Forum Settings
Forums
Overlord
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2014 1:31 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Not much a fan of the art style, it's a bit too childish for a series such as this. Already, all the main guardians of Nazarick have been introduced. We got a glimpse of what Momonga's real life self looks like, now let's see how he'll cope in his new reality.
Dec 12, 2014 1:49 AM

Nov 2011
What a cast of characters. My favorite would be the skull guy right now. Seems a bit generic but whatever.
Dec 12, 2014 3:44 AM

Sep 2013
if only the art were better, well i'm kinda pump up about what he is going to do next
Dec 12, 2014 5:12 AM

Apr 2014
LastChapter said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
Not much a fan of the art style, it's a bit too childish for a series such as this. Already, all the main guardians of Nazarick have been introduced. We got a glimpse of what Momonga's real life self looks like, now let's see how he'll cope in his new reality.

Yeah..I mean its there in correspondence with the LN but I feel like its truly lacking the Grittiness,Dark,Brutal even and everything the LN has.
Which really shows how much of an Overlord Momonga is.

Also this was a bad introduction IMO
not showing how Nazarick looks like and what not.
Damn,In the LN I can truly feel how Momonga held his comrades deeply..
It was also pretty fast paced and missed the in depth introduction of each characters..How the twins were afraid of Momonga due to his presence,etc.
(Yeah I'm overestimating a manga adaptation lol)

Bah.At least we got to see Albedo xD
Hope the next chapter doesn't Fuck everything up.That would show how evil they are.
NeutralSideDec 12, 2014 5:33 AM

Dec 12, 2014 12:07 PM

Jun 2013
LastChapter said:

Yeah style is not that fitting but pretty good start...I was literally Oh boy, when it was supposed to end and he closes his eyes, next moment...hello new World and Amazing adventure...along with Gigantic Shock!! XD Lol, he laid his bed moment he changed those protocols from Albedo..now he hast to rest in it. goodbyes to nakama are sad..even if they ABANDONEd the guild.

LITERALLY REAP WHAT YOU SEW!!! Albedo's reaction and that Skull's face was hilarious.XD and interactions between Shalltear and Aura are hilarious.

Hmm...let the Conquer Begin? XD
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 12, 2014 12:39 PM

Sep 2013
The art is fine, it's just that the chapter isn't cleaned properly :( see how it's grey and not detailed?
C'mon people you can call out anime quality instantly, but not this? geezus :(

Good chapter, f*ck the real world I'd be a skeleton wizard too.
Dec 12, 2014 2:00 PM

Aug 2013
Not really liking Albedo's design. She's much hotter in the LN's illustration >.>

But i like how they skipped some unnecessary parts.
Dec 12, 2014 11:17 PM

Jul 2014
Ohhh that's the 2nd manga this year with this kind of story. They're just copying SAO. :x Well, who cares actualy... I'll read it, looks cool. ^^
Dec 13, 2014 3:53 PM
Dec 2014
InsaneSlayer98 said:
Ohhh that's the 2nd manga this year with this kind of story. They're just copying SAO. :x Well, who cares actualy... I'll read it, looks cool. ^^

Some ways yes and some ways no.

Similar:
SAO & Overlord: Both are about a game and both are trapped inside said game.

Difference:
SAO: MC is *fight,struggle,win* and the objective is they fight to escape the game they're trapped in. The game itself is fresh into beta when the developer traps them

OverLord: MC is *kill* (its very one-sided) and the objective is more or less world domination. The MC and his tower are transported to a different world and not exactly the game world he knows and he doesn't think about escaping. The game itself is ending its life and shutting down when MC is transported.
Dec 13, 2014 9:33 PM
Mar 2012
InsaneSlayer98 said:

>2nd manga this year with that kind of story
>copying SAO

Looks like you are unaware of the whole VRMMO genre... And if I can take a guess, Log Horizon would be your "first manga" with that kind of story?
Dec 14, 2014 1:50 AM

Aug 2013
InsaneSlayer98 said:

Ugh...
Dec 15, 2014 1:36 PM

Apr 2014
InsaneSlayer98 said:

Yeah like SAO introduced that genre lololololol.
Also Overlord is more grittier than SAo anyway.
World domination!

Mar 21, 2015 12:36 AM

Apr 2012
InsaneSlayer98 said:

Going by that logic, SAO is copying .hack, which began in 2002. SAO is utter garbage anyway, nobody with half a brain would copy it.
Mar 21, 2015 12:50 AM
Mar 2012
Oddyeus said:
InsaneSlayer98 said:

Going by that logic, SAO is copying .hack, which began in 2002. SAO is utter garbage anyway, nobody with half a brain would copy it.
SAO was conceived in 2002, make sure to get your facts straight before using it as evidence to denounce a series.
Nov 1, 2015 2:44 PM

Dec 2014
Excellent start. Haven't either read the LN or watch the anime, but I'll keep it up with the manga :)
Jan 23, 2018 8:45 PM

Jul 2016
Watched Season 1 of the Anime and haven't red the Novel

Exited to read the manga tho!

Thoughts of chapter 1 was mixed i think the artstyle is a bit '' Childish ''
Aug 8, 2018 1:54 AM

Dec 2015
I never thought I would read the Overlord manga, but I guess I was wrong...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 21, 4:21 PM

May 2018
You're berry, berry, like a berry
Mar 21, 4:21 PM

May 2018
Ureta akai tsubu no you ni

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Chapter 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

7 by red1130 »»
Apr 4, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Overlord Chapter 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2015

5 by red1130 »»
Apr 3, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Overlord Chapter 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

7 by red1130 »»
Mar 27, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Overlord Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

10 by red1130 »»
Mar 27, 8:13 AM

» New World

NTAD - Mar 25

2 by NTAD »»
Mar 25, 10:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.