Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 6, 2014 8:32 PM

Jul 2014
This is one of those times where they try and relate with the viewer as much as possible and I think they did a spectacular job. Everyone who has played MMO's at one point must have felt something akin to William's speech. If you didn't then you just didn't love the game enough, and that's not a problem.

5/5 Episode
750/750 Tears fully stacked
Dec 6, 2014 9:20 PM

Apr 2013
Nice speech by William (Master of NEETs) but it really could have been half as long. I got his point within the first 5 minutes. And obviously they're going to leave it at a cliffhanger on the reveal of what Shiroe is really after.
Dec 6, 2014 9:21 PM
Jun 2009
Damn!
I usually don't mind speeches at all, but this was way too long and boring..
20 minutes of one person speaking and repeating the same things over and over... 10 minutes would have been enough, if not still too much.
Dec 6, 2014 10:31 PM

Apr 2009
i dont know why this took a whole episode, william is interesting but he didnt need a whole episode dedicated to him
Dec 6, 2014 10:34 PM

Aug 2014
I want to see some action by the next episode I think we have already have enough speeches.
Dec 6, 2014 10:41 PM
Nov 2012
TheNaturalPerm said:
So Log Horizon now wants to tell us that being a hikikomori is ok and you should just play games in order to develop social skills?

The long self-justification for hikikomori was strange. Until now, it was more "this is the world we're stuck in and we have to deal with it." That's certainly what Shiroe seemed to be doing, trying to figure out how to live in and run this new world. Shiroe has people working on understanding the rules of the world, how they work, and how they can be changed or exploited. The Silver Sword guild is acting as if it's a game to be played, not their life.

(Suggested philosophical reading: The Glass Bead Game, by Hermann Hesse.)
Dec 6, 2014 10:43 PM
Nov 2012
Okashi_sama said:
The speech was so cringe worthy, and i'm a hardcore gamer.

If you really want to cringe, watch "Welcome to the N.H.K.", an anime designed to strike terror into the hearts of game addicts.
Dec 6, 2014 10:49 PM
Jul 2012
I love how the characters is foreshadowing based on their experiences in the past. I don't realize sadness in this episode. ;(
nepu nepu
Dec 6, 2014 10:59 PM

Mar 2008
Liked his back story but I was waiting for someone to holler out Fag the entire time. lmao
Dec 6, 2014 11:08 PM

Feb 2008
While I thought it was a good speech, it was pretty damn long. Was hoping for some action, but... another week to go I guess.
Dec 6, 2014 11:46 PM

Oct 2013
Such a tedious but necessary speech for William's character. Would like to see the raid finally wrapped up though, they need to address what happened to Crusty and try to get him back if possible.
Dec 7, 2014 12:21 AM

Dec 2014
"WE'RE GAMERS DAMMIT"
Dec 7, 2014 1:32 AM

May 2013
Nice speech, William, nice speech.
Your passion and the OST really helped everyone feel what you're feeling.
But you must use those feelings and make them into actions.
Shiroe has a plan and there's a 15% chance of success. Fight, gamers!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 7, 2014 2:37 AM

Sep 2012
While I liked LH a bit more than SAO I am liking SAOII more than LH2.
Dec 7, 2014 3:11 AM

Sep 2009
I also found the speech a bit boring. I understand it's aimed towards gamers (I'm a gamer too) but this just felt frustratingly long to me. I really want the overall plot to move a bit faster than it is now.
Dec 7, 2014 3:32 AM

May 2013
I'm a bit disappointed with S2 LH. 6/10 honestly. The whole Christmas thing moved WAY too slowly. Episode 3 is when they first showed this Raid Boss. It's now Episode 10, and we've seen only a few minutes of combat with it. Very frustrated at this snail-pace.

Gamer pandering was fine. At the beginning of the episode I was stoked to see the beginning of the Raid Boss Battle, and during the OP I paused and said to my roommate, "It's been seven episodes without any progression. I swear to God if it takes longer than 5 minutes to psyche themselves back up, I'm gonna [insert any promised phrase that's never intended to be kept]. And, if they end the episode ABOUT to enter the battle, I'll hate this show."

