Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 20, 2014 10:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh wow. That was some serious trolling from the mascots. Kanie's look on his face was freaking priceless though when "Sento" came on him.

Pretty amusing episode overall imo and it's a nice break from the park. Kanie's "head" coming off made me go wtf this episode. Well anyways, this episode pulled off a bunch of gimmicks. Seems like Kanie is running into some girl trouble as well. Oh boy..and also, I wonder what role Muse will play soon.
Nov 20, 2014 10:26 AM
Nov 2014
Almost felt like it was going to be a more serious episode at first. And then the trolling began. Absolutely hilarious from beginning to end in the usual "What the hell!?" way.

Kanie's face + Tiramie's speech pattern... I cried laughing. Doushita-mi? Kinishinaide-mi~
Nov 20, 2014 11:19 AM

Aug 2012
The house sparrow reference at 07:47 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYpoeQt0imI

Those mascots can really troll people well...
Nov 20, 2014 12:53 PM

Dec 2013
Dat doujin potential

Those mascots man.
Nov 20, 2014 4:22 PM

Apr 2014
that was hilarious xD good to know kanie saved his own neck at the end

was sento jealous of latifa during the conversation with kanie??
Nov 20, 2014 6:16 PM

Dec 2013
noooooooooo dammit no
sento honey please, god
i ship sento and kanie so hard i'm crying

overall this ep was funny as usual
gotta love those mascots lol
Nov 21, 2014 11:00 AM

Apr 2014
hahailham1 said:
even hs hasnt released it yet?

hs doesn't sub Amagi.

Vivid and Deadfish do, but it isn't out yet :(
Nov 21, 2014 12:34 PM

Mar 2012

Anyway, it was pretty hilarious seeing Kanie with the mascots' mannerisms. And yeah, it did look like Sento was getting jealous of Latifa near the end..
Nov 21, 2014 1:29 PM
Nov 2014
As much as I want subs too just so more people will talk about my favorite show, maybe we could all just remember that fansubbers dedicate their free time to translate stuff for others. Even though most of the time they just get crap for it anyway.

Just be patient, it'll be worth it. Or go sub the show within a few hours yourself if it's so easy.
Nov 21, 2014 4:36 PM

Sep 2011
Thread Cleaned
If you haven't seen the episode, don't comment. Stop asking where the subs are. Stop throwing insults.
Nov 21, 2014 5:08 PM

May 2011
You guys are spoiled.

Subbing delays like this were common back before Crunchyroll/Viz Media/Funimation began simulcasting. Horrible subs is nothing but a ripping group. They don't do actual translations. They just take the dialogue from the simulcast companies.

real fansub groups have a half a dozen people working on a project. They don't get early release footage like simulcast companies do. Once an Anime airs and they get a TS video file, they have to start their subbing process.

They first have to translate the show. Then have an editor make the dialogue more grammatically correct. Then they have to have someone Time code the dialogue into a video file. And then someone goes thru and checks the work and makes sure it's not glitching and there's no errors. After all that work, it's finally uploaded to be seeded on torrent sites or hosted on file servers sites.

Most Subbing groups don't have a lot of positions well staffed.They maybe have one or two project groups. They're very lucky if they have more than one translator. It's not easy job to fill. Some groups have to pay translators. If one of those groups have issues with one of the staff needing time off for personal commitments, they're hung up. They have to wait for them to get back. ESPECIALLY if it is the translator who needs time off.

Kyoani is one of the few anime production companies that doesn't like licensing out their anime to international simulcast sites. But usually there's more than one fan sub groups doing Kyoani shows since they're a popular anime company. If one group has delays another group usually steps in to fill the void and it's no big deal.

But for some reason, only the Vivid group is doing Amagi Brilliant Park this season. And they've been doing a great job on getting the show out at quick "speed sub" pace; within 12 hours of airing. This week they had an issue, most likely personal, and stated they needed to delay they release 24 hours.

Please give them a break. It's hard work producing sub projects at a quick pace and maintain a high level of quality.

