Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2014 1:11 AM

Sep 2011
Somewhere between a 6-7 for me. GGO was a better read than actually watching it for me for some reason. Calibur was eh and Mother's Rosario was the best part of the arc. Felt no emotion during the final scene though...
Dec 21, 2014 1:13 AM
Dec 21, 2014 1:17 AM
Mar 2012
Sytes said:
I have question about koujirou rinko, so kirito met her? when? that scene was not animated or did i miss something?? (pls no LN spoiler)

It happened during the Fairy Dance arc of season 1. The anime didn't show it.
Dec 21, 2014 1:20 AM

Jul 2013
Well, I definitely enjoy this season much more then the last season of SAO. Very great character developments for Asuna and Sinon, although this season has its ups and downs that it is. As for the final episode, it was expected to happen, but it was pretty emotional when Yuuki dies and a lot of players came by and see her final moments.

I was expecting a teaser for SAO season 3, but I guess not. Oh well I'm going to read the light novels for the next arc.

Dec 21, 2014 1:46 AM

May 2010
LastChapter said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

And so, I’ll post the lyrics of Shirushi here as the meaning can now be fully understood:

Thank you for posting these, this song just got 2x more beautiful than it already was.

The development to this episode was rushed. Still a very good one, dat farewell really hurt.

Yuuki died... I wish she could be saved, she was one of the best characters of this show.

Overall, I liked this season about as much as I liked the first one. If this arc had one more episode maybe I would have given it an 9 but this is fine, too.

So SAO arc = 9/10
ALO arc = 7/10
GGO arc = 7/10
Mother's Rosario = 9/10 (could be 10 from what spoilers I read)

Over-all, 8/10, waiting for the 3rd season.
Dec 21, 2014 1:58 AM

Aug 2013
Well that was incredibly fucking sad. Holy shit.

Love how the typical SAO haters were complaining that the feels were forced? Uhm how so fags? Last time I checked everyone crying next to Yuuki were very close to her.

After Yuuki's death she was able to contribute a lot to helping other people, and some of her friends even made medical comebacks. That's nice. Her death had meaning at least.

Medicuboid was actually invented by Kayaba. That dude is always behind something, in a good way, despite his bat shit crazy antics in Aincrad.

Hopefully season 3 isn't too far into the future. LN readers say next arc is just as good.

Zeta986 said:
Hahaha you tried too hard studio A-1 Pictures.

That`s the worst death of the entire series, those feels were ''Forced'' and it`s making me Cringe.
One of the worst Melodrama i`ve ever seen in History of Anime!

Gun Ass Online - 3/10
My Waifu is a Trap with a Beard Online - 1/10
Melodrama AIDS Online - 1/10

This is Deplorable and i want to Nuke Studio A-1 Pictures to make myself feel better.

SAO II = 2nd best Comedy Anime of 2014

You're favorite anime is Love Live season 2. You literally have no right to talk. Literally zero right. Nico favorite character? The comedian here is you, not A-1.
Dec 21, 2014 1:59 AM

Jun 2010
wow this make me cried again, love this arc...yuki, you will always be remembered..
mother rosario>sao>ggo>alo>calibur
never hope for s2 when s1 ended, but this time i'm hoping for s3! xDD
overall 7/10.. good season
MechaMeisterJan 12, 2019 2:44 PM
Dec 21, 2014 2:10 AM

Feb 2014
RIP Yuuki.. T_T
It was good overall 9/10

Gonna wait for another SAO!

Dec 21, 2014 2:39 AM

Mar 2014
The ending is pretty touching !!
Dec 21, 2014 3:02 AM

Apr 2014
10/10. Though I missed the romance from the 1st season, some characters developped more, especially Kirito and Asuna. In my opinion, SAO 2 was as good as SAO. It did not have the premise of being trapped in a VR, but episode after episode, SAO 2 caught me again. Some great stories were written. Probably MR was the best arc in this season. Funny, cheerful, then sad but at the end happy because it left to us all some very important messages.

The power of Konno Yuuki should be an example for us.

Maybe in S3 romance will be there again. Now how long do we have to wait for S3. I'm very impatient about it ;).

At the end, I have a question: Is there a thread here in myanimelist about SAO, where people can discuss, ask questions and stuff? I have some question recarding the plot that are unclear to me and I can not find clues in wikia or somewhere else. Thanks! :)
rumbleanimeDec 21, 2014 3:17 AM
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Dec 21, 2014 3:08 AM
May 2014
Love the ending! It was so touching, can't wait for the third season :)
Dec 21, 2014 3:30 AM

Sep 2014
Yet another good ending :)
More and more SAO haters/'ridiculers' are swallowing their words. The series has shown of some really good points lately.

