Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 25, 2015 10:28 AM

Oct 2014
We didnt even see him turning to dust, the last pic of him was him yelling before the beam hit him.

Wave without armor survived after being sent flying kilometers in the air....

Jan 25, 2015 10:32 AM

Oct 2014
LordPerucho said:
We didnt even see him turning to dust, the last pic of him was him yelling before the beam hit him.

Wave without armor survived after being sent flying kilometers in the air....

A moment that was devoid of any tension or dark atmosphere... When Wave went flying we knew he was going to be fine.
Jan 25, 2015 10:55 AM

Oct 2014
Also there was some foreshadowing on Budou confronting Esdeath at some point. It means we might see him back again (as a good guy), when no one expecting it.

I remember Kishi said Obito was dead yet we later saw he was alive, Oda confirmed Sabo was dead, yet in the NW we saw him alive.

Budou will battle Esdease and this time he will die for good, his death and forcing Esdease to be very worn out would be useful for Akame to kill her. Akame killing a half-dead Esdease is believable.

Jan 25, 2015 11:35 AM

Jan 2012
Hawk144 said:
Mine noooooo!!!!!! I hope she survive's :( ...

My favorite part was that Tatsumi landed a hit on that bitch, too bad it didn't kill her... I can't wait to see esdeath die.

Mine is alive she is just in a coma. Esdeath is a hard opponent

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jan 25, 2015 11:40 AM

Oct 2014
Tatsumi new look EOS will be like.

Jan 25, 2015 11:50 AM

Dec 2011
I still don't buy Budou is dead until we see his corpse... and Tatsumi's eye has been Incursio'd! I really wonder if he becomes a danger beast with him fusing with Incursio.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2015 11:50 AM

Jun 2014
Frankly, at this point I'm just shocked the author didn't kill Mine off too. I dunno if being a living doll is all that much better, though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2015 12:01 PM
Oct 2014
KageNoAbisu said:
Frankly, at this point I'm just shocked the author didn't kill Mine off too. I dunno if being a living doll is all that much better, though...

well she will most likely wake up in the last chapter so being a living doll for some time is k i guess...
Jan 25, 2015 12:04 PM

Jun 2014
TATSUMI PUNCH !!!

Jan 25, 2015 12:11 PM

Sep 2012
Budo put up quite a fight unlike in the anime.
Oh god who are you people?
Jan 25, 2015 12:13 PM

Jan 2014
This was ridiculous. Anime was better than this.

2/5
Jan 25, 2015 12:16 PM

Oct 2014
Characteristics of coma

NO-EYE OPENING
Unable to follow instructions
No speech or other forms of communication
No purposeful movement
http://www.msktc.org/tbi/factsheets/Vegetative-And-Minimally-Conscious-States-After-Severe-Brain-Injury

Mine might be brain dead...

Jan 25, 2015 12:22 PM
Apr 2014
Looks like they finally killed Budo. But did Mine die?
Jan 25, 2015 12:45 PM

Sep 2011
Taito10 said:

2/5
lol

Tatsumi should put Mine out of her misery and kill her. I fucking hate Mine.
Jan 25, 2015 1:07 PM

Oct 2013
Shes not dead guys.
THE DREAM!
The agony Takahiro put me through tho.

But she could stay brain dead which sucks.
Its likely she will resume brain function much later,for now she is out of the battle for good,and probably her legs are paralyzed permanently.

Not sure if im happy or not.
Jan 25, 2015 1:10 PM

Jan 2012
loki_16 said:
Taito10 said:

2/5
lol

the butt hurt you and some people have over this one character makes some of you look truly sad.
"Yo, Buddy. Still alive?" -Solo Wing Pixy, AC:Zero (best game ever)
Jan 25, 2015 1:24 PM

Jun 2014
VPedge said:
loki_16 said:
lol

the butt hurt you and some people have over this one character makes some of you look truly sad.

I totally agree, Mine is awesome. I don't understand why you guys hate her so much...
Those stars look like they're close to each other, but they're actually very far away, aren't they? It's like Kitamura-kun and I. The things you see aren't always real. How hard must I try in order to understand the unseen truth? ~ Aisaka Taiga

Jan 25, 2015 1:26 PM

Sep 2011
Not going to lie would have preferred to see Mine killed but at least she's out for good I hope.

So this is turning out just like the anime, meh. Whatever at this point I'm just waiting for the end. I can careless this manga went from decent to horrible in the last 10 or so chapters.
Jan 25, 2015 1:39 PM

Jan 2013
Well, I got surprised when Tatsumi bluffed that attack with the spear.
Mine getting in a.. coma/vegetative phase was a little to overdramatic imo, but oh well...
Jan 25, 2015 1:44 PM

Jan 2012
Admir0w said:
VPedge said:

I totally agree, Mine is awesome. I don't understand why you guys hate her so much...

