Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 21, 2014 2:20 PM

Feb 2014
This was a lot of fun, definitely the comedy of the season. 8/10.
Dec 21, 2014 2:33 PM

Jan 2011
Very repetitive but had some darn funny parts. I enjoyed it overall.
Dec 21, 2014 2:43 PM

Jan 2013
"Drop the cup noodles." - Kokkuri-san
This scene was hilarious XD
And the Dragon Ball reference was priceless XD

Dec 21, 2014 2:45 PM
Nov 2013
Great finale episode, I think it's its my new favorite of the series. The lawyer was hilarious, was really surprised that he was a ghost as well.

7/10. This was a surprise hit for me, I hope we get a second season!
Dec 21, 2014 3:03 PM

Jan 2014
that was a rather sad finale. Anything from Inugami's perspective is hilarious, the way he smite the whole joint was great.

A bittersweet arc for the daugther/lawyer, caught me off-guard when he announce he was already dead.

Going to miss this show and the OP, it generally put me in the mood to watch this

Dec 21, 2014 3:15 PM

Apr 2014
Thought the lawyer was the Teigu >.>
Also I legit got hit with the feels with the reveal that Noelle's father was dead.
But I also had some laugh afterwards with Inugami being left alone lol.
Sad mixed with laughter...

Pretty interesting twist in the end.
So I'm gonna assume that Kohina is the reincarnation of a Woman he loved years/centuries ago but died due to different amount of life span..
8/10
I wouldn't mind a Season 2 just to explore on that back story of Kokkuri.

Dec 21, 2014 3:15 PM

Dec 2013
The true meaning behind the latest episode of Gugure! Kokkuri-san. Spoilers

Kokkuri-san was once a lover with Kohina. After spending many years together she died. He talks about how his life is long and hers isn't. So she got reborn. From the way he spoke. It sounded like he was repeating this hundreds of years. So he has watched his lover die multiple times. She would be reborn as a child and Kokkuri would care for her as a father. No chance to ever be a lover once again. Along with the tragedy of her never remembering him
Dec 21, 2014 3:18 PM

Nov 2013
One of the best comedies this year, liked it a lot. Hope it gets second season. 8/10 for this.
Dec 21, 2014 3:19 PM

Apr 2014
ChibiReviews said:

Kokkuri-san was once a lover with Kohina. After spending many years together she died. He talks about how his life is long and hers isn't. So she got reborn. From the way he spoke. It sounded like he was repeating this hundreds of years. So he has watched his lover die multiple times. She would be reborn as a child and Kokkuri would care for her as a father. No chance to ever be a lover once again. Along with the tragedy of her never remembering him

*claps*

Dec 21, 2014 3:26 PM
Oct 2013
UGHH so sad this show is over T_T. I know that this show's comedy won't be a hit for everyone but to me this show was absolutely hilarious and really did their moments of drama and sadness VERY well....better than some shows that were supposed to be dramatic this season!

The ending gave me serious feels and tbh made me cry as I have fallen completely in-love with this group of weirdos :P

[spoiler]

Dec 21, 2014 3:28 PM
Mar 2012
A great ending to the series, didn't expect that Christmas twist at the end.

ChibiReviews said:

MAH HEARTSTRINGS
Dec 21, 2014 3:29 PM
Oct 2013
ChibiReviews said:

heyyyyy it's Chibi!!!! I'm one of your YouTube subscribers (CarAmeL624)!!! If this is the real meaning of that ending then I think we need a couple OVAs , a movie, season 2...something T_T
Dec 21, 2014 3:37 PM
Feb 2009
ChibiReviews said:

Was actually going to discuss this here but it seems like this. Is a sad ending in the end of 12 funny episodes. I wouldn't mind a OVA with some explanations or the after years eve if the quality would be the same.

