Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2014 12:49 PM

Mar 2013
So that's, what, at least 2 pages that consists almost entirely of people ripping apart one post? There's a witch hunt going on and nobody reminded me to bring my torch and pitchfork.

You'd get a less impassioned response if you posted "you're all a bunch of quacks who don't understand thermodynamics" in a perpetual energy forum.
Nov 29, 2014 12:50 PM

Apr 2010
Ketuekigami said:
Drake1000 said:

Can you be anymore wrong than this?

He already was in calling the anime a harem, when there are basically only 2 girls that like him. And one of them doesn't get screen time this route.

Ayako, Saber, Sakura, Rin, Illya, Taiga, Issei. Harem anime is harem.
Nov 29, 2014 12:51 PM

Dec 2007
fst said:
So that's, what, at least 2 pages that consists almost entirely of people ripping apart one post? There's a witch hunt going on and nobody reminded me to bring my torch and pitchfork.

You'd get a less impassioned response if you posted "you're all a bunch of quacks who don't understand thermodynamics" in a perpetual energy forum.

To be fair it's the one flaw of a forum. A bunch of people have the answer and want to respond, but there's no way to respond in an orderly fashion.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2014 12:52 PM

Jun 2014
Shirou definitely has a harem

Nov 2013
fst said:

It's because you need to refresh the page to see new posts.

That, or people want to raise their post count.

Aug 2009
antonn said:
Ketuekigami said:

He already was in calling the anime a harem, when there are basically only 2 girls that like him. And one of them doesn't get screen time this route.

Forgot Caster and Rider.They got really close to Shirou so add them as well.
Nov 29, 2014 12:54 PM
Aug 2012
FakePriest said:
antonn said:

How about we combine all 3 routes and add everyone? Then add the girls from FHA too.......

Nov 29, 2014 12:55 PM

Dec 2007
FakePriest said:
antonn said:

I know right, if the MC knows multiple girls the anime is a harem anime. We need to add the Track and Field trio also.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 2013
BloodRequiem said:
InsertPriestHere said:

>Everyone agrees
>F/SN ranked higher than F/Z
U mad?

SAO had a high rating when it aired too.

No Game No Life had a higher rating than now as well. We should wait until F/SN finish airing.

Jul 2007
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
FakePriest said:

How about we combine all 3 routes and add everyone? Then add the girls from FHA too.......

Shirou looked at two girls w while walking down the hallway with RIn this episode.

OMG TOTALLY A HAREM.
Nov 2014
ZeroDragon said:
r3birth said:
´

Dumb choices - So many from the beginning of the show, like Shirou trying to fight a Servant alone, or going about is life as if his life is not in danger, putting himself in harm's way instead of being calculating, etc.

Fanservice - Notice I've written "a bit of fan-service", not flat-out fan-service. This englobes the gratuitous ass-shots of both Rider and Rin.

Harem undertones - the teacher, sakura, rin and saber, all hanging around him. So cringy, sakura always doing the senpai thing, rin always doing the tsundere thing, even saber acted tsundere this episode.

Agreed as well. Shirou was an idiot thinking he could take on a servant alone. It wasn't like that servant would have continued nearly killing other people without someone to intervene in any way they could. You're right that keeps going about his life as if there was no danger.

F/Z spoiler

Fundamentally insane is what Shirou is.
Nov 29, 2014 12:56 PM

Sep 2013
fst said:

A few people responded at around the same time, it simply happens when someone is writing nonsense. Comparing it with a witch hunt is dumb.
Nov 29, 2014 12:56 PM

Nov 2012
Ketuekigami said:
Drake1000 said:

Can you be anymore wrong than this?

Harem undertones =/= harem. Thanks for sensationalizing in a clickbaiting fashion
JorgeVdBNov 29, 2014 1:07 PM
I dislike cuteness, moe, lolis, romance, romantic comedies, slice of life, ecchi, harem, waifus and fan-service.
Nov 29, 2014 12:57 PM

Sep 2014
OMG, add his girls from Prillya as well~~!!!
The sun is a deadly laser
Nov 29, 2014 12:58 PM

Jul 2007
mirakura said:
OMG, add his girls from Prillya as well~~!!!

And apocrypha

beacuse

IT HAS TO COUNT RIGHT?
Nov 29, 2014 12:59 PM

Nov 2012
InsertPriestHere said:
r3birth said:

It would be logical to either go with Rin and support her, seeing as how she's the more experienced mage, or run away with Rin, since he's completely exposed running towards a hidden Servant. But then again the writing isn't Stay Night forte. Shirou vs Lancer - he was just running around... Shirou vs Rider - charging forward alone against an unknown enemy.