I don't really care for her really but its just some of the people who hate her are amusing yet sad all in one go like I wouldn't be shocked if some people took it on a personal level lol.
"Yo, Buddy. Still alive?" -Solo Wing Pixy, AC:Zero (best game ever)
Jan 25, 2015 1:55 PM
Oct 2014
why should she be brain dead she didnt even hit her head or something like that in fact she just used all of her mental energy so my conclusion is that she is just in a coma because of her body being exhausted besides tatsumi already sad that she should recover now and come back as soon as she can....
Jan 25, 2015 2:09 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Budou was way more badass than in the anime, that gives me a sigh of relief.

Tatsumi's new power is beyond awesome. I just love it.

So Mine isn't dead yet, but it's hinted at she'll return. Man, I'm really hoping Tatsumi gets with Esdese, but even I know that's a pipe dream that'll never come true. The odds are too stacked against Esdese. Such a shame.

At least OP Pumpkin is gone forever and ever and will never return ever.... (I hope).
Jan 25, 2015 2:09 PM

May 2013
Looks like Mine isn't technically dead. Tatsumi will get his revenge.
Jan 25, 2015 2:10 PM

Oct 2014
Pumkin2712 said:
why should she be brain dead she didnt even hit her head or something like that in fact she just used all of her mental energy so my conclusion is that she is just in a coma because of her body being exhausted besides tatsumi already sad that she should recover now and come back as soon as she can....

There are cases in which you see the MC too optimistic, for example Gon thought Kaito was still alive in HxH.

Jan 25, 2015 2:11 PM

Oct 2014
Todd_ said:
Budou was way more badass than in the anime, that gives me a sigh of relief.

Tatsumi's new power is beyond awesome. I just love it.

So Mine isn't dead yet, but it's hinted at she'll return. Man, I'm really hoping Tatsumi gets with Esdese, but even I know that's a pipe dream that'll never come true. The odds are too stacked against Esdese. Such a shame.

At least OP Pumpkin is gone forever and ever and will never return ever.... (I hope).

Didnt Najenda say there was a person that could fix teigus? But the thing is Pumpkin got completely destroyed, and Tatsumi only got poisoned.

Jan 25, 2015 2:12 PM
Oct 2014
LordPerucho said:
Pumkin2712 said:

There are cases in which you see the MC too optimistic, for example Gon thought Kaito was still alive in HxH.
yeah but still brain dead without even hitting her head seems a bit unreal for me sry...we just need to wait i guess;/
Jan 25, 2015 2:25 PM

Oct 2014
Takahiro the best decision business-wise, to have the fans speculate if Mine has died or not. If she killed her right off like in the anime, it wouldve pissed off the fandom like Episode 21 did.

Budou might still be alive, because we never saw him turning to dust (like that Stylish lackey with Extase was) or his corpse like in the anime.

Jan 25, 2015 2:51 PM

Aug 2014
Whoo-wow, lengthy chapter. The fights were almost exactly as the were in the anime, except for Tatsumi being useful for the first time.

After a certain page, i started to wonder whether i'm really reading AgK. Esdeath actually got injured? Only in ch.56? Shocking, though i'm glad it finally happened. I wonder what her new ability is, and also why Tatsumi didn't just try to finish her off.

This chapter is impossible to hate for me, personally. The two characters i dislike actually offed eachother. Budo the Saiyan tool is dead, and tsundere annoyance #999 is in a coma (but props to her for doing her job). Hopefully we really do find out why one of Tatsumi's eyes is like that, and that poison better have healed.

5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 25, 2015 4:08 PM

Oct 2012
so both Mine and Budo are dead, welp looks like she couldn't evade the deathflags forever. Now stuff is ramping up, looking forward to the next chapter and let the misery continue.
Jan 25, 2015 4:22 PM

Jul 2014
Well ... that escalated quickly
Jan 25, 2015 5:33 PM

Oct 2011
I actually enjoyed Budous' fight a lot beside from the end of it, I still don't think he's dead though, but I'm not sure even if he's alive, he will be able to do something aside from killing someone, he's not the type of character I thought he was, you know, the cool, composed, strong character, no, he actually loses a lot of his composure during this fight he even rages a lot, maybe all that talk about changing the empire was really hypocrisy of his side, anyway after his posture in this fight I can't hope anything epic coming from him, I want it but just can't anymore.

We don't know Mines' state yet, dead/coma, all we know is that she is out of the business and that "Four members remaining" says it all, I don't care about her being dead or alive, but just the fact that Pumpkin is not there anymore is a good thing.

Anyway, now I'm curious about how the author is going to handle Tatsumis' power level, since he's actually on or very near Esdeath level, meaning anyone other than Esdeath is easy target for him, still wondering when Akame is going to be the focus of the series....if she ever will.
Jan 25, 2015 5:41 PM

Oct 2013
well that was an awesome long chapter :D sad what happened to mine though but tatsumi was awesome landing a blow on esdeath though what's up with his eye at the end? starting to wonder where wave and kurome were through all this and if the final fight will be between tatsumi and esdeath. kind of glad i ddin't watch past episode 20 of the anime even if put it under completed will get back to it later once the manga finishes.
Jan 25, 2015 5:51 PM

Jan 2014
Some of you guys are ridiculous. I'm happy mine survived but Tatsumi isn't in the best position. She is out of it. Darklight is a mine hater and she survived so :P. I also see some saying "Oh god, its following the anime kinda closely, urgh this just turned to crap over the last 10 chapters" Correct me if i'm wrong but the last 10 chapters were epic Lubba and epic Tatsumi which were freaking awesome along with epic mine this chapter. I see no "downhill" happening.