Same as the guy above me, I can't wait for season 3 (although since the manga release is dragging a bit slow, we might have to wait for a year or two).
Dec 21, 2014 3:41 AM

Feb 2014
Pretty well done overall, I'm down for Alicization.
Dec 21, 2014 3:57 AM
Nov 2009
I wasn´t as sad as I was hoping to be but it was still a good ending nonetheless.

Zeta986 said:

Melodrama AIDS Online - 1/10

Kinda f*cked up but I still chuckled
Dec 21, 2014 4:14 AM

Sep 2013
so its finally over and damn was that a disappointment. i personally had to actually endure that last arc. people keep bringing up the LN's since they're the origin of course but for people who havent touched those, this show is a whole nother experience.

the makers have no feeling at all concerning pacing and atmosphere. i was always hoping they'd somehow get this done (for example yuki finally dying in this episode) but "hey we gotta invite everyone all the viewers got to know over the seasons, it doesnt make sense but we didnt care before so lets do it! and afterwards lets implement some horrible foreshadowing for a third season."

yeah stuff like that made me feel uneasy and get mad at times, making the show less enjoyable overall.

since this aint a whole review i wont make any other points.

objectively as possible 6/10
Dec 21, 2014 4:17 AM

Oct 2013
I have a double feeling about this show. I feel that adding a dying girl we never knew before feels like a very cheap way to create drama. It's tragic whoever it would be, it'd had alot more meaning if it happened to someone we knew before.

I like the message that technology is a step forward and that gaming has positive influences in many ways probably undiscovered to most nongamers.

I feel Death Gun was still related to the "main story", the aftermath of the SAO incident. An end to people killing people virtually. What came after was a bunch of slice of life shit and a tragic character with a tragic disease just for some drama.

It feels so weird....
Dec 21, 2014 4:53 AM

Jul 2007
DaBase said:
I have a double feeling about this show. I feel that adding a dying girl we never knew before feels like a very cheap way to create drama. It's tragic whoever it would be, it'd had alot more meaning if it happened to someone we knew before.

I like the message that technology is a step forward and that gaming has positive influences in many ways probably undiscovered to most nongamers.

I feel Death Gun was still related to the "main story", the aftermath of the SAO incident. An end to people killing people virtually. What came after was a bunch of slice of life shit and a tragic character with a tragic disease just for some drama.

It feels so weird....

The main story has nothing to do with "SAO aftermath".

While most of story has somthing to do with SAO incident, the main story of SAO is about VR and how VR interacts with the way s we live and our experiences.
Dec 21, 2014 5:28 AM

Mar 2012
It's so strange seeing the original SAO have a higher score than this, because I felt this season was quite a bit better. Then again, perhaps its because I felt like it ended on a higher note. The original SAO ended on that HORRENDOUS Fairy Dance arc while SAO II ended on this wonderful Mother's Rosario arc.

Either way, I'm really surprised by SAO II. It ended up being A LOT better than I thought it was going to be.
Dec 21, 2014 5:36 AM

Nov 2014
The last episode of Sword Art:Online II was damn good,actually the whole arc is superb. I was really worried that mother's rosairo arc might face the same tragedy as ELF arc, but fortunatly I was wrong. It was epic and the on the plus side people won't call kirito OP anymore.

~Yuuki beats kirito TWICE and even during the GGO arc kirito beats death gun with corperation of sinon and same with Excalibur arc, so no OP moments anymore. Overall, I enjoyed the season II a lot more than Season I and the ending song of Mother's rosairo is just fabulous, best ending song among all the endings of SAO series. I really wish for season 3 <3 (underworld arc), I guess judging from the bad reviews people have given from past few hours, there's only half possibility now ;-;

- Things that should be in the SAOII
1.More romance (romance was like null considering this was season II, asuna and kirito are in relationship)
2. We didn't get to see excalibur sword in action. (I was really hoping for kirito's dual skill after the excalibur arc)
3. I was really really hoping for cliffhanger ending from the LN
Dec 21, 2014 5:43 AM

Jan 2013
I have yet to watch this but do people wish for another season ?
Dec 21, 2014 5:55 AM

Mar 2011
Having read the light novel, I was hoping the tournament would be a bugger part of the episode. But after watching, I think this was done very well.

