Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
May 6, 2019 1:10 PM
Jul 2013
The rescue party making it just in time was utterly predictable, but everything else wasn't.
Powerful and moving episode. The saviour needs to be saved himself. Hard to tell what's going to happen, but it looks like things will get better.
May 11, 2019 9:40 PM
Jul 2011
I'm glad they didn't jump. My heart wasn't ready when he slipped, i was like no No NO NOOO!!!
Jun 26, 2019 5:49 AM
Apr 2018
This episode was nice
For those who want to end their lives, absolutely there are at least one person care about you
At the end all of Satou, hitomi and the others find that person
But I don't know If i should cry or laugh at the end hahaha when satou want to die and then he wont and started to cry lol
Aug 15, 2019 1:44 AM
Mar 2019
The new ED song was way better than the old one,
way more.... enjoyable
Dec 16, 2019 3:28 AM

Dec 2018
This was intense. I am glad that they themselves figured out that what they are doing is stupid, it spreads the right message. But still, most people do have the loneliness epidemic, especially Hitomi and Sato, so them hearing from Jogasaki, Misaki and Yamazaki were great. The crying at the end really hit hard because I've had those moments of realization after some hardship where I just let everything out.
Dec 24, 2019 5:03 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Man, I'm glad I'm seeing this show when I'm a solid, established part of my life with job, family and overall wellbeing. Had I watched this when I was single and unemployed it would have hiit really, really hard.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 7, 2020 4:26 AM

Oct 2019
When i first hear the OP of this episode, i feel something missing because there is no trumpet melody. And after i know what is this offline meeting about, it become so much deep and dramatic.

Not gonna lie i had jumpscare when Sato fell off the cliff
Jan 23, 2020 2:34 AM
Aug 2018
Satou has stated that he doesn’t want to live but dying is a pain so he chose to “disappear” with Hitomi. Originally he intended to start a new life with her, but when that plan went bust I think the fact he basically went “screw it” fits his character. As proven by every other time he’s created misunderstandings, he tends to just go with them and this situation was no exception. Maybe to some people it’s ridiculous that he let himself get swept up to the point he almost died, but he was extremely bitter at life in the first place (even more so when his restart life plan failed) and he had all these other people around him thinking its a good idea. Mob mentality is a scary thing.
As someone who’s been in similar mental states, this episode was kinda hard to watch. I’m glad that all of them came out of this situation in one piece.
Feb 1, 2020 5:55 AM

Mar 2016
The OP got a slight change, an instrument is replaced with another from what I can tell, and there's a totally new ED which is more beautiful/sorrowful than the one before, ofc, the older ED is more unique.

This ep is the darkest ep so far, yet- It's also somewhat made in a way that there's a slimmer of comedy in it.

Misaki's true intention is finally revealed, he sees herself in Sato, not out of a simple empathy, but because she considers herself someone of a reject like Sato is now. Hmmmn, intriguing... She might blame herself almost making Sato commit suicide since Yamazaki is being so blunt to as why Misaki did what she did. But honestly, Yamazaki is right, without her intention, it does seem as if Misaki only treat Sato out of pity, annoying and irritating Sato all she could when actually, that's not how Misaki thinks of it.

I knew that the suicide will be foiled someway, but I'm glad it's not because 3 people on a boat miraculously managed to change everyone's fates here as in a fairy tale. THEY themselves stopped each other from committing suicide, aside from Hitomi. Welp... That just made Sato actually wanted to die, which I could somewhat relate to. The feelings of being saved by your acquaintances after the actions you've committed/about to commit are the worst ever. And then SLIP!

I doubt Sato will die, even when he slipped. But I instinctively thought about: How he slipped and lost his memory or become paralysed or something and then having a psychological battle with his NHK delusions in his comatose state and then waking up, reborn, a new Sato, one that appreciates his life and is determined to change his life... But no, he was saved. Still, what Yamazaki said is very impactful...

"A dramatic death just isn't fitting for us..."
Mar 20, 2020 8:40 PM
Apr 2019
I couldn't stop crying even if I want
Mar 21, 2020 9:00 PM

Oct 2013
Such a powerful episode! Suicide is never a solution. Good that Satou understood it in the end, however I was surprised he - after being so much against it - had a moment in which he wanted to jump down that cliff not even with everyone else, but alone.

