Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

[SPOILERS] What do you think that people will complain about the most this season? [SPOILERS]

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 5, 2015 8:27 PM

May 2014
xRaTiOnX said:
I just complain about Old Joseph not able to do the impossible asspulls he did in battle tendency I guess, I haven't read the rest of part 3 or any others so who knows, there might be atleast one Joseph trick again to see.
But that is a small complain, Joseph has a great role in this part too, in a different way, more of a guide/manager and still entertainer I guess? Like he knows all way around and manages to acquire the necessary information/transportation for their way to Cairo. I do still enjoy Joseph.

One other thing that i know from spoiling myself a bit, DIO has no eye lasers or frozen powers, but I like to think that his freezing power is more related to his old body? Not sure about lasers since he still could fire them at Jonathan as a head, but think about this, instead of freezing bodies by touch, he can freeze time instead. Btw if he could freeze time and fire lasers now that would be overkill, I can't really imagine someone winning agaisn't him if he just freezes time and fire lasers at vital points of someone in frozen time, wouldn't it be instakill?(please no mentioning characters from later parts)

Joseph does a lot of stuff in this part of the arc.
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Feb 6, 2015 10:23 AM

Jul 2014
Akabawi said:
GeassNote said:

Maybe David Pro add game rule "You can't use your ripple" or something like that
Wait how can they use the ripple in that , Isn't that obvious cheating ?

Yeah, the Ripple gives a huge yellow glow whenever it's used.
Feb 7, 2015 6:31 AM

Mar 2012
Akabawi said:
Mikasa said:

I really don't care about how you feel about HxH. If people are petty enough to dislike a show because someone who likes it happens to discuss your show, that's not my problem. Why do people feel the need to tell me what they think about some other series?

And I've already dropped it. This is not "complaining", I'm not asking for the show to change, I've already deemed it uninteresting and won't watch the rest. This is just one discussion that's happening and I'm taking part in it because it is still ongoing and it involves me.

You need to think rationally, I'd say.
Also, I didn't "look up stuff from the wiki" to complain about them.
1) I used to complain about the show, dropped it because it wasn't smart enough
2) People told me it gets better
3) As benefit of the doubt I check if it gets smart in the end by checking the wiki because it's too uninteresting to sit through
4) Decided against taking their advice

Thats pretty much it.

I am pretty sure people don't care either if you don't like JJBA ?

And actually the show is smart , because it makes those bad tropes work to its favor .

Also I don't hate HxH of course , and everyone gets inspired from something which isn't a measure of good or bad.

Also Kellhus last statement is right.

They do, they have, and fairly, they should, that's what discussions are for.

You're missing the point which is that you brought up HxH for some petty "threats", "if you don't stop talking I'll hate your favorite series"

Kellhus said:
Mikasa said:
Kinda on my phone so too lazy to type the bbcode, will try tomorrow, but how is what I said vague, I'm talking about the general idea sure, but thats the point. I'm not the first to even point it out, Recently stands have been more condition oriented. Right?

"More condition based" is a vague idea, and you don't give any examples between the two series to support your claim that Araki was inspired by Togashi's work.

Also stands started getting more "conditioned based" as you put it at the end of part 3, and then even more in part 4. Both of which were completed before Hunter x Hunter even existed. Part 5 was completed shortly after Hunter x Hunter began, so that's pretty much not eligible for comparison either. Being that your list shows you haven't read any Jojo manga at all, let alone parts 6-8, I'm pretty confused about why you would even be making claims about parallels between the two in the first place.

Crazy Diamond and Sticky Fingers for example, they offer straightforward powers similar to Devil Fruits, they might be "weird" or "random" but not complex.Stone Ocean stands seem to have developed some basic conditions, alongside Greed Island which showcased conditions at its peak at the time.

Spins are a concept similar to aspects of the left side of the Hatsu penta/hexagram, namely Enh. an Man.
End Zionazism
Feb 7, 2015 9:20 AM

Jul 2011
Mikasa said:
Crazy Diamond and Sticky Fingers for example, they offer straightforward powers similar to Devil Fruits, they might be "weird" or "random" but not complex.Stone Ocean stands seem to have developed some basic conditions, alongside Greed Island which showcased conditions at its peak at the time.

