Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 2, 2015 7:51 AM

Oct 2007
skualninja said:
MysteryFan89 said:
From what I can tell most likely the remaining novel material isn't enough for another 24 episode season maybe not even for 12 episodes..

If I recall correctly there wasn't enough material for a season 2 while the first one aired, the author just released a lot of novels while the first season was airing.
So that's not an excuse for not making a season 3, depends on how well it sells.

season 1 was good, a sequel was logical follow up

season 2 is horriblle
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2015 3:51 PM

Oct 2013
Peralisc said:
skualninja said:

If I recall correctly there wasn't enough material for a season 2 while the first one aired, the author just released a lot of novels while the first season was airing.
So that's not an excuse for not making a season 3, depends on how well it sells.

season 1 was good, a sequel was logical follow up

season 2 is horriblle

Well that's just your personal opinion.

Whereas my opinion is that your opinion is shit
Apr 2, 2015 5:28 PM
Mar 2015
Most anime adapted from a source material usually don't get more than a couple seasons because it helps the source material sell. Full Metal Panic! Is the worst culprit of this imho.

This is a unique situation however. I haven't heard of this since FMA and Dragonball, so Log Horizon has a good chance because there's literally nothing for the anime to fall back on. The public want for a continuation doesn't have a "read the manga" answer, so if they want to ride this train, literally their only option is too make more seasons, FMA style.

I could be wrong though, and the latter half of FMA is about as good as filler arcs in Dragonball so.....yeah.
Apr 4, 2015 6:19 PM

Apr 2012
skualninja said:

AFAIK its a NHK show and they dont care about sales coz they are funded by the goverment to make tv shows like LH...
Apr 6, 2015 6:59 PM

Aug 2014
phreeak said:
skualninja said:

AFAIK its a NHK show and they dont care about sales coz they are funded by the goverment to make tv shows like LH...

So Long Horizon season 3 confirmed. Nice. Me likey.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Apr 15, 2015 9:05 AM

Dec 2014
Log Horizon season 3 is not confirmed, but I would say there is a pretty good possibility. But don't expect anything anytime soon. The anime caught up with the original source material completely, and with 5 volumes to a season, we have a bit of a wait.
Apr 17, 2015 5:56 PM

Apr 2008
Considering how Shakugan no Shana was based on light novels, got two seasons and went on hiatus for a couple of years. A third season of Log Horizon is not unlikely.
I enjoyed second season more, first one felt like a filler bonanza.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Apr 21, 2015 12:07 PM

Jan 2014
Wyzdm said:
TheHonestThief said:
Log Horizon season 3 is not confirmed, but I would say there is a pretty good possibility. But don't expect anything anytime soon. The anime caught up with the original source material completely, and with 5 volumes to a season, we have a bit of a wait.

How often do the light novel volumes release?

The novels really haven't had a steady release schedule:
5 in 2011, 2 in 2013, 1 in 2014, 1 in 2015 so far
there is another one planned currently but no release date has been given
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Apr 21, 2015 8:46 PM

Feb 2015
I really want a 3rd season so the bad impression the 2nd one left me with is taken away :/
Apr 22, 2015 8:23 PM

Dec 2014
ThrashMatto said:
Wyzdm said:

How often do the light novel volumes release?

The novels really haven't had a steady release schedule:
5 in 2011, 2 in 2013, 1 in 2014, 1 in 2015 so far
there is another one planned currently but no release date has been given

Because of this we can't really know how long we will have to wait. But personally, I would rather wait for good content and by extension, a faithful adaptation.
Hopefully we get more than one volume a year, but I wouldn't expect 5. Can't say for sure though.
May 1, 2015 4:35 AM

Jul 2014
I loooooved the first season of Log Horizon and was really expecting a lot before starting on the 2nd season. I still thoroughly enjoyed the 2nd season but it wasn't the best, or at least not as great as I would have hoped.

Still hoping for a 3rd season though! Hopefully it'll be better. I can't get enough of this show and its characters~
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 1, 2015 8:22 AM

Oct 2014
raenydays said:
I loooooved the first season of Log Horizon and was really expecting a lot before starting on the 2nd season. I still thoroughly enjoyed the 2nd season but it wasn't the best, or at least not as great as I would have hoped.

