Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (79) « First ... « 32 33 [34] 35 36 » ... Last »
Feb 7, 2015 3:04 AM

Nov 2012
Acernos said:
I am the only person that topic who realized that the basket of flowers that Touka is holding is equal to one that is in Shinohara room? yes, this is very suspicious.
plot twist, touka is necrophilic she BJ'ed shinohara's hyper weapon every night ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Feb 7, 2015 3:32 AM

Aug 2010
@gabyta07

Now that I think about it, yeah it's either Yoriko or Hide (Which I really hope it is). Should be interesting :3

Agree about the euthanasia thing too.
Feb 7, 2015 4:32 AM

Jul 2013
What if Touka is visiting Kimi in the hospital? Many people speculated earlier that Nishio might be searching for Torso because something happened to Kimi so this might be it.

Feb 7, 2015 5:51 AM

Apr 2014
Shut up Tooru.
Go die.

Feb 7, 2015 7:03 AM
Dec 2014
So it's going to be a set up chapter.
Wow Shinohara is still around.
Touka, why are you so pretty!!!! Hurry up and get the girl Sasaneki!!!!
Speaking of shipping. Why am I starting to think about shipping Shirazu x Saiko... Hmmm how would that ship name go.... Shiko?
Feb 7, 2015 8:00 AM

Dec 2014
EasyGo-er said:
What if Touka is visiting Kimi in the hospital? Many people speculated earlier that Nishio might be searching for Torso because something happened to Kimi so this might be it.

I thought the same thing! It must be Kimi. But Hide... could be. That would be a huge plot twist. I don't see any reason why Yoriko should be the one there.

I think there is a possibility that Shinohjara will wake up. Even though the doctors said not. Miracles can happen, why else is he still there? (Cept for the fact that his wife probably doesn't want to let go.)

Gosh Suzuya you're gorgeous! But that is expected of him.

Great another ending that makes me crave for next week's chapter!!!

I wonder what Yomo and Touka are doing aside from Re. I get the feeling that it could be something big that may catch the attention of the other parties.

Happy happy happy!!!
Feb 7, 2015 9:10 AM

Oct 2014
Dreamingflower said:
EasyGo-er said:

I thought the same thing! It must be Kimi. But Hide... could be. That would be a huge plot twist. I don't see any reason why Yoriko should be the one there.

I think there is a possibility that Shinohjara will wake up. Even though the doctors said not. Miracles can happen, why else is he still there? (Cept for the fact that his wife probably doesn't want to let go.)

Gosh Suzuya you're gorgeous! But that is expected of him.

Great another ending that makes me crave for next week's chapter!!!

I wonder what Yomo and Touka are doing aside from Re. I get the feeling that it could be something big that may catch the attention of the other parties.

I said in some past posts, they can't disconnect him bc is against japan's law.
For this very reason I do not think he will wake up, unless someone Frankenstein on him :p
I did love his character, and I was sad to see him go, but this is a seinen not a shonnen...so pls no reviving :(

Also why is Suzuya's knife on Shinohara's face, did his knife jumped to the other page or what???
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Feb 7, 2015 9:55 AM
Mar 2010
gabyta07 said:
MuggleBorn said:

Someone on tumblr brought this up. "migi" is right, as in Re:right -> rewrite....and then we have floppy disks..

yeah I read it, and didn't understand that logic.
I don't get what RE: with right has to do????

Let me try to explain to the best of my ability.

Ishida-sensei loves pun. TG chapter's titles often have several meanings TG:re follows the same trend except now it also involves adding "re" in the beginning of the word, or mixed it with English. Here are some of the more obvious ones.

Title of chapter 143 of TG is Ken_
Title of chapter 1 of TG:re is _Hone/Kotsu/Bone.

Kenkotsu means Cheekbones (which Torso had)
Add Re to Bone, it sounds like Reborn (Kaneki reborns as Sasaki)

Title of chapter 5 of TG:re is Shitto/Disciple
Shitto sounds like Shit. And the character who loves to say shit appeared in that chapter.

As for chapter 16. Migi is the Japanese for right. Add Re to Right, it sounds just like rewrite.
Feb 7, 2015 10:11 AM

Jul 2013
Zeiva said:
gabyta07 said:

Ishida-sensei loves pun. TG chapter's titles often have several meanings TG:re follows the same trend except now it also involves adding "re" in the beginning of the word, or mixed it with English. Here are some of the more obvious ones.

Shitto sounds like Shit. And the character who loves to say shit appeared in that chapter.

