Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 18, 2014 12:30 AM

Sep 2009
I used to like parasytes opening until I found out the lyrics where actually being sung in Engrish. Now I can't listen to it without cringing. Same thing happened with Mirai Nikkis opening 2 for me. Does it ruin the opening for anyone else.

Oh and here are the lyrics according to a comment on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZVr-Zu9vPM

There's apparently more than one interpretation.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 18, 2014 6:57 AM

Jun 2013
Just wait for the official lyrics, trying to guess the Engrish is impossible, but yes, it is a combination of English and Japanese, like every song Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas has made.
Dec 18, 2014 10:02 AM
Jul 2018
It's in english-
Dec 18, 2014 10:29 AM

Mar 2014
have you never heard fear and loathing in las vegas before?
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Dec 18, 2014 11:34 AM

Sep 2011
Wait people didn't know this by now? This is why I hated the first ending of HxH 2011. Fear and Loathing is a pretty horrible band imo. It's not so much the 'engrish' that is bad but the scream-o crap. Still though, the opening for Parasyte is pretty awesome despite the music. Just like how I cringed every time I heard the Tokyo Ghoul opening but loved the actual animation for it.

Nothing tops the Berserk anime, as far as bad engrish songs are concerned this one is top kek.

Dec 18, 2014 2:29 PM

Sep 2014
these are the actual lyrics confirmed by the band, and I have formatted it so its easier to follow along with the song, if you want to read and listen at the same time.

You guys do not notice that we
are gifted just for being
humans We are
absolute
predators,
we do not even
have any
enemies
Maybe there is an animal,
watching us and
thinking that
``Someday we will beat them down!!``

Oh I wish we could bury our fingers,
with our arms right through our sleeves
cuz thats what we are,
at no doubt
human beings
Many small lives,

they were born
with the fate
of dying for someone
A human baby
when will they find out?
That at a point they are born We are
(the winners!!) winners of Earth.

ah- 独りで泣いていて(HItori de naiteite)
(ah- you are crying alone and,)

隣で君が問いかける(tonari de kimiga toikakeru)
(you ask something next to me)
だから(dakara) 僕ら(bokura) 寄り添い(yorisoi) 生きる(ikiru)
きらめくまで(kiramekumade)
(So, we live our life, supporting each other until the shinning day)
Dec 18, 2014 6:48 PM

Sep 2013
AuroraBlackheart said:
these are the actual lyrics confirmed by the band, and I have formatted it so its easier to follow along with the song, if you want to read and listen at the same time.

humans We are
absolute
predators,
we do not even
have any
enemies
watching us and
thinking that

cuz thats what we are,
at no doubt
human beings
Many small lives,

they were born
with the fate
of dying for someone
A human baby
when will they find out?

きらめくまで(kiramekumade)

It all makes sense now. o.O
Not even in a million years could I have figured out what the singer was actually saying.

Thanks.
Dec 18, 2014 11:14 PM

Sep 2014
Avok said:

It all makes sense now. o.O
Not even in a million years could I have figured out what the singer was actually saying.

Thanks.
Your welcome! Now I sing along to it after learning all the words, that is why I broke it down like I did. When you see the initial lyrics, most people scratch their head like "wtf, there is no way these are the lyrics"
If my format helped at least one person, I'm glad ^.^
Dec 25, 2014 3:12 AM

May 2010
AuroraBlackheart said:
Where you found this?
Dec 25, 2014 6:07 AM
Aug 2014
AuroraBlackheart said:

humans We are
absolute
predators,
we do not even
have any
enemies
watching us and
thinking that

cuz thats what we are,
at no doubt
human beings
Many small lives,

they were born
with the fate
of dying for someone
A human baby
when will they find out?

きらめくまで(kiramekumade)

OMG LOL CAN'T UNHEAR IT NOW XD
Dec 25, 2014 9:14 AM

Sep 2012
I didn't know it was in English as well until about a couple of days ago I saw the video on YouTube and people were posting the lyrics and I was like wtf... ?_?
Dec 25, 2014 10:01 AM

Apr 2013
It doesn't bother me, i like the opening.
Dec 25, 2014 2:40 PM
Jun 2008
Well i recognized several english words which always happens in japanese openings, but didn't know its full english. It doesn't bother me much and i like the band. Kiseijuu, Tokyo Ghoul and Kaiji 2 openings were awesome.

