Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 20, 2015 7:27 AM

Nov 2014
The only character i really enjoyed in Naruto were Jiraya, Conan, Nagato and Itachi. Sakura is an (almost) useless crybaby (sorry) and we don't really see Hinata througout the anime.

The problem with the characters of this show is that they are all written the same way. I mean, look at the villains : They all share those bad experiences in their lifes (Childroods ?) that led them to the sp99ky bad side, or are bad for the shake of being bad. Try to compare two, three villains of Naruto, and think about it :P.

Speaking of characters, it hurts to even think about Sasuke ; he's the worst character ever created in the history of anime ImO >:(. He was pretty good until Shippuden, where the fanservice achieved his character, destroying the show at the same time. I still enjoyed some arcs from Shippuden though.

Besides, Naruto Shippuden ended at ep. 174. Period. (◡‿◡✿).
Jan 20, 2015 7:31 AM

Dec 2014
Everyone spends more time on arguing about Hinata's importance to the story and Sakura's useless then they do enjoying the show.
vvindsweptJan 20, 2015 7:34 AM
Jan 20, 2015 7:34 AM

Dec 2012
KawaiiWeeab said:
They all share those bad experiences in their lifes (Childroods ?) that led them to the sp99ky bad side, or are bad for the shake of being bad. Try to compare two, three villains of Naruto, and think about it :P.

I'm gonna assume you mean ''for the sake of being bad''.

That is the complete opposite of what the villains are in this series. They have specific goals and ambitions they want to achieve, some are anti villains, they have heroic goals (peace) but go about it the wrong way (Pain, Obito, Madara) they go with the mentality that the end justifies the means. They are grey villains.

Only black villains in the series, are Hidan, Kakzu, Deidera and some others I'm probably forgetting. The majority of the villains are sympathtic or and grey.
Jun 1, 2016 1:17 AM
Jun 2016
At the beginning of the Naruto franchise, I found Sakura REALLY annoying because of the fact that she was so obsessed with Sasuke ad failed to see Naruto's affection for her.Another thing is that she was always standing on one side and not helping Sasuke or Naruto.Despite that, she still treated Naruto like she was better than him.It didn't take long for me start hating Sakura.

But then in the second season, she finally noticed her mistakes and did everything she could to help Naruto relieve his burden.I really respect Sakura for that.

And then there's Hinata.She was a little better than Sakura in the first season but in Shippuden, as I stated, Sakura improved.But Hinata stayed that shy, kind, and...weak girl.Her character isn't even as developed as Neji's or Gaara's or half the characters in Naruto.Worst of all, she's a dandere.(A dandere acts anti-social and doesn't talk to anyone except when the right person comes along.)

I thought she would have improved and have that Hyuga strength as the Anime develops on, but...She's still the same girl and even though she does eventually get Naruto in the end, she's still the background character.Although, I CAN see why Hinata has so many fans.She's shy, kind and from my experience, those to traits are one of the most well-liked in the animation universe.I must admit, Hinata is also very pretty.But Anime fans just down-right ignore Ino's beauty just because she doesn't have that much screen time.Like Tenten.

So, I prefer Sakura to Hinata.It's amazing how one can go form completely hating a character to respecting her.That's why Sakura wins this debate.^^

(I'm ready for a round of curses!)
Jun 1, 2016 3:32 AM

Mar 2014
Ikr, she's one of the worst written female characters in Naruto. But the answer to your question is only one: Majority viewers of entertainment tend to live vicariously through the characters (specifically the MC), and the chick who likes the MC is obsessed with him plus happens to have larger breasts, which results in the viewer preferring her to the smaller breasted abusive chick who likes someone else. It's honestly that simple.
Sep 4, 2016 7:26 AM
Aug 2016
I love Hinata, but when people say she's better than Sakura in terms of USEFULNESS........ the fuck are you talking about? she fought Neji, LOST, fought Pain to save Naruto, almost killed, and very little of anything else. Sakura did a HELL of a lot more than her, in part 1 she at least TRIED, in part 2 she fought Sasori and other opponents, she saved so many people including Hinata, Sakura is one of the best female fighters in the show, people who say she's useless and that Hinatas better are fucking dumbasses.
KazumaKuzuryuSep 4, 2016 7:31 AM
Sep 4, 2016 11:47 AM