And thank your lucky stars we're in the day and age where you get translated releases from dedicated groups in a quick manner. Back around 2000 you were lucky to get certain shows subbed a month after initial release.

--------------------------------------------------

Again Vivid Subs said their delay on Amagi Brilliant Park" is 24 hours. Please leave them be to finish their work. It's frustrating for them to be hung up in their production process. Badgering them about it only frustrates them more and makes them feel under-appreciated.
CirrisNov 21, 2014 9:43 PM
Nov 21, 2014 5:19 PM
Nov 2014
It was only one guy complaining to be honest. The rest of us were telling him off.

As for this week's episode, I'm sad because i'm in the isuzu ship
Nov 21, 2014 5:25 PM

Jan 2014
Don't forget the old school method of using VHS tapes to distribute anime.

What you have today with Crunchyroll and the internet is like coming from the flintlock musket to fully automatic weapons.
Nov 21, 2014 5:35 PM

May 2011
HelghastKillzone said:

What you have today with Crunchyroll and the internet is like coming from the flintlock musket to fully automatic weapons.

I didn't want to go that far back and have users start calling me "Grandpa".
Nov 21, 2014 5:50 PM

Jan 2014
Cirris said:
HelghastKillzone said:

I didn't want to go that far back and have users start calling me "Grandpa".

GRANDPA.
Nov 21, 2014 5:55 PM

Jul 2013
The grey-haired girl somewhat remind me of Shichimiya from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren. Kyoto Animation style I guess.

[spoiler]
Nov 21, 2014 6:02 PM

Sep 2014
That Tiramie's speech pattern I laugh at that part ending each sentence in MI . . .
Nov 21, 2014 6:07 PM
Sep 2013
Zerito22 said:
hahailham1 said:
even hs hasnt released it yet?

hs doesn't sub Amagi.

Vivid and Deadfish do, but it isn't out yet :(

aw, my bad
cant wait, so i watch it in raw.
quite understand what happen, their grammar is not that hard to understand.
Nov 21, 2014 10:35 PM

Aug 2014
been watching anime for almost 11 years on a daily basis still don't know how to speak in japanese :'(
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Nov 22, 2014 12:02 AM

Jul 2010
The moment Tiramie put on the suit I knew he was gonna go for the girl.

Kanie x Isuzu happen pls.
Isuzu seems jealous of Latifa. </3

SoonaxUchiha02 said:
been watching anime for almost 11 years on a daily basis still don't know how to speak in japanese :'(

I learned this way though. Been watching since Magic Knight Rayearth.

Guess it depends.
Nov 22, 2014 4:31 AM

Apr 2012
Cirris said:
You guys are spoiled.

Subbing delays like this were common back before Crunchyroll/Viz Media/Funimation began simulcasting. Horrible subs is nothing but a ripping group. They don't do actual translations. They just take the dialogue from the simulcast companies.

real fansub groups have a half a dozen people working on a project. They don't get early release footage like simulcast companies do. Once an Anime airs and they get a TS video file, they have to start their subbing process.

They first have to translate the show. Then have an editor make the dialogue more grammatically correct. Then they have to have someone Time code the dialogue into a video file. And then someone goes thru and checks the work and makes sure it's not glitching and there's no errors. After all that work, it's finally uploaded to be seeded on torrent sites or hosted on file servers sites.

Most Subbing groups don't have a lot of positions well staffed.They maybe have one or two project groups. They're very lucky if they have more than one translator. It's not easy job to fill. Some groups have to pay translators. If one of those groups have issues with one of the staff needing time off for personal commitments, they're hung up. They have to wait for them to get back. ESPECIALLY if it is the translator who needs time off.

Kyoani is one of the few anime production companies that doesn't like licensing out their anime to international simulcast sites. But usually there's more than one fan sub groups doing Kyoani shows since they're a popular anime company. If one group has delays another group usually steps in to fill the void and it's no big deal.