The time i really cringed like hell was when i listened to Gits SAC opening because i'm russian and it sounds worse than local pop music to me, and our pop music is like really really bad.
Dec 25, 2014 5:00 PM

Nov 2012
Never really bothered me I suppose. I mean I didn't think it sounded Japanese, but eh, I listen to music more for tune than lyrics.
Dec 27, 2014 5:04 AM

Jun 2013
AuroraBlackheart said:

humans We are
absolute
predators,
we do not even
have any
enemies
watching us and
thinking that

cuz thats what we are,
at no doubt
human beings
Many small lives,

they were born
with the fate
of dying for someone
A human baby
when will they find out?

きらめくまで(kiramekumade)

Literally listening to the song with these lyrics in front of my face and I still can't understand it. This is some next level Engrish. I feel defeated somehow.
Dec 29, 2014 6:19 PM

Nov 2012
what? fuck, and i thought it was cool.
mirai nikki opening 2 all over again...
shit... cant stop the cringe
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 29, 2014 6:22 PM

Feb 2014
So, you liked it before finding out it was Engrish? How the hell does that change your opinion? That's really stupid.
Dec 29, 2014 6:41 PM

Nov 2012
BashedPotato said:
So, you liked it before finding out it was Engrish? How the hell does that change your opinion? That's really stupid.
sometimes humans are illogical and stupid. confirmed by migi
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 29, 2014 6:43 PM
Oct 2014
Cognitive Bias maybe
Dec 31, 2014 3:16 AM

Apr 2014
Fullmetal89 said:
Wait people didn't know this by now? This is why I hated the first ending of HxH 2011. Fear and Loathing is a pretty horrible band imo. It's not so much the 'engrish' that is bad but the scream-o crap. Still though, the opening for Parasyte is pretty awesome despite the music. Just like how I cringed every time I heard the Tokyo Ghoul opening but loved the actual animation for it.

Nothing tops the Berserk anime, as far as bad engrish songs are concerned this one is top kek.

Bitch please. Black Lagoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9GfkiZPnm8

Btw, I didn't realise the OP was English until like 2 episodes ago.
Dec 31, 2014 6:27 AM

Jun 2013
sadpwner said:
Fullmetal89 said:

Bitch please. Black Lagoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9GfkiZPnm8

Btw, I didn't realise the OP was English until like 2 episodes ago.

At least I can understand those lyrics, despite the cringeworthy Engrish. Parasyte OP is just on a whole different level. It goes beyond Engrish, it's actually just plain gibberish.
Dec 31, 2014 10:02 AM

Mar 2010
Maybe for native speaker it sounds terrible but as english is my 2nd language i think it still sounds okay. The 2nd verse is really hard to understand even if lyrics are given..

and i can always pretend i imagine it to be whatever, SOUNDS still okay.
Dec 31, 2014 10:14 AM

Jun 2011
If it's in Engrish that doesn't make it horrible. The soundrack of Persona series is a good example of that. I don't give a shit about what the singer sings I just enjoy synchronization of animation and music in the opening.
Dec 31, 2014 11:50 AM
Sep 2013
why? i dont see any logic to dislike a song after knowing the song isnt sung in japanese. if a song is good, it is, regardless of what language the singer use. here i thought that music is form of universal language but maybe i'm wrong about it when it comes to die hard fans.
Dec 31, 2014 1:27 PM

Feb 2012
steaminferno said:
I used to like parasytes opening until I found out the lyrics where actually being sung in Engrish.

why does that make a difference? when it comes to anime OPs i honestly prefer "bad" english over good english.
Jan 1, 2015 11:26 PM

Jun 2013
hahailham1 said:
why? i dont see any logic to dislike a song after knowing the song isnt sung in japanese. if a song is good, it is, regardless of what language the singer use. here i thought that music is form of universal language but maybe i'm wrong about it when it comes to die hard fans.

Because once you know the lyrics you start listening for them, and then cringe at the Engrish. But other than that I agree with you.
Jan 1, 2015 11:32 PM

May 2013
I found the full version earlier and it was...underwhelming.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jan 1, 2015 11:32 PM

Oct 2014
AuroraBlackheart said:

humans We are
absolute
predators,
we do not even
have any
enemies
watching us and
thinking that

cuz thats what we are,
at no doubt
human beings
Many small lives,

they were born
with the fate
of dying for someone
A human baby
when will they find out?