Jun 2007
i kinda like grown-up Sakura (even tho she is so flawed) and i would've liked Hinata if her boobs were smaller lmao, but
both NaruHina and SasuSaku pairings are completely meaningless
if you compare them to, like, Minato/Kushina for example, they are just painfully pathetic and not hot AT ALL
see you, space cowperson . . .
Mar 17, 2021 10:17 AM

Sep 2020
istg i can’t stand it when people hate on sakura but turn a blind eye to hinata

hinata is way more useless than sakura but is treated like one of the best characters in the series..

someone tell me why people actually like her smh
Mar 17, 2021 10:20 AM

Jul 2020
mudkiiipo said:

hinata is way more useless than sakura but is treated like one of the best characters in the series..

cause PLOT and she helped way more than sakura ig
Mar 17, 2021 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
tbh i dont think that many people like her, i think its more just not as many people hate her
Mar 17, 2021 10:22 AM

Jan 2009
Hinata is your traditional wife that is caring and soft spoken and a lot of males love that instead of Sakura the bitch
Mar 17, 2021 10:22 AM

Apr 2020
you have to be dangerously horny to like hinata

ㅤ ᅠㅤ join the
ᅠHayasaka club =>

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Mar 17, 2021 10:23 AM

Aug 2018
theres only ten million Hinatas in anime.
Mar 17, 2021 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
KoreanQTPie said:

Hinata got big boobs unlike Sakura the flat and there are lot of simple man out there
Mar 17, 2021 10:25 AM

Nov 2020
This is a very Wenus lenus zone moment.
Puebes?

Pweeb?
Mar 17, 2021 10:27 AM

Jan 2010
Because she won and sakura didn’t.
Mar 17, 2021 10:27 AM

Apr 2020
deg said:
KoreanQTPie said:

Hinata got big boobs unlike Sakura the flat and there are lot of simple man out there

true, but she got kinda nerfed in boruto

idk who's worse to me: sakura or hintata

ㅤ ᅠㅤ join the
ᅠHayasaka club =>

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Mar 17, 2021 10:28 AM

Oct 2010
hinata has a cute personality and cares a lot for naruto, she even defended him from pain, name any other character that did that? sakura was there and some shinobi too. you may argue that it was an egotistical 300 IQ move to get to his heart because she would be remembered as the girl who protected naruto and naruto was kinda obligated to lover her back after all that, imagine refusing ti marry the girl who who almost gave her life for you.
hinata is great, sakura is great, tenten is great
Mar 17, 2021 10:29 AM

Mar 2018
every female character in naruto is shit. have a great day.
Mar 17, 2021 10:29 AM

Mar 2010
I mean yo Kishimoto did all (most!) female characters in Naruto dirty, the whole show could've been done pretty much without them. Hinata's just a tad less unimportant than most (:
Mar 17, 2021 10:30 AM
Aug 2020
I haven't watched Naruto in a long time but I remember really loving her, although it was mostly just because I thought she was really cute. I'll have to rewatch the series but I from what I remember I wouldn't call her a bad character especially when you compare her to Sakura. Yeah, I know she gets better later on but she was really annoying for awhile
Mar 17, 2021 10:30 AM

May 2020
I have watched only 5 episodes of Naruto and I know Sakura is Useless
Mar 17, 2021 10:31 AM

Jan 2009
Catalano said:
tenten is great

still sad Tenten is single she deserves to be a happy wife too, her Adult version on Boruto movie is sexy hot
Mar 17, 2021 10:40 AM

Mar 2019
Totally justified hate. I mean that girl bore Boruto.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Mar 17, 2021 10:41 AM

May 2017
Yeah Idk the naruto fandom is weird. They will call Sakura useless and trash and praise Hinata who hasn't won a single fight a useful character. You should honestly just ignore it . it's not like the female characters are well written within naruto anyway.
Mar 17, 2021 10:45 AM

Mar 2021
Becuz Hinata has dem big badonkers 😎
Mar 17, 2021 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
She has really huge badonkadonkers, is a kind and good person all around.
Mar 17, 2021 10:48 AM
Jan 2021
I just confirmed, I can't stand this Anime community, if you don't like her why do you can't respect other people taste? I don't like her, but I'm not telling everyone that is a trash character
Mar 17, 2021 10:53 AM