Regarding the fight, my memory is bad so could someone confirm. Kirito lost due to a time out, but I don't remember that in the novel, did he lose like that in the book? I remember them saying he didn't use dual wield, but he seemed to lose fair and share.

But anyway, a very touching ending, I can't flaw it tbh. I honestly expected to dislike this arc, as I tend to dislike overly sappy stories, but surprisingly this was probably my fave arc of season 2.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Dec 21, 2014 6:06 AM

Sep 2014
Okay episode I guess. Ending was nice. Loved how they showed that Kirito ISN'T OP. Though I didn't really care for all the drama, was still somewhat sad that Yuuki died. She was a likable character for the short inspite of the short number of episodes she was in. And thus, SAO2 ends. Now I have to wait a couple more years. :s
Dec 21, 2014 6:08 AM

Jun 2011
That was sad. Good job, SAO...
Dec 21, 2014 6:10 AM

Jun 2013
Can someone tell me the name of the ost just after the ending ? ( 22:15 )
Dec 21, 2014 6:11 AM

Apr 2014
What a great way to wrap up the season. Very emotional last few episodes. Good season overall.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2014 6:45 AM

May 2013
Great ending to a surprisingly good season. Mother's Rosario definitely surpassed my expectations, and is the easily the best arc of SAO so far. It helps that Asuna was such a big focus, since she was pushed out of the spotlight so much for GGO.

In general, I like the approach that this season of SAO took, which was exploring how virtual reality can help people deal with psychological and physical issues that plague them, whether it's trauma or actual medical illness. It's a great way for the show to actually take advantage of its setting and characters to explore something meaningful. Sinon and Yuuki are both some of the best characters SAO has produced, and were each compelling in their own way. The paralleling of Yuuki and Asuna was particularly effective as well, as it tied togethere two seemingly separate stories and gave them both a common thematic thread. Just really solid work overall.

Looking forward to the inevitable third season.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Dec 21, 2014 7:10 AM

Jun 2012
As expected, a terrible season.

It managed to be worse than the first as a whole, which is remarkable.

3/10
Dec 21, 2014 7:21 AM

Dec 2013
Very good ending i think it suits exactly for saoII finally asuna decide about her future yuuki left important data and made the biggest progress for medical structure also she left the will to fight until the end to the others.In the end a reunion nothing less nothing more.great job a1
Dec 21, 2014 8:14 AM

Mar 2013
this was so cheesy . hope they give up .no more sword drama online pleesee
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Dec 21, 2014 8:24 AM

Jul 2007
TehWhiteTiger said:
Having read the light novel, I was hoping the tournament would be a bugger part of the episode. But after watching, I think this was done very well.

Regarding the fight, my memory is bad so could someone confirm. Kirito lost due to a time out, but I don't remember that in the novel, did he lose like that in the book? I remember them saying he didn't use dual wield, but he seemed to lose fair and share.

But anyway, a very touching ending, I can't flaw it tbh. I honestly expected to dislike this arc, as I tend to dislike overly sappy stories, but surprisingly this was probably my fave arc of season 2.

He lost fair and square. Yuuki most likely would have countered his last attack and dropped his hp to zero. The timer simply went to zero allowing him to save face.
Dec 21, 2014 8:53 AM

Apr 2014
I'm normally pretty critical when SAO does some things, but this episode was definitely one of the series' highest points. The feels hit pretty hard, although admittedly I felt the fairies gathering around Yuuki to be a little... cheesy? Eh, just a minor nitpick. Rest in peace, Yuuki. You were a fun character. ;-;7

And SAO II comes to a close. I have to say, apart from Kirito's bullshit with his tiny ass bulletproof plot armor, this season I enjoyed more overall compared to to first season. Having the plot shift to less of a harem show in GGO's arc was a nice breather from things. The arc that followed with them pursuing Excalibur was also gave some much needed screen time for the characters who didn't appear that often.

8/10

Anyways, until the inevitable season 3. See you all next time.~
Dec 21, 2014 9:34 AM
Aug 2014
The ending of this season made me shed tears. If a anime can do this to me then it means that it is very good! Too bad we have to wait for a year maybe to see the next season (if there will be a next one) but I liked watching this season for a half year. The feels were real for me in this season.

RIP. Konno Yuuki
Dec 21, 2014 9:47 AM

Sep 2014
Tears please why you do this ;A; .
Really great episode, glad that Yuuki died happy surrounded by everyone.
Nice to see a second duel with Kirito and Yuuki's sword at the end ;c.
R.i.P Yuuki, 10/10 great series overall, even better than the first one, looking forward to Alicization if they animate it.
Dec 21, 2014 10:04 AM

Dec 2012
This is the end of the Mother Rosario's arc, it was an almost perfect arc. I really liked all these episodes devoted to Asuna.