Misaki's speech was kinda awkward. So she has very low self-esteem and is a stalker? After Hitomi accepted her boyfriend's proposal, then Misaki is a perfect partner for Satous. Or maybe she was from the very begining, but not much information about her was revealed? At first I thought that Hitomi could've been perfect for Satou, lol.

Too bad Yamazaki did not add a line to his own speech with something about rushing Satou to finish and polish the scenario for their game. ;pp That would've been hilarious, lol. Although the mood would've been kinda ruined.

One thing confused me... In another anime, "Mousou Dairirin", there was also a group of people who wanted to commit suicide together and met themselves on a dedicated chat. Is that kind of phenomenon of groups of people wanting to end their lives somehow a problem in Japan, or is it just fictional idea to fit certain part of anime's story?
Apr 11, 2020 10:45 PM

Sep 2014
kierwhin said:
The new ED song was way better than the old one,
way more.... enjoyable

Yes finally they changed it. I cringed at the previous one 😂 skipped it every time

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
May 29, 2020 11:26 AM

Sep 2014
Wow this episode was amazing. The tonal shifts between energetic Satou and depressed everyone else was really well done.

When a bunch of people who just wanted to commit mass suicide together have to say "what is wrong with that girl" you really should start to worry.

Im glad for Hitomi it worked out but I still feel bad for Satou. And here I was hoping their relationship would develope a bit.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 19, 2020 3:26 AM
Hello World!:))

Oct 2015
Welcome to heaven... right?
"I'll be done soon. If you wait nicely, I'll buy you some sweetbread." said Lawrence.

- I'll thank you not to treat me like a child.

"Oh, you don't want any?"

- I do.

Aug 25, 2020 2:10 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, wow, wow, i don't think i've ever seen emotion displayed so vividly and accurately in any anime before, this was brilliant. Sato's flippant attitude and the way he easily might go with the flow is just so realistic as well, everyone's reaction to nearly dying was just done so perfect, i'm shocked.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 7, 2020 10:49 PM
Jul 2018
rewatching my fav again and I always feel a pain in my chest and start to cry when I hear Satou screaming and crying on the cliff...
Oct 10, 2020 4:06 PM

Jun 2020
That rock.. my heart skipped a beat x)
When the others tried to catch Satou, for a millisecond, I was even more scared that the cliff would break and they'd really fall o_o
It was also pretty sad to see Satou and Misaki terrified and crying when they realized they just played with their own lives.. as if these had no value :(

I couldn't stop watching this anime today actually, I like a lot how it's dealing with quite "dark" subjects. It's a good thing to show how people can feel desperate (by means of fictional charas ofc) because in the end more will be aware of these situations, and there will be potentially more helpers/people thinking twice before trying to end things.

Really good anime for now, I'm pretty excited for the next episodes!
Dec 26, 2020 6:22 PM

Sep 2017
The fact that Sato couldn't cheer up Hitomi or any of the other members of the pact makes total sense and is very relatable for me. I can definitely relate to being sad and reclusive and therefore unable to comfort people who have given up. That was pretty spot-on, and I liked the humorous tone of it, even though it's a very sad thing.

Was really messed up that Hitomi would take Sato to a suicide pact without making sure he knew what was going on. I guess she assumed he read the whole paper and knew what was going on, but still... seemed really manipulative, was shocked her character was capable of that.
LordQuazDec 26, 2020 7:53 PM
Jan 26, 2021 11:48 PM

Dec 2020
That scream at the end... Damn dude. If anyone's personally been affected by suicide or had suicidal thoughts this episode will probably hit close to home.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out If I'm really alive."
Mar 19, 2021 6:09 AM

Mar 2020
Holy shit. I'm still quite critical of this series, but one of the biggest compliments I can give is that it sure knows how to leave an impact. The whole island suicide pact thing was a little overblown, but the way the characters came to accept and later refuse their fate was incredibly raw and believable. That's how I'd describe NHK when it's at it's best, which is fleeting but whatever I don't want to be too negative.

Something I can't agree with are the people dismissing Sato's complacency under the guise of it being within character. Social anxiety doesn't override basic levels of sympathy. But at the very least his behaviour wasn't nearly as pathetic as Misaki's attempt at saving his life.