Feb 2019
mudkiiipo said:

Hinata isn't annoying
Hinata isn't bitch
Hinata has big boobs than sakura

Hinata only got small amount of screen time, so i can accept her uselessness.
Sakuta002766Mar 17, 2021 10:58 AM
Mar 17, 2021 10:57 AM

Jul 2019
deg said:
KoreanQTPie said:

I agree with this guy,everybody loves her for her chest,maybe someone for her personality
Mar 17, 2021 11:01 AM

Oct 2020
Because Hinata is way prettier than Sakura.
Mar 17, 2021 11:08 AM

Feb 2021
I was the same until she got a massive buff (if you know what I mean) towards the end of Shippuuden. I mean just look at her at 0:37 in the final opening.
She could’ve been challenging Tsunade for top spot before she got nerfed in Boruto.
Mar 17, 2021 11:11 AM
May 2016
People take what they can get in Naruto.

Also Hinata challenged pain, even if she lost, helped Naruto out of his funk after Neji died when Hinata tried to protect Naruto, and Hinata's also cute.

So she does some things, even if this is Naruto so it's not THAT much, but when clamoring for strong female characters in Naruto, you take what you can get.

Even if Temari is a significantly better character
Mar 17, 2021 11:17 AM

Jun 2020
Yup my man. Hinata is trash who did absolutely nothing except for stalking and getting characters killed.
Mar 17, 2021 11:20 AM

Nov 2019
She helped naruto during the pain fight. sakura cried for his help
"Nobody is stronger than me, even when I go easy on them. Remember that" - Ayanokoji Kiyotaka
Mar 17, 2021 11:22 AM
May 2019
I hate both Sakura and Hinata but I hate Sakura more because of her bitchy personality at least Hinata isn't a bitch like Sakura
Mar 17, 2021 11:24 AM

Sep 2020
Kaijo- said:
Yeah Idk the naruto fandom is weird. They will call Sakura useless and trash and praise Hinata who hasn't won a single fight a useful character. You should honestly just ignore it . it's not like the female characters are well written within naruto anyway.

exactly lol, hinata didn’t do anything the whole series but somehow has over 15,000 favourites

Sayali567 said:
I hate both Sakura and Hinata but I hate Sakura more because of her bitchy personality at least Hinata isn't a bitch like Sakura

completed agree lol
just weird how sakura is always called useless but hinata is worshipped like a Goddess

Catalano said:
hinata has a cute personality and cares a lot for naruto, she even defended him from pain, name any other character that did that? sakura was there and some shinobi too. you may argue that it was an egotistical 300 IQ move to get to his heart because she would be remembered as the girl who protected naruto and naruto was kinda obligated to lover her back after all that, imagine refusing ti marry the girl who who almost gave her life for you.
hinata is great, sakura is great, tenten is great

hinata has no personality, she is just the ‘shy cute girl’

naruto literally helped her from bullied twice(something that someone else would have probably done)then she falls in love with him, doesn’t even make sense

she is literally the most generic character ever and has 15,000 favourites..

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
KuniiMar 17, 2021 8:00 PM
Mar 17, 2021 11:40 AM

Jul 2015
Character development, personality and cute.
She also has her place in the story and by "useless" I assume you think that she rarely contributes in combat, which is not what is even important, because Hinata contributes greatly towards Naruto growing from annoying brat to champion of Konoha and then respectable Hokage. Perfect example was her brief fight with Oain. She went there fully knowing she stood no chances, but if noone round try to do anything, Naruto and entire Konoha would be doomed, so she at least tried to break Naruto free from chakra receivers. Sakura fans also say that it was bitch move to confess at this point, but it could be the last chance for her to do so.
On top of that, her true struggle was burden of her heritage, which was clearly beyond her.

On the other hand Sakura being one of the main characters goes through almost no character development throughout the story whatsoever. She starts the story as an annoying cunt, and finishes it as such. Her fake confession to Naruto was clear display of not only of her vile and manipulative personality, but also how little she learned and grown as a character over the years compared to Naruto, who already gotten over his childish crush on Sakura.
(This was the moment hating on Sakura became mainstream, by the way.)
On top of that, as for someone who was trained by one of Legendary Sannin, she clearly underperforms, she contributes little to nothing and probably her only highlight is her fight with Sasori, where Chiyo did most of the work anyway.
Also, she was so obviously shoehorned into final confrontation with Kaguya, delivering literally only a punch. This looked silly.