'

So a great anime just ended. I hope a sequel with the season 3.
9/10 because I really appreciated the GGO arc and the Mother Rosario. But I still think that the first season was better.
Dec 21, 2014 10:32 AM
Jan 2014
A very touching, good episode.
And I'm really glad there's no cliffhanger, they are so annoying. Especially at the very end of the season.
Dec 21, 2014 11:33 AM

Nov 2013
This is so effin' stupid. I hate this season. I think it made me like anime less in general; I should have dropped this sooner.
Dec 21, 2014 11:34 AM

Jan 2014
A great arc. Actually, I liked all three arcs of this season.
It was very entertaining and also touching at times. ^^
Asuna became my fave :) Can't wait for the 3rd season!!
Will probably be in 2016. I'm already hyped, though x)
Dec 21, 2014 11:57 AM

Feb 2013
I liked SAO2 more than the first SAO overall, but neither would be as good as an expanded Aincrad arc.

I laughed a bit at the fight between Yuuki and Kirito... they just had to make sure we knew that Kirito would win in a real fight lol.
Dec 21, 2014 12:35 PM

Mar 2011
CookingPriest said:
TehWhiteTiger said:

He lost fair and square. Yuuki most likely would have countered his last attack and dropped his hp to zero. The timer simply went to zero allowing him to save face.

Ahh fair enough. But I still feel it was them trying to say Kirito is the MC, no one really beats him.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Dec 21, 2014 12:52 PM

May 2014
From episode 15 to this 24, utterly horrible. This must be some horrible long dream, or something, since Sword Art Online I remember was awesome all the time.
Dec 21, 2014 12:57 PM

Jan 2014
It was a great season but i still prefer the first one
in contrast to SAO I,the passing in the second season was good
many teary moments (especially Mother's Rosario arc)
i really loved this work
but somehow i have doubts about SAO III
it could be better or worse than the two previous seasons
Dec 21, 2014 1:01 PM

Aug 2013
Wow the feels, I think that this Mother's Rosario arc has had the best story in SAO overall so far but that's mainly because the stories of the other arcs were pretty poor.
However the Phantom Bullet arc is still my favorite SAO anime arc overall, I just thought that the whole feel of it was better than the others and it didn't focus on some rubbish romance like the Aincrad arc did
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just some quotes:

Tron: Oof. Who violated his cornflakes this morning?
Jin: ...I don't eat cornflakes.

Largo: Veg'tables!!!

Archer: You can't save any life unless you're willing to kill for it.
Dec 21, 2014 2:05 PM
Jul 2014
10/10 Perfect.:)

In the end, when Kirito and Asuna talk about the growing VR/RL connection: A hint towards Accel World? ;)
Dec 21, 2014 2:08 PM

Apr 2012
LastChapter said:
Nothing, no cliffhanger. Just your typical "let's run towards our friends" ending.

Not just 'your typical ending'
it is the photograph of the first opening they were in so it's more like a recap ending
Dec 21, 2014 2:14 PM

Sep 2014
Skoellwolf said:
10/10 Perfect.:)

In the end, when Kirito and Asuna talk about the growing VR/RL connection: A hint towards Accel World? ;)

Pretty sure the Alicization arc covers this really well. Also people tell me it hints towards Accel World a lot(Alicization arc).
Dec 21, 2014 2:50 PM
Jul 2013
I thought that this end would have a lot of feelings but it wasn't quite what I was expecting :/
8/10
(except Yuukis death)

R.I.P Yuuki <3
Dec 21, 2014 3:31 PM

Jul 2014
More feels ~

7/10 for the whole series. Fun to watch this sequel.

Can't wait for Alicization Arc to be animated >_<
Dec 21, 2014 3:36 PM
Mar 2014
Great season can't wait for Season 3

9/10

-fuck your feels
Dec 21, 2014 5:10 PM

Mar 2011
Its a shame that Mothers Rosario arc did not get as much episodes to cover as Phantom Bullet Arc, it would of had a much greater impact to build on to Yuuki like AnoHana but I still felt tears
Dec 21, 2014 5:20 PM

Mar 2008
Glad the second season turned out somewhat less cringy than the first. Wasn't as much of a chore to watch.

I have to admit the final duel during the gun-whatsit-online left a great lasting impression.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
Yesterday, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.