Spins are a concept similar to aspects of the left side of the Hatsu penta/hexagram, namely Enh. an Man.

The fact that Crazy Diamond and Sticky Fingers are from Jojo arcs that began before One Piece existed aside, what does that have to do with HxH or Togashi? And as I already stated, condition based stands (or complex, as it seems you are using the terms interchangeably) were introduced in the series way before Stone Ocean (or the existence of HxH). Overall I'd argue that stands from Vento Aureo in general are more complex than in Stone Ocean anyway. Furthermore, Stone Ocean was almost done by the time Greed Island even started publication, so the likelihood of Greed Island having any impact on it is almost zero.

As for the Nen pentagram comparison, all those principals are generic powers that have been around since forever. What makes Nen compelling is the blending of them into an intricate and grounded power system that is handled with a surprising degree of poignancy and attention to detail (at least before CA). This opens up the doors for a power system where characters don't have abilities "just because", which is one of the major strengths of HxH. The individual abilities, enhancing, conjuring, manipulating, emitting, etc, however, are basic concepts. To imply that a guy throwing a spinning steel ball at someone must be an idea taken from Nen is silly. The steel balls are also a pretty obvious throwback to Hamon, if not Joseph's weapon from Battle Tendency as well.
KellhusFeb 7, 2015 9:24 AM
Feb 7, 2015 9:55 AM

Mar 2012
1. I wasn't saying they were taken from One Piece, just pointing out the similarities that both are random but simple.

2. Incorrect, GI ran alongside Stone Ocean and ended only a few months after.

3. Don't think so, I already looked at a handful of Vento stands, none of them strike me as well-thought or non-linear.

4. Actually, even as individual concepts, the Hatsu categories aren't just the same as the principles you speak of. Emission itself is a system of its own , and its placement within the chart between say Enh. and Mani. Is consistent with the common denominators of its and their powers.

5.I'm saying Jojo developed to be a bit more like certain aspects of Nen, after Nen was introduced. What else is that overall the battle anime and manga, many have started to adopt norms original to HxH, which is why it's safe to assume that they're the source of inspiration.
End Zionazism
Feb 7, 2015 10:23 AM

Feb 2013
Mikasa said:
1. I wasn't saying they were taken from One Piece, just pointing out the similarities that both are random but simple.

3. Don't think so, I already looked at a handful of Vento stands, none of them strike me as well-thought or non-linear.

4. Actually, even as individual concepts, the Hatsu categories aren't just the same as the principles you speak of. Emission itself is a system of its own , and its placement within the chart between say Enh. and Mani. Is consistent with the common denominators of its and their powers.

5.I'm saying Jojo developed to be a bit more like certain aspects of Nen, after Nen was introduced. What else is that overall the battle anime and manga, many have started to adopt norms original to HxH, which is why it's safe to assume that they're the source of inspiration.

I prefer to think that Araki had simply used up all of his simpler abilities during Stardust Crusaders and had to think outside the box to keep things going. It certainly makes more sense to assume inspiration was taken from a particular source when in fact it could come from anywhere
Feb 7, 2015 10:42 AM

Jul 2011
Mikasa said:

Stone Ocean started well before GI, and as I already said three times now there are more complex stands in part 5, and even part 4. If anything they are toned down from part 5 because things got too confusing. But what's truly confusing about your wanting to cling to GI here is that there is really nothing complex in GI anyway. Most of the "new" powers are reused from other things. Killua's yoyos are from Rinko in YYH, Bomber's abilities are from Karasu in YYH, Gon's janken is a reference to DB, etc. The draw for that arc is the video game aspect, not complex Nen abilities.

Being that you haven't actually read Jojo and seem to be talking about wiki entires, honestly these two statements hold very little weight as you don't know what you are talking about on a first hand basis. The only examples you've cited for yourself as "being like certain aspects of Nen" are either petty or existed before HxH.

