Forum Settings
Forums

Comment on the 10's of the person above you (DO comment with more than one sentence?)

New
Pages (50) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Dec 13, 2009 6:57 AM

Apr 2009
Ghibli. Cool. That's all I can say.
Dec 13, 2009 7:03 AM

Jan 2009
(That's for someone who deleted the post: Minimal number of 10, did not watch those, can't really say anything.)

^ Jaapsneep: Gintama, One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen - I believe truly good, hear only good things about them. The other one is unfamiliar to me.
20th Century Boys, GTO - Great! Eyesheild is believed to be great, I believe it too.

Good luck with my 10's.
LiarKDec 13, 2009 7:06 AM
Dec 13, 2009 8:33 AM

Aug 2009
LiarK

Bleach - I'm a big fan myself but a 10...I don't think so.
Cowboy Bebop - Expected.
Deathnote - Deserves it.
H&C - It was OK. Far from a 10 IMO though.
Howl's moving castle - Yes! Now you're talking.
Kuroshitsuji - As much as I enjoyed this one and wanted to rate it a 10, I couldn't. The ending totally put me off. Waiting for season 2.
Mushishi - May deserve it. It's brilliant but I haven't competed it yet.
OHSHC - It was all good. But not good enough for a 10.
Samurai Champloo - Oh yes! I love your ratings.
Skip beat - I fell in love with it but the cliif hanger ending killed me.

I see why we have a high compatibility. I also should mention I love the background (Byakuya being my No.1 Favourite). And you need to add Baccano! to your list right this minute.
Dec 13, 2009 3:23 PM

Oct 2008
k0k0

Baccano! - 1930s immortal gangsters + fucking awesome plot = one of the best creations in existence.
Dec 13, 2009 3:29 PM

May 2008
Xana-The-Divine

Bit too many I think... but it's interesting how your KnK choices coincide with mine... I also consider 2,5 and 7 the best (although not worthy of a 10).

Clannad is fine, but NGE is a no-no. But I'm not surprised.
Higashi no Eden doesn't deserve a 10 in my book... it was kinda stupid.

Dec 13, 2009 3:47 PM

Oct 2008
corbenic said:
Xana-The-Divine

Bit too many I think... but it's interesting how your KnK choices coincide with mine... I also consider 2,5 and 7 the best (although not worthy of a 10).

Clannad is fine, but NGE is a no-no. But I'm not surprised.
Higashi no Eden doesn't deserve a 10 in my book... it was kinda stupid.

My giving of a ten is based on three things:

Direction, quality, and execution of the plot.
How emotionally gripping said execution is.
Grasp of interest and entertainment level.

All of my 10s in accordance with my personal preference were worthy of that score.

Anywho~

corbenic

I've only seen Clannad ~After Story~ and as you can see from my list, it is in my top five anime. Several arcs in ~AS~ left me in tears much like the first season, but episodes 18 and onward had me crying the remainder of the show. Six episodes and roughly three hours of straight crying, with the end being a cherry on top of multi-layered cake. Clannad ~After Story~ is certainly worthy of a ten, more-so even.
Dec 13, 2009 7:31 PM

Jul 2008
Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone is a complete masterpiece. I loved the special Ramiel effects and the pacing was just epic. You have superb tastes. :)
Dec 13, 2009 7:56 PM

Feb 2009
I can see the 10 for Evanegelion and EoE (even if i didn't like the ending, even the EoE ending missed something for me) since they are great animes.

However the 10 of yu gi oh GX is a little awkward to me. Cant say I cant agree since I never watched the series, but still...
Dec 13, 2009 8:36 PM

Mar 2009
Veethorn
-never seen One Piece myself, but i see tons of 10s for it
-I can't rightly recall if I've seen Char's Counterattack, I probably saw part of it on TV or something a long time ago
-Princess Mononoke.....not a big Miyazaki fan here
-does everyone rate Samurai X: Trust and Betrayl 10? I might just end up seeing it someday
Dec 14, 2009 4:20 PM

Jan 2008
The only ones I've seen among your faves are CHS and TTGL , and I simply loathe CHS. Don't really want to remember any of it as well. ^^ TTGL is, I think, overrated, not really mediocre, but not a good series >_>
Dec 14, 2009 4:22 PM

Feb 2009
kikoushi

NICE KnK, that almost made mine. Overall, I can tell you're a sophisticated anime-watcher, and you usually don't go for most of the crap Japan comes up with.
Dec 14, 2009 5:07 PM