きらめくまで(kiramekumade)

WOW, haha. wait I want to know the lyrics of the shouting in the end (after kiramekumade)
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Jan 1, 2015 11:39 PM

Jun 2013
ermu said:

WOW, haha. wait I want to know the lyrics of the shouting in the end (after kiramekumade)

For what,
have we been living for?
Are you ready for the answer?
The answer is a dark time for you!
Is what we would saw,
in time!

^ seems to be the prevailing theory.
ex_necrossJan 1, 2015 11:47 PM
Jan 2, 2015 12:18 AM

Oct 2014
ex_necross said:
ermu said:

For what,
have we been living for?
Are you ready for the answer?
The answer is a dark time for you!
Is what we would saw,
in time!

^ seems to be the prevailing theory.

well, it makes sense! Thanks a lot! :D
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Jan 2, 2015 4:01 AM

Jun 2013
So you're saying that you initially liked the song and started hating it once you discovered that it is engrish? I think that's stupid. If you liked the song before, it was these "engrish" lyrics which played a part in making you like it. I think it's rather stupid to start hating the song after knowing that it isn't Japanese and is english. Can't change your mind though.

I love this opening. The best one of the season. I actually don't care if it is in engrish or Japanese. If the song is good overall, it's good. I could make out some english words before reading the lyrics. So yeah, I kinda had the idea that the song has engrish in it.
Jan 2, 2015 6:11 AM

Jun 2013
Yamada2 said:
I love this opening. The best one of the season. I actually don't care if it is in engrish or Japanese. If the song is good overall, it's good. I could make out some english words before reading the lyrics. So yeah, I kinda had the idea that the song has engrish in it.

This. It's funny how this song is in "Engrish" form, but I don't mind. The music is so awesome for me.
Jan 2, 2015 6:15 AM

Jun 2013
Yamada2 said:
So you're saying that you initially liked the song and started hating it once you discovered that it is engrish? I think that's stupid. If you liked the song before, it was these "engrish" lyrics which played a part in making you like it. I think it's rather stupid to start hating the song after knowing that it isn't Japanese and is english. Can't change your mind though.

It's like when someone points out that a part of a song sounds like they're saying something else, then from that point on you always hear it. That ruins songs.

In this case, if you know the lyrics then the song goes from "sounds cool even though I don't understand" to listening to some guy try to pronounce English words and fail miserably.

I wouldn't say it ruins the song, but it definitely changes the experience regardless.
Jan 2, 2015 7:20 AM

Jun 2014
Yamada2 said:

This.
Jan 2, 2015 7:26 AM

Dec 2013
Japanese people will probably think "Is this English?" while others go "Is this Japanese?"
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 2, 2015 10:01 AM

Jun 2013
Benphyre said:
Japanese people will probably think "Is this English?" while others go "Is this Japanese?"

I don't think this is even able to be considered English or broken English. It's actually just gibberish.
Jan 2, 2015 10:16 AM
Oct 2014
Gawd damn, well about my comment in that video, uh I wrote exactly what my ears heard, of course they aren't official lol. The full song is even more complicated, I have it in my channel, I hope it doesn't get taken down. It has alot of Japanese from how I hear, and just only the first minutes is english. I even put my stupid lyrics there, until the official ones come out..

AuroraBlackheart said:

humans We are
absolute
predators,
we do not even
have any
enemies
watching us and
thinking that

cuz thats what we are,
at no doubt
human beings
Many small lives,

they were born
with the fate
of dying for someone
A human baby
when will they find out?