Anyway, a good ending with 2 good parts which are connected. The layer who died but had a chance to connect with his daughter ( the reason why Fox helped is clear now ) and in the last part the circle of life.
Dec 21, 2014 3:44 PM

Mar 2013
To bad, no more Kokkuri-san and Kohina ~~
Dec 21, 2014 4:01 PM

Aug 2014
nuuuuuuu ;--------;

S2!!!! Gonna miss this show actually so much it's unreal.
Dec 21, 2014 4:30 PM

Aug 2012
I just took the wish scene as Kokkuri being close to Kohina's mom, and she was the one he made a promise to. But who knows, the first chapter of the manga makes it seem like Kokkuri doesn't have any prior knowledge of Kohina.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this series. The humor and character interactions were perfect for me. I do wish Inugami and Shigaraki got some more focus and development(well Inugami got some I guess) but I'm pretty satisfied with how everything went. The heartfelt moments with Kokkuri and Kohina's non-doll eyes were easily my favorite part of the series. The show could have utilized those a lot more but they only did it in moderation. That was the show's true merit imo, that it didn't take itself seriously at all when it could have easily taken advantage of that side of Kohina. I was honestly hoping for one of those scenes at the end, but this was fine. I'll definitely get into the manga if it gets picked up, which hopefully the anime will drive.
Dec 21, 2014 4:49 PM

Dec 2013
A phobia of things he couldn't sue. What a brilliant and absolutely idiotic fear to have. I laughed more than I should have at that. The whole section with the lawyer and his daughter was nicely done, and then it hurt me. This show did an alright job of placing heartfelt moments into the comedy; not the best, but certainly not the worst I've seen.

Watching the montage as the credits rolled made me realize how much I liked the show. I somewhat agree with other people that it started losing its edge around the halfway point, but I still enjoyed each ridiculous comedy sketch and all the character interactions that went with them. I wish the bully became Kohina's friend though. She's so lonely :(

Shigaraki wins for best heartfelt moment of the show: Killing that monster for Kohina's sake.
Yamamoto wins for best character.
Tengu wins for most unnecessary.
Dec 21, 2014 4:52 PM

May 2013
The lolicon lawyer at the first part was hilarious. But when they said he was a ghost, I was touched. But I also saw better than that. Anyway, they forgot to spend Christmas with Inugami and Shigaraki. Hahahaha!

Inugami destroys all the "garbage". LOL! Kohina has dragon balls? Hahaha! She has all the mysterious stuff in the Ichimatsu storage.

Enjoyed it till the last episode. Hilariously entertaining.
7/10.
Dec 21, 2014 5:48 PM

May 2013
This was a good episode. It was sad that the father had already died, but he finally got the chance to move on without any regrets. Funny that they forgot about Inugami lol. This was a good series overall. Wouldn't mind a season 2 of this.

ChibiReviews said:

Well said Chibi.
Dec 21, 2014 5:54 PM

Aug 2013
Overall, that was pretty good, entertaining and funny, 7/10.

babymilo91 said:
This was a good episode. It was sad that the father had already died, but he finally got the chance to move on without any regrets. Funny that they forgot about Inugami lol. This was a good series overall. Wouldn't mind a season 2 of this.

ChibiReviews said:

Well said Chibi.

Thanks for this information ChibiReviews
Dec 21, 2014 6:10 PM

Dec 2013
Shaniyaz said:
That lawyer can't just stop with his workaholic tendencies! I really thought he was a pervert in the beginning. XD
Noelle's adult outlook of life while getting drunk from a non-alcoholic liquor was hilarious! Her tsundere side was pretty cute though. :3

From the way the lawyer and Kokkuri were interacting amicably the whole time, it didn't even cross my mind that he might be a dead person. His farewell was quite sad..

Inugami's over-cleaning raze was too funny! How they hell the managed to repair the house back though?

I wonder what sort of ancestors Kohina has that her family storehouse is full of legendary items? Ichimatsu family's seven balls of wish granting? Really? XD

Kohina looked twice as cute with her little Yukata! Credit goes to Kokkuri for making her wear it. :3

Kokkuri's monologue about human life and comparing his own was depressingly reflective, yet marvelous at the same time.
While looking at his impression of a rather grown up Kohina, this came to my mind:

Anyone else find them similar?

Great episode to end one of the top shows of this season. I love how they incorporated some serious themes in such a series intended mainly for comedy. 8/10 and yes, we need a second season.