The "I already looked at a handful of Vento stands" statement pretty much sums up how ill-informed you are about this whole thing. You are literally claiming that because you read about "a handful" of things on a wiki page, you are able to form a coherent opinion about the entire nature of Araki's writing over the course of dozens of volumes and that he must have been inspired by HxH. It's completely asinine and ridiculous.

If it makes you feel better to think your claims are true, that's fine, but you are better off staying out of debate among people that have actually consumed the material for themselves unless you are also willing to do so.
Feb 8, 2015 8:10 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
"the monster of the week format" has the most votes lol, I don't know it was such a bad thing.

Looking forward to see more Joseph action. Hopefully he will unleash his weird "tricks" just like what he did in Battle Tendency

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 8, 2015 11:50 AM

Jan 2015
Can we add Mikasa's vapid, contrarian remarks as one of the options in the poll?
Feb 9, 2015 1:18 AM

May 2014
i can't believe this kid is in here still arguing over shit like holy shit

repeatedly states on how they've dropped it continuously comes back to pick more fights. someones gonna need high blood pressure meds by the time they're 30
Feb 16, 2015 11:12 AM

Mar 2012
Kellhus said:
Mikasa said:

Stone Ocean started well before GI, and as I already said three times now there are more complex stands in part 5, and even part 4. If anything they are toned down from part 5 because things got too confusing. But what's truly confusing about your wanting to cling to GI here is that there is really nothing complex in GI anyway. Most of the "new" powers are reused from other things. Killua's yoyos are from Rinko in YYH, Bomber's abilities are from Karasu in YYH, Gon's janken is a reference to DB, etc. The draw for that arc is the video game aspect, not complex Nen abilities.

Being that you haven't actually read Jojo and seem to be talking about wiki entires, honestly these two statements hold very little weight as you don't know what you are talking about on a first hand basis. The only examples you've cited for yourself as "being like certain aspects of Nen" are either petty or existed before HxH.

The "I already looked at a handful of Vento stands" statement pretty much sums up how ill-informed you are about this whole thing. You are literally claiming that because you read about "a handful" of things on a wiki page, you are able to form a coherent opinion about the entire nature of Araki's writing over the course of dozens of volumes and that he must have been inspired by HxH. It's completely asinine and ridiculous.

If it makes you feel better to think your claims are true, that's fine, but you are better off staying out of debate among people that have actually consumed the material for themselves unless you are also willing to do so.

You're thinking volume releases. Which were delayed due to hiatuses, GI came only a few months after JoJo's, and it's kind of beside the point since I'm using GI to show that we'er well off beyond the itnroduction of Nen, which is what's we're discussing that it inspired JoJo's later parts.

Also, since you failed to mention what's really made the powers in GI complex I'm assuming you're not even familiar with what's being called complex here in the first place, again. "Bomber's abilities are from YYH", for instance, I've already explained what makes it different, you're clinging on the "primary concept", the most superficial aspect of the power, to declare that it isn't very complex.
Also, YoYo's weren't a power. Just a gadget Killua decided to use.

-------------------------------------

I never really said I'm a JoJo expert, I kind of emphasized that about 3 times so far... but the point is that since I already know the principle of stands, which is very simple and uninspired, knowing how a few powers go down from different parts can give one a fair idea of what the overall deal is about.
End Zionazism
Feb 16, 2015 1:36 PM

Jul 2011
Mikasa said:
it's kind of beside the point since I'm using GI to show that we'er well off beyond the itnroduction of Nen, which is what's we're discussing that it inspired JoJo's later parts.

GI is irrelevant in the first place because the fact is that Jojo started developing complex stands before Stone Ocean, as I've said a million times for ultimately no reason because you don't seem to want to believe it or read it for yourself. Which makes your persistence to prove your claim which has no logical basis or first hand knowledge quite perplexing. It's an ineffective way to argue and you have proved nothing here but your willful ignorance and refusal to engage in factual debate.

Also, YoYo's weren't a power. Just a gadget Killua decided to use.

Yes, that much is obvious. But the idea is quite obviously from YYH.

"Bomber's abilities are from YYH", for instance, I've already explained what makes it different, you're clinging on the "primary concept", the most superficial aspect of the power, to declare that it isn't very complex.

