Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 14, 2014 12:11 AM

Oct 2014
No spoliers here please as i only up to episode 15, and i hope it gets better, but compared to season 1 and 2, this season is a snooze fest, introduces way too many new characters, and has bored me so far.
Nov 14, 2014 12:12 AM

Jan 2013
It is never just you.
It never is.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Nov 14, 2014 12:14 AM

Mar 2013
all of it sucks
Full time redditor and fedora owner, gg
Nov 14, 2014 12:15 AM

Feb 2013
skyzblue said:
It is never just you.
It never is.
just me or is pupa better than logh?
Nov 14, 2014 12:17 AM

Jan 2013
romagia said:
skyzblue said:
It is never just you.
It never is.

Of course pupa is better than logh you dummy.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Nov 14, 2014 12:20 AM

Feb 2013
skyzblue said:
romagia said:

wait a sec are you tryin to cheat me again?
you don't have pupa in your list
Nov 14, 2014 12:22 AM

Sep 2014
skyzblue said:
It is never just you.
It never is.

That's not true. I'm the only notsomacho to ever grace this shitty forum with my glorious presence.
Nov 14, 2014 12:23 AM

Jan 2013
romagia said:
skyzblue said:

Don't make it sound like a J-drama..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Nov 14, 2014 12:24 AM

Nov 2012
skyzblue said:
romagia said:

Don't make it sound like a J-drama..
you mean k-drama?
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 14, 2014 12:57 AM

Apr 2013
AFAIK season 3 is horribly rushed in order to finish the story without having to add a 4th season. Skipping a lot of things is never good for the whole quality and for comprehension.
Nov 14, 2014 1:19 AM

Nov 2012
RinPriest said:
ninjastarforcex said:
you mean k-drama?

Guys you got this all wrong

Glasslip > Pupa > LoTGH

LoTGH > fate ubw > clannad
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 14, 2014 1:44 AM

Sep 2011
Season 3 was definitely not as good as the first two, but it does get better.

Id say season 3 is sort of like:
- beginning was good
- middle was pretty meh
- ending was good

Juts my opinion though.
Nov 14, 2014 1:55 AM

Oct 2013
It sucks compared to the the first two seasons. The only thing it did better was the art and animation but that's because it was the latest one.
Nov 14, 2014 2:08 AM

Dec 2013
I only liked two things in that franchise: Kow Otani, and that inebriated chick.
Nov 14, 2014 2:10 AM

Mar 2013
I loved the first season so much, but season 2 and 3 ruined
this series for me.

Season 1 had everything u can expect from this kind of anime and it were good.

Season 2 were mostly about there daily life and love stories and it were boring.

Season 3 were all about there fights and yuji identity twist but there was to much
of it and it could been done so much better.

still hate Kazumi :P
Nov 14, 2014 12:33 PM

Apr 2010
Thread moved

Thread moved to the Shakugan no Shana III (Final) board.
Nov 22, 2014 3:36 PM
Aug 2012
its because nothing other than a hollywood style action film happens lots of bangs no sense pointless story which is nosensically complex explaining everything yet going no where
Nov 22, 2014 8:23 PM

Sep 2008
Season 3 could have been so much better, but as someone mentioned, it was incredibly rushed.

Also I think the series as a whole could have been much greater, if only JC Staff fully and truly adapted the novels. There were many missing points from the light novel that weren't included, and they would have also made season 3 less confusing to the viewers, such as Yuuji having conversations with Sairei no Hebi. It could and should have been put into season 2, but instead we had filler episodes (3-8 I think?) and anime-original story lines. Same with season 1, the ending happened in the anime only.
Jun 1, 2017 2:15 AM

May 2017
Kimberly said:

Also I think the series as a whole could have been much greater, if only JC Staff fully and truly adapted the novels. There were many missing points from the light novel that weren't included, and they would have also made season 3 less confusing to the viewers, such as Yuuji having conversations with Sairei no Hebi. It could and should have been put into season 2, but instead we had filler episodes (3-8 I think?) and anime-original story lines. Same with season 1, the ending happened in the anime only.