Sure enough, my roommate had no clue what I was talking about, but he saw me freaking out and said, "cliffhanger before the battle, huh?"
Dec 7, 2014 4:27 AM

Nov 2013
Wow,that was one hell of a speech lol :))) I took longer than i expected haha~

I can sympathize with that guy though,and i thought that the speech was really cool!
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Dec 7, 2014 4:37 AM

Apr 2014
A lot better than the recent few episodes.
Dec 7, 2014 5:18 AM

May 2014
So much talking doe xD
I actually want to know Shiroe's reasons.. idk if the show already talked about it before and I just forgot but oh well.
I want to see Akatsuki soon :D
Dec 7, 2014 5:20 AM
May 2013
I know that this episode takes a whole lot of that speech but you've got to remember that:
1. There's not enough material
2. This is a 25 episode anime thus if they make that a half or even less than a half episode speech, what would they show us next because I'm pretty sure that it will catch up to the latest volume of a currently running LN
3. This is meant for gamers, admit it or not those 0 and 1data are nothing to a someone but it does a lot to those gamers who found their happiness and meet new friends because of that
4. This is not promoting hikki at all, GAMERS and I mean GAMERS sure do know what William was pointing and what trying to convey, you don't know a feeling of having no talent, no specialty, feeling down in this world at all, not all people are gifted with those looks and talents you have in this judgmental world, if those GAMES doesn't exist the suicide rate will be so high in this world for the reason that those GAMERS will not find anything worth it in this world to release their stress and found happiness. I did not mean in a way that's being a hikki, to make things clear Willaim clearly said, "I'm studying for games" which we can interpret it's one of his motivation why he is studying, so where's being a hikki in that one?
5. There's an anime that's bound to finish by next week which did an anime original ending and a lot of people are raging because of that, so you also want a less speech, faster pacing and yet original anime ending?
6. Not relevant, there's an anime episode also that aired this week that eats up the whole time of the entire show with those background story that has been repeated ever since that anime started and yet they repeat it again and I can't see anything complaining on that. In the contrary they are even praising that slow pacing that has been repeated again with just additional info.
LiesianthesDec 7, 2014 5:23 AM
Dec 7, 2014 5:25 AM

Apr 2013
Zzz...this episode might as well be a drama episode. I don't even have to watch, just listen.
Dec 7, 2014 5:37 AM

Nov 2011
This episode will only appear good to people who actually PLAY games, or have played games. I see many positive and negative comments as a result. Anime watchers probably got bored to death, but myself as a player who has been through similar hardships can say it was a fantastic episode. One of the best.
i love tirru

Jul 2013
Dem feels! Seriously love William now, his speech was just brilliant. Love the build up for next week

Apr 2011
Too long, but it was a good speech. One thing I can agree is no matter, what people say that games are useless and a waste of time, I will still play. Because I'm a gamer, I love playing games.

Next episode we'll back with more action now. Hopefully, Shiroe reveals his objectives and goals, and defeat the three bosses. It'll be epic if they defeat all of them.
Dec 7, 2014 5:42 AM

Apr 2014
Liesianthes said:
I know that this episode takes a whole lot of that speech but you've got to remember that:
1. There's not enough material
2. This is a 25 episode anime thus if they make that a half or even less than a half episode speech, what would they show us next because I'm pretty sure that it will catch up to the latest volume of a currently running LN
3. This is meant for gamers, admit it or not those 0 and 1data are nothing to a someone but it does a lot to those gamers who found their happiness and meet new friends because of that
4. This is not promoting hikki at all, GAMERS and I mean GAMERS sure do know what William was pointing and what trying to convey, you don't know a feeling of having no talent, no specialty, feeling down in this world at all, not all people are gifted with those looks and talents you have in this judgmental world, if those GAMES doesn't exist the suicide rate will be so high in this world for the reason that those GAMERS will not find anything worth it in this world to release their stress and found happiness. I did not mean in a way that's being a hikki, to make things clear Willaim clearly said, "I'm studying for games" which we can interpret it's one of his motivation why he is studying, so where's being a hikki in that one?
5. There's an anime that's bound to finish by next week which did an anime original ending and a lot of people are raging because of that, so you also want a less speech, faster pacing and yet original anime ending?
6. Not relevant, there's an anime episode also that aired this week that eats up the whole time of the entire show with those background story that has been repeated ever since that anime started and yet they repeat it again and I can't see anything complaining on that. In the contrary they are even praising that slow pacing that has been repeated again with just additional info.