Oct 2008
MoeNekoDrill

Higashi no Eden - Agree 100%
TokiKake - My favorite movie of all time.
5 Centimeters per Second - Again, another of my favorites as well.
Kara no Kyoukai 5: Mujun Rasen - Yup
Kara no Kyoukai 2: Satsujin Kousatsu (Part 1) - Yup

FMA - Okay, I didn't think it was worthy of a 10
Haruhi - Same as FMA
CANAAN - The sugoi and unanswered questions left this as a 9 for me

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth - Holy shit, are you on acid? Give me whatever the fuck you have to rate this a 10.
Dec 15, 2009 2:49 AM
Mar 2009
Baccano! - 100% agree
clannad - liked but started to get boring
Same with after story!
Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone - could of be done better
Higashi no Eden- was missing somethin for me
Gankutsuou-need to watch hopes its good
Kara no Kyoukai- 100% agree

that is all u have so many 10's not gonna comment on all
Dec 15, 2009 4:59 AM

Mar 2009
sebg .. you don't have a 10 with the anime we share so I'll go with 9:
Bakemonogatari .. I agree with you .. it's a very interesting anime ..
Clannad .. it was very boring anime and a slow one .. I can't give higher than a 7 ..
Clannad AS .. way much better but there's still parts that I disliked ..
K-ON! .. nice and funny anime .. but to me there's something missing in it ..
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya .. I can never understand what's so good about it .. I got bored easily while watching it .. :)

Dec 16, 2009 5:25 PM

Oct 2008
LoveSong

Of your 10s, I've only seen Fumoffu. I thought it was decent, but honestly prefered TSR and the first season. It was hilarious though, don't get me wrong.
Dec 16, 2009 11:34 PM

Dec 2009
Xana-The-Divine
Eh.. only seen Evangelion 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone, which I more or less agree on it since I gave mine a 9. xD Great remake of a great series, got high hopes for the rest of the Rebuild of Eva.
Dec 16, 2009 11:42 PM

Apr 2008
Sakhet

It seems quite obvious that you enjoy Mecha anime, which is something I myself and not a huge fan of.

---Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
---Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
I have not seen either of the Mobile Suit Gundam animes that you gave 10s to, but may look into them if you actually only gave the two them 10s out of all the others.

---Neon Genesis Evangelion
NGE was an awesome anime, and I can understand why you gave it a 10. It was an interesting anime, even though it is a mech anime.. sort of.

You should really watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, seeing that you enjoy that genre of anime so much.
Music & Anime > Everything Else
Dec 17, 2009 4:51 PM
Sep 2009
I def. agree with a majority of your 9's and a number of your 8's and 7's (although I did think that Michiko to Hatchin deserved better than a 7), but bus gamer as your only 10...really? I haven't seen it so I can't personally say one way or the other, but since it seems like we have similar taste in anime, if you say it's THAT good than I I'll give it a try.
Dec 17, 2009 5:00 PM

Nov 2009
doctorwolf

gonna credit the ones i've watched and previewed:
Samurai Champloo- It is a cool anime in my preview, yet there was something to lack off...maybe a 10 from your preference
TTGL- Since its kinda overrated, credited to be deserved by majority's taste
Mushishi and FMA- Both are classics, well deserved by your opinion for me...
GTO- The realism and morality humor gives a quick hint to praise this
Kaiba- hmmm...i checked this long time ago...not very attractive to my preference

Dec 17, 2009 5:09 PM

Oct 2008
sauteed_roaches

Great name! I also love the dango daikazoku background on your list.

Code Geass - It was interesting for a little while, but it eventually lost taste and any entertaining value.

Clannad ~After Story~ - Best romance and one of the best overall anime I've seen to date. Characters and the story it tells are near unparalleled. Agree 110%.
Dec 18, 2009 4:04 AM

Mar 2009
Xana-The-Divine

5 Centimeters per Second.. it was a very beautiful movie .. but there was something missing in it .. i don't know what it is ..:)
Clannad .. I can NEVER understand why a lot of people give it a 10 .. the 1st season was really really boring .. the arcs weren't that interesting esp the Fuko one .. the comedy didn't fit the show unlike the 2nd one .. plus it was a very slow in the beginning very fast in the middle (16-18) and the again very slow ..
Clannad After story .. this one I can understand .. but I really hated the end it was very stupid .. and I actually preferred clannad the movie ..
^^.