^ This. And I liked this season, it's my fave. Although yes, the producers screwed up at the drama:action ratio. SnS II had too much drama, SnS III too much action.
The mindfucker.
Jun 1, 2017 2:18 AM

Jan 2017
i didn't watch it but the score of season 3 is better than the score of season 1
(i know that the number of member is different but it is still a pretty big number for both seasons)
Jan 28, 2020 11:25 AM

Aug 2017
chrisedmonds said:
No spoliers here please as i only up to episode 15, and i hope it gets better, but compared to season 1 and 2, this season is a snooze fest, introduces way too many new characters, and has bored me so far.
It never improved, it was terrible. Endless battles and new characters.
Jan 29, 2020 11:38 AM

Apr 2010
The third season was okay but I couldn't approve the ending.
I couldn't help but dislike that ending.
Jan 30, 2020 2:05 AM

Dec 2012
MysteryFan89 said:
The third season was okay but I couldn't approve the ending.
I couldn't help but dislike that ending.

Jun 22, 2020 2:54 PM

Jan 2020
Ugh.. had to leave a comment here for posterity. I've watched a fair amount of anime but never one where the plot and characterization a prior seasons were so radically different they might have been from a parallel universe. After several stop-starts I finally managed to get through to the final episode and whilst minimally satisfying, I can't help but feel S3 might as well have been a whole different anime altogether.

There's a lot I could say that's been addressed in prior comments though I don't hate this anime. However mostly...
Jun 22, 2020 3:18 PM

Oct 2013
K-Lye said:
what the actual heck is going on with Yuuji's character? It's such a departure from S1 & S2 he's basically a completely different character. It's barely addressed and even though I understand it's better explained in the LN, it still doesn't make any sense whatsoever for someone to develop the polar opposite of their prior personality
There was nothing wrong with Yuuji's depictions in terms of character progression
Yuuji a good person but when he has power to force an action he basically does so immediately because he believes its the right action
The second Shana freed him from Hecate in season 1 he attacked without thought using Blutsauger
the second he thought killing Zarovee was something he could do he went all out just stabbing him and chocking him

Only real change would be he no longer the weak but deductive person on the team and now the leader with physical power to match his leader skills

Yuuji's character flaw as a person is his one mind focus when trying to achieve what he finds to be important like protecting his family and the city his original grew up in since he has all those memories of that life and the warmth it gave emotionally. Which you can see to a smaller extent in season 2 when he is set on leaving the city to protect it from the dangers attacking him
When you look at all his thoughts it should be easy to understand why he is doing all this in season 3
Jun 22, 2020 4:06 PM

Jan 2020
Deknijff said:
K-Lye said:
what the actual heck is going on with Yuuji's character? It's such a departure from S1 & S2 he's basically a completely different character. It's barely addressed and even though I understand it's better explained in the LN, it still doesn't make any sense whatsoever for someone to develop the polar opposite of their prior personality
There was nothing wrong with Yuuji's depictions in terms of character progression
Yuuji a good person but when he has power to force an action he basically does so immediately because he believes its the right action
The second Shana freed him from Hecate in season 1 he attacked without thought using Blutsauger
the second he thought killing Zarovee was something he could do he went all out just stabbing him and chocking him

Only real change would be he no longer the weak but deductive person on the team and now the leader with physical power to match his leader skills

Yuuji's character flaw as a person is his one mind focus when trying to achieve what he finds to be important like protecting his family and the city his original grew up in since he has all those memories of that life and the warmth it gave emotionally. Which you can see to a smaller extent in season 2 when he is set on leaving the city to protect it from the dangers attacking him
When you look at all his thoughts it should be easy to understand why he is doing all this in season 3

Well I'm not here to convince you but I don't agree. The shift was radical, extreme and unexpected right from the get-go. It's completely at odds with the person we've seen in the prior seasons. It's no better ilustrated in his wanton disregard for in killing to achieve a bigger objective. I could elaborate further but THIS REVIEW pretty much sums it up.
Jun 22, 2020 4:27 PM

Oct 2013
K-Lye said:
Deknijff said:

Well I'm not here to convince you but I don't agree. The shift was radical, extreme and unexpected right from the get-go. It's completely at odds with the person we've seen in the prior seasons. It's no better ilustrated in his wanton disregard for in killing to achieve a bigger objective. I could elaborate further but THIS REVIEW pretty much sums it up.
Its not at odds with the character of Yuuji thats been established though
Its perfectly consistent. Did you even watch the 2 scenes I posted?
Yuuji from the very beginning has hated the idea of torches and people not being remembered when they die and fearing for the lives of his family and loved ones. All his actions in season 3 is to create a new world in which he doesn't have to fear that anymore after being so heavily emotionally scarred by seeing what happened to Yukari. How can you say his actions in season 3 contradict prior seasons when A. Yuuji never had a problem with Shana killing to protect the city in season 1 and B. The second he has the power to protect the city in season 2 he does this

I read that review years ago and it was dog shit then and so its dog shit now as far as im concerned so sorry didnt reread
Jun 22, 2020 4:42 PM

Jan 2020
Deknijff said:
K-Lye said:
Its not at odds with the character of Yuuji thats been established though
Its perfectly consistent. Did you even watch the 2 scenes I posted?
Yuuji from the very beginning has hated the idea of torches and people not being remembered when they die and fearing for the lives of his family and loved ones. All his actions in season 3 is to create a new world in which he doesn't have to fear that anymore after being so heavily emotionally scarred by seeing what happened to Yukari. How can you say his actions in season 3 contradict prior seasons when A. Yuuji never had a problem with Shana killing to protect the city in season 1 and B. The second he has the power to protect the city in season 2 he does this

I read that review years ago and it was dog shit then and so its dog shit now as far as im concerned so sorry didnt reread

Well you've clearly read a lot more into his character than can actually reasonably be explained but as I said I'm not here to convince you. You're entitled to your opinion. I (and clearly others) don't see a connection anymore than say Shana deciding from S3 to suddenly start procreating with Crimson Denizens because of some randomness like the 'balance' needed to be maintained the other way.
K-LyeJun 22, 2020 5:11 PM
Jun 22, 2020 4:53 PM

Oct 2013
K-Lye said:
Well you've clearly read a lot more into his character than can actually reasonably be explained
Yes Ive more heavily evaluated his character to fully grasp the progression of it so that I dont say these 2 are different characters with no similarities
K-Lye said:
I (and clearly others) don't see a connection anymore than say Shana deciding from S3 to suddenly start procreating with Crimson Denizens because of some randomness like the 'balance' needed to be maintained the other way.
I have no clue what you even mean here honestly

Jan 30, 2021 11:38 PM

Sep 2019
ya i agree this season is the worse,they introduced too many character at the same time and the show kinda gets bored lol

RazerkingJan 31, 2021 1:18 AM

"俺は海賊王になる男だ!!!"
Mar 8, 2021 5:13 PM

Dec 2017
I'm glad i watched all of this season, but it really was pretty forgettable up until episode 17. Felt like they just rushed it to get to the ending, and apparently a lot of s2 was filler
Objectivity? In my anime scoring? Of course not...
Jun 3, 2022 8:55 AM

Sep 2012
Best of shakugan no shana seasons

K-Lye said:
Ugh.. had to leave a comment here for posterity. I've watched a fair amount of anime but never one where the plot and characterization a prior seasons were so radically different they might have been from a parallel universe. After several stop-starts I finally managed to get through to the final episode and whilst minimally satisfying, I can't help but feel S3 might as well have been a whole different anime altogether.

There's a lot I could say that's been addressed in prior comments though I don't hate this anime. However mostly...

ppl change specially when they figure out what they want to do and/or can do to save their loved ones and/or world
Sugram22Jun 3, 2022 8:59 AM
Sep 6, 2022 5:22 AM
Oct 2021
It took me few days to watch S1-S2. It's been couple of weeks since I started S3. The story has become boring mess you want to fast forward so you can end your suffering. I'm baffled how the season has as high score it has.
Apr 6, 2023 2:46 AM
Jul 2009
The entire season could've been solved by characters clearly outlining their plans and talking over contested points, seeing how all parties pretty much share the same goal by the end of things. There, no one dies, everybody is happy. The whole thing is completely pointless from anything remotely mature of a perspective.
Jan 22, 10:13 AM

Oct 2018
It is suck. I only watched 12 eps yet and can tell it's suck.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Mar 23, 2012

480 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

184 by Jooshau »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 16, 2011

158 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 27, 2023 8:42 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 25, 2011

81 by GoldenPincers »»
Feb 9, 2023 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.