Sarada already went through more character development than her.

Mar 17, 2021 11:54 AM

Jul 2019
mudkiiipo said:

Probably because Hinata is the best character ever if placed next to Sakura. So I'd say one would have to be done with hating on Sakura before even starting to hate on Hinata.

Like Hinata is useless yeah, but she doesn't have a lot of focus placed on her. Sakura however is part of the main cast and has tons of focus placed on her, so her being useless is not excused at all. Hinata's acts of uselessness is usually not as frustrating because it's relative to characters that are about as strong as her. But Sakura is often placed next to Sasuke and Naruto, both of which are several times stronger than her, amplifying her uselessness even further.
Subarashii
Mar 17, 2021 11:58 AM

Sep 2020
Piromysl said:
She also has her place in the story and by "useless" I assume you think that she rarely contributes in combat, which is not what is even important, because Hinata contributes greatly towards Naruto growing from annoying brat to champion of Konoha and then respectable Hokage. Perfect example was her brief fight with Oain. She went there fully knowing she stood no chances, but if noone round try to do anything, Naruto and entire Konoha would be doomed, so she at least tried to break Naruto free from chakra receivers. Sakura fans also say that it was bitch move to confess at this point, but it could be the last chance for her to do so.
On top of that, her true struggle was burden of her heritage, which was clearly beyond her.

On the other hand Sakura being one of the main characters goes through almost no character development throughout the story whatsoever. She starts the story as an annoying cunt, and finishes it as such. Her fake confession to Naruto was clear display of not only of her vile and manipulative personality, but also how little she learned and grown as a character over the years compared to Naruto, who already gotten over his childish crush on Sakura.
On top of that, as for someone who was trained by one of Legendary Sannin, she clearly underperforms, she contributes little to nothing and probably her only highlight is her fight with Sasori, where Chiyo did most of the work anyway.
Also, she was so obviously shoehorned into final confrontation with Kaguya, delivering literally only a punch. This looked silly.

hinata doesn’t contribute to naruto becoming homage wym😐he barely notices her until the last movie

sakura and hinata literally go through the same ‘character development’
they both want to get stronger and be noticed by their crushes

Avicebrons said:
mudkiiipo said:

Probably because Hinata is the best character ever if placed next to Sakura. So I'd say one would have to be done with hating on Sakura before even starting to hate on Hinata.

Like Hinata is useless yeah, but she doesn't have a lot of focus placed on her. Sakura however is part of the main cast and has tons of focus placed on her, so her being useless is not excused at all. Hinata's acts of uselessness is usually not as frustrating because it's relative to characters that are about as strong as her. But Sakura is often placed next to Sasuke and Naruto, both of which are several times stronger than her, amplifying her uselessness even further.

that’s is a pretty fair point
but literally nobody can live up to naruto and sasukes standards in that universe, so the mass amount of sakura hate is pretty unfair

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
KuniiMar 17, 2021 8:00 PM
Mar 17, 2021 12:03 PM

Oct 2018
Sure, sure...

But, can you help me? Who isn't a trash character in Naruto? I don't know if there's a good character in that show...
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Mar 17, 2021 12:06 PM

Jul 2019
mudkiiipo said:
that’s is a pretty fair point
but literally nobody can live up to naruto and sasukes standards in that universe, so the mass amount of sakura hate is pretty unfair

True, but it was the author who intentionally placed her as a part of the main cast and even intentionally wrote her to be useless. The author could've easily changed her development slightly and maybe had less focus on her fighting and more on her characterization. But he didn't do any of these things. So I don't blame people hating her one bit. Because in the end, it's all just the fault of the author for writing her in such a way, and placing her in that position in the story.
Subarashii
Mar 17, 2021 12:08 PM

Aug 2018
People like Hinata because of her sacrifice...at least thats the only reason I can find
They both suck...