きらめくまで(kiramekumade)

These ain't bad either, as you say "confirmed by the band"? Well not really..the band hasn't confirmed anything yet, but those lyrics I found them in many Japanese sites, so they might be the official ones, still NOT confirmed. My ears though don't much put them in the song, they don't fit. It is still early, we will have lyrics in a week or so.
Jan 2, 2015 10:48 AM
Oct 2014
LOWER THE VOLUME, because I uploaded it VERY LOUD. Ear protection lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g3QIdRY2FM
Here is the full song. Now go try and make lyrics. xD
Jan 2, 2015 2:12 PM

Apr 2013
The lyrics themselves I suppose fit, but goddamn I wouldn't have ever guessed it was Engrish. But then again, I guess that explains why I wasn't able to pick out anything in the song, next to the autotune making it more difficult.
Jan 2, 2015 2:20 PM

Jun 2013
ex_necross said:
Yamada2 said:

It's like when someone points out that a part of a song sounds like they're saying something else, then from that point on you always hear it. That ruins songs.

In this case, if you know the lyrics then the song goes from "sounds cool even though I don't understand" to listening to some guy try to pronounce English words and fail miserably.

I wouldn't say it ruins the song, but it definitely changes the experience regardless.

Well, for me its quite different. No matter what language its in, after knowing the lyrics I enjoy the song even more. While I agree that listening to a song after knowing the lyrics and before knowing it is different, I think that the opinion one has of that song shouldn't change much. It could go from "cool" to "less cool" but not further to "cringe worthy". Anyway, this is just my experience. Obviously it'll differ from person to person.
Jan 3, 2015 3:22 AM

Jun 2013
Yamada2 said:
ex_necross said:

Well, for me its quite different. No matter what language its in, after knowing the lyrics I enjoy the song even more. While I agree that listening to a song after knowing the lyrics and before knowing it is different, I think that the opinion one has of that song shouldn't change much. It could go from "cool" to "less cool" but not further to "cringe worthy". Anyway, this is just my experience. Obviously it'll differ from person to person.

Some people are just bothered by things that others aren't. It doesn't bother me that the song is actually just bad Engrish, but it's definitely a bit less cool as you said. I still like it.

That being said, I can totally sympathize with people who just can't listen to it seriously anymore. Like for me, if I find out a character's VA is also the VA of another well-known character, I can't look at the character the same way as before. It's also why comedy actors like Jim Carrey aren't often put in serious roles, because people can't take the comedians seriously knowing their previous works.

It's all the same general idea. If it doesn't bother you, then that's great. But realize that it does bother a lot of people and people like this:
yoite- said:

Omg you're lame and pathetic. The song is in english, well boo-freaking-hoo.

should be ashamed of themselves.
Jan 3, 2015 4:12 AM
Sep 2013
on the other note, the full version.... i dont expect it to be like this lol
Jan 3, 2015 8:42 AM
Oct 2014
Anyone saw my comments? Oh well, I really like the full version.
Jan 3, 2015 8:44 AM

Dec 2009
holy...never noticed
Jan 4, 2015 7:44 AM

Jun 2013
Unknown50 said:

That's not the full version and I know you don't actually believe that's the full version. That's multiple different songs poorly spliced together. Someone else uploaded that same song earlier on. The full version isn't out till later this month.
Jan 7, 2015 7:27 AM
Jul 2012
ex_necross said:
Unknown50 said:

That's not the full version and I know you don't actually believe that's the full version. That's multiple different songs poorly spliced together. Someone else uploaded that same song earlier on. The full version isn't out till later this month.

It's out!
enjoy http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=642754
Jan 7, 2015 8:48 PM

Jun 2013
saahma said:
ex_necross said:

It's out!

I refuse to believe this is the full version. If it is, holy shit what a clusterfuck. It's like 5 completely different tracks spliced together.
Jan 9, 2015 10:01 AM

Sep 2014
I LOVE THIS OPENING MY #1. But i was stunned when i found out that lyrics are english xD
Jan 9, 2015 12:37 PM

Feb 2014
The fact that you can't really understand the Engrish at all without a cheat sheet makes it far *less* annoying than something like the Black Lagoon OP, whose flaws are entirely "in your face."
Jan 10, 2015 8:33 AM

Mar 2010
ex_necross said:
saahma said:

It's out!

I refuse to believe this is the full version. If it is, holy shit what a clusterfuck. It's like 5 completely different tracks spliced together.

indeed. It's like someone told them: Make an opening song for anime and rest of the song just do whatever. And then the band thought: since a lot of people are going to want to listen the full version, instead of presenting them a song, lets just show what kind of band we are and what type of music we make, screw the song, lets just jam.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

655 by Akkumakira »»
Yesterday, 9:23 PM

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.