Bomber's abilities are less unique and complex than both Karasu from YYH and Kira Yoshikage from Jojo. Bomber is honestly a terrible character to bring up when trying to cite how HxH can have complex or unique abilities. I realize you are dead set in your opinion of it and obviously I am failing to encourage you to look at things with a sense of reason and without bias. But you really ought to learn to have discussion without overwhelming bias and no first hand knowledge, as it is much more fruitful that way. The saddest thing of all is that there actually are obvious parallels between Araki and Togashi where it's hard to tell who inspired who that I have been trying to comb out of you up to this point, but you are obviously oblivious to them and just keep beating the same dead ineffectual horse.

Just think how annoying it would be if I was claiming that HxH was an uninspired piece of shit and Jojo is obviously way better, when meanwhile I am openly stating I haven't even bothered to check it out for myself and am just bashing it based on a few wikipedia articles I read after watching/reading the first few arcs. No matter how you try to counter me based on your love for HxH and own knowledge of the series, I completely ignore it thinking my understanding is more or less the same as yours based on what is obviously grossly insufficient knowledge if all I did was see a few arcs and read some guy's wiki entry. That is all you are doing here.
KellhusFeb 16, 2015 1:44 PM
Feb 16, 2015 1:47 PM
Jun 2014
Why are people still responding to that guy? He thinks HxH inspired Bleach. Probably also thinks the Mona Lisa was inspired by it, along with god knows what. Just ignore him.
Feb 16, 2015 3:26 PM

Jul 2011
Saandro said:
Why are people still responding to that guy? He thinks HxH inspired Bleach. Probably also thinks the Mona Lisa was inspired by it, along with god knows what. Just ignore him.

I don't know his past on here and I frankly don't care. If I want to have a conversation with him, then what is it to you or anyone else? It's not like this is going on in the weekly episode threads, then I would see why people would be annoyed. Otherwise, if you don't like it, don't read it.
Feb 16, 2015 6:36 PM
Jan 2015
Saandro said:

Weird because Yu Yu Hakusho would ve inspired Bleach not HXH
Feb 20, 2015 3:15 PM

Dec 2012
Kellhus said:
Saandro said:

I don't know his past on here and I frankly don't care. If I want to have a conversation with him, then what is it to you or anyone else? It's not like this is going on in the weekly episode threads, then I would see why people would be annoyed. Otherwise, if you don't like it, don't read it.

Are you sure?

''Hunter x Hunter 1) By far the most original anime to date, and has inspired a great deal of anime who went on to be big and further lend more popularity to the industry, examples are Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, One Piece, Toriko, etc..''
Feb 24, 2015 7:06 AM

Mar 2012
Kellhus said:

GI is irrelevant in the first place because the fact is that Jojo started developing complex stands before Stone Ocean, as I've said a million times for ultimately no reason because you don't seem to want to believe it or read it for yourself. Which makes your persistence to prove your claim which has no logical basis or first hand knowledge quite perplexing. It's an ineffective way to argue and you have proved nothing here but your willful ignorance and refusal to engage in factual debate.

That's where I disagree. I don't consider pre-SO to be complex. Not that I'm even impressed by SO's stands in the first place but they are more condition based. Also Spins did not exist apparently in earlier parts.

Yes, that much is obvious. But the idea is quite obviously from YYH.

Not the point, the point is that other powers that seem "like YYH's" are fundamentally different and are multi-layered and not linear/one-dimensional. The concept and the foundation, all ideas on their own to fuel a power that makes it different from the rest.

For example, on the surface, Killua's powers are plain ol' electricity, but they are much more than that. The how and why and the steps created to make them and the explanations (both in Nen and sci-fi neurology-based powers).

Bomber's abilities are less unique and complex than both Karasu from YYH and Kira Yoshikage from Jojo. Bomber is honestly a terrible character to bring up when trying to cite how HxH can have complex or unique abilities.
How so? None of them had what I described in my point above^, LF and CD do.

