Forum Settings
Forums
New
Satisfied with the Ending?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 6, 2014 2:19 PM

Jan 2014
totally! but i have a WTF reaction to the other pairings... and I was left with a lot of questions... oh well... ill wait until spring for the spin-off series... new pairing BoltxSalada I guess.. :D
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Nov 6, 2014 2:25 PM

Mar 2012
Anyone notice the Straw Hat symbol on the last page?

This week's One Piece chapter also pay homage to Naruto.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Nov 6, 2014 2:26 PM

Apr 2011
Yes I was. Now was there flaws yes but still the story accomplished what it needed and that was Naruto becoming hokage and having a family and friends that care about him.
Nov 6, 2014 2:27 PM

Sep 2011
satisfied, maybe if it happened 10 years ago, but i am relieved to see it finally come to a close.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 6, 2014 2:28 PM
Oct 2014
the pairings felt so forced...

I can foresee so many abusive relationships coming into the future, pretty soon we'll need to call in marriage councelors and the police to stop all the wife beating.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2014 2:32 PM

Aug 2014
No, "satisfied" is the last word i'd use. The last chapter honestly felt like fanfiction. So, so many things left unexplained and unexplored, while others are just there to make people happy, and overall it felt extremely rushed. Supposedly we are to really believe it all just works out in the end, and that love just happens if you give it time. Most pairing fans probably think this is the best end ever...

What i'm most pissed off about is that Naruto didn't actually give an answer as to how to achieve world piece without violence. Wasn't that the main theme of this series? It just happened over time, pretty convenient. How are the Shinobi earning a living in peaceful times anyway?

Ch.700 wasn't really what i'd call a satisfying ending, or even a good ending, but eh... might as well give it a 5. Ch.699 was nice though, i didn't expect Naruto to keep Sasuke's headband all this time.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Nov 6, 2014 2:33 PM

May 2008
My reaction to last chapter
Nov 6, 2014 2:34 PM

Mar 2012
They actually should had ended at Chapter 699, tbh, thats the real ending.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Nov 6, 2014 2:41 PM

Nov 2014
If there is one thing I felt after reaching the end, I would say it was indifference.

The first part of Naruto was good anime. It built my expectations.
Which was a mistake, since Shippuden stomped on them, and then smirked at me.

It's clear Naruto is without a doubt, Kishimoto's wet dream, but the final part of Shippuden confirmed my biggest disappointment. That it was only his dream. It started off as ours too, the fans, but he decided to throw that away. Just like the character he was obsessed with.
Highly ironic ain't it, juxtaposed with the overarching theme of the show.

The last chapter of it is laughable at best, since it's clear everything on those pages was entirely based on the fans' screams. Highlighted, of course, with the author's ever so present trademark: lack of development.

The last chapter simply cannot be named the "Naruto ending".
It's simple fan fiction bait hook aimed at the blind fanbase who will continue to follow the eventual sequel.

...I find it amusing how everyone is expressing their disagreements over the implied relationship Sakura and Sasuke develop.
If anything, it's the most natural and consistent thing featured in the entire anime.
Finally, we have a portrayal of real social dynamics in the show.
Women are attracted to assholes. Their relationship, and how it develops over time is as realistic as it gets. Especially him leaving her to raise a kid on her own.

So, I suppose, applause to that...
MosesTransportsNov 6, 2014 3:03 PM
You'd be cocky as well if you were full of myself.
Nov 6, 2014 2:49 PM

Oct 2010
No.....it was awful. But the series has been a shadow of it's former self for a long ass time now and the final arc was just trash so I suppose I didn't actually expect that it would be good.

Now for the inevitable part 3 so Kishi/Shueisha can continue milking the franchise even more.
Nov 6, 2014 2:51 PM
Jul 2014
I am satisfied. And glad it ended up this way. If it's about Naruto and Hinata loove story, I can just wait for the movie.