Yeah, just leave that girl to die.
Or turn their back on a servant and get killed instantly.
Writing isn't Stay Night's forte? Pls.
Shirou vs Lancer? No, really, you expect him to beat Lancer? And he did more than run around; he deflected two of Lancers attacks and blocked his third with an improvised shield.
Shirou Vs Rider: Only option. Can't turn his back, and standing there would allow her to snipe them from afar, which is even worse. And trying to use his command spell would have gotten him killed, as I said before.

I didn't expect him to beat Lancer, of course not that's ridiculous, but that one fight he would eventually die had Saber not appeared. Why would using a command seal have gotten him killed?
I dislike cuteness, moe, lolis, romance, romantic comedies, slice of life, ecchi, harem, waifus and fan-service.
Nov 29, 2014 12:59 PM

Dec 2013
RIP sexy girl.

And to think I have to wait eternally for HF movie to come out before dem secondaries can stfu about how she's so weak compared to Iskander.
Nov 29, 2014 1:00 PM

Jul 2007
Moekou said:
Upon rewatch I realized Rin was stepping on Shinji's dick!

explains his facial expressions lul.
TyrelNov 29, 2014 6:34 PM
Nov 29, 2014 1:01 PM

Nov 2014
Moekou said:

that explains his face
TyrelNov 29, 2014 6:33 PM
Nov 29, 2014 1:01 PM

Apr 2007
The monologues is one thing about Shiro that annoyed me the most (mostly in the Fate route, but anyway) it's starting to bother me how much they're cutting out. While in animated format it's much easier to understand what a character is thinking from their expressions and tone, not hearing any inner thoughts is....so empty.

The scene where Rin wait waiting in the hallway though, I remember reading that in the VN like it was yesterday :3

antonn said:
Shitji/5

Ah it's always so fun to watch him squirm~
Nov 29, 2014 1:02 PM

Sep 2014
Moekou said:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

OMG, leave da hair, kill anything but da hair! DAT HAIR IS PERFECTION *u*

Nov 2014
r3birth said:
InsertPriestHere said:

Shirou vs Lancer? No, really, you expect him to beat Lancer? And he did more than run around; he deflected two of Lancers attacks and blocked his third with an improvised shield.
Shirou Vs Rider: Only option. Can't turn his back, and standing there would allow her to snipe them from afar, which is even worse. And trying to use his command spell would have gotten him killed, as I said before.

I didn't expect him to beat Lancer, of course not that's ridiculous, but that one fight he would eventually die had Saber not appeared. Why would using a command seal have gotten him killed?

read the VN and when u get to that point, try to use a command spell in Rider vs Shirou fight, u will see why using it would have gotten him killed

Aug 2009
r3birth said:
InsertPriestHere said:

So he isnt calculating,although he did very well staying alive til that part,because he cant match up to a Servant?Logic 404.

Because Rider was testing him.
Nov 29, 2014 1:03 PM

Nov 2012
[quote=mirakura]
r3birth said:
FakePriest said:
You mean Rider?So it would be logical to stay there with Rin and the girl and get snipped by her?He survived 3 fights(if you call the one with Archer a fight) with Servants and one with Rin due to using the environment and what he could as a weapon.Is that supposed to be luck for you?

Ass shots....Yeah I fap to those all day.....dude seriously?

Harem:try harder.If you dont know what harem means then dont use the word.

It would be logical to either go with Rin and support her, seeing as how she's the more experienced mage, or run away with Rin, since he's completely exposed running towards a hidden Servant. But then again the writing isn't Stay Night forte. Shirou vs Lancer - he was just running around... Shirou vs Rider - charging forward alone against an unknown enemy.

It LOOKED like that, but really, he was thinking. Hence why most of the VN readers are complaining for the lack of monologues. In the VN, we know what's happening, and that he's calculating what he does.