I realize you are dead set in your opinion of it and obviously I am failing to encourage you to look at things with a sense of reason and without bias. But you really ought to learn to have discussion without overwhelming bias

Not really biased. You're claiming that I'm insisting on being Pro HxH just because I like HxH? When in fact
1) At first I used Naruto's powers as a comparison, not Nen
2) I did claim any other power was better than Stands, so even Ripples count.
So this is mostly focused on JoJo's own shortcomings regardless of what we compare it with. So not much bias at all to be fair.

and no first hand knowledge

Yeah maybe, I just don't find myself interesting in further JoJo experiences thanks to SD. Maybe I'll try the video games.

Just think how annoying it would be if I was claiming that HxH was an uninspired piece of shit and Jojo is obviously way better

1) I never said that (in favor of HxH), I wasn't even trying to compare the two shows, just Stands vs. every other power. What makes people think I'm saying "JoJo's an uninspired piece of shit", I just don't like the stands and episodic format, (complaining, which is what the thread was asking)
2) I honestly wouldn't mind if someone claimed that. I like it enough and that's all that matters to me.

, when meanwhile I am openly stating I haven't even bothered to check it out for myself and am just bashing it based on a few wikipedia articles I read after watching/reading the first few arcs. No matter how you try to counter me based on your love for HxH and own knowledge of the series, I completely ignore it thinking my understanding is more or less the same as yours based on what is obviously grossly insufficient knowledge if all I did was see a few arcs and read some guy's wiki entry. That is all you are doing here.

1) Did I not say I myself read CA off a wiki first?
2) Go to HxH's forum, I'm probably the only non-HxH-hating supporter of people who drop it "on episode 1" or "based on art/promo image" or "wiki/summary" (though I haven't encountered the latter yet)

Here's what I'd do if someone said it wasn't creative based on vague information, I'd actually just break down the power and post everything it's made of and let the other person decide.

We're not talking about hxH per se, we're comparing Stands, Chakra and Nen togethre, (because I complained about Stands not being creative enough)

Mod Edit: Merged and removed quote of a deleted post.
LunaFeb 27, 2015 9:48 AM
End Zionazism
Feb 25, 2015 3:51 PM
Aug 2011
Some stands are incredibly creative though, amazingly so (finished SBR yesterday, D4C anyone? fuck yeah).
Some of them are just average to below average.
Like Bastet's magnetic attraction as seen in episode 7. It was funny but hardly anything special.
standFeb 25, 2015 3:55 PM
Feb 27, 2015 11:40 AM

Mar 2012
Haven't seen that one though I'm not a big fan of Part 3 stands altogether
End Zionazism
Feb 27, 2015 11:52 AM

Jan 2015
I still don't like how overpowered Jotaro's stand is compared to all his enemies. Ya sure in some situations the enemy stands have the upper power but they all seem a cut below Jotaro's.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2015 1:01 PM

Jul 2014
Lahi said:
I still don't like how overpowered Jotaro's stand is compared to all his enemies. Ya sure in some situations the enemy stands have the upper power but they all seem a cut below Jotaro's.

Barring a few specific fights, there will rarely be a Stand that exceeds or rivals Star Platinum in terms of statistics not involving range.
Feb 28, 2015 4:06 PM

Feb 2013
Lahi said:

There are a number of fight's the end simply with Jotaro pressing the "I win" button (Justcie, High Priestess). The anime and the manga are generally better of when this isn't happening
Mar 3, 2015 3:47 AM
Jun 2014
Take a shot for every time someone uses the term "asspull" once Jotaro vs. Dio is concluded.
Mar 3, 2015 3:54 AM

Dec 2012
Dahkra said:
Take a shot for every time someone uses the term "asspull" once Jotaro vs. Dio is concluded.

Jotaro's posessing you know what, was kinda foreshadowed in the first episode.
Mar 3, 2015 6:50 AM

Mar 2012
Lahi said:

Yeah just going off the statistics it has As in all the (seemingly) right places.
End Zionazism
Mar 3, 2015 7:13 AM

Apr 2014
Mikasa said:
Lahi said:

Yeah just going off the statistics it has As in all the (seemingly) right places.

Well.......

His range isn't good at all, but other than that he's got a pretty good stand.