But for some reason, only the Vivid group is doing Amagi Brilliant Park this season. And they've been doing a great job on getting the show out at quick "speed sub" pace; within 12 hours of airing. This week they had an issue, most likely personal, and stated they needed to delay they release 24 hours.

Please give them a break. It's hard work producing sub projects at a quick pace and maintain a high level of quality.

And thank your lucky stars we're in the day and age where you get translated releases from dedicated groups in a quick manner. Back around 2000 you were lucky to get certain shows subbed a month after initial release.

Again Vivid Subs said their delay on Amagi Brilliant Park" is 24 hours. Please leave them be to finish their work. It's frustrating for them to be hung up in their production process. Badgering them about it only frustrates them more and makes them feel under-appreciated.

Thanks for the detailed information. Really learned a lot.

@Discussion
I really aren't bothered by the slow release though. For a bilingual of Chinese and English, if the English (free) release doesn't come out, I'll just stick to bilibili's Chinese sub. It's all the same to me.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Nov 22, 2014 5:44 AM
May 2014
That post made sense, but when they will relase subbed version? 2 days already passed though
DayweedNov 22, 2014 5:48 AM
Nov 22, 2014 5:50 AM

Jul 2014
She could've been added to the harem. (If you guys know spanish there are spspanish subs out there.)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2014 6:02 AM
Jul 2008
Cirris said:

May I ask where they said that?
Nov 22, 2014 6:29 AM
Oct 2009
Oh God, funniest episode yet! I especially liked Macaron's Kanie xD Suddenly Kanie says 'ron' et 'mii' xDD
Nov 22, 2014 11:26 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty funny episode =D
Nov 22, 2014 11:26 AM

Jul 2010
Using the suit of Kanie to sub in for him xD

That zipper on top of their heads xD Mii, Ron and Fumo!

Sento and Macaron was relatively smooth though they made the girl like Kanie more xD Macaron with that attitude in class!

Kanie's head falling off xD Macaron dodging!

Tiramie was a little lame in a funny way xD Quite the sweet talker tbh but he really did mess it up xD

The red haired girl wasn't giving up. Moffle going on a spree xD That tree cutting move. Kanie saving the day at the end.

Sento being jealous at the end!
Nov 22, 2014 11:35 AM

Apr 2014
I was about to comment on the subs taking awhile, but it appears all of you knew about that already. ^^;

Anywho, subs are out now (some dialogue off, but its still pretty accurate).

VanishingKira said:
Things are getting pretty ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Inb4 doujins.

This part made me jump back, ahaha. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The part where Kanie's (Macaron) neck twisted and he just fixed it just like that was hilarious. XD
Nov 22, 2014 12:07 PM

Sep 2012
Tiramie fucked up so bad hahaha and damn Sento looked so jealous at the end.
Oh god who are you people?
Nov 22, 2014 12:15 PM

Oct 2014
Lol, those Mascots were really something else.
Nov 22, 2014 12:17 PM

May 2013
Funny episode. Funny seeing the guys trying to act like Kanie.
Nov 22, 2014 12:25 PM

Oct 2012

(left) Tsuchida Kanae (土田香苗) . . (right) Tirami in disguise as Kanie
okanaganNov 22, 2014 1:29 PM
Nov 22, 2014 12:34 PM

Oct 2013
this anime never fails to amuse me <3
one of the better episodes XD I'd have to say
[/quote]
Nov 22, 2014 12:45 PM

May 2014
okanagan said:

I really wanted that pale-purple hair girl to join the park or something. She's too cute!
Nov 22, 2014 12:47 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Cirris said:
You guys are spoiled.

And this is where Shirobako comes in. Lots of users complain about subs being delayed. If it's delayed then it's delayed, give them time and go do something else. Some users don't know how to be patient. It's like a kid asking their mother, "are we there yet" when going on a car trip.

The episode was pretty hilarious. Lots of misunderstandings at Kanie's school.

