Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 12, 2015 2:23 AM

Dec 2014
Not really but these days I'm rereading Tokyo Ghoul manga while listening to TG OST White Silence. Don't know why but that sad song really fits :D
Jan 12, 2015 2:29 AM

Jan 2013
Sometimes. If I listen to music while reading manga I usually can't focus on what I'm reading.
Jan 22, 2015 1:23 PM

May 2014
malvarez1 said:
I only listen to music when I read manga online.

Lol, i only read manga online.
Craftworld_MM said:
Not really but these days I'm rereading Tokyo Ghoul manga while listening to TG OST White Silence. Don't know why but that sad song really fits :D

Ya thats what I am talking about. If you find a song that fits a manga it makes the expeirence so much better and makes it more memorable. Even when you listen to the OSt again you'll remember the manga.

Yumiiro said:
Sometimes. If I listen to music while reading manga I usually can't focus on what I'm reading.

Are you listening to actual songs or OST. Because it might be different with OSTs. You get used to the music and it kind of just fades into the background while you get immersed in the manga but it still adds as a catalyst for emotion.
Feb 24, 2015 3:53 AM

Nov 2012
I sometimes read manga with music. If the mood of the pages or the song is no longer fitting I'll just change to the next song or stop the music player. Both instrumentals and songs with lyrics are fine, as I'm not paying much attention to the lyrics. Right now its Ed Sheeran for romance scenes and Meshuggah for action scenes
....of all the arts, for us the cinema is the most important.

-- Vladimir Lenin
Feb 25, 2015 7:40 PM

Feb 2015
Either that or I can read manga online and dual screen an anime that isn't very cerebral and I don't have to pay much attention to know what's going on etc.
Feb 25, 2015 10:57 PM

Jul 2014
Yea i blast music and read manga all the time. I really only put music that I think fits the mood though :P
Feb 26, 2015 1:51 PM

Jan 2014
How the hell can you listen to music and read at the same time, way too distracting
Feb 26, 2015 9:40 PM

May 2014
DoctorWasabi said:
How the hell can you listen to music and read at the same time, way too distracting

Lol it's not that hard. I listen to music when i study and do hw all the time.
Feb 26, 2015 9:44 PM

Nov 2013
I mostly listen to instrumental music while reading manga.
Feb 27, 2015 7:08 AM
Dec 2013
LAOG said:
I mostly listen to instrumental music while reading manga.

For that extra feeling;)
Nov 8, 2017 2:08 AM

Jun 2017
what kind of ost goes better with hentai manga and black clover manga(OTHER THAN THE ANIME'S OST)
"The cycle of life continues. They will live, they will die"
Nov 8, 2017 5:58 AM

Sep 2016
It's tough for me to concentrate on two things at once and I'm more of a reader so I always read manga without music.
Nov 9, 2017 12:53 AM

Aug 2015
I did that when I first read manga, or at least actually caught up with one.

That manga was Akame ga Kill btw.

Later, I started reading Berserk and I found myself being able to read and enjoy it without music

Basically if a manga is boring then either listen to music while reading it or just read better manga.
Nov 9, 2017 1:44 AM

Oct 2015
Inb4 posting on an old thread.

OT: I listen to music while reading the manga if only it adds more to the content. A friend told me to read Blame! listening to Dark Dystopia and man, it was intense. Then he also said to read Vinland Saga with Berserk's Forces.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Nov 9, 2017 3:04 AM

Nov 2017
Save for a few manga, it's never really been boring for me to read manga, but I usually play music if I'm reading on the subway, or my roommate's being loud etc.

I prefer using nice chill beats that drown out background noise and let you focus. So I don't need it, but it's always nice, and I'll have certain albums or kinds of beats that I like to play more when I'm reading certain manga over others.
Nov 9, 2017 10:21 AM
Mar 2017
I always do. Well, whenever possible at least.
Nov 9, 2017 11:23 AM

Aug 2015
I only read while listening to music every now and then. If the manga has an anime adaptation then I'll search for the soundtrack and listen to that although this only really works with slice of life series like Aria, Azumanga Daioh and Hidamari Sketch since the tone doesn't drastically change throughout. Sometimes I stick on an ambient mix if it fits the mood, like listening to an ambient space mix while reading sci-fi at night.
Nov 9, 2017 5:24 PM

Apr 2014
I get most of my manga reading done in the bath tub which requires no music, just slow running water. If I’m reading online I throw on some appropriate Spotify playlist that’s all instrumental or in languages I don’t understand on low.
Nov 10, 2017 7:25 AM

Aug 2016
I only listen to music if I don't care too much about the manga I'm reading, but if it's really good no way in hell I'm listening to music =p

Also when I first started reading manga I read Suicide Island while listening to music and now whenever I listen to Nevereverland or No Pain, no Game by Nano I can't help but think of it. For some reason I listened to those songs way more than every other one I had.
Nov 13, 2017 9:05 AM

Apr 2016
Music is good with everything!!!
I found a playlist on yt "Music that will you make you feel like a badass" that fits perfect to when you are reading a action/shounen manga..
The battles are way more intense
Nov 13, 2017 2:26 PM

Sep 2014
I used to listen to music when I was reading manga, because I think it's a pain when the song/OST that starts has a completely different mood than the scene I'm currently reading. But there are some occasions when I do listen to music while reading.
Nov 13, 2017 4:14 PM

May 2017
I used to do this a lot when I was younger. You are right, though; it does bring an enhanced experience when reading it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

379 by LyLord »»
3 hours ago

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

22 by Timeline_man »»
3 hours ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
Today, 1:00 AM

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

13 by bucciest »»
Yesterday, 11:27 PM

Poll: » What is your favorite shounen arc?

HM0710 - Sep 6, 2021

17 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.