Mar 3, 2015 7:13 AM

Apr 2014
Dahkra said:

We'd be dead after the first 3 pages of the thread.

Mar 3, 2015 5:16 PM

May 2013
Annyoing Joseph fanboys will complain about lack of ripple.
Mar 3, 2015 5:18 PM

Oct 2011
Besides the stand of the week format that's usually present in every Jojo part one way or another, most definitely Star Platinum's latent ability:

Mar 4, 2015 9:56 PM
Jan 2015
Dragonage2ftw said:
Mikasa said:

Well.......

His range isn't good at all, but other than that he's got a pretty good stand.

Also he doesn't have any special powers or abilities
Mar 5, 2015 12:31 AM

Mar 2012
RevolverSnake said:

Maybe because Ripples are a more clever system?
End Zionazism
Mar 5, 2015 3:37 AM

Oct 2012
Mikasa said:
RevolverSnake said:

I don't think you know what a "system" is.
Mar 5, 2015 8:02 AM

May 2014
Mikasa said:
RevolverSnake said:

Yeah , sure basic hamon was so clever that it inspired other series to do the same , unlike stands which inspired no one, hmph
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Mar 5, 2015 8:46 AM

Mar 2012
Tomino said:
Mikasa said:

Admittedly, Stands are hardly a system, but just for the sake of comparison I mean.

Ripples had more applications despite defined boundaries, in Stands it's nothing like that, just Guy X has Stand X-2 that has power X-3 because we say so.
End Zionazism
Mar 5, 2015 9:31 AM

May 2014
Mikasa said:
Tomino said:

Admittedly, Stands are hardly a system, but just for the sake of comparison I mean.

Ripples had more applications despite defined boundaries, in Stands it's nothing like that, just Guy X has Stand X-2 that has power X-3 because we say so.

Actually they use stands in conjuction with other stuff , I don't even know what are you talking about. and some weaknesses are used to their advantage . Alessi is an example of how to use your stand outside of the box they are given to and Steely Dan with the lovers , The Sun too, In fact the whole show except for a few stands and anubis are villains working their way with their powers using trickery , deceit and cleverness , same with the protagonists. That's why for example a stand like Anubis was something not normal for them to encounter and they were actually surprised that they was no form of trickery of deceit and just a frontal attack.

Oh yeah and I forgot how much of the applications it had to the point that part 2 was mostly workarounds with a basic power that has not much applications.
but of course I forgot , you didn't see the show. so you didn't know that.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Mar 5, 2015 9:43 AM

Feb 2013
Mikasa said:

All the lack of boundaries does is open up the series to different types of battles. I don't see how that's a bad thing at all.
Mar 5, 2015 10:56 AM

Jan 2015
Mikasa said:
RevolverSnake said:

The Ripple is literally just a reworked skin of Hokuto Shinken. Assuming you even know what that is.
Mar 5, 2015 11:05 AM

Mar 2012
I have a vague idea of what it is. Don't see the point though. Not like Stands were original.

gedata said:
Mikasa said:

All the lack of boundaries does is open up the series to different types of battles. I don't see how that's a bad thing at all.

You can't see if a power is limitless if it doesn't have boundaries. If it already establisehs that "things happen just because they do" isn't "limitless" in a positive way.
End Zionazism
Mar 5, 2015 2:26 PM

Feb 2013
GoyitoSatan said:
Mikasa said:

The Ripple is literally just a reworked skin of Hokuto Shinken. Assuming you even know what that is.
I can see where your coming from but Hokuto Shinken was used for more staright-forward fisticuffs as opposed to stuff you see in the 2nd arc of Jojo's
Mikasa said:
Not like Stands were original.