As for chapter 16. Migi is the Japanese for right. Add Re to Right, it sounds just like rewrite.

Ah thank you for explaining...couldn't find the proper words to put down the explanation
Feb 7, 2015 10:20 AM

Apr 2014
IIRC the title for the chapter where Nico and Roma appears was a pun for "afro" so yeah ishida really love using puns in the chapter titles.
Feb 7, 2015 10:24 AM

Sep 2014
Mutuski and Kaneki from the beginning of TG are more and more the same the further the story goes. He has all these fears of letting his ghoul side go out of control and it's holding him back. He might have to embrace it if he's going to survive this auction, can't wait to see his Kagune.

I seriously don't understand all the Mutsuki hate, he's one of the more interesting characters from :re. Not only does he/she have the whole backstory of his gender issues and family getting killed, which I'm sure will all end up being important later on, but if I had to pick one person in the series right now to "be the next Kaneki" i.e. go through some huge significant character change, it would have to be him. Maybe he will stop hiding his identity and accept himself as a woman?

I'm gonna laugh if a year from now Mutsuki turns into a huge badass and one of the main characters of Tokyo Ghoul and I'm gonna be like "told you so".
Feb 7, 2015 10:30 AM
Oct 2012
""I seriously don't understand all the Mutsuki hate""

simple, things like building characters or complexity it does not matter much, but if that character may or may not kick ass and etc, and this is clearer for young readers.

you watched Birdman? this question is much spoken in this film.
Feb 7, 2015 10:37 AM

Dec 2014
We need a "Who is Touka visiting poll?" when the chapter is released
Feb 7, 2015 10:39 AM

Sep 2014
Acernos said:
""I seriously don't understand all the Mutsuki hate""

simple, things like building characters or complexity it does not matter much, but if that character may or may not kick ass and etc, and this is clearer for young readers.

you watched Birdman? this question is much spoken in this film.

Yeah I think that's part of the problem, a lot of people come into this from a shounen mindset, not caring about or expecting character development. Newsflash people: having characters with weaknesses and insecurities is good, because that's how real people are. That's what makes Kaneki such an amazing character, how realistically all of his weaknesses have been portrayed and his efforts to overcome them.

If I'm being honest too I'm sure some of the hate for Mutsuki is also from the fact that we really can't figure out if he's trans or not right now and can't figure out his gender. Hope that's not the case because that would be really sad. No I haven't seen Birdman, heard it was good though.
Feb 7, 2015 10:52 AM

Oct 2014
Zeiva said:
gabyta07 said:

Thanks, I still don't see it. I mean I see the others and I agree, but the last one, I don't see it. It will actually sound Reright, insn't it, reright, doesnt sound like rewrite in my opinion, but it could be that in japanse pronunciation theres not much difference.

edit:
@CNTRI715
I agree with you and the same I don't
I still believe Mutsuki will die, if not in the auction (if he is not killed in the auction she is probably going to get tortured by Torso) then probably in the long run, I do not think she will become a badass.
And as you said this is a seinen not a shonen, in seinen characters die left and right.
I truly do not believe that like Naruto you have to have all the character's story before he/she can die (btw I loved they did that in Naruto :D, you were prepared lol), bc that is what dead is about, an abrupt ending, specially if is a third party who does it.
Anyhow, what I am trying to say, if I am mistaken, feel free to tell me "I told you so" :D
gabyta07Feb 7, 2015 11:01 AM

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Feb 7, 2015 11:10 AM
Sep 2010
Will the IPA help?

rewrite -> [ɹiːˈɹaɪt]
re -> [ɹiː]
right -> [ɹaɪt]
Feb 7, 2015 11:21 AM

Oct 2014
Putrescence said:
Will the IPA help?

rewrite -> [ɹiːˈɹaɪt]
re -> [ɹiː]
right -> [ɹaɪt]

That's interesting, so you are saying write and right are pronounced the same way?
That's so weird, I have always heard a difference. Guess I only heard it in my mind lol
Thanks

Feb 7, 2015 11:43 AM
Sep 2010
Yes, write and right are homophones. Right, rite, wright, and write are all pronounced the same.
At least in British-English. Might be a bit different in American-English, however.
Feb 7, 2015 12:07 PM

Oct 2014
Putrescence said:
Yes, write and right are homophones. Right, rite, wright, and write are all pronounced the same.
At least in British-English. Might be a bit different in American-English, however.

nope, checked it, it was my ears that had a problem, same pronunciation for british and american-english