Still hoping for a 3rd season though! Hopefully it'll be better. I can't get enough of this show and its characters~

Yeah, it was enjoyable but first season was better. S2 was like filler imo. But i would watch 25 more episodes for Akatsuki.
May 8, 2015 6:08 AM

Sep 2014
Probs be a couple of years til there's enough material to convert to a good adaption.
May 12, 2015 6:32 AM

Apr 2015
Well a 3rd season would be enjoyable since many stories started but we still don t have answers
Jun 17, 2015 11:05 PM

Feb 2014
At least have enough content to make a second third season that lives up to the first. The first season foreshadowed more about the second + third season than the second season had actual plot. It is inconceivable to even compare the first and second seasons (excluding the OST).

Not really, but the second season is just sooooo lacking in many points. They should have at least waited at least until the 8th volume, since I believe the first season was 1-5. But either way there was way too little content and so much time to fill.

I was so hyped after the last episode of the first season, and then they went in too early and messed it up. They probably won't be able to afford a third season. Even if it could be good because they totally screwed this up. The only recovery would be the novel and first season. HOPEFULLY there could be a third, but I wouldn't count on it. Sponsors will be turned off that the second couldn't continue the first's awesomeness and dismiss it for something newer that has a lot more potential money-wise.
Jun 19, 2015 4:18 AM

Aug 2014
1st season was straight up amazing, but 2nd season was not quite as good.

I'm 3rd season will depend on how well the sales goes for the 2nd season in Japan most likely.
Jun 25, 2015 1:33 PM
Aug 2014
Hi Hi! Just joining this convo because I was looking to see if there was a third season and it's interesting, everybody's opinions and all that. We need to remember that Log Horizon was based of the gaming world and how MMORPG's work. The first season was basic detail, like character introduction, how the Elder Tale World works, mechanics and stuff like that. The reason why people don't like season 2 is most likely due to the fact that it is too complicated to understand from that point on, but people who are really into MMORPG's will understand almost every moment of the second season because it was designed to force more details on the said gaming world.
Jun 28, 2015 9:03 AM

Jan 2015
Probably we will get LH 3 in 2016 spring season !!!.... or 2017...
Jul 14, 2015 9:58 PM

Apr 2015
redknife9012 said:
Hi Hi! Just joining this convo because I was looking to see if there was a third season and it's interesting, everybody's opinions and all that. We need to remember that Log Horizon was based of the gaming world and how MMORPG's work. The first season was basic detail, like character introduction, how the Elder Tale World works, mechanics and stuff like that. The reason why people don't like season 2 is most likely due to the fact that it is too complicated to understand from that point on, but people who are really into MMORPG's will understand almost every moment of the second season because it was designed to force more details on the said gaming world.

I fully agree with this. I play MMOs all the time (I watch anime more though) so the second season to me was better than the first because it had way more story to it.
Aug 9, 2015 12:15 PM

Aug 2011
If you skip towards the last part of the final episode, it actually says THE END and so I think that the chances of another sequel is highly unlikely. However, content wise I think there is enough content to make another season such as the Chinese server and Shiroe's new idea of creating a link between the 2 worlds. Overall It was a fun journey but also a really short one, I hope this journey may continue
BtooomzAug 9, 2015 2:10 PM
Aug 9, 2015 4:16 PM
Jun 2014
Two things I want to say about this...
1: I really hope that they make a third season for this anime (therefore I hope this thread doesn't die :P )
2: About what everyone says about the second season. I mean sure it wasn't great when you compare it to the first season but it wasn't exactly bad.

ShanaRikuo said:
If you skip towards the last part of the final episode, it actually says THE END and so I think that the chances of another sequel is highly unlikely. However, content wise I think there is enough content to make another season such as the Chinese server and Shiroe's new idea of creating a link between the 2 worlds. Overall It was a fun journey but also a really short one, I hope this journey may continue

Yes I definitely agree with you on that other than that there may not be enough content at the moment and as we saw from season one, the more content they have the better.
Aug 22, 2015 8:19 PM

Aug 2010
redknife9012 said:

Glad someone also thought of it. I mean the 1st season was great and also the current season.