LOL that's a bit lewd xD

This Kanae girl looks a lot like Kotomi Ichinose from Clannad, and Rikka Takanashi from Chuunbiyou.

What have they done to Sento lol

That Sylphy is doing random things. I find her randomness hilarious.

Nov 22, 2014 12:56 PM

Dec 2011
And we got a romance-filled high school episode. Hahaha. I love the difference in their portrayal in Kanie... and just apologizing so easily. Hahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2014 1:01 PM

Dec 2013
Being moffle is suffering, the siscon is real.
Nov 22, 2014 1:03 PM

Nov 2012
Hilarious,
Sento at the end, it seems she is getting jealous.....
Nov 22, 2014 1:08 PM
Mar 2013
Damnit, Tiramie!
Nice save, saving yourself from 'yourself', Kanie.
That guy he was impersonating must be really confused afterwards as to why he suddenly has a girlfriend haha
Nov 22, 2014 1:16 PM
May 2012
Rather enjoyable episode. I really liked Moffle's rant, and now am curious as to his backstory with Latifa.

Isuzu definitely looked unhappy after watching how close Seiya and Latifa seemed to have gotten. She obviously doesn't say anything, but that look on her face says it all.
Nov 22, 2014 1:24 PM

May 2012
Funny episode.

Really like this episode a lot. The day in the life of Kanie.
Nov 22, 2014 1:41 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was too hilarious.
Nov 22, 2014 1:47 PM

Aug 2012
Has to be the funniest show of the season for me at this point, also probably my favourite KyoAni show I've watched. I wonder if there will be proper romance between Kanie and Sento.
Nov 22, 2014 1:48 PM

Jan 2012
I'm pretty bummed this hasn't been licensed over here yet I dunno why.

Anyway this one wasn't as good as the last few but it was still very enjoyable. I gotta say this show is far more goofy and relaxing than I was expecting going in and so far I love it.
Nov 22, 2014 1:58 PM

Apr 2013
Haha, had to watch this over a few times because i found it really interesting xD

Macaron and Senton's substitution were the best xD

LOl i love Macaron's reaction when the girl saw him fix his neck after the punch

Nov 22, 2014 1:59 PM

Aug 2010

So much smoothness :3

Totally died from blood loss here *A*
Nov 22, 2014 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
I think the girl with purple hair should join the park, she is really cute aaaaand i want to see Muse and the other 3 girls more often...
Nov 22, 2014 2:09 PM
Jul 2018
Fun episode.

Lol @ that troll from the mascots at the beginning where Tiramie disguised as Isuzu and trying to seduce him.

Isuzu and the mascots disguising themselves as Kanie at school was pretty fun to watch.
removed-userNov 22, 2014 2:12 PM
Nov 22, 2014 2:19 PM

May 2011
Hellobee said:
Cirris said:

May I ask where they said that?

Almost all the sub groups have a presence on IRC (Internet Relay Chat) on Rizon.net. #vivid is their channel. Xythar, one of Vivid's editors, has been posting updates in the channel topic header. "sat night/sun morning" is the latest update.

It's ok to stop by and say "Hi!" and "Thank You!" You can also praise them. They love being praised. Just don't nag them about when a episode is out " Is it done yet!? Is it done yet!? Is it done yet!? Is it done yet!? Is it done yet!? Is it done yet!? Is it done yet!? Is it done yet!?..... *breathe*... Is it done yet!?"
CirrisNov 22, 2014 2:27 PM
Nov 22, 2014 2:32 PM

Feb 2014
That was a good episode, and everything worked out in the end I guess...
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» So uh, Is it over?

DtSuteru - Dec 26, 2014

18 by Alex4814 »»
Mar 8, 2:59 AM

» Does it have Romance

rishamr - Feb 28

11 by -Ketsueki »»
Feb 29, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Amagi Brilliant Park Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2014

364 by DebiPS »»
Feb 16, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Amagi Brilliant Park Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

187 by DebiPS »»
Feb 12, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Amagi Brilliant Park Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

181 by DebiPS »»
Feb 9, 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.