But even then, I'm feeling so empty and confused. This manga was the true beginning for me, that's when I seriously began to read mangas. Reading its end, after all that time, the feeling for me is quite undescriptable. I don't know if I should smile, cry, not give a damn, do something...

But all in all, for me it's a good ending.
Nov 6, 2014 2:56 PM

Oct 2013
It was ok, I guess. I expected more informations though.
Nov 6, 2014 3:16 PM
Dec 2011
It was a terrible end. And all the kids looked downsized with wigs.
Nov 6, 2014 5:05 PM

Dec 2012
To celebrate the ending of Naruto, I'm going to drop out of university and marry my crush from 10 years ago. He should love me by now.
Nov 6, 2014 5:08 PM
Dec 2011
xorisa said:
To celebrate the ending of Naruto, I'm going to drop out of university and marry my crush from 10 years ago. He should love me by now.

HAHAH I think you gave him enough time I agree. ESPECIALLY if you didn't talk to him rarely he'll get your feel of love
Nov 6, 2014 6:02 PM

Oct 2010
xorisa said:

It's only true love if they beat and threatened to kill you multiple times.
Nov 6, 2014 6:14 PM

Mar 2008
Although the last arc was pretty bad, the last few chapters made up for it. The ending felt good, especially after reading Naruto for so long.
moonlightescapeNov 6, 2014 6:17 PM
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star." -Friedrich Nietzsche | Last.fm

Nov 6, 2014 6:34 PM
Nov 2008
Okay you will have to bear with me because I have no one to talk about this with and I'm about to explode. I don't even really want to consider chapter 700 as part of the ending of the Naruto series, as in part of the Akatsuki, World War, Sasuke plot.

I was more than happy with the series overall. Things were progressing well, but I think towards the end of the war it started to feel much too rushed. The Naruto Sasuke fight needed to happen, and it makes sense that it wasn't super drawn out because they were already at the end of their ropes. They had just finished fighting a war; so I understand that this couldn't have been a whole new arc by itself. Still, I'm greedy and I wish it was a bit longer. But I can understand that this just might be me being selfish.

However, chapter 699 was way too fast. I get that this is it, but there's just so much stuff that needed more attention that I hope maybe in a later publication we get to see. I sincerely think there needed to be more aftermath development. What happened to Tsunade, why did she step down as Hokage? What is the relation of the villages now? How have Naruto and Kakashi tried to start changing things as Naruto alludes to wanting to do?

There's just so much stuff we are just thrown into without knowing how we got there. That's why I have trouble truly enjoying the 700th chapter. It feels too random and fanfiction like. I think that's kinda what he meant it to be. It's not supposed to be a analyze this plot development chapter, so I will get over most of the random pairings and all these kids, but I have a ginormous problem with Sasuke and Sakura. It's not because I shipped them with other people, but I just feel like I can't see Sasuke loving her, and his character has not reached a level where he would have a kid with her. So to me, I feel like his character was thrown away there a little, and in some ways, and I really thought this with Sasuke narrating the last chapters and not Naruto, that Sasuke is as much of a main character as Naruto. So for his character to be kinda dismissed for the sake of a cute new family seems a little sad to me. I just feel like he would only have a kid for the sake of his clan. But would he really pick Sakura? Is she really that stupid that she would have a kid with him if he only was looking to reproduce. I seriously don't understand this pairing. At least the others are random, so I don't get it, but at least there's no reason to object. This on the other hand...

I'm sorry for rambling so long. I have so many feelings going on. I love this manga. It will always be number one in my heart, and it has definitely changed me. I am so sad that it is over and I'm still trying to get my thoughts together. I just wish we had more explanations and a little less rushing going on. I hope one day one-shots about the past are released. Like the war aftermath. When Naruto actually becomes hokage. When Kakashi becomes hokage. Also kinda like with Avatar the Last Airbender, I would have liked for there to be a direct sequel so we can see Aang in action. Similarly, I hope we can see Naruto in action as Hokage.

