Forum Settings
Forums
Fuuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 21, 2014 1:51 PM

Jul 2014
Damn it SEO! I was so upset I just threw my phone down. We know there was gonna be a twist but why this!? WHY!? *Cries in Pillow*
"My Glasses Ain't Broken. Amen, Hallelujah, Peanut Butter."
Oct 21, 2014 2:15 PM
Apr 2014
What just happened? Are you... kidding.. me?
Oct 21, 2014 2:31 PM

Jan 2013
Oh yeah, btw, I wonder how Seo's twitter is doing :3
Oct 21, 2014 2:33 PM

Jul 2010
What about the possibility of Fuuka becoming like Ayu from Kanon or Fuko from Clannad? Her winged form that we saw all the way back in chapter 4 (I think) could roam around with Yuu, making sure that he stays faithful as he and the band become big stars and her body lies in a coma.

I don't see this story ending until Fuuka makes her debut performance on the Budokan stage, so I don't think she will die.
Oct 21, 2014 2:54 PM

Feb 2013
WTF SEO. So that was your next move, eh?

Quoting the guys, "SEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

I'm shocked.
Oct 21, 2014 2:55 PM

Aug 2011
My kokoro went from dokidoki to broken ;_;
Oct 21, 2014 3:09 PM

Jun 2011
From the time I read the first page I knew something like that would've happened.
Everything's going real good for them and then BAM, insert tragedy here.
Oct 21, 2014 3:20 PM

Dec 2012
Yo wtf----- QAQ
Oct 21, 2014 3:38 PM

Feb 2013
Predictable from the beginning of the chapter until the end. Worst move the author could have done.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Oct 21, 2014 3:46 PM

Jul 2014
God Damnit Seo...
Oct 21, 2014 3:48 PM

Sep 2013
Hahaha troll seo 4/10
Oct 21, 2014 3:55 PM

Jan 2013
Looks like Seo is trying to avoid repeating the last chapters of KNIM XD
Oct 21, 2014 4:10 PM
Oct 2012
Maybe this chapter is a nightmare/dream or premonition one of the character is experiencing.
Oct 21, 2014 5:46 PM

Aug 2012
God dam well ok...she better not lose her memory.
Oct 21, 2014 6:29 PM
Jan 2014
That was shocking as fuck.... I dint expect shit to go down so quickly.

I can now see 2 possible scenarios:

1. She gets stuck in a coma to wake up without memories... Its more possible to deal with this.

And the worst:

2. She somehow survives, no coma. but during the operation the intubation screws up her vocal cords and she losses ability to sing, and has to deal with the fact that Yuu is succeeding.

Even if its fucked up, i can see Seo Sensei taking this route.... I dont know i feel so empty right now, ill cry for a bit and come back later
Oct 21, 2014 6:45 PM

Jul 2010
Re-reading the chapter, over and over because I am some sort of masochist that wants to feel the pain of watching my favorite character in a currently running manga get hit by a freaking semi-truck, I am almost 100% positive that Fuuka is not dead. Indeed, I don't think she is even unconscious. If she were, her hand would have relaxed and wouldn't still be grasping the cell phone charm. I suppose if she died instantly ... but no, I think her muscles would still have relaxed when she lost consciousness.

So I think she is just lying there, fighting for consciousness, bleeding profusely from a head wound. You'll notice that there is no blood below the neck. Head wounds bleed really badly, and I think Seo over did the blood for impact.

We'll know in a week, but man... what a twist. It might be a cliche that is over used, but he pulled it out in a shocking fashion. I don't think anyone expected this kind of development, though it was clear that things were going "too well" for the young lovers.

Now we know that Yuu is just as impressive as Fuuka when it comes to musical ability, so I can't wait for them to do some duets when she is all better...

Oh, and she needs to get a cell phone! I expect that Yuu will buy her one, even if it against her will. It will probably cause a major fight and she'll probably break his and her new one before she finally gives in. LOL
Oct 21, 2014 7:59 PM

Mar 2014
FUUKAAAAAAAAA NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I knew it! I knew it!!! The plot was going too smoothly! But WHYYYY!! I hope she doesnt die. Im sure she wont but still..
Possible outcomes:
- Fuuka goes into a coma
- She loses her memory
- She can't sing anymore due to some problem after the accident
- She's perfectly fine just a bit of blood loss (in which case we were probably trolled)
- She dies (hope not)

Ahhhhh Yuu better be by her side all the way >_< though i doubt it after reading Suzuka and KNIM
If anime characters were real, i'd probably be the happiest person alive! Or just dead.... ^_^

Oct 21, 2014 9:20 PM

Apr 2010
I can feel that this will go to the amnesia track of story
Oct 21, 2014 9:21 PM
Mar 2013
Paralyzed? Dead?