And how would you support this? Perhaps not in this day and age, but as far as I know there are no precursors to stands.
Mar 6, 2015 10:34 AM
Dec 2013
Hamon is magic light powers that basically do whatever Araki wanted them to do. They reached their limit by the end of Part 2. Stands are basically him giving himself leeway to put whatever he wants on page, with a few limitations with each stand (limited range, user gets hurt when his stand gets hurt). Granted, the limitations of both powers are ignored occasionally when Araki feels like it and don't reach their potential until the end of part 3 and subsequent parts.
Mar 6, 2015 9:47 PM

Jan 2015
gedata said:
GoyitoSatan said:

I can see where your coming from but Hokuto Shinken was used for more staright-forward fisticuffs as opposed to stuff you see in the 2nd arc of Jojo's

That's why I said "reworked", but even then, the parallels to Hokuto Shinken are undeniable even in Part 2. Not to mention that the Ripple could only go so far before becoming stale itself, as sjack pointed out.
Mar 28, 2015 2:49 PM

May 2014
i can't believe i came back and read this laughing so hard oh my god
Mar 28, 2015 2:54 PM

Mar 2012
Oh sorry this thread got lost down under, sorry for the late reply

gedata said:
GoyitoSatan said:

Mikasa said:
Not like Stands were original.

And how would you support this? Perhaps not in this day and age, but as far as I know there are no precursors to stands.

Read my disc. with Kellhus

GoyitoSatan said:
gedata said:

That's why I said "reworked", but even then, the parallels to Hokuto Shinken are undeniable even in Part 2. Not to mention that the Ripple could only go so far before becoming stale itself, as sjack pointed out.

Still they are more clever tha Stands. Ripples have some sweet applications and unlike stands they aren't random, at least not in Part 2.
End Zionazism
Mar 28, 2015 6:20 PM
Sep 2014
Mikasa said:
Still they are more clever tha Stands. Ripples have some sweet applications and unlike stands they aren't random, at least not in Part 2.

What do you mean by that? Stands have way more creative freedom by being as random as you said, without stands we wouldnt see awesome things like:
-Josuke's Crazy Diamond using the "fix anything ability" to create barriers, cover, etc
- Annasui's DiverDown "dive into anything" ability to inject force in any kind of object, creating traps
- the D'arbys ability that allows them to capture enemy souls if the opponent loses to him in any kind of game,
- Or Dirty Deeds Done Cheap abilty to make parallel dimensions co-exist (and the author aways surprise you on whether you are reading the normal dimension or a parallel one)
Among other awesome fights and concepts
ak184Mar 28, 2015 6:53 PM
May 21, 2015 12:30 PM

Apr 2014
So, I guess one of the things that people complained about the most this season wasn't on the poll:

Constant comedy.

May 21, 2015 12:31 PM

Apr 2014
ak184 said:
Mikasa said:

What do you mean by that? Stands have way more creative freedom by being as random as you said, without stands we wouldnt see awesome things like:
-Josuke's Crazy Diamond using the "fix anything ability" to create barriers, cover, etc
- Annasui's DiverDown "dive into anything" ability to inject force in any kind of object, creating traps
- the D'arbys ability that allows them to capture enemy souls if the opponent loses to him in any kind of game,
- Or Dirty Deeds Done Cheap abilty to make parallel dimensions co-exist (and the author aways surprise you on whether you are reading the normal dimension or a parallel one)
Among other awesome fights and concepts

The ripple is also pretty random.

May 21, 2015 9:17 PM

Jul 2014
Mikasa said:
Ripples have some sweet applications and unlike stands they aren't random, at least not in Part 2.

In Part II, the Ripple is used to

* Knock out a normal person despite being made specifically to fight vampires.
* Make a hair barrier that deflects bullets.
* Possess a woman and a pigeon to act against their will.
* Turn a person's life energy into a blood bubble that passes their energy to someone else.
* Kickstart a volcano.

Among other things.

And not one thing on that list sounds random to you?
May 22, 2015 9:29 AM

Aug 2013
Jesus christ this thread
huh
May 22, 2015 10:24 AM

May 2015
Mikasa said:

oh wow, the ignorant is real (Implying you're being serious).

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
May 29, 2015 11:43 AM

Nov 2012
Color schemes.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

208 by gophers-insides »»
Apr 19, 9:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

132 by fgowy »»
Apr 17, 4:02 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2015

137 by vizthex »»
Apr 1, 10:43 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Feb 20, 2015

187 by MISTERINVINCIBLE »»
Mar 16, 11:01 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

161 by Blitrapika »»
Feb 27, 8:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.