Let it go because its impossible to please some of the ignorants on MAL and its not like their baseless criticism will affect the anime anyway.
Dec 7, 2014 5:46 AM

Dec 2013
Okay, one long motivational speech from the Guild Master, whilst waiting for Shiroe to revive himself.

One issue I have with all this, what exactly is the purpose of beating that raid anyway? I mean, he said he'd tell everyone, and then suddenly we had a 1 week time-skip where they finished getting everything ready to try the raid one final time?

Someone in the know please explain.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 7, 2014 6:08 AM

Sep 2014
That was actually a legitimately great episode. William's speech was really really good!
And best of all, it did its purpose, which was to excite us more for next week's episode, which I think will be the best episode of this season, so far.
Dec 7, 2014 6:36 AM

May 2012
William's speech... It's like Nakamura Yuuichi's really saying it from the bottom of his heart since he's also a gamer :))
Dec 7, 2014 6:48 AM

Jan 2012
Holy shit, that speech...I felt identified with some parts of it. Really good.
Dec 7, 2014 10:02 AM

Jan 2014
Hmm, a divisive episode it seems. Since I like video games way more than I like anime, I ended up liking this episode a lot more than the previous ones this season. Not that it takes much to be better than "I gotta be stronger for muh husbando". Now hopefully the show will be more focused on the game and world-building than the half-assed development of uninteresting characters.

Also what's with the complaining of too much talking? Have we already forgotten what series this is?
Dec 7, 2014 10:41 AM

Feb 2014
Well, i didn't like this part in the LN as well. I understand why it was needed though, it's just too long and the way he just circle around with the talking. But next episode should be better.
Dec 7, 2014 6:35 PM

Oct 2011
William touched my soul and heart with that speech T_____T
Dec 7, 2014 6:37 PM
Apr 2011
Worst episode of the year! Good job Log Horizon season 2! You managed to create an episode so boring and frustrating to watch, it tops every other crap episode from every anime I've seen this year!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2014 6:41 PM

Jun 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
Okay, one long motivational speech from the Guild Master, whilst waiting for Shiroe to revive himself.

One issue I have with all this, what exactly is the purpose of beating that raid anyway? I mean, he said he'd tell everyone, and then suddenly we had a 1 week time-skip where they finished getting everything ready to try the raid one final time?

Someone in the know please explain.

Shiroe's objective will be revealed in due time, most likely in episode 12.
Dec 7, 2014 6:52 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty awesome speech, although in my experience it usually takes 200+ wipes on the final boss before something like that comes out. I guess being trapped in a game would make one quite a bit emotional.
Dec 7, 2014 8:27 PM

Dec 2013
By far, the best episode, That speech, just wow...
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 7, 2014 9:21 PM

Jan 2011
20min hype speech as a big MMO player William has my respect but damn dude could of at least tried to shorten that a bit lol
Dec 7, 2014 9:33 PM

Oct 2010
I actually really loved his speech.

Sure it went on for a damn long time but anyone that's put a significant amount of time into a game has at some stage had similar thoughts.
SimmianPrimeDec 7, 2014 9:42 PM
Dec 7, 2014 9:42 PM

Feb 2008
TBH I had wanted more action during this episode, but It wasn't that bad.

