rewatching Eureka 7 and the first episode was a lot weaker than I expected and remembered from it (although to be quite honest, my memory of this show is extremely hazy). The opening is still awesome (especially seeing how the mechs riding boards were animated here and the FLOW song too), and the production in general is still strong and consistent for its time, looks like it would fit well with anime nowadays with some fine tuning. Really smooth animation for the mechs in flight, and characters are solidly drawn and animated too. It's typical Bones visuals but with a more nostalgic feel to it.

Renton was a lot to take in this episode. Kind of obnoxious and bratty but he is a 14 year old kid though, and a lot of 14 year olds are pretty much brats anyway, even me at that age. He pretty much complains a lot about his life sucks the entire episode until he met the girl and her mech that crashed into his and his grandfather's place. Clear to see he'll soon have a direction in life that is off his own will that he'd ride out, just yet to get to that point by the end of the first episode. The world seems pretty interesting at least, but the episode hasn't still quite given me the scope of what it aims to be from the intro. Hopefully it figures out its identity more clearly as the next few episodes pass to be able to give a reason to hook me in other than just the production alone.
Oct 8, 2021 7:40 PM

Mar 2016
The OP was a huge reminiscent of early 2000s anime shows, it just has that vibe in it from the visuals to the vocals and tune. Quite an energetic OP in terms of the upbeat instrument, but the vocals really gave that emotion of loneliness or something I must say, it's fitting for this show. The ED, on the other hand, is a more relaxing approach, either way, both OP and ED are wonderful to listen to, I'm loving it so far.

This show has been around for almost 20 years from the time I'm typing this, Eureka Seven has mostly flown under my radar up until a few years ago and only now did I began watching it. Renton seems to be the kinda kid to idolize a cooler person whilst dreaming of adventuring and living out a life of fun, unlike the dull and boring life he's living right now. This first ep conveyed that really well, I'm interested to know more about his family which seems to be very important to the society of their world, particularly about his father.

This might be a mecha anime, but I doubt it's the usual evil empire vs good nation kinda troupe... Or is it? Doesn't matter, I'll find out sooner or later.
Jan 29, 2022 9:47 AM
Nov 2020
Start to rewatch Eureka Seven again. Haven't see it since 2006.
Jul 19, 2023 10:26 AM
Jul 2023
Interesting, but not really catching
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.