AHHHHH I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OVER. WHAT TO DO T.T
Nov 6, 2014 7:30 PM

Nov 2014
Generally speaking, given that this was a manga - and they sort of have a reputation for fairly abrupt cut-offs - I was largely satisfied with the ending. There was closure on all the really big-cheese issues - Naruto's Hokage ambition and the Reincarnation-Feud plotlines - and Sasuke's quasi-self-imposed exile. Though I wasn't quite sure what was with that "Just my impression" sequence at the very end.

Given the page limit Kishimoto had to work with, I'm not entirely surprised most of the extra sub-plots and/or characters didn't get much screen-time. Far too many characters and ideas to cover, so I think the "fill in the dots" approach was fine. Not entirely satisfactory, of course, as few things ever are, but definitely acceptable.

I've noticed a lot of comments about the absence of Orochimaru and/or Kabuto, but I actually thought it was again kind of okay. If anything, I preferred the ambiguity; it might have been weird if every single villain was either reformed or dead by the end of the series. And if it's not explicitly shown that he died/was imprisoned/turned into a "good guy", I think it's probably safe to infer that he's still out there doing his thing, even if there's no evidence for it. Leaves wiggle room for future shenanigans.

Re: the pairings issue. The NxH, SxS gig wasn't a deal-breaker. Though not super stressed on the matter, I find the former kind of cute, and even though I thought Sasuke probably should've copped a bit more of a penalty in the end (and super-weird that Sakura still liked him after, well, everything), the grumpy daughter kinda made up for it. The kids in general were also likeable, if obvious fan-service in the way they took after their parents.

If you're willing to look past a couple of drawbacks, it's a decent ending to a decent (if sometimes long-winded) manga.

Mark me satisfied.
Nov 6, 2014 7:41 PM
Jun 2013
LastChapter said:
The last chapter obviously had some wish fulfillment, pretty much making all the popular pairing canon. The time skip was guaranteed, but I liked how everyone was older. (Except Anko got fat...) To be honest, I couldn't ask for more since I didn't want the series to drag out any longer. Overall, I felt satisfied. Could it have been better? Perhaps, but I don't have any ideas as to how.

It would have been better if they explained how the overall word stands also wtf happened to orochimaru? He just vanished. Besides that I thought it was ok.
Nov 6, 2014 7:59 PM
Sep 2013
I mean, I'm alright with it. There's good and bad.
I feel some of the pairings came out of left field (Ino/Sai, Chouji/Whoever she was, Lee/whoever he was with).
Fat Anko was hilarious.
The kids look a bit... off? The designs seemed half-assed.
I mean, I'm all for NaruHina and all that, but the kids seem... eh...
Ino and Sai's kid looks like Sai with a ponytail.
Temari and Shikamaru's kid is Shikamaru with eyeliner.

Other things I had an issue with, what the hell happened to Orochimaru, Karin, Suigetsu, etc? What happened to the other members on Konohomaru's team? How did the popular ships become canon? Where did the technology come from? Why'd Tsunade and Kakashi step down? I was expecting a little more than just "Here's some pairings, and there's some offspring. See you next year."
Nov 6, 2014 8:31 PM

Feb 2012
Yeah, because he became Hokage!! <3 Although I would've liked a shorter time skip, I think the ending was pretty good. ^_^ Wish it could've been a little longer though. xD

Nov 6, 2014 8:53 PM

May 2012
Chanaynay said:
HikaruIzumi said:
SasuSaku should have been completely left out because I see no way how it could have happened after everything. It's a very unhealthy relationship.

In other words, for a manga that was constantly talking about how a change is necessary, spending the last chapter on shipping with literally no change seen anywhere is lazy writing.