Maybe people just want to watch Shiroe always in action. The second season is likely exploring other aspects of the game. That's why they had this PK Killer/Gold Quest at the same time and right now I'm watching the kid's arc XD
Aug 31, 2015 10:41 PM
Jul 2013
I just want there to be a third season Cuz I love the anime and honestly, there are few rare cases where I would rather read the manga. I honestly think even though Log Horizon is not the first anime/manga people think it is still a pretty good one style and story wise it has diverse range of fans . So I am honestly hoping that there is a 3rd season 'Cuz Log Horizon deserves one.
Sep 14, 2015 11:18 PM
Sep 2015
Personally I agree that the 2nd Season of Log Horizon was harder to like in the first viewing because there is a lot more content in it... especially after SAO2
But as most great sequel, it gets better when you watch it the 2nd and 3rd time, you will notice the details that you miss the first time around.

I would love to see 3rd or maybe even a 4th season to see how the 3 faction will interact (Adventurers, PoL, Navigators/Harvesters)
Sep 14, 2015 11:45 PM

Aug 2014
azrael_1978 said:
Personally I agree that the 2nd Season of Log Horizon was harder to like in the first viewing because there is a lot more content in it... especially after SAO2
But as most great sequel, it gets better when you watch it the 2nd and 3rd time, you will notice the details that you miss the first time around.

I would love to see 3rd or maybe even a 4th season to see how the 3 faction will interact (Adventurers, PoL, Navigators/Harvesters)

Wait I am confused. You are saying Log Horizon 2nd season was harder to watch because of SAO II? You mean to tell me SAO II was so good that made LH 2nd season look worse?

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Sep 16, 2015 3:57 AM

May 2013
after that ending, i really want at least 1 or 2 more seasons lol
Sep 16, 2015 8:16 AM

Mar 2015
Steven15ify said:
azrael_1978 said:

Wait I am confused. You are saying Log Horizon 2nd season was harder to watch because of SAO II? You mean to tell me SAO II was so good that made LH 2nd season look worse?

It's actually the opposite for me. SAO II made LH Season 2's faults easier to swallow :V
Sep 18, 2015 1:37 AM

Sep 2015
I'm sure this anime will also get a season 3, because SAO already get it.
Sep 26, 2015 9:43 PM

Feb 2013
Merged multiple threads.
Nov 12, 2015 11:21 AM

Jan 2015
-ShadowClaw- said:
Mamare took a bit of slow pace last year but he has gotten back on track and now just as he finished vol 9 he is starting on vol 10 and he said he has already had the story idea that goes up to 15 volumes.

So yeah the first season only sold around 4 k average but it did not matter as it is NHK but now that the second season has an even greater average sale is basically a huge Extra Profit bonus for the studio. A third season was practically garunteed the increase in sales just only further solidified it is all.

The next season will most likely conclude the story. Things are now starting to get together all the little mysteries starting to be revealed so yeah it will have a third season and a conclusive one.

A good thing too. I dont want this series to suffer the same thing to Tsubasa Chronicle another NHK adapted series. Interesting plot and world building but never got fully adapted as there were arguments between the studio and Clamp so the promised third season never got produced T.T
I hope this information is correct, because if it is, there is a high chance for a third season. Thanks for the info!
Mar 2, 2016 7:21 PM

Aug 2015
WisestOne said:
-ShadowClaw- said:
Mamare took a bit of slow pace last year but he has gotten back on track and now just as he finished vol 9 he is starting on vol 10 and he said he has already had the story idea that goes up to 15 volumes.

So yeah the first season only sold around 4 k average but it did not matter as it is NHK but now that the second season has an even greater average sale is basically a huge Extra Profit bonus for the studio. A third season was practically garunteed the increase in sales just only further solidified it is all.

The next season will most likely conclude the story. Things are now starting to get together all the little mysteries starting to be revealed so yeah it will have a third season and a conclusive one.

A good thing too. I dont want this series to suffer the same thing to Tsubasa Chronicle another NHK adapted series. Interesting plot and world building but never got fully adapted as there were arguments between the studio and Clamp so the promised third season never got produced T.T
I hope this information is correct, because if it is, there is a high chance for a third season. Thanks for the info!