Also, the absolute golden pipes on Sato. I knew he had it in him to destroy my eardrums, but I never thought he'd be loud enough for Misaki to hear him at the bottom of a cliff amidst the roaring ocean currents. Granted, it plays into my theory that

I really want to like this show, but my major critique is that it's spent so much time focusing on inconsequential drivel that it hasn't even had the opportunity to define its characters, which is incredibly problematic when the narrative is being told through them.
Mar 20, 2021 11:49 AM

Aug 2020
I really can Understand why Sato wanted to jump at the end. After being cast away by the girl he chose to die for He must be Heartbroken. Poor Sato. This is a conspiracy.
Ren-sama-Mar 20, 2021 11:52 AM
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Mar 30, 2021 9:09 AM

Feb 2015
I don't really know what to think about the episode, honestly. NHK ni Youkoso always had heavy comedic elements despite the somewhat down-to-earth feel that comes from the protagonist living an actually very sad and unsatisfying life, so I couldn't take all of this seriously, I wasn't invested in the drama at all. It's a shame because it was actually pretty well done.
And Satou was way too stupid during the whole thing when he learned all about the suicide project, tagging along and everything. Honestly, I couldn't believe that, even he should have said "stop" right at the beginning. No way a person who is not suicidal would tag along, even a weak-willed one.
Apr 9, 2021 1:24 AM

Aug 2018
Oh come on, I thought Hitomi liked Sato :(
Great episode

Apr 11, 2021 9:35 AM

May 2020
Damn such a rollercoaster ride

🅳🅴🅻🅸🆅🅴🆁🅸🅴🆂

“Spring will be here soon.
Spring, the season I met you, is coming.
A spring without you...
...is coming.”
― Kosei Arima

Apr 21, 2021 3:53 PM

Jun 2015
XeroBeat said:
Holy shit. I'm still quite critical of this series, but one of the biggest compliments I can give is that it sure knows how to leave an impact. The whole island suicide pact thing was a little overblown, but the way the characters came to accept and later refuse their fate was incredibly raw and believable. That's how I'd describe NHK when it's at it's best, which is fleeting but whatever I don't want to be too negative.

Something I can't agree with are the people dismissing Sato's complacency under the guise of it being within character. Social anxiety doesn't override basic levels of sympathy. But at the very least his behaviour wasn't nearly as pathetic as Misaki's attempt at saving his life.

Also, the absolute golden pipes on Sato. I knew he had it in him to destroy my eardrums, but I never thought he'd be loud enough for Misaki to hear him at the bottom of a cliff amidst the roaring ocean currents. Granted, it plays into my theory that

I really want to like this show, but my major critique is that it's spent so much time focusing on inconsequential drivel that it hasn't even had the opportunity to define its characters, which is incredibly problematic when the narrative is being told through them.

How did Misaki communicate and interact with other people if she wasn't real? Wouldn't that make everything else unreal as well?
Apr 21, 2021 6:42 PM

Mar 2020
Deago said:
How did Misaki communicate and interact with other people if she wasn't real? Wouldn't that make everything else unreal as well?

That's how I interpret this series. It makes a lot more sense for Sato to just be playing out a fantasy in his head where he reunites with his friends because of how coincidental and unlikely it would be for him to actually see them again, let alone keep regular contact. Sato's already shown himself to be pretty gullible and overly imaginative, so I imagine living in complete isolation for three years would make him fantasise about these things to the point where they would be real to him.

I won't spoil anything, but it does begin to make a little more sense the longer this show goes on. Ultimately it seems that my interpretation isn't what this show had in mind, but I prefer to go with it anyway because I think it's more interesting.
Apr 21, 2021 8:16 PM

Jun 2015
XeroBeat said:
Deago said:

because of how coincidental and unlikely it would be for him to actually see them again, let alone keep regular contact.

It's called plot convenience, it is typically a sign of bad writing, but Misaki was introduced early anyway so she gets a pass.

Again, Misaki not being real also means everything Sato has experienced so faris not real, because it also means he experienced Misaki's scenes and her inner monologue when he is off-screen.