Everytime this updates I get a pit in my stomach though...
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Jan 25, 2015 5:54 PM

Jan 2014
I loved Budo's determination in this chapter, shame he had to go
Jan 25, 2015 5:57 PM
Jun 2014
tatsum may transform into a full demon like sesshomaru in inuyasha
Jan 25, 2015 5:57 PM

Sep 2013
at least mine survived.. i hope she'll get better at the end.
Jan 25, 2015 6:17 PM

Oct 2014
Re-read chapter... Lol did I just see Akame get "boom bitch, get out the way" by Budo?

Thank god he put up a much better fight then the anime... but still... I know deaths are the norm in this manga but dammit man... If Budo really is dead, then this felt like so much wasted potential....
D3pthChargeJan 25, 2015 6:22 PM
Jan 25, 2015 8:40 PM

Nov 2013
I hope at least mine is alive, i don't care if she is crippled, or blind or something.
I think, Tatsumi's eye, look pretty badass
Jan 25, 2015 9:31 PM

Dec 2013
Tranlations are out. First of all i got to say this was much better than the anime. So it looks like Mine is brain dead, that's kinda sad. Tatsumi got poisoned and Esdeath will start taking things more seriously.

Overall a truly great chapter. 5/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 26, 2015 5:03 AM

Oct 2013
Mein looks pretty dead to me :/

Hope the Pedo Clown gets revived by that "alchemist"... for... reasons... XD
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jan 26, 2015 6:35 AM
Apr 2014
I am holding out hope for Mein. I was so close to rage quitting..... If she doesn't come out of this then I would have rather she died. If there is no recovery then she was subject to a fate worse than death.
Jan 26, 2015 8:09 AM

Oct 2014
Since Takahiro is a FMA fan.

Takahiro will suddenly has Budo reappear like King Bradley and he becomes part of the revolutionary army.

Jan 26, 2015 9:59 AM

Oct 2014
Darklight0303 said:
LordPerucho said:
I still dont believe Budou is gone for good, there are cases in which mangaka says certain characters are dead by then you see them return.

Budou lost because he ran out of energy + he was heavily weakened, reminded me how Laxus lost to Natsu.

Tatsumi is slowly gonna lose his humanity and Tyrant will take over imo.

Berserker Beast tatsumi that then has to be killed by Akame pls.

Incursio already counters Mursame as it is and Tatsumi is the strongest NR member he would rek her xD
Jan 26, 2015 10:25 AM

Oct 2014
With just releasing his aura Tatsumi can defeat Akame.

Tatsumi is definitly turning into Tyrant because he doesnt know the consequences of fusing with a Teigu.

Esdease is also fused with her teigu and she was able to tame the beast inside her because she is that insane.

Beast Tatsumi is far better than Digimon Tatsumi.

I think what the Great Lord/Priest predicted was the death of Tatsumi at the hands of Mine.

That would be very fucked up..

Jan 26, 2015 10:44 AM

Apr 2008
LordPerucho said:
With just releasing his aura Tatsumi can defeat Akame.

Tatsumi is definitly turning into Tyrant because he doesnt know the consequences of fusing with a Teigu.

Esdease is also fused with her teigu and she was able to tame the beast inside her because she is that insane.

Beast Tatsumi is far better than Digimon Tatsumi.

I think what the Great Lord/Priest predicted was the death of Tatsumi at the hands of Mine.

That would be very fucked up..

At the hand of Mine? WIth what? Pumpkin was destroyed and thank fuck for that
Jan 26, 2015 11:19 AM

Oct 2014
It might be fixed because Najenda mentioned of a person who could fix Teigus.

Jan 26, 2015 11:40 AM

Apr 2008
LordPerucho said:
It might be fixed because Najenda mentioned of a person who could fix Teigus.

Quotation needed. Though it would still be bullshit.
Jan 26, 2015 1:36 PM

Aug 2008
Well, that's one way of killing off a character without aggrieving said character's fanbase too much. I bet if she's to ever wake up again, it will be after everything is over. Anyway, four remaining, while only 3 are front-line fighters

So, it seems Tatsumi also has gained resistance against poison, due to him further merging with his Teigu. With a top General dead, and the many defections in the Empire, he prime minister sure is against the wall right now. But if he can maintain his composure, surely he has more tricks up his sleeve (I just hope it isn't the generic kind like in the anime original ending though, it was kinda lame).
Jan 26, 2015 1:58 PM

Oct 2014
Darklight0303 said:

Quotation needed. Though it would still be bullshit.

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/akame_ga_kiru/c056/32.html

Jan 26, 2015 2:41 PM

Jan 2015
Wow amazing chapter. I laughed so hard while, Tatsumi screaming "Esdeath", was charging her but she was blushing saying "tatsumi" all cutesy hahaha

This was done much better than the anime by far.

I also liked that Esdeath realized she cant let her love for tatsumi get in the way.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.