I always thought Kohina and Akane looked similar. Same hairstyle, and that cool attitude toward everything :)
"If anyone wishes to stop me, let them try. If there any whose dispair can match my own!" - Lelouch Lamperouge.
Dec 21, 2014 6:11 PM

Jan 2008
ChibiReviews said:

That's deep. Season 2 WHEN!? This show is too good to not get another go.
Dec 21, 2014 6:22 PM

May 2010
ChibiReviews said:

What suggests his previous lovers (if he had any) were Kohina, that she keeps getting reborn, and that he kept caring for a reborn version of her as a father as if each reincarnation always didn't have a father?
Dec 21, 2014 6:24 PM

Jul 2014
As funny as every episode ;)
Too bad it's end already. well, we get Gintama on April anyways ;)

"Our lives are too slow to live with humans and too long to live alone"
Dec 21, 2014 6:25 PM

Dec 2013
One of the weakest episodes so far but it has a good and heart-warming ending. One of my favourite series of this season. Kohina <3
8/10
Dec 21, 2014 6:35 PM

Oct 2012
Oh my Inugami powerful
Dec 21, 2014 7:03 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A surprisingly melancholy episode. Still really funny at some parts though.

All in all, it was a charming and funny show. Some parts were great, others kind of awkward or disjointed. Kind of wish they included more of the side characters in each episode too, and not just the main four.

I give it an 8/10. I would like to see more in the future if possible.

P.S. Kohina is so adorable.
Dec 21, 2014 7:04 PM

Dec 2010
This was a good episode. It has a nice mixture of comedy and drama all in the same segment, and it was a fun episode, and showed some of the best elements of the series.

All in all I'm glad I decided to pick this series up because it wasn't going to be one I was going to watch originally, but I'm glad I did. It is probably one of, if not the funniest anime I've ever seen, and it makes me sad that it ended. I would love to have more season in the future.

It gets a 9/10!
Dec 21, 2014 7:58 PM

Jul 2010
I'm going to miss those idiots and super-adorable Kohina.It was fun as hell i must say, great OP and ED, entertaining from start to end.
8/10 and i want second season.Which will probably sadly never happen, sigh.
Dec 21, 2014 8:14 PM

May 2013
iv0rywave said:
That was a nice ending to the show. 7/10
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 21, 2014 8:41 PM

Dec 2013
Decent entertainment for a decent show.
The Lawyer dad was a somewhat sad story, even though the dad himself was hilarious!

The new years monologue by Kokuri was fine as heck. I guess that's how it should feel like to be immortal.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 21, 2014 9:03 PM

May 2012
Quick Summary - The true meaning behind the latest episode of Gugure! Kokkuri-san.

SOURCE: Chibi Reviews (Youtube Channel)

I WAS LIKE: SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT :(((
Dec 21, 2014 9:48 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice last episode.

I knew something was up with the lawyer and confirmed so when Kokkuri said the charm was wearing off. The scene afterwards felt like a tearjerker but it was sorta ruined by the comical moments. I just wished the anime would of taken its serious parts a bit more seriously, but I did really enjoy it overall.

7/10 I don't mind having a second season

Dec 21, 2014 10:07 PM

Apr 2012
Finally Finished :D

lol workaholics lawyer and her daughter is tsundere.
is quite sad that lawyer already dead, glad she can move on now :)

Inugami destroy the house xD
Kohina have seven dragon ball? maybe that's explain why the house get repaired so fast xD

really a Fun ride 8/10
i hope for season 2

Dec 21, 2014 11:22 PM

Jul 2014
we're finally done with this loli crap, good. 1/10
Dec 21, 2014 11:22 PM

Oct 2011
Lawyer OMG. I was caught off guard T__T. Christmas with a happy memory

Kokkuri has looked after Kohina all those years

AHHHHHHHHH EHHHHHHHHH

T_________T

SEASON 2 PLEASE AND AN OVA TOO !!!!!!!
Dec 22, 2014 2:16 AM

May 2010
That kid was interesting. Didnt't expect her dad to be dead, I was surprised.