Dec 18, 2009 4:53 AM

Oct 2008
LoveSong said:
Xana-The-Divine

Clannad .. I can NEVER understand why a lot of people give it a 10 .. the 1st season was really really boring .. the arcs weren't that interesting esp the Fuko one .. the comedy didn't fit the show unlike the 2nd one .. plus it was a very slow in the beginning very fast in the middle (16-18) and the again very slow ..
Clannad After story .. this one I can understand .. but I really hated the end it was very stupid .. and I actually preferred clannad the movie ..
^^.

Something doesn't have to be fast paced to be enjoyable. Clannad took its time when explaining the situations of each character and milked the viewer of emotions. The Fuuko arc was actually one of my favorites of the first season and always makes me cry, the same with the Ushio arc in After Story. The comedy was insert to try and lift the depressing mood the series puts on a person, much how like Shakespeare used clowns in his plays directly succeeding a death or deaths.

You can't say an ending was stupid without giving a valid reason why. The ending was necessary and spirit lifting.
Dec 18, 2009 11:12 AM

Apr 2009
Gankutusou and Baccano!, I love those. If I wasn't such a shounen fanboy those would've been my favorites.
Clannad and NGE, meh. Too much moe and mindfuck. I loved the mecha in NGE but Shinji pisses me off. I can understand why you'd rate the NGE movie a 10 if you loved NGE so much, imo the movie was better (cool reanimation for the cube and EVA01!).

Haven't seen the rest, sorry :)
Dec 18, 2009 12:31 PM
May 2009
I have a feeling that Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen had a huge impact on the way you look at anime.
Dec 18, 2009 2:52 PM

Oct 2008
Benatron

Clannad ~After Story~: Much love there, agree completely.
Eureka seveN: I'm pretty sure I rated this a 9 only because

Bakemonogatari: Fantastic show is fantastic. A 9 for me so far because it's taking too fucking long to release the last episodes!
Dec 18, 2009 5:13 PM

Aug 2009
What can I say?
I also have a 10 on Bacanno, so I have to agree with you.
For the other, I have to watch it.
-Fixing-
Dec 18, 2009 8:43 PM
Sep 2009
Wilio:

The only 10 I have seen on your list is Princess Mononoke which I have rated as a 9, so I can definitely see why you have it as a 10. I'm probably going to watch 5 CM per second soon as I've heard plenty of good things about it thus far (as with Bacanno!).
Dec 18, 2009 11:33 PM

May 2009
Xana-The-Divine said:
LoveSong said:
Xana-The-Divine

^^.

Something doesn't have to be fast paced to be enjoyable. Clannad took its time when explaining the situations of each character and milked the viewer of emotions. The Fuuko arc was actually one of my favorites of the first season and always makes me cry, the same with the Ushio arc in After Story. The comedy was insert to try and lift the depressing mood the series puts on a person, much how like Shakespeare used clowns in his plays directly succeeding a death or deaths.

You can't say an ending was stupid without giving a valid reason why. The ending was necessary and spirit lifting.

Yes, I agree with you. Ever read Dear Friends manga? Depressing ending left a lot to be desired.

Hmm, Elfen Lied - It was so, so. Don't like recaps much and thought much of the series overdone. But I did like certain scenes, involving Kurama and Mariko, and Nana and that's pretty much it. At times, the series can be poignant, but at other times, this feels quite uninspired. Great opening theme though. It was sad, riveting and haunting but unfortunately proved to much for the series, raising expectations needlessly high.

Seto no Hanayome - great comedy series overall (much better than what we usually get today I suppose). Episode 24 was probably my favorite of the lot. The ending sort of ruined my overall depiction of the series as it rushed important scenes and the more uninteresting events were dragged. Quite a few characters and their quirks got old fast, characters like Maki, Shark, Mawari, Akeno and Lunar and some felt too similar. The character design in general just wasn't my thing. But first 24 episodes were good.

Figure 17 - plan to watch. Heard good things about this series, although the ratings for it is pretty low compared.
Dec 19, 2009 12:04 AM

Mar 2009
Obsessive
-haven't seen Aria, but I do like the director a lot
-Code Geass, can't stand it
-Cowboy Bebop is always a solid choice
-I personally find Monster horribly overrated, a good show, but not mind-blowing
-Hell yeah! TTGL all the way!
-haven't seen the others.
Dec 19, 2009 2:10 AM

Jun 2008
classicalzawa
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Great show. I gave it a 9, I could see someone giving it 10. Needed more Kamina though.

Interstella5555 - The 5tory of The 5ecret 5tar 5ystem and Metropolis - Honestly never heard of them, no comment.

Princess Tutu - Never seen it, but it has Chris Patton and Luci Christian as main characters, so it must be good.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - I won't know what to think of this until I see it. Who knows? Perhaps I'll love it.