The only usable hint is his dream during the intro of episode 1, he sees Misaki in that dream, which can mean one of these cases:
a. Sato already knows Misaki in the past, therefore she appeared in his subconscious mind, but forgot her.
b. Misaki and everything else included is not real.
c. The dream itself was actually a flash-forward, or happened way after episode 1.
d. It wasn't Sato's dream.
e. A plot hole.
DeagoApr 21, 2021 8:20 PM
Apr 21, 2021 9:52 PM

Dec 2019
This episode is really sad, I never knew that I was going to weep.
May 12, 2021 7:11 AM
Feb 2021
I think this episode was very good and very sad.
Jun 18, 2021 9:29 AM
May 2019
A dramatic death just isn't fitting for us...
Very sad episode . This will be the turning point for the series.
Dec 20, 2021 5:41 AM

Mar 2013
I have mixed feelings while watching this episode. Should I cry? laugh?
I guess that event made them think more clearly what dying really is all about. Those confessions were really great, especially that proposal to Hitomi and Misaki's confession were really amazing. Too bad for Tatsuhiro though that he was entirely rejected with that proposal. What a story this is!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 22, 2021 11:34 AM

Jun 2020
What an emotional roller coaster this episode was.

"You're a hikikomori, more pathetic than a stray dog!"-Misaki Nakahara. LOL! XD

"A dramatic death just isn't fitting for us humans"-Yuu Kusano.

The ending moment when both Satou and Misaki were lamenting with the irony of the situation, the screen "Welcome to Paradise" appears. That was icing on the top.

This was a fantabulous episode.
RKASHYAP621Dec 22, 2021 11:39 AM
Dec 28, 2021 2:01 AM
Jul 2018
This was the funniest episode yet.

greenmush said:
lol yamazaki just said a few words and he decided not to jump lol

Yamazaki has charisma.
Jan 27, 2022 9:04 AM
Aug 2020
So sad how in the end when everyone found reasons to stay alive, Satou had the resolve to die... Yamazaki's words just hit so hard as well :(
Mar 18, 2022 10:52 AM
Aug 2021
That was some peak dark humour right there.

Sato it isn't necessary for you to get a girlfriend you just need people that care for you man:) So I guess even Misaki was a hikikomori at some point. Hitomi may have had her issues but what she just did by roping Sato into her problems was SO wrong. She better repent for it.
At the part where both Sato and Misaki were crying I didn't know if I should just smile or cryXD
Next episode gon have some more detail about the life of other attendees of the off-meeting. I especially wanna know about the kid. They didn't reveal the reason why he stole money from his parents' wallet
Mar 31, 2022 10:53 AM
Nov 2020
My boi really said fuck it id rather die right here Lmfaooooooooo.
Aug 28, 2022 9:26 PM

May 2015
Very emotional episode.
Sep 25, 2022 4:16 AM

Feb 2022
What a cliffhanger ending, man. Literally.
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
Oct 12, 2022 10:14 AM

Sep 2017
Damn this episode was good.

Except Misaki-chan. she is the worst.

I liked Yamazaki calling out Misaki for her bullshit.

sato's faces were relatable af

how ironic the once suicidal group needs to stop the cheerful man

My man Yamazaki with the big brain moment. he was the one who made Sato stop that.

Also bros before hoes. Rootin for Yamazaki x Sato ftw.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 14, 2022 1:25 PM
Mar 2021
Ive never felt this much emotions
Nov 28, 2022 3:20 PM
Jun 2020
This anime so relatable
Dec 31, 2022 10:54 PM

Nov 2021
if I were to be Satou, Misaki's speech would make me want to kms even more xD
Mar 14, 2023 8:00 PM
Feb 2022
Váyanse todos a la mierda. Hitomi, Misaki, y el resto de los suicidas. Casi arrastran a Satou a su muerte.
Mar 15, 2023 10:34 AM

Nov 2022
I love how this episode is a mixture of Doki Doki Literature Club tier psychological horror and just slapstick humor in the end
Apr 20, 2023 2:13 PM
Nov 2019
best anime episode ever.
Apr 21, 2023 4:09 PM
Jul 2014
unbelievable - an actual masterclass
Apr 21, 2023 9:55 PM
Apr 2023
HOOOOOOOOOLY I can't believe massive events just happened in such a short amount of time in episodes 12 and 13. Was an insanely heartfelt episode 😭😭😭😭😭
Apr 24, 2023 3:24 PM
Feb 2019
top notch ep ever and sad for everyone but happy ending also
May 6, 2023 3:25 PM
Jan 2021
foi uma tortura ver esse ep, uma tortura boa!
May 29, 2023 2:55 AM

Jul 2022
Ironically this was funny as hell
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

102 by Tigy_ »»
May 13, 11:50 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

131 by iputsday »»
May 11, 3:25 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

93 by iputsday »»
May 10, 12:02 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 2, 2017

636 by yungboipaulo »»
May 9, 3:33 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

112 by puffle9000 »»
May 9, 4:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.