Its called Fuuka soooo.......

We'll see how this plays out.
Oct 21, 2014 10:47 PM

Dec 2008
like many have said:

- Hopefully no memory loss

- don't like the idea of coma either

- though I don't like 'miraculous recoveries' I kinda of hope something like that to happen, though I don't believe in one...that would kinda make the whole tragedy accident almost completely pointless.

- but seriously though...WTF! too soon, too tragic, too much blood....seriously with that amount of blood near her head if she stays alive it's just not reasonable. this ain't no shonen battle manga for crying out loud where you can get your head chopped of and still make miraculous comeback because someone puts it back on your neck

- sure I forget something important but still, this won't probably reult in anything good.
Oct 21, 2014 11:51 PM

Jul 2013

That escalated too quickly.

Last week they're all lovey-dovey and now.. -_-

If she becomes a ghost and only Yuu-kun can see her I'm gonna riot.
"Google is your friend.."
Oct 22, 2014 1:34 AM

Jul 2012
HOLY SHIT!!!! She can't die though, she is the MAIN CHARACTER!!!!!

Great chapter!!!
Oct 22, 2014 1:37 AM

Jan 2014
finally! Seo sensei is showing his true colors... totally hate the story development... this chapter sucks donkey ass...

1/5
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Oct 22, 2014 2:17 AM
Oct 2014
Well in the last few chapters, Seo has been showcasing his characters as musicians pretty strongly and the band is performing in this chapter. I don't know but he may be pointing to a progression in Fuuka's musicianship. If she doesn't die it's hard to believe shes going to have the same athleticism she used to carry and as a result can fully dedicate her time to music without the pressure to follow in her parents footsteps. On the other hand I think her losing her voice is more probable though, cause Yuu has been developing musically a lot lately. These steps have been so ominous (kinda like a keychain), and as much as Yuu developing is great to watch, PLZ DON'T TAKE AWAY FUUKAS VOICE. In any case sleeping's going to be hard this week
Oct 22, 2014 2:26 AM

Oct 2013
I hope she doesn't end up in a wheelchar though... :(
Oct 22, 2014 4:39 AM
Feb 2014
I knew something was coming, sooner or later but I kept reading, god dammit, GOD DAMMIT!

SEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Oct 22, 2014 4:55 AM

Jul 2011
Had a bad feeling since the start of the chapter with not even a single interior monologue coming from Fuuka.

This just confirms that there really were two geniuses in their band like the one mentioned a few chapters back.

I can see a possible timeskip next chapter. With Fuuka in a coma or under rehab. Possibly losing her ability to sing. Would really hate it if she gets an amnesia out of this.

By the way, this just reminded me of how Suzuka's first love died. It was also in a traffic accident. Seo really loves those probably something to do with what happened to him in the past.

Also the name of their band "Fallen Moon", was that supposed to be some sort of foreshadowing to this event?
RapostropheOct 22, 2014 5:01 AM
Oct 22, 2014 5:04 AM

Feb 2007
Remember what I said last chapter?

luinthoron said:
Ah, how nice it would be if it could just end here like this...

Didn't expect it to be this bad or it to happen this quickly, but yeah, I was clearly right...
Oct 22, 2014 6:56 AM
Apr 2013
So much trolling, so I will to:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Done ;D
Oct 22, 2014 6:58 AM

Jul 2010
infinitymonkey said:
Had a bad feeling since the start of the chapter with not even a single interior monologue coming from Fuuka.

This just confirms that there really were two geniuses in their band like the one mentioned a few chapters back.

I can see a possible timeskip next chapter. With Fuuka in a coma or under rehab. Possibly losing her ability to sing. Would really hate it if she gets an amnesia out of this.

By the way, this just reminded me of how Suzuka's first love died. It was also in a traffic accident. Seo really loves those probably something to do with what happened to him in the past.

Also the name of their band "Fallen Moon", was that supposed to be some sort of foreshadowing to this event?

I re-read the manga from chapter one last night and when I got to the chapter where they named the band and one of the band members jokingly called Fuuka "The Fallen", I nearly cried. It seems there was lots of foreshadowing of this type of event that most of us had totally missed.