This is one of my main problems with the ending. I can tolerate NaruHina because it was developed at least a little bit, but SasuSaku was so unhealthy throughout the whole manga and there was no healing process to cover it up. Sasuke literally just said "I'm sorry for everything" and that was that. Way too forced. They should have just stayed single (if Sakura wasn't going to get with Naruto at least).

They included a funeral scene for Neji but they didn't even show Lee/Tenten/Guy. Just Naruto and Hinata...which kind of upsets me because it further solidifies to me that his death was just a "bonding experience" for them since all Hinata thought about after he died was Naruto.

The only part of the ending that felt truly natural for me was the resolution between Naruto and Sasuke. Everything else basically went unchanged/not addressed with the exception of couples and children. So Kishimoto basically pulled a Digimon on us.
MadloyaxNov 6, 2014 9:42 PM
Nov 6, 2014 9:16 PM

Sep 2010
the ending was terrible. It felt like a bad fan fiction.

Rushed and filled with random parings, just to please some fans.

How did Kishi think that SasuSaku was a good idea, was laughable, and it only confirmed that sakura is the worst "heroine" in the history of fiction
Nov 6, 2014 9:26 PM

May 2014
I was satisfied of the ending
I want to see NaruHina moments and how they start dating,
but its really good there is not much better ending than this
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2014 9:36 PM

Jul 2010
"Homer:.....Marge, I'm confused. Is this a happy [Good] ending or a sad [Bad] ending?
Marge: It's an ending, that's enough." -The Simpsons Season 5 Episode 4:Rosebud

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on the ending.
Nov 6, 2014 9:39 PM

Nov 2013
-People released from IT show no disappointment after waking up from over 24 hour dream where their decreased loved ones were alive. This is just weak writing.
-Spiral Zetsu dies for no reason
-Tsunade makes Kakashi Hokage for no reason.
-No closure to Orochimaru, Kabuto, and many other characters.
-Sasuke didn't revive people who's deaths he partly caused by helping revive the Juubi. So he isn't truly redeemed in my eyes.
-SasuSaku is the easily the worst thing in this.

This was a bad ending. Just rushed.
Man_of_SinNov 6, 2014 9:59 PM
Nov 6, 2014 10:08 PM

Sep 2014
Personally I'd say yes.

I know there are quite a few unanswered questions - But then again that's obvious, if not there wouldn't be any material for the spin-off and the movie to milk.

I'd also say it was rushed, and probably rather forced with all the pairings out of nowhere (The only ones I can fully support are NaruHina and ShikaMari, although I do not object to ambiguity or lesser known characters like Rock Lee's case or Kiba. SakuSasu, Sai X ino, Chouji x whatshername? were definitely too forced for my liking)

But none of that mattered to me much because my ship has sailed!~ (No, seriously, NaruHina was the most satisfying ship since I started following the series 10 years ago.) Ever since the imho sharp decline in quality since the war began, this was probably the single most satisfying event in the entire manga.

I just wish we had more naruhina moments, but that's what the movie is for I guess. Also, Kishi probably had this ship planned for ages, so I'm satisfied with the direction he took it. Just maybe not the execution.
Nov 6, 2014 10:22 PM

Jan 2013
I liked Chapter 699, 700 I'm neutral though.

I don't think Kakashi should had been made Hokage, not so soon anyways.

At least Naruto and Sasuke kind of sorted things out. It's not a bad move for Sasuke to travel a bit.

I would had been just fine with Sasuke and Sakura "making up".

I support/don't mind the ships that were made canon but I also feel Kishimoto was a bit too focused on confirming them and their children than anything else. A few felt forced imo, and with some others it seemed like Kishimoto "caved in".