Feb 7, 2015 12:44 PM

Sep 2014
gabyta07 said:

edit:
@CNTRI715
I agree with you and the same I don't
I still believe Mutsuki will die, if not in the auction (if he is not killed in the auction she is probably going to get tortured by Torso) then probably in the long run, I do not think she will become a badass.
And as you said this is a seinen not a shonen, in seinen characters die left and right.
I truly do not believe that like Naruto you have to have all the character's story before he/she can die (btw I loved they did that in Naruto :D, you were prepared lol), bc that is what dead is about, an abrupt ending, specially if is a third party who does it.
Anyhow, what I am trying to say, if I am mistaken, feel free to tell me "I told you so" :D

Yep we will see. If Mutsuki dies during the auction I will be eating my words lol.
Feb 7, 2015 1:09 PM
Mar 2014
Is it possible Touka was visiting Shinohara for some reason at the hospital? I was reading through the discussion and saw that someone noticed the flowers in her hands where he same ones from Shinohara's room. It's highly unlikely she stole those flowers since Shirazu and Saiko were leaving the hospital after they had already left Shinohara's room when Touka was walking in with the flowers. It seems highly unlikely at first glance that Shinohara would be who she's visiting, but its not like we have all the information about what has happened to everyone after the raid on Anteiku. So, it's possible... otherwise I'd think its Kimi since I find it highly unlikely Hide or Yoriko would be in the hospital(I still hope its Hide though xD.)

Thank God this is the last build-up chapter, we've been waiting quite some time for this so I hope we aren't disappointed when the action finally comes. It's going to be utter chaos with everyone that's going to be there were definitely going to see some characters die(that is if Ishida doesn't use plot armor to protect characters since we're so early on in the story.)
Feb 7, 2015 1:15 PM
Oct 2012
ynat1 said:
Is it possible Touka was visiting Shinohara for some reason at the hospital? I was reading through the discussion and saw that someone noticed the flowers in her hands where he same ones from Shinohara's room. It's highly unlikely she stole those flowers since Shirazu and Saiko were leaving the hospital after they had already left Shinohara's room when Touka was walking in with the flowers. It seems highly unlikely at first glance that Shinohara would be who she's visiting, but its not like we have all the information about what has happened to everyone after the raid on Anteiku. So, it's possible... otherwise I'd think its Kimi since I find it highly unlikely Hide or Yoriko would be in the hospital(I still hope its Hide though xD.)

Thank God this is the last build-up chapter, we've been waiting quite some time for this so I hope we aren't disappointed when the action finally comes. It's going to be utter chaos with everyone that's going to be there were definitely going to see some characters die(that is if Ishida doesn't use plot armor to protect characters since we're so early on in the story.)

maybe have a transmitter these flowers, or maybe Touka does not want to keep hate, or perhaps these flowers are just the same floriculture and indeed she was visiting someone else, there are several possibilities.
Feb 7, 2015 1:55 PM

Oct 2014
ynat1 said:

it doesnt make sense logically speaking that she is carrying Shinohara's flowers, first of all even if they have resemblance those flowers to the flowers that Shinohara had, they were already in Shinohara's room, and then Touka appeared in the hospital.
Why would Touka "steal" those flowers?
Let's even pretend she is replacing them, which wouldn't make sense either, bc you replace flowers when the flowers that the person has are dying, and Shinhara's flowers are not dying at all.

It is more viable to think that she is visiting either Kimi, Yuriko or Hide.
Although personally I lean more for Yuriko and Hide, since in one of the last chapters Nishio was thinking in breaking out with kimi so she is not linked to the ghoul world anymore...that is to say I neither swallow that theory that Nishiki was chasing Torso for revenge, since he wasn't emotional during his confrontation.

Btw thinking about Nishiki, he has to be part of another organization.
Now that I remember, he was targetting ghouls from Aogiri, plus Torso...and Torso joined at last officially Aogiri.
That probably means that Nishiki is against Aogiri, and since he knew about Kaneki, and tested it out.
Then that also could possibly mean that Aogiri will try to do something to Kaneki soon.
What I would like to know, its why Nishiki is probably targetting Aogiri...is he looking for the manager?
Maybe he thought he owed it to the old Kaneki.

Feb 7, 2015 4:47 PM
Mar 2014
gabyta07 said:

it doesnt make sense logically speaking that she is carrying Shinohara's flowers, first of all even if they have resemblance those flowers to the flowers that Shinohara had, they were already in Shinohara's room, and then Touka appeared in the hospital.
Why would Touka "steal" those flowers?
Let's even pretend she is replacing them, which wouldn't make sense either, bc you replace flowers when the flowers that the person has are dying, and Shinhara's flowers are not dying at all.