[I say most because I'm sure someone will say they saw this coming and there is no way to prove it one way or the other, but I'm relatively positive that most people were totally blown away by this development, cliche and over-used as it is... I guess that is what is called making good use of your tropes. If the cliche shocks people, it isn't really a cliche in that case, is it?]

Here's my "day two" gut feeling on how things will play out...

1. Fuuka will survive, but may spend some time in a coma (with a possible spectral visit to Yuu.)
-- I don't think she will be in a coma, since I don't think she is even unconscious. See my earlier post for details

2. Fuuka will have a rough road to recovery, which will most likely involve physical handicaps of some sort and possibly a problem with either her singing voice or with ability to remember lyrics, due to the head injury. Or possibly, if Seo is really up on current medical trends, problems with post concussion syndrome which makes her unable to perform due to headaches and bouts of dizziness that would be exacerbated by stage lights. This would lead to some serious depression problems for our tsundere heroine, with very likely relationship problems resulting from her inability to do what she wants while her boyfriend is being lauded as a genius in his own right and is pushed into a showbiz career,whether he wants to do it or not.

3. Fuuka will push Yuu away and, possibly, into the arms of another woman. This will be a result of her injuries and her overall anger at the situation. She may do it "for his own good" or she may convince herself that she needs to do this on her own and push him away so his kindness doesn't get in the way of her selfish need to recover on her own.

4. Their love for each other will win out in the end and the two of them will perform together on the Budokan stage, probably with Sera-sempai on guitar and Makasa on keyboards, maybe Nachi sempai will still be playing the drums, but they could easily introduce a new character by having him give up on music when he goes off to college. (Maybe a bisexual male drummer to serve as a romantic interest for Mikasa and a romantic rival for Yuu? Then again, maybe Nachi-sempai is really gay or bi himself and would fit the bill... Though I don't see Fuuka ever being interested in him, Sera-sempai and he could develop a relationship in the aftermath of the main couple getting back together or something like that...)

Of course, this is all rampant speculation and she could be dead and this could all be blown out of the water... sigh... a week seems so long when you're waiting to find out the fate of a loved one... (Yes, I love that character... I've known her since she was a baby! She's like a favorite niece to me... sue me!)
Oct 22, 2014 6:58 AM

Jun 2013
People complain they don't like what Seo did... well shit he's the writer, his work, his choice damn, this is where all the hate and the absurd comments will come.
Oct 22, 2014 7:59 AM

Jul 2010
j0ker said:
People complain they don't like what Seo did... well shit he's the writer, his work, his choice damn, this is where all the hate and the absurd comments will come.

If there is one thing that is definitely true about Seo, it is that he is capable of creating characters that people care enough for to rage about the nasty things he does to them. That says a lot about him as a writer, don't you think? People wouldn't get so angry about the horrible things that happen to his characters if he didn't create them well and make you care about them in the first place, one way or another.

(spoiler block about earlier works that are not directly related to the chapter or manga series at hand...)

The point of this rant is that his writing creates characters that people care about, one way or another, to the extent that when bad things happen to them it generates anger and sadness to the point that people rage about it and hate it so much that they feel the need to vent.

That is impressive writing.

That said, I will really be mad if Fuuka is dead. (Though if she becomes some sort of ghost that haunts Yuu in a tsundere manner, that may be funnier than hell... hmmmm maybe a bad choice of words there...)

In any event, I have found Fuuka, the manga, to be some of Seo's best work yet and Fuuka the character to be my favorite of his heroines. He is never nice to his heroines. In fact, you could say that he is always a complete and total jerk where his heroines are involved, while his main male characters are the opposite: kind to a fault in most cases. Though they are not always capable of being kind to everyone, since kindness to the one they care for the most usually involves hurting someone else. That is, sadly, the way life works... Anybody that has ever broken up with someone should recognize that as true. If you are one of the unfortunate souls who has only ever been on the receiving end of breakups, you may not appreciate the pain that the main characters go through in those situations. I'll admit that I only have one experience being the "dumper" and several unfortunate turns on the other side of that coin, but that one time was enough to make me appreciate how well Seo writes those situations...
Oct 22, 2014 8:31 AM
Dec 2013
zensunni said:
j0ker said:

If there is one thing that is definitely true about Seo, it is that he is capable of creating characters that people care enough for to rage about the nasty things he does to them. That says a lot about him as a writer, don't you think? People wouldn't get so angry about the horrible things that happen to his characters if he didn't create them well and make you care about them in the first place, one way or another.

(spoiler block about earlier works that are not directly related to the chapter or manga series at hand...)