Time skips are alright and I didn't dislike this one but it also didn't really reveal much important stuff or have a huge impact, it would had a nicer effect ending at 699.
Nov 6, 2014 10:53 PM

Jan 2014
the last movie explains that the NaruHina pairing is not a force one and so is the Shikamari pairing cause it's been obvious... but for the other pairings you can say it's force due to the large amount of time skip... each relationship wasn't shown any back round stories on how they hook-up...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Nov 6, 2014 11:26 PM

Feb 2010
I'm satisfied with it, though I think it's pretty lame that Sasuke never really had to face up to his actions.
Nov 6, 2014 11:28 PM

Jan 2009
it felt like a fan fiction so no. i liked Naruto overall though.
Nov 6, 2014 11:31 PM

Feb 2013
I wo'nt be satisfied until I get a Spin-off about Choji and the chick he married (that would make one heck of a story)
Nov 7, 2014 12:09 AM
May 2013
Glorified fanfic =/= ending
It looks like Kishimoto just gave up and threw the towel in because he was terrified by the rabid fanboys/girls or maybe he was convinced to make the naruhina ending by the crew of Studio Pierott
Nov 7, 2014 6:17 AM

Aug 2014
To be honest, no. I've been following Naruto for a decade and I'm very disappointed with how things ended.

I align myself mainly as a fan with no ships, so I was upset to see that the ending consisted of EVERYONE (practically) getting married and having kids especially without any development on these pairings.

I know that a lot of other fans would've preferred an open ending, too. I think the only thing we can all agree on that was good was that Naruto became the Hokage.

It was obvious this chapter was rushed, but the couples are downright ridiculous, and, unfortunately, irreversible.

I felt that Kishimoto was trying to make an ending that he thought would please the majority of fans (based on polls for the pairings). I don't think Kishi himself wanted his manga to end like this and just accepted this ending because he didn't want to let his supporters down. While this is sweet of him in a sense, he effectively threw lots of development out the window in support of nonsensical romance and blatant plotholes.

Not to mention the fact that Naruto and Sasuke's complete disregard for their children was deeply upsetting, as they should be the ones to understand their children's loneliness better than anyone.

Naruto will always be my favorite anime/manga, but I find myself not looking forward to the new manga series OR the last movie. I don’t care how either of these new adaptations will try to “justify” and “provide evidence” to the ships. A one hour movie that may span years in the Naruto-realm won’t satisfy 15 years of no REAL development in the human world. You can't just pour time on a story to solve every problem.

I honestly don't think many people aside from the shippers are satisfied with this ending, and not even they are entirely satisfied.

I feel cheated and it will take me several weeks to accept this.
chiibisukeNov 7, 2014 6:44 AM
as e m p t y as the space between stars✦

Nov 7, 2014 7:03 AM

Apr 2008
I liked the ending, however I voted no, because the ending seemed a little bit rushed and there where a lot of questions and issues left unanswered. I would have liked it more if there had been more chapters, more explanations.
Nov 7, 2014 8:08 AM
Jul 2018
Overall no, I mean I liked seeing a glimpse of what happened later (Especially Asuma and Kurenai's kid) but the whole forgiving Sasuke even though he's an insane sociopath just because he's my friend and blah blah blah is so stupid and disappointing, there shouldnt have been a future where Sasuke was accepted and forgiven, I completely lost any shred of respect I had for Kishimoto. I actually expected a better ending to one of my favourites.
Nov 7, 2014 9:21 AM
Jul 2011
Satisfied that it ended? Yes. Glad it's finally over.
Satisfied with the actual ending chapter? I'm somewhere between neutral and no if I had to judge the chapter vs. time invested and rewarding that but at this point I don't care much anymore. Maybe in an earlier time.