The greatest thing Hinata did was the sacrifice and Sakura was protecting Naruto and Sasuke during the Exams(until Lee appeared) and trying to make Naruto give up on the promise of getting Sasuke back by declaring her "love" for him(but Naruto rejected her)
Writting this made me think...Why is Sakura worst than Hinata?
Well, Sakura tries to do stuff and fails
Hinata doesnt do shit
Well...this changed my opinion Hinata is worst than Sakura...wow
Mar 17, 2021 12:09 PM

Sep 2020
Nefelupitou said:
Sure, sure...

But, can you help me? Who isn't a trash character in Naruto? I don't know if there's a good character in that show...

yes, yes I know naruto is a pretty generic show

but that doesn’t mean the characters are not well written
Mar 17, 2021 12:11 PM

Jul 2015
mudkiiipo said:
Piromysl said:

hinata doesn’t contribute to naruto becoming homage wym😐he barely notices her until the last movie

That's why Sakura literally tells Naruto to go look for Sasuke, while she proceeds to cry like whiny bitch and heal fish for entirety of fillers from 1st series?
Keep in mind that Sakura is supposed to be one or the three main characters , yet contributes barely anything.

Mar 17, 2021 12:15 PM
Jun 2017
Hinata is only a "good" character when stacked up against Sakura due to how much of an inconsistent and nonsensical character Sakura is (eg. still having love for Sasuke after he mercilessly tried to kill her) and what contributions to the plot she had were more worthwhile and less forced than Sakura's as well as far less of the plot being needlessly focused on her. Hinata also has a background that makes her personality and goals more understandable, whereas Sakura loves Sasuke...just because.
That's not to say Hinata's anything more than a mediocre character, but mediocrity is still better than being Sakura terrible.
Leaving aside the quality behind their writing and more on the topic of why people like Hinata more, a traditional housewife has far more appeal to a man than an inconsistent and irrational woman prone to punching people without just cause. Aside from the waifu factor, there's also the appeal in terms of demographics. Hinata is a very introverted and shy character that a sizeable portion of the audience can relate to, whereas there are a far longer list of better and more prominent hot-headed extroverted characters within Naruto rather than only having Sakura.
Mar 17, 2021 12:17 PM

Sep 2020
JustN0tMe said:
People like Hinata because of her sacrifice...at least thats the only reason I can find
They both suck...

The greatest thing Hinata did was the sacrifice and Sakura was protecting Naruto and Sasuke during the Exams(until Lee appeared) and trying to make Naruto give up on the promise of getting Sasuke back by declaring her "love" for him(but Naruto rejected her)
Writting this made me think...Why is Sakura worst than Hinata?
Well, Sakura tries to do stuff and fails
Hinata doesnt do shit
Well...this changed my opinion Hinata is worst than Sakura...wow

ikr, no one ever brings up her protecting them both in the Chunin exams
plus her pretending to confess her love to naruto was to stop him from having to fight sasuke

sakura and hinata are literally as worse as eachother lol
Mar 17, 2021 12:18 PM

Oct 2020
shes better written then sakura, but the problem is kishimoto turned her into a bitch who can't do anything without involving the word "naruto" in it just the same sasuke was to sakura in part 1. but now in boruto , sakura a is actually useful and is very big key role player in the anime.
JayDaAnimeLordMar 17, 2021 7:53 PM

"Hard work is worthless for those that don’t believe in themselves" - Naruto Uzumaki
Mar 17, 2021 12:19 PM

Sep 2020
Piromysl said:
mudkiiipo said:

That's why Sakura literally tells Naruto to go look for Sasuke, while she proceeds to cry like whiny bitch and heal fish for entirety of fillers from 1st series?
Keep in mind that Sakura is supposed to be one or the three main characters , yet contributes barely anything.

bro she was like twelve years old and not thinking straight, give her a break

how is she suppose to even get up to naruto and sasukes level?
she was never a prodigy or had any ridiculous hidden power....what do you expect her to do
Mar 17, 2021 12:23 PM

Aug 2020
Tbh I don’t really like her in the story except that she is cute. But she is basically the opposite of Sakura and the community likes her because she is the love interest of the main character. And she likes naruto not for his popularity or looks but for his attitude.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 474 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2016

122 by beomine »»
Yesterday, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

436 by ItachiSanStatus »»
May 1, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 48 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Feb 28, 2008

76 by natsuyah »»
Apr 28, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 9 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Sep 8, 2009

27 by Iago97 »»
Apr 27, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Apr 25, 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.