Yeah Good info IF pan out,even so it's likely with the release speed of the novels it won't happen for at least 2 years maybe.

see you guys in 2018 then...lol
Mar 13, 2016 8:41 AM
Oct 2015
I've finished the first season a while ago, but I didn't start the second one yet, but I will eventually. So friends of mine saw it and said that the ending looked like it was setting up for a 3rd season. I found Log Horizon really awesome and more entertaining (even more than SAO, but I really like both anime). So do you think there'll be a season 3 for Log Horizon, or not? Please explain why, if you can. Thanks!!
MadMashuTeo
Mar 13, 2016 8:44 AM

Apr 2014
If they keep the quality of season 2 I hope there won't be a third season
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2016 9:37 AM

Sep 2015
Can't say whether there will or won't be, but at the very least it won't be for a while because they need the source material to go a lot further.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 13, 2016 9:47 AM

Mar 2016
Season 1 is already difficult to swallow .

So many rpg terms .What exactly am I watching ?

I hate that fucking Nyanta dude .
Mar 13, 2016 9:50 AM

Mar 2015
probably lower than 20% chance. they are already lucky enough to got fund by NHK so they can get adaptation.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 13, 2016 11:37 AM

Aug 2014
Thread "Will there be a Log Horizon season 3 sooner or later?" merged here
Mar 23, 2016 4:53 AM
Dec 2012
Is there any development on this front yet?
Even though i didnt like season 2 that much i still enjoy watching the characters(except that bitch Minori) and plot development
THE OPPAI DRAGON SHALL SOON ARISE!
~Zoom Zoom Iyaan!
---------------------
Mar 24, 2016 2:27 PM

Jul 2014
SlaveOfTheMatous said:
So many rpg terms .What exactly am I watching ?

Because the show and original material was written with the mindset that the target audience be people who are decently familiar with RPG games in general. The entire show is focused on turning around our preconceived ideas and expectations of what it would be like to live in a game world.
Apr 6, 2016 6:35 PM
Apr 2016
Wow... I must really be in the minority then cause I didn't mind the route 43 arc... i thought it was a nice fluffy bit of world building to show more of the world outside of major cities... that tied with the arrival of Roe2 (and the hints of the coming dangers there) with the big wyvren horde battle I thought it rounded out pretty solid... only real issue was perhaps stretching out Isuzu's issue a bit thin, could have cut it down a couple of scenes and reached the same result.

but perhaps I'm so in love with this setting and cast that the faults smoothed out more then it did for others *shrug*
May 19, 2016 12:08 AM
Aug 2014
Season 3 is unlikely...
May 31, 2016 9:40 AM

Apr 2015

From what I can understand using google translate, the aurthor is in trouble for tax evasion so I assume he wont be continuing the series?
Jun 10, 2016 3:46 PM
Oct 2015
MrCurlz said:

From what I can understand using google translate, the aurthor is in trouble for tax evasion so I assume he wont be continuing the series?

Well, it was reported in this that his sentence was suspended for 3 years, so if he was on good behavior, he could avoid any jail time. It also said that the company that manages his rights(I'm assuming Log Horizon) was fined 7 million yen(63-65 thousand USD Dollars.) It may be possible for him to continue but we will probably have to await further news before assuming anything. Hope this helps.
Jul 26, 2016 7:20 AM

Aug 2013
MasteredRedstone said:
MrCurlz said:

Well, it was reported in this that his sentence was suspended for 3 years, so if he was on good behavior, he could avoid any jail time. It also said that the company that manages his rights(I'm assuming Log Horizon) was fined 7 million yen(63-65 thousand USD Dollars.) It may be possible for him to continue but we will probably have to await further news before assuming anything. Hope this helps.

Throw him in prison and force him to write novels to pay his debts!
Aug 10, 2016 7:30 PM
Aug 2016
The author needs to make 5 more novels before they can make a 3rd season, which will take many years.
Aug 31, 2016 6:40 AM

Oct 2011
ITT: people who didn't like the anime hoping that people who did won't get to enjoy more of it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

155 by Syrass »»
Feb 12, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

225 by SOLDRAKE »»
Feb 5, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

218 by Skydis »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

147 by Overblown »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

161 by Anachrome »»
Sep 1, 2023 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.