An example of a good satisfying shounen ending for me would be Fullmetal Alchemist. That's how you warp up a shounen series.
Nov 7, 2014 2:00 PM
Nov 2008
Reading some other posts, one of the things that struck me most was someone bringing the point up of Kishimoto himself not liking the ending that much, but just doing it for the fans. And I think there could be some truth to this. It makes sense that he would want to simply gift the fans with something, but it makes me think, if he's happy with the way it ended. The manga industry really takes a lot of control away from the author if you compare it with a book. I wonder if when he thought of Naruto ending he thought of something so different. Or if it was just chapter 699 with Sasuke leaving, and maybe a scene with Naruto's face on the Hokage wall. I really wish we could know if Kishimoto was to redo this series with all the time in the world, what he would change
Nov 7, 2014 2:43 PM

Apr 2013
Too much forced pairing (I mean seriously Sai and Ino, Choji and karui) so it's a No for me
Nov 7, 2014 8:32 PM

Nov 2013
ccdewa said:
Too much forced pairing (I mean seriously Sai and Ino, Choji and karui) so it's a No for me

Sai and Ino isn't forced. They had a moment in earlier part 2.
Nov 7, 2014 8:38 PM

Oct 2014
ccdewa said:

>Timeskip that contained about 1/3rd of all characters' lives
>"forced"

Sorry, but the purpose of timeskips are not always just power ups. In this case it was "stuff happened and in the end, those people ended up together".
Nov 8, 2014 2:32 AM

Jul 2013
Grey-Zone said:
ccdewa said:

>Timeskip that contained about 1/3rd of all characters' lives
>"forced"

Sorry, but the purpose of timeskips are not always just power ups. In this case it was "stuff happened and in the end, those people ended up together".

Yep, the timeskip is obviously longer than all of the events that happened in the manga so anything can happen. Or do we need a spin-off for each pairings just to make them seems less forced? (Could be what the short collections next year is all about lol)

Nov 8, 2014 2:56 AM
May 2009
I was almost completely satisfied. I'm surprised with so much I enjoy the final chapter.
Tenten said the world have more peace now... Breaking the ninja system in the society would be nice, but a little lame too, so this way worked.

What I don't liked :

--> Kakashi becoming Hokage is stupid.

-->Why don't show who's the 8º ? I would like so much if Naruto take over to Sasuke or his daughter in the FUTURE because, even I that don't like the Uchiha family at all, it's fair that Konoha give power for Uchiha sometime in story.
Konoha's Kage's are just Senju (one part of the initial society) and in a master->student cycle that is very.... doubtfull. Itachi assuming would made the story completely different.
------------

I loved the pairing stuff, the kids, the happiness.
Naruto Hokage was looking so great...
I missed a last team 7 picture with them older too, but this is a minor thing.
Nov 8, 2014 5:24 AM

Aug 2012
After 15 years at last it over for good, thank Kishi for gave us Naruto
Nov 8, 2014 5:50 AM

Mar 2013
LOL I was thinking about something...

Think a sec about this happy ending:
Hinata and Naruto walking together with their two kids at night.
Hinata and Naruto look at each other, and then they look at the the moon..
The last page of Naruto is: THE END.

[spoiler]

hahaha that would be glorious. Think with me... ALL THIS FORCED PAIRINGS, Sasuke marying Sakura, Naruto the hokage, EVERYONE IS HAPPY.
Maybe Madara reached his goal! MUhahahahahaha
_junoNov 8, 2014 5:59 AM
Nov 8, 2014 8:27 PM

Oct 2011
julyachan said:
LOL I was thinking about something...

Think a sec about this happy ending:
Hinata and Naruto walking together with their two kids at night.
Hinata and Naruto look at each other, and then they look at the the moon..
The last page of Naruto is: THE END.

[spoiler]

hahaha that would be glorious. Think with me... ALL THIS FORCED PAIRINGS, Sasuke marying Sakura, Naruto the hokage, EVERYONE IS HAPPY.
Maybe Madara reached his goal! MUhahahahahaha

Madara's plan succeded OMG
Nov 8, 2014 8:34 PM

Aug 2014
Chose neutral
I was happy with Naruto being the Hokage but somehow marriage was portrayed as closure LOL

Imagine Nagato seeing this ending.
Nov 9, 2014 12:38 AM
Oct 2014
Naruto and Love Hina have the shittiest endings ever.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.