Thumb up to William for that great speech and let's hope to see Shiroe plan and more fighting next week xD

Dec 7, 2014 10:16 PM

Dec 2013
Purposely elaborated speech to drag time. that is what this episode is about.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Dec 8, 2014 1:18 AM

Jun 2009
Holy shit dude, you only wiped once. Fucking relax rofl. And to that fucker in the background that said something like "...a PC game in this day and age? aren't mobile games enough?" fuck you, you goddam retard.
Dec 8, 2014 1:25 AM

Sep 2010
L-Ryoshi said:

If Shiroe revealed his reasons for wanting 80 trillion gold in this episode, it would encroach over William's speech to pull his guild's morale back up. I'm guessing that would be bad scripting, to stuff two unrelated, important reveals into one episode.

SimmianPrime said:
I actually really loved his speech.

Sure it went on for a damn long time but anyone that's put a significant amount of time into a game has at some stage had similar thoughts.

I'm glad that it seems nothing remotely important was cut (I haven't read the LN, so I can't be sure) when adapting this chapter into anime, even if it meant making most of the episode a monologue. ^^ Some previous threads hint that some background story for Nureha and Akatsuki is skipped in the anime, which can be a little disappointing when you find out about it.
Dec 8, 2014 3:08 AM

Oct 2013
when well shiroe and his guild fucking get out of that dungeon?
to find out. tune in in ten eps.............
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 8, 2014 3:33 AM

Sep 2014
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a GAMER, i felt every word he said!!! i felt it!!!!

Seriously, one of the best episodes ive ever watched.

The feels!! The goosebumps!!!! The tears!!!!!!!!!! Felt soooooooooo damn good!!!!!
Dec 8, 2014 5:04 AM

Oct 2013
Worst episode by far. How can anyone like this speech especially as a gamer? It was 10 minutes of blatend pandering to us gamers, that's it. Are people this starved for compliments? Do people need to hear that they are special little snowflakes this badly? This 10min or so speech can be summarized exactly like this:"Society may look down on you for being a gamer, but you love it so it's a great thing."

In and on itself not a bad message, but if it's repeated over and over and over again it looses all meaning.
If the speech was 2 min long + the backstory part it would have been fine, maybe even really good but the way it was delivered was horrible. It was the equivalent of someone creeping up on you, starting to massage your back and telling you how missunderstood and awesome you are.

The little bits about being overly excited about loot, getting along with people online better than with people irl and even being happy about getting "trapped" into a game world were really nice and gave me a chuckle because they hit home, but the rest was just pathetic pandering to us gamers and I actually feel a little insulted because of it. No one has to tell me that my hobby is great and fun over and over again like this, I know it is that's why I am a gamer but apparentlly whoever was responsible for this episode thought that we are a weak minded bunch who need constant pampering... and looking at some comments here they might have been right which makes me a little sad...
Dec 8, 2014 5:59 PM

Jun 2014
1 whole episode of crappy nerd speech
Dec 8, 2014 6:27 PM
Jun 2011
This was definitely one of the shows patented "dear God nothing happens" episodes, but those, in their own right are productive. This one gave us a detailed look at Silver Sword and William's motivations and past and was nice and insightful.
/a/ probably already tore em a new one for it too.
A shame, cause I like the pace. It's not as hectic as SAO and not as stagnant as .Hack, it could be a bit quicker at times, but I think it's worth sitting back and doing this every once in a while.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Dec 8, 2014 7:27 PM

Jan 2011
I found that one hell of a speech and I go back to the days of ftf D&D marathons. For those who decry gaming and suggest that it is just 1s and 0s changing on a server somewhere: your so-called reality consists of positive and negative charges whirling around each other in the infinite nothingness of space. If you consider your life from the point of view of geologic time everything that you do is just as meaningless. Gamers have made a choice about what is important to them and how to live their lives, can you say the same?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 9, 2014 12:55 AM

Jan 2014
Too much talk. Its a homage for all gamers, shut-in,etc.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Dec 9, 2014 4:54 AM

Sep 2013
this author know his shit about being gamer. holy shit best episode so far...
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

155 by Syrass »»
Feb 12, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

225 by SOLDRAKE »»
Feb 5, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

147 by Overblown »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

161 by Anachrome »»
Sep 1, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

162 by l9kyubyu »»
Aug 12, 2023 7:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.