I literally said it was impossible that she stole those flowers, impossible both physically and logically considering it would make no sense for her to do so. Also I find it hard to believe that the similarity between the flowers Touka is carrying and the ones in Shinohara's room is a mere coincidence(unless Ishida is trolking us.) And there's no way it is Hide becauseIt doesn't make sense at all. Thinking about it its unlikely he would be there because Kaneki ate part of him during the Anteiku raid(in which case I'd imagine he's in a near dead state like Shinohara), and its even more unlikely that he's there because of another attack during the past two years before :re.
Feb 7, 2015 6:54 PM
Feb 2015
I think the flowers are just suppose to symbolize something,( although I'm not sure what it would symbolize) and I don't think she's actually "visiting" anyone. Maybe she's only there to spy on the Quinx squad.
Feb 7, 2015 7:59 PM
Feb 2015
Has anyone noticed the '7' in Mutsuki's dress?
Might be paranoid, but if this really is Ishida's tarot symbolism, then Mutsuki's being represented by "The Chariot". A quick search on the Wiki gives us:

Conquest — Honor — Victory — Energy
Egocentrism — Self—confidence — Conviction — Anxiety
Willpower — Self—assertion — Hard control — Discipline
Inflexibility — Success — Wealth — Recognition
Impulsivity — Command — Bravery — Pride

I'm not sure whether this is intentional, though. None of the words seem to really fit Mutsuki, unless she really has changed after a little talk with Suzuya...
Any thoughts?
Feb 8, 2015 3:37 AM

Oct 2014
MintyKitties said:
I think the flowers are just suppose to symbolize something,( although I'm not sure what it would symbolize) and I don't think she's actually "visiting" anyone. Maybe she's only there to spy on the Quinx squad.

Yeah I am starting to think the same, I think she is spying.
Anyhow, the flowers are not the same flowers as Shinohara's
There is a rose among Touka's which is closed.
And there are no roses among Shinohara's, at least no closed ones.
Also she has a chrysantemum and Shinohara's doesn't
Plus Touka's bouquet seems smaller...it doesnt even have a vase like shinohara's (yes I get they could have gotten a base in another place, but if you have ever receive flowers, you will get what I am saying....Shinohara's flowers are in a basket, meaning that they were sold that way, the flowers inside the basket...while Touka's are only wrapped in a paper...and if you have ever received flowers before you will understand that the basket has a green wet thing inside that keeps the flowers fresh, taking it away its really disgusting, it would be easier for a person to just buy another with a basket)

I was thinking if only Kaneki remembered than he would have been able to help Mutsuki more.
Like telling him, if they give you something to eat or drink, just don't, they are trying to drug you.
and things like that. :p
gabyta07Feb 8, 2015 6:37 AM

Feb 11, 2015 2:04 AM

Oct 2013
I hope this arc is not longer than 15 chapters. Doing much more than that would be stretching it.
Feb 11, 2015 5:42 AM

Jul 2014
Nuvi said:
Doing much more than that would be stretching it.

And you know that by? You have inside information about what this arc is about? Did Ishida personally tell you what he is planning in this new series?
ArcanixFeb 11, 2015 6:52 AM
Feb 11, 2015 6:13 AM

Dec 2013
Wow, didn't know there was a thread for this manga with 1.5k+ posts. The discussions are much active here.

Arcanix said:

And you know that by? You have inside information about what this arc is about? Did Ishida personally tell you what he is planning in this new series?

Relax, Ishida has never really made story arcs (not saying all arcs though) long so you shouldn't get pissed off over such a trivial thing.
My own guess is it might be 18-25 chapter long seeing that it's the first major arc of the sequel. So hyped for this.

Feb 11, 2015 10:43 AM
Dec 2014
Feb 11, 2015 2:03 PM

Dec 2014
Haha Kaneki reallly learns a lot from his past experiences. His brain is like a super computer!!!

I still think It's Kimi she's visiting on behalf of Nishiki.

As for spying... I don't know what kind of thing the CCG would tell a guy who's stuck in plant status for the rest of his life, but it's probably nothing that important. Maybe there's something else that Touka is trying to discover, who knows.

Happy happy happy!!!
Feb 11, 2015 2:31 PM

Nov 2012
Dreamingflower said:
Haha Kaneki reallly learns a lot from his past experiences. His brain is like a super computer!!!