The point of this rant is that his writing creates characters that people care about, one way or another, to the extent that when bad things happen to them it generates anger and sadness to the point that people rage about it and hate it so much that they feel the need to vent.

That said, I will really be mad if Fuuka is dead. (Though if she becomes some sort of ghost that haunts Yuu in a tsundere manner, that may be funnier than hell... hmmmm maybe a bad choice of words there...)

In any event, I have found Fuuka, the manga, to be some of Seo's best work yet and Fuuka the character to be my favorite of his heroines. He is never nice to his heroines. In fact, you could say that he is always a complete and total jerk where his heroines are involved, while his main male characters are the opposite: kind to a fault in most cases. Though they are not always capable of being kind to everyone, since kindness to the one they care for the most usually involves hurting someone else. That is, sadly, the way life works... Anybody that has ever broken up with someone should recognize that as true. If you are one of the unfortunate souls who has only ever been on the receiving end of breakups, you may not appreciate the pain that the main characters go through in those situations. I'll admit that I only have one experience being the "dumper" and several unfortunate turns on the other side of that coin, but that one time was enough to make me appreciate how well Seo writes those situations...

the funny thing is when haruto and yuzuki break up i really wanted yuzuki to die either by the same disease aor something surprising like getting hit by a vehicle and something so ironic happen today in fuuka and i really loved her more than yuzuki. she's really less of a pain. but damn, despite my gripes with yuzuki i would totally feel bad to see her in that way.
Oct 22, 2014 9:00 AM

Aug 2012
Well... damn. Putting aside the expected yet unexpected Seo-drama that happened, this tragedy feels veeeerrrrry out of of place. Why Seo why! I don't like Fukka at all, but woooow.

ChoiDalDal said:
Kimi ga nozomu eien anyone ?

I hope not. Please. Just.. Don't.
Oct 22, 2014 11:55 AM

Sep 2011
Holy sh... I'm in shock...

I felt we were going down the classic love triangle drama trope. But Seo... damn, you just hit us all with a truck T-T
I hope he didn't outright do anything really bad to my favorite Seo-made female character.
Oct 22, 2014 1:16 PM

Mar 2008
Seo definitely strikes again on this series, oh gaaaawd, it was going so well... but no.. it needs drama xD
Oct 22, 2014 4:05 PM
Feb 2010
Everyone called it; it was time for some Seo-drama. Ugh.
Oct 22, 2014 7:48 PM
Nov 2011
My only thought was "Well, shit happens". And that's it. Seriously. The reader-character connection is so weak atm that it doesn't bother me if she died or not, frankly speaking. It's too early to kill or try to kill anyone to get my empathy, Seo. You missed.

Dead or not? Well, if we're speaking about reality then cars won't start like F1 racecars right after redlight to hit someone to death. But that blood... Basically that was all that she had. So I give +1 to death route. We'll see. As I said earlier I don't really care. It just could be much more interesting that way.
Oct 22, 2014 10:36 PM
Jul 2012
Judging from what the author put in the manga "see you next week" it means that the updates are weekly right? I hope so! After reading Suzuka I wondered what else to read. So glad that there was Fuuka to read!

Oh no! She gets hit by a truck. Judging from what happened she could go into a coma. Or die!? But there would be no point in making here the mc of the story then. Yu is undoubtedly going to blame himself for the accident and be all depressed. While Koyuki and/or Sara try to get in on him.
Oct 23, 2014 12:35 AM

Oct 2009
Aaaaand the drama begins!
Oct 23, 2014 12:39 AM

Jan 2013
zensunni said:
j0ker said:

^Pretty much this, and also, that he has the guts to do things differently from the other mangas that go all the same way.
Even if he repeated the formula that he used on Suzuka on KnIM.
Oct 23, 2014 1:00 AM

Jan 2014
TSM_Flux said:
God Damnit Seo...

this made my day :)
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Oct 23, 2014 6:07 AM
Jul 2018
Man, I don't like the way this is going. I just can't see a likable direction the manga can take from this point. If she dies (most unlikely situation in my opinion) it would make absolutely no sense for the plot. They haven't been dating long enough for any real emotional attachment. If she has memory loss and we get a kimi ha nozomu ein situation I'll be really annoyed. But if she's fine then it would just be empty drama.