------r3birth (somehow i screwed the format)
It looked like he was just running around and got lucky, I mean, he had no idea that Saber was going to appear. In the VN he's thinking during his fight against Lancer? Inner monologues sure would make this way better then. I haven't read any VNs
JorgeVdBNov 29, 2014 1:12 PM
Nov 29, 2014 1:04 PM
Nov 2014
InsertPriestHere said:
r3birth said:

I didn't expect him to beat Lancer, of course not that's ridiculous, but that one fight he would eventually die had Saber not appeared. Why would using a command seal have gotten him killed?[/quote]

Rider was goading him into using a command spell that's why he could fight evenly with him and why she comments that he's brave. It's a Vn with multiple paths if you can choose to use the Command spell she releases her trap and you die.
Nov 29, 2014 1:04 PM

Dec 2007
r3birth said:
Ketuekigami said:

Harem undertones == harem. Thanks for sensationalizing in a clickbaiting fashion
You posted about 3 girls and if you had any sense of the characters you would know Saber isn't a part of his 'harem' in this route
. And Sakura is the way she is but she is not even a romantic interest in this route, that makes 1 girl. Or are you gonna say that if 2 or more girls like the MC it has harem undertones?

Though seeing as to what you changed your signature to your either trolling or a kid who cant take any criticism and immediately blames the fans. So you wont change your mind no matter what.
KetuekigamiNov 29, 2014 1:07 PM
Nov 29, 2014 1:06 PM

Aug 2009
r3birth said:

It looked like he was just running around and got lucky, I mean, he had no idea that Saber was going to appear. In the VN he's thinking during his fight against Lancer? Inner monologues sure would make this way better then. I haven't read any VNs
Are you seriously ignoring his use of reinforcement magecraft and his successful parrying and blocking moves?Pitiful.
He had no idea about Saber in the VN as well.That doesnt change the fat that he didnt die from 3 supposedly fatal attacks.

Somehow it looks like an alt account of a VN reader that wants to go on a rant about the lack of monologues.
Nov 29, 2014 1:09 PM

Sep 2013
Of course he was quick-thinking in his fight against Lancer. He blocked a few strikes and the paper shield was a clever idea. You don't need inner monologues to see that Shirou is competent in fights, otherwise you are just blind and ignorant.

And this

I hate dumb/angsty young characters, cuteness, moe, lolis, romance, romantic comedies, slice of life, ecchi, harem, waifus and fan-service.
Fate/Zero >>> Fate/Stay Night UBW (too overhype, horrible characters (rin and shirou))

applies to FZ as well, so stop being an ignorant hypocrite.

Nov 2012
DaveSama said:
r3birth said:

read the VN and when u get to that point, try to use a command spell in Rider vs Shirou fight, u will see why using it would have gotten him killed

I don't play VNs, I don't think they cater to my tastes.

Apr 2014
Analysis that pieces together Rider's intentions across UBW and HF, but it's VN and HF spoilers:

Nov 29, 2014 1:10 PM

Nov 2012
FakePriest said:
r3birth said:

So he isnt calculating,although he did very well staying alive til that part,because he cant match up to a Servant?Logic 404.

Because Rider was testing him.

Plot Armor 101. Why test your enemy when you could plainly kill him? Is Rider that weak?
Nov 29, 2014 1:11 PM

Dec 2013
Rin is starting to get really annoying with that tsundere act of hers. And I thought she is the best girl...

Also not liking the fact that there are 4 masters in the same school, I mean what a coincidence! I thought this Holy Grail War was supposed to be more vast and the masters could be from all around the world ( at least from whole Japan ).

This series' cast needs some adults right away, though it is probably just me, since I liked F/Z a lot because of mainly adult cast and this... is really not it.

Kinda starting to get disappointed by it. Still good tho. But I was expecting something else.
Nov 29, 2014 1:13 PM

Aug 2008
Rider is not that weak... It's just that Shinji is a useless piece of shit when it comes to being a master.

Anyway, good episode, although I felt like the art was a little weird here and there. Otherwise, this is where the plot starts to thicken!

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 29, 2014 1:13 PM

Dec 2007
r3birth said:

Plot Armor 101. Why test your enemy when you could plainly kill him? Is Rider that weak?

Do you want the entire thing spoiled for you? Because we are 1/3 into this anime with another piece of supplemental material to come later but you want everything to be transparent. We can all 100% explain why Rider didn't kill him and we have done that in another forum.
Nov 29, 2014 1:15 PM

Nov 2012
FakePriest said:
r3birth said:

Are you seriously ignoring his use of reinforcement magecraft and his successful parrying and blocking moves?Pitiful.
He had no idea about Saber in the VN as well.That doesnt change the fat that he didnt die from 3 supposedly fatal attacks.

Somehow it looks like an alt account of a VN reader that wants to go on a rant about the lack of monologues.