As for spying... I don't know what kind of thing the CCG would tell a guy who's stuck in plant status for the rest of his life, but it's probably nothing that important. Maybe there's something else that Touka is trying to discover, who knows.

its not his brain but his body.
its like... i forgot this one piano song but when i remember just the first 5 second of the musical notes, i can keep playing until the end. because my hand remember.
Feb 11, 2015 6:42 PM
Dec 2014
Dreamingflower said:

Hell yeah he is xD
Feb 11, 2015 10:43 PM
Jan 2015
I reread :re chapters and i see Serpent (Nishiki) searching for " Torso" at chapter 2 or 3 , i wonder what that mean ? He could be try to kill Torso for harming Kimi or something like that . It can also explain why Touka visit hospital . Just a guess though
Feb 12, 2015 11:05 AM

Dec 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
Dreamingflower said:

its like... i forgot this one piano song but when i remember just the first 5 second of the musical notes, i can keep playing until the end. because my hand remember.

Every experiences everything you've learnt through your life get's stored in your brain. Fighting patterns everything. Your body reacts because your brain commands it subconsciously, so yeah a super computer.

Happy happy happy!!!
Feb 12, 2015 11:20 AM

May 2014
chillax2212 said:
Has anyone noticed the '7' in Mutsuki's dress?
Might be paranoid, but if this really is Ishida's tarot symbolism, then Mutsuki's being represented by "The Chariot". A quick search on the Wiki gives us:

Conquest — Honor — Victory — Energy
Egocentrism — Self—confidence — Conviction — Anxiety
Willpower — Self—assertion — Hard control — Discipline
Inflexibility — Success — Wealth — Recognition
Impulsivity — Command — Bravery — Pride

I'm not sure whether this is intentional, though. None of the words seem to really fit Mutsuki, unless she really has changed after a little talk with Suzuya...
Any thoughts?

Or it could be simple coincidence
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2015 11:24 AM

Nov 2012
Dreamingflower said:
ninjastarforcex said:

Every experiences everything you've learnt through your life get's stored in your brain. Fighting patterns everything. Your body reacts because your brain commands it subconsciously, so yeah a super computer.
you got what i meant, no need to be super scientific like this...
Feb 12, 2015 11:57 AM

Oct 2014
this chappy felt like when the raids happened. cant wait to see some actione
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Feb 13, 2015 11:06 PM
Apr 2014

Motherfucking Uta!!!!!! WTF

Shit is getting real.
Feb 13, 2015 11:08 PM

Aug 2010
Uta!! Shit is gonna get so messy! What'so with the mask tho O_o
Looking so fabulous
Feb 13, 2015 11:10 PM

Apr 2014
Lol uta looks like skrillix.

Shit is gonna go down!!!
Feb 13, 2015 11:17 PM

Jul 2013
OH SHIT it can't get any messier

Edit: He's apparently the host for the auction!
Feb 13, 2015 11:26 PM

Aug 2010
MuggleBorn said:

4reL :O
Feb 13, 2015 11:30 PM

Apr 2014

Result of a popularity poll in the magazine.

1- Touka
2- Kaneki
3- Sasaki
4- Hide
Feb 13, 2015 11:31 PM

Jul 2013
Barion-Zara said:
MuggleBorn said:

4reL :O

4REL! http://tgre-news.tumblr.com/post/110966953427/tokyo-ghoul-re-chapter-17-spolier-images

and mutsuki's already in trouble
Feb 13, 2015 11:32 PM

Oct 2014
I love seeing Uta and madam....but where the h**l is Suzuya...he has left Mutsuki all alone.
I feel for Mutsuki
Apart from that, yey, Kaneki is more popular than Haise.
And yes sensei we want out Touka and Hide...where are they?

Feb 13, 2015 11:34 PM
Apr 2014
Z4k said:

1- Touka
2- Kaneki
3- Sasaki
4- Hide

I find a bit hilarious how there's two separate Kaneki's in the poll lol.

Also about Touka, I'm happy she landed first. She's beautiful plus she has that curve.
Feb 13, 2015 11:37 PM

Apr 2014
AquaWateria said:
Z4k said:

1- Touka
2- Kaneki
3- Sasaki
4- Hide

I find a bit hilarious how there's two separate Kaneki's in the poll lol.

Also about Touka, I'm happy she landed first. She's beautiful plus she has that curve.

Yeah the fact that there are two separate Kaneki in the poll made me laugh.
Feb 13, 2015 11:39 PM
Jul 2018
It's surprising touka has more popularity than kaneki himself. Not that im complaining

Uta look nasty as hell.
Pages (79) « First ... « 32 33 [34] 35 36 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.