Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 21, 2014 10:24 PM
Oct 2014
So I've waited until all the episodes of psycho-pass 2 aired then watched them all and I'm extremely disappointed :/
- There were some stupid plot-devices.
- Gore for the sake of gore.
- And introduction of characters to kill them off.
Any thoughts?
Dec 21, 2014 10:30 PM

Apr 2014
Everyone agrees with you
Dec 21, 2014 10:31 PM

Oct 2008
Its just you.
Dec 21, 2014 10:32 PM

Apr 2014
amateur said:
Its just you.
dis guy. Only for him Psycho Pass 2 > Psycho Pass 1 LOL
Dec 22, 2014 3:41 AM

Nov 2012
The advent of Psycho-Pass 2 seems to be making everyone think season 1 was a masterpiece or something. Please, if you're talking stupid plot devices, season 1 also had them ie the toilet suspect thing. I can understand people disliking gore for the sake of it, but that's hardly a thing to be disappointed over. I can also get behind killing off characters that are newly introduced, but it's not like we thought those characters were going to be important or anything.

Yeah, if you said you were disappointed by Psycho-Pass 2, I wouldn't question it, but the points you bring up aren't exactly anything to be disappointed about unless you expected an improvement.

Perhaps misusing characters? Like Ginoza doing nothing at all? Or Mika being an annoying brat? Or some rather odd character motivations (such as the enforcer joining Kamui)? Or Sakuya just being an ass? I suppose things like that would be rather disappointing.
Dec 22, 2014 3:42 AM

Oct 2008
Protaku94 said:
amateur said:
Its just you.
dis guy. Only for him Psycho Pass 2 > Psycho Pass 1 LOL

Nah ,its rather trolling > basically anything else LOL.
Dec 22, 2014 3:45 AM

May 2014
Yeah your right, Psycho Pass 2 lacks many things...
“Be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”
"Just don't overdo it"
*nods*
Dec 22, 2014 3:48 AM

Nov 2014
I prefer Psycho-Pass 1 but the second season isn't bad.

I don't like the fact that Ginoza is highlighted in this season but does... Nothing at all xD.
Dec 22, 2014 3:52 AM

Mar 2014
I love dickheads with the mentality of "if I dont like it it must be bad"

seriously its not even that bad get over yourself, yeah season one was fucking awesome but just because season 2 isnt as good doesnt make it bad.
Dec 22, 2014 5:00 AM

Jul 2013
Akane was a newbie at first and in season 2, we are shown that she is using her knowledge based on Kogami's training. Mika in the other is just useless.

In my opinion I think Season 2 is good,however season 1 is better in every aspect
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2014 7:10 AM

Jun 2013
Season 2 is fine, definitely not better than season 1, but it's not all that bad, it's not a Glasslip (for example).
Dec 22, 2014 5:10 PM

May 2013
Miraclezify said:
The advent of Psycho-Pass 2 seems to be making everyone think season 1 was a masterpiece or something. Please, if you're talking stupid plot devices, season 1 also had them ie the toilet suspect thing. I can understand people disliking gore for the sake of it, but that's hardly a thing to be disappointed over. I can also get behind killing off characters that are newly introduced, but it's not like we thought those characters were going to be important or anything.

Yeah, if you said you were disappointed by Psycho-Pass 2, I wouldn't question it, but the points you bring up aren't exactly anything to be disappointed about unless you expected an improvement.

Perhaps misusing characters? Like Ginoza doing nothing at all? Or Mika being an annoying brat? Or some rather odd character motivations (such as the enforcer joining Kamui)? Or Sakuya just being an ass? I suppose things like that would be rather disappointing.

Wardo said:

seriously its not even that bad get over yourself, yeah season one was fucking awesome but just because season 2 isnt as good doesnt make it bad.

Excellent reads, 10/10 would quote again.
Brave Heart~

Dislikes politics.
Dec 22, 2014 5:12 PM

Feb 2013
No.

Dec 23, 2014 9:44 AM
Oct 2014
Wardo said:

Ever heard of opinion?
I asked for thoughts not direct objective agreement. You should get over yourself and not get salty over someone's opinion
Dec 23, 2014 9:45 AM
Oct 2014
Miraclezify said:

Look at the score I gave S1 before talking
Dec 23, 2014 1:52 PM

Jan 2014
amateur said:
Its just you.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 23, 2014 10:14 PM

May 2014
Miraclezify said:

This. S1 wasn't really all that special. Some of the things you mentioned that people hated S2 for having...well S1 had them too! (Brutal gory scenes, characters whose sole purpose is to be killed, etc)

S2 managed to be fairly entertaining IMO, though the ending could have been handled much better.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Dec 23, 2014 10:18 PM

Jul 2012
RedRoseFring said:
amateur said:
Its just you.
Dec 23, 2014 10:22 PM

Jan 2009
its not awesome as season 1 but its still enjoyable
Dec 24, 2014 4:02 AM
Dec 2014
They had 11 episodes for a plot that could've been thrown out with 3-4 OVAs, so they added a fuckton of useless things (like everything that happens in episodes 3 to 5) but then they didn't have enough time to properly deal with the introduced padding so it ended up feeling rushed and they had no time to flesh out characters or give them any development or exposre, even in situations where you'd expect them to have development.
They were basically styrofoam dummies.

The problem isn't that it had a ot of violence, the problem is that violence is all it had, but the action scenes were poorly put together and relied on characters acting stupid.

PP1 wasn't deep, PP2 is even more shallow (that's really not how an omnipotence paradox works, heck that's not how paradoxes work period) and relies on the viewer getting distracted by the gore so as not to realize how dumb the writing really is.
qberrDec 24, 2014 4:12 AM
Dec 29, 2014 5:36 AM
Dec 2010
Roy88Mustang said:
So I've waited until all the episodes of psycho-pass 2 aired then watched them all and I'm extremely disappointed :/
- There were some stupid plot-devices.
- Gore for the sake of gore.
- And introduction of characters to kill them off.
Any thoughts?

It didn't feel like it was made in same manner as S1. If it was stand alone series it wouldn't feel that bad. They got ours expectations quite high and then didn't deliver what we expected from them thats why it feels much worse then it is. IF we should compare then yes it definitely wasn't that good as S1.

Lolicon_Knight said:

To me it seems like you are doing exactly same thing you "love" just with different opinion. Even thou i basically agree with last part of what you said about comparison makes second season being seen in worse light then it deserves.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jan 24, 2019 6:29 AM
Oct 2016
You're not alone...
May 24, 2021 7:56 PM
Dec 2017
it just gets more and more degreaded as the years go by.

May 29, 2021 9:46 AM
Oct 2020
It's you................

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

640 by Actomino »»
Apr 23, 4:32 PM

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

263 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

353 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.