Nice finale. Over-all, this show was really entertaining. Probably my stress-relief of this season. For that alone, it gets a 9 (but then again, part of me wants to give it an 8 cuz some characters never got much screen-time, like Jimeko... never mind)

Season 2!
Dec 22, 2014 3:22 AM

Dec 2013
I might change this later but I will start off by saying that my final grading is a 9/10 and i'm saying that because i was muling over giving it a 10 because of the incredible last episode with the lawyer and the true meaning of why Kokkuri-san is watching over Kohina. What keeps it from a 10 for me is that there is some side characters that didn't get enough development for me but that is it. This is the definition of a laugh and cry series.
Dec 22, 2014 3:58 AM

Jul 2009
I wish there they had developed a little more than just comedy, some episodes were really funny, so 6/10
Dec 22, 2014 4:15 AM

Jan 2013
The first part was kinda sad.

And that sudden monologue near the end, it was good, and unexpected.
It was a good anime, i would watch a second season.
Dec 22, 2014 4:26 AM

Aug 2013
The ending conclusion reminded me of Angel Beats! when It's kindda show us that Kokkuri have wait to see Kohina in the her next life
Dec 22, 2014 4:26 AM

Feb 2014
Comedy this episode was a bit underwhelming for me, but the episode felt nice regardless. Overall I loved the show, it had me frequently burst out in laughter, 10/10.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Dec 22, 2014 4:28 AM

Apr 2014
The part with the lawyer was both hilarious and touching.

Inugami blowing up the entire house because he thinks that everything around Kohina is garbage. Luckily there were 7 dragon balls in the family shed.

And aw at Kokkuri being the only one to make a meaningful wish while the others made silly wishes.

I loved the show. It had quite a few hilarious moments and a few touching ones as well.

Dec 22, 2014 7:25 AM

Sep 2013
I enjoy this anime soooo much. Great ending ♥

I want to know more about them especially about girl in the montage of kokkuri-san's speech but... I'm scared of sequels OTL

Though I guess if they do have a sequel, I bet it'll also be as great!! Yes yes
Dec 22, 2014 8:23 AM

Dec 2014
Lmao at the old guy that was acting sketchy around little kids xD
Didnt know he was a ghost though, sad for his daughter.

Anyways this is the last episode or they going to make a season 2?
Dec 22, 2014 9:55 AM
Apr 2014
Wow this was a really serious episode oO Didn't expect something like that as final. And who was the woman Kokkuri-san thought of? That monologue was really deep.
Dec 22, 2014 10:13 AM

Aug 2013
Nanashi- said:
Wow this was a really serious episode oO Didn't expect something like that as final. And who was the woman Kokkuri-san thought of? That monologue was really deep.

answer :-
ChibiReviews said:

Dec 22, 2014 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
My Thoughts about the Episode:

Now It's over I would really miss this Anime because I had a lot of laughs while watching this.
Because I still didn't have enough Human version of Kohina. I wouldn't mind watching a second season. (If there's a plan to make one.)
I will gonna rate this 8 out of 10 overall. Because I had enjoyed it.
Maybe I will also read the manga, but I can't find it anywhere.
RayzerDec 22, 2014 12:38 PM
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 22, 2014 1:23 PM

Apr 2013
The feels when it was revealed that the lawyer was already dead :(

But a nice ending to an quite entertaining show. If it's true what is being said about Kokkuri and Kohina having been lovers in the past, then a second season to flesh out this story and maybe some of the side characters would be nice!
Dec 22, 2014 1:57 PM
Jul 2018
This episode flew by so fast. It was a nice story to commemorate Christmas even though I was hoping for something related to Kohina finally admitting that she is a girl. I think she will remain a doll :)
Kokkuri-san's wish was beautidul and I hope it gets granted.
I really want to find out if there are any more stories. Guess I'll look at the manga.
Final Score: 8/10 and the tittle for best comedy this season (From the ones I've seen ofc)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2014

162 by S_k_Roy »»
Apr 24, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

61 by lazypanda666 »»
Dec 30, 2023 8:18 PM

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

83 by lazypanda666 »»
Dec 26, 2023 2:48 AM

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

60 by lazypanda666 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2014

95 by lazypanda666 »»
Dec 23, 2023 3:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.