The only thing I can see working is if the accident has resulted in her voice being damaged and she losses her singing ability. You could than have drama as she grows to resent Yuu as the bands new singer. At least it would be a little different for Seo. I can't remember Suzuka having jealousy over their athletic ability in the plot.
Oct 23, 2014 7:24 AM

Jul 2010
Here's hoping that the plethora of death flags in this chapter were all just Seo being the troll he is and not actually signalling her death... (I still say she wouldn't be holding onto the cellphone charm if she was dead... Her grip would have loosened... That is what I believe and I'm sticking to it... Even if she is a ghost next week. LOL!)
jjrocks24 said:
Judging from what the author put in the manga "see you next week" it means that the updates are weekly right? I hope so! After reading Suzuka I wondered what else to read. So glad that there was Fuuka to read!

Yes, it is published every Tuesday in Kodansha's Shounen Weekly Magazine. (or Shounen Magazine (Weekly) as the MAL link says...) It is also simulpubbed on Crunchyroll manga each Tuesday evening at 6pm Central Time. Don't know if that will change when Daylight Savings Time is over...

It is great having legal access to one of my favorite manga on the day of publication in Japan... (Which doesn't mean that I don't check out the scanlation of it and read the spoiler threads ahead of time, too... I don't have that much patience. LOL)
zensunniOct 23, 2014 7:29 AM
Oct 23, 2014 8:43 AM
Nov 2013
Well I guess this was foreshadowed way before the manga even started with the supernatural tag....knew it will come back to bite us.
Probably a lover ghost story?
AND even though shows like to portray death when someone release their hand ,i sure that instead rigor mortis kicks in and your hand contract I think...
Oct 23, 2014 1:27 PM
Jun 2014
I hope she isn't dead but...if she is

They already named the band after her, this could be a catalyst for the band members and inspire their music reflecting on the death of Fuuka, their bands namesake. Similar to how Kiyoki says a few times now all of her music is inspired by their childhood meetings and her love of Nico-kun this would end up being their inspiration to write original music (as opposed to the covers they are doing now)

I don't want her to pass but if she did, I could see potential for some excellent drama, that said I worry it's going to be memory loss/coma type thing as others are suggesting.

Edit: Regarding rigor mortis, I believe it takes about 24 hours to completely take hold, assuming that shot is immediately after she is hit it couldn't be rigor mortis
Hixt63Oct 23, 2014 1:31 PM
Oct 23, 2014 1:37 PM

Oct 2013
I really hoped this manga would be more like Seos other work 'Love Plus: Rinko Days'. No forced drama, but a decent and nice story.
Now let's see which path the author will follow...
Oct 24, 2014 5:05 AM

Sep 2011
......FK. I actually think this development is waay ~better~ than other shit that Seo could come up with. And I don't even like Fuuka that much but FAK U MAN.
Oct 24, 2014 11:52 AM

Feb 2013
I had problems with this manga until I read this chapter. The story was really empty and meaningless, I was really bored reading each chapter. After I read this chapter, I was suprised because I thought Fuuka would go slice of life, happy and such but didn't happen. Even though I liked the character Fuuka I wasn't completely sad because of that particular event *ehem* Spoilers *ehem*. We're finally seeing some story (maybe a tragedy or drama, maybe both) I hope this series won't do the mistakes Kimi no Iru Machi did (KnIM was pretty shit IMO)

This chapter gets a 8.76/10
The series overall gets a 6.92/10 (currently)

[By the way, dont ask me how did I managed to give it a decimal point. I sat down and think about it for an hour or something.]
Oct 25, 2014 10:34 AM

Jan 2008
I was feeling kind of depressed recently so I started reading this thinking well it's gonna be a nice romance story and it's gonna get wind back into my wings. If only I fuckin knew who Seo is...

And yeah I can only see two possible scenarios - either an amnesia or coma. And I hate both prospects.
I think it would be really awkward if she died and yet the manga is named after her (allmost but still) - it would feel teribly out of place then. But what the hell do I know...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» what seo had to say about the future of Fuuka

Spider-titan55 - Feb 18, 2015

21 by ersdtrycgh »»
Sep 29, 2022 8:13 AM

Poll: » Fuuka Chapter 184 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2018

10 by HectorBlaze »»
Apr 20, 2022 4:55 AM

Poll: » Fuuka Chapter 195 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

37 by Stargazingx »»
Mar 12, 2022 3:52 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Karoshi- - Feb 8, 2014

111 by daywithoutgames »»
Mar 8, 2022 11:56 AM

» how related is fuuka and suzuka

PremiumCascade - Nov 30, 2014

12 by efbaei »»
Jul 14, 2021 12:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.