He did manage with skill to survive against Lancer alone, that wasn't dumb on his part or anything, and here's the part where he was lucky, Saber appeared, had she not, he would die.
Nov 29, 2014 1:16 PM

Aug 2009
robis798 said:

Also not liking the fact that there are 4 masters in the same school, I mean what a coincidence! I thought this Holy Grail War was supposed to be more vast and the masters could be from all around the world ( at least from whole Japan ).
There is a reason for all of this, they didnt just happen to be Mastrs.Well the 4th one at least.The other 3 would be from the school no matter what.
Nov 29, 2014 1:17 PM

Nov 2012
FakePriest said:
r3birth said:

I've never read the VN, and inner monologues aren't exclusive to the Fate franchise. Inner monologues like in Hunter x Hunter and Death Note are freaking awesome
Nov 29, 2014 1:18 PM

Mar 2013
r3birth said:

Well, as long as you're not implying F/Z doesn't have any plot armor...
Nov 29, 2014 1:20 PM

Nov 2013
Regarding Rider, she not only has a terrible Master, but as pointed out earlier she responded to Shirou and talked to him (and called her master a coward), but in this episode, she didn't seem like she gives a shit about Shinji. (Basically she gave enough shits about an enemy Master to respond to him, but she doesn't give her own Master that much attention). It's possible that she wasn't even trying her best, because she doesn't care about her shit Master.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
TyrelNov 29, 2014 6:30 PM

Dec 2013
Didnt expect Rider to b taken out so quickly and we didn't even see it!
Apr 2014
robis798 said:
Rin is starting to get really annoying with that tsundere act of hers. And I thought she is the best girl...

This series' cast needs some adults right away, though it is probably just me, since I liked F/Z a lot because of mainly adult cast and this... is really not it.

Kinda starting to get disappointed by it. Still good tho. But I was expecting something else.

What a coincidence the 3 magus families that own the Grail have kids !
Nov 29, 2014 1:21 PM

Mar 2013
robis798 said:

Does it really matter? I mean, they all pretty much have to be in the same town anyways...

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
TyrelNov 29, 2014 6:30 PM
Nov 29, 2014 1:24 PM

Nov 2013
Drake1000 said:
robis798 said:

Yeah I mean, especially when this is just 10 years after previous disaster.
Nov 29, 2014 1:26 PM

Dec 2007
BotatoPriest said:
Drake1000 said:

Yeah I mean, especially when this is just 10 years after previous disaster.

And the one before was 50. But I guess anyone can prepare from a far away country with that margin of error though.
Nov 29, 2014 1:31 PM
Nov 2013
Great episode! Beginning was slow but the second half was action packed and beautiful. Saber was very bad ass fighting the familiars, and Shirou is becoming useful? Rin was a bit more tsundere than usual but the right amount of it which is perfect. Shinji is a piece of shit, can't believe he was that useless and let Rider die like that. R.I.P Rider, now Caster has proved to be a formidable opponent.
Nov 29, 2014 1:31 PM

Dec 2013
fst said:
robis798 said:

Does it really matter? I mean, they all pretty much have to be in the same town anyways...

Yes, it matters to me. I know that there is explanation to every single possible thing in Fate franchise, but I just don't like this particular thing.

This episode Rin annoyed me the most.
Nov 29, 2014 1:40 PM

Aug 2013
Another excellent episode, this season has several great anime, but Fate is above average in this season

Great battles and a good mystery presented, a great action of Rin and Shirou in this episode too, Saber jealous of Shirou use the Archer techniques, well this is how things should be

I'm excited with each episode of this anime ..
Nov 29, 2014 1:41 PM

Sep 2013
y123y said:
robis798 said:

Haha. thats true. As far as I can rember, every master so far is a student. What a coincidence
Ilya is not a student. Neither is Caster.
Nov 29, 2014 1:44 PM

Sep 2014
r3birth said:
He did manage with skill to survive against Lancer alone, that wasn't dumb on his part or anything, and here's the part where he was lucky, Saber appeared, had she not, he would die.

He wasn't lucky. Read between the lines. If you've watched/read Zero, you would know why that magic circle was there, and why Saber didn't need a summoning chant. The only instance he was 'lucky' was being the only one to be saved in the fire =3
Nov 29, 2014 1:44 PM

May 2013
Wow this episode was pretty dumb.

First of all, no magical bullet shooter... Okay. But then, no both-speaking-over-eachother scene on the rooftop. Really lacked impact! Then, no Rin ":O" scene after Shirou saves him from attacking golems - Actually that part was totally botched AND Shirou was using a broom instead of dual wielding desk legs??? Sakura randomly?! WTF

So bad.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.