I've never heard of your 10 rated Manga either. :/
FloreteDec 19, 2009 2:46 AM
Dec 19, 2009 3:12 AM
Sep 2009
YES, we have the same tastes. I agree.

Dec 19, 2009 4:49 AM

Oct 2008
Amy-nyan

A twelve-year-old "weeaboo." Impressive.

Nearly half of your completed series are 10s. I'm sure that as time passes you'll lower some of those scores as you see more and more series.

Higurashi - You've seen both the first season and Kai, so that's awesome. I can agree with a scoring of 10 for both, however Kai appealed to me more with the explanation of the events from the first season. All in all, a fantastic series.

Haruhi - Eh, it was good and enjoyable and I had it rated a 10 once, but it just isn't deserving. Still a great show, however.

Nyoro~n - I didn't think it was possible to rate this so high .__.

Clannad - I can agree with this for every piece except Kyou chapter. It felt far too rushed and it didn't give the viewer as much as an emotional response or tie as Tomoyo chapter or the first two seasons did.

Umineko - Because of that shitty beginning, I'm keeping this at a 9. Whenever Umineko no naku koro ni Kai comes out, I'll certainly give that a 10.

Hetalia - No.
Dec 19, 2009 4:54 AM

Jul 2008
A sucker for cheap emotional thrills.
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
Dec 19, 2009 7:06 AM
Aug 2009
Golden Boy is an okay anime i guess, but i wouldnt give it a 10 because the comedy wasnt very funny to me
Dec 19, 2009 10:49 AM

May 2009
well, what can i say death note and spirited away i myself rated these two with ten so nothing to complain about.
and Dragon ball...i haven't seen it and neither planing to.
Dec 19, 2009 11:00 AM

Dec 2008
Haven't completed CANAAN yet but I don't think it deserves a 10.

I will never understand TTGL hype.
Dec 19, 2009 2:29 PM

Mar 2009
Cowabunga
-only manga 10 is for Monster, which I found good, but vastly overrated
-Cowboy Bebop is always a solid choice
-I've seen the main series for LoGH, but haven't seen any of the spin-offs and movies yet (consider it part of my Spring Semester anime goal list, I will be watching them at some point). Looks like you're in the third season of the show, hoping you're enjoying yourself!
Dec 19, 2009 3:07 PM

Jul 2008
classicalzawa

- Everybody loves TTGL , amirite? Good choice , bro
-Interstella's music might be epic (FUCK YEAH!) but you can't judge it by music only so I don't see how you can give it a 10
-I've seen a lot of people give Legend of the Galactic Heroes a high score I might have to watch it sometime even tho the art style looks HORRIBLE!
-Even though I've never watched Princess Tutu...That's a weird choice
-No opinion on Metropolis
Dec 19, 2009 3:19 PM

Dec 2008
2-D

GTO is indeed funny but it doesn't deserve a 10.
TTGL is overrated.
Haruhi's 1st season is amusing but it's not a masterpiece.
I've only watched 60-something eps. of One Piece, so I can't say if a 10 is fair or not.
Dec 20, 2009 3:39 PM

Oct 2009
Cowboy Bebop definitely deserves a 10 but i've never seen LOtGh but i don't see why it is so popular on this site is it really that good?
Dec 20, 2009 3:57 PM

Jun 2008
BLeakXBuRSTX19

FLCL - Bored me. I don't know what everyone sees in it.

Haven't seen the others, though I plan on watching the Kara no Kyoukai movies and Cowboy Bebop soon.
Dec 20, 2009 4:23 PM

May 2009
yeah, i like clannad though i definitely don't think it's masterpiece. the same about after story. i enjoyed it even less than the first one.
Dec 20, 2009 4:25 PM

Aug 2009
Hello, Redfoxoffire...

Clannad- I like it, but I won't give it a 10 cuz well, it's not my cup of tea.

Clannad AS - I understand why ppl give it a 10, though I won't give it more than 5 mainly cuz it's super boring, Though if it ended with ep 18, I would give it 8 or 9, mayb.

Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 - it's a great show, I once gave it a 10.

Death Note - I like the first arc so much, but the second arc puts me off frm giving it a 10, though I once gave it a 10.

Elfen Lied - Agreed, very beautiful yet very sad and cruel story. One of my all time favs.

The rest I've not watched.

Oops. Someone beats me.
@firy

Canaan - It's one of my most fav action shows. Sry, I duno why I dun wanna give it a 10.

Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2, Death Note and Elfen Lied - as described above for Redfoxoffire.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - a really entertaining show, I won't give it a 10 cuz it seems like it lacks some seriousness compared with other mecha i've seen.

Welcome to the NHK! - One of the very few SoL shows I've watched. Then blame my genre discrimination. It isn't so much to my taste.

The rest I've not watched.
ForsakenArcherDec 20, 2009 4:33 PM
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Dec 20, 2009 4:30 PM

Jun 2008
Freedom_Gunboy, I remember you. Anyway...

FMA: Brotherhood - I haven't started it yet, but I loved the first series and I hear this is even better.

Code Geass - Great show, I once had it at 10 but lowered it. I plan on re-watching it.

Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen - It was good, but I don't think it's a masterpiece. Perhaps it's because I finished the manga first so I know the rest of the story and how his past fits in with his present.

Don't know the others.
Dec 20, 2009 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
Redfoxoffire:

Elfen Lied: While I found this series enjoyable I'd never give it 10/10. I don't really find the story that deep or the like.

Kanon (2006): While I love this series and it even made me cry once I don't quite agree with 10/10 here either. There was just some parts that were utmost boring and unenjoyable, wich lowered the score to 9/10 for me.

Clannad: Yet again I have to say that this is one of my favourites, but not one I'd give 10/10. The mix of "unserious" parts and the drama are sometimes a bit strange I think.

Death Note: This one is really great! But towards the end I didn't quite like it, so here aswell I wouldn't rate it 10/10.

Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2: At the beginning and the middle of this series I thought it was quite lame, but it went towards the glory of season 1 towards the end again. But due to the beginning and middle I can't agree with 10/10.

Shuffle!: Great series, but I didn't like the "unserious" parts at all.

Clannad ~After Story~: Great series yet again, but some story turns I didn't get at all. While me not getting the story shouldn't lower the rating there was also the fact it felt "rushed" towards the end. But this series made me cry aswell, so it's really great on that part atleast! :3

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo: This is the only one I can agree with the 10/10 rating. I simply love this movie. I agree here!
Dec 20, 2009 5:59 PM

Mar 2009
-Xeley
-I've read a bit Kimi ni Todoke, seems pretty good so far
-I did not like Higashi no Eden at all
-I found Haruhi to be completely average
-Girl Who Leapt Through Time was pretty good, but the ending killed it for me, seemed too rushed
-NHK started off pretty good, but I didn't like it as much as the show went on and ending it the same way they ended another episode was a huge crime to me

-don't know any of your other ones
Dec 20, 2009 7:49 PM

Jul 2009
LotGH, couldn't agree any less
TTGL, first arc was great, second arc sucked. (gave it a 9/10)
Princess Tutu, another amazing anime worthy of a 10

haven't seen the others
Dec 20, 2009 8:09 PM

Oct 2008
Saiensu

Of your tens I've only seen one, Clannad ~After Story~, and it is in my top five of all. There isn't much else I can say really except I love your Gankutsuou background.
Dec 20, 2009 8:16 PM

Jun 2008
Xana-The-Divine

Girl who Leapt through Time - Agreed, a 10 from me as well.

5 Cm Per Second - Another one I don't get what people see in it. It didn't really bore me, it just didn't stand out in any way to me either. It felt kind of pointless.

Clannad/Clannad ~After Story~ - Couldn't agree more, ~AS~ is my #1. (And hey, we both have Nagisa avatars)

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - A great series for sure. I gave it 9, but I can understand giving it 10.

Everything else - Dunno.

btw, nice Plan To Watch list.
Dec 20, 2009 8:51 PM

Mar 2009
Redfoxoffire
-didn't like the first season of Code Geass enough to bother with the second
-Death Note's 2nd half shot down any chance for it to be a 10 if you ask me, although the first half was still very good.
-I saw half of Elfen Lied before getting distracted by something shiny, but I did like what I saw, probably not to a degree of a 10 though
-Girl Who Leapt Through Time's ending made the movie a big disappointment for me
Pages (50) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Vent something v.3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Steph - May 7, 2023

5997 by I_shoot_kids_fr »»
8 seconds ago

» On a scale of 1-10 how strict is the user above ( 1 2 )

Ice-Cube - Jun 18, 2022

90 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
2 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts after visiting the profile of the user above? v.3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Aug 9, 2023

3927 by Synkiiz »»
2 minutes ago

» Which one of the two users above you is scarier? v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Apr 13, 2021

8631 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you ship the two users above you? v.12